Page 199 of 282 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Apr 2011
    Montana

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I got 37th in the Super Sunday Series playing Enchantress. Nothing notable with my list, but if anyone wanted a list or a rundown of my matches I can certainly do that. I went 7-3 with losses in rounds 3, 5, and 9.
    Opponent: "Your deck seems extremely complicated and tedious to play."
    Me: "I know isn't it great?"

-Me while playing Legacy

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginasian View Post
    I got 37th in the Super Sunday Series playing Enchantress. Nothing notable with my list, but if anyone wanted a list or a rundown of my matches I can certainly do that. I went 7-3 with losses in rounds 3, 5, and 9.
    I would love a rundown and a decklist. Also love the quote Opponent: "Your deck seems extremely complicated and tedious to play."

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    I would love a rundown and a decklist. Also love the quote Opponent: "Your deck seems extremely complicated and tedious to play."
    Yeah :D I almost played SSS with Enchantress, but I had a little too much vending to do to join it. My friend made top 8 with UR Delver, said the competition was decent. I would echo that any information about big tournaments would be appreciated, if you have the time to whip up a report.

Apr 2011
    Montana

So 37th out of like 479 in the Sunday Super Series. My day 1 didn't go as planned as I played Imperial Painter (the shortcake version) and lost to ANT, Reanimator, and Burn before I had enough. I originally wasn't going to play the Sunday Super Series because I really only Painter and Enchantress built. But as my friends tell me all the time...play Enchantress because you know how to play it and your deck looks god damn beautiful. So a list first:

Sidenote: I can't take credit for this list as it is basically Paul Lynch's Enchantress list circa almost 2 years ago it feels like it.

1 Arid Mesa
    1 Karakas
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Taiga
    2 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Plains
    7 Forest

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Words of War
    1 Moat
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Runed Halo
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    3 Elephant Grass
    2 Replenish
    4 Wild Growth
    3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl

Sideboard:

1 City of Solitude
    1 Stone Silence
    1 Choke
    1 Raking Canopy
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Nevermore
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Ground Seal
    1 Aegis of Honor
    1 Humility
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon

Round 1: UWR Delver 2-0
    Older guy from the Chicago area. We banter a little. He has no idea how to play against Enchantress. I resolve some number of Enchantress effects and Solitary Confinement. We play draw go for a few turns until I find Words and kill him relatively quick. Game 2 starts off the same this time I kill him with Sigil and it was a quick 2-0

Round 2: UWR Delver 2-0
    Some guy from Canada. Starts off by Probing me and knows what I'm doing. I resolve an Enchantress and run spells into counterspells. He counters my Solitary and I Replenish everything back into play and we are off to game 2. I do more of the same and I get 2 Enchantress effects, Solitary and find Words. 2-0

Round 3: Hexmage Depths 1-2
    Game one he fetches basic Forest and plays Deathrite Shaman. I can't figure out what he's doing and at the end of my turn 2 he Crop Rotations for Depths with mana floating and a Thespian Stage in play, makes a Marit Lage and off to game 2. This game is much better. I resolve a turn 3 Blood Moon against a bunch of Factories and we kind of sit there for a long time not doing anything. I find Words and he scoops. Game 3 the guy end of turns plays double Crop Rotation but doesn't sac any lands and a guy watching stops us to go get a judge. Guy gets a warning, he still gets depths and a stage and makes a Marit Lage. I laugh because I have Grass in play. He Decays my grass and I scoop them up.

Round 4: Burn 2-1
    Game one he wins the die roll and opens Mountain, Rift Bolt suspend. I smirk a little until he plays an Eidolon and I realize that I can't stabilize before I die. He throws more burn at me and I die. Sideboarding I immediately grab the Aegis and all the Leylines. Game 2 I open with double Leyline. I get to do things while he doesn't and he doesn't scoop even after I find Solitary and I have a grip of 7 in my hand. I kill him with Words eventually and off we go to game 3. I open with a Leyline again and shut him out of doing pretty much everything. He plays a Vortex and I play a Confinement, eventually I find Words and it's game over for him.

Round 5: Jund 2-1
    Game one I win the die roll and I go Forest, Wild Growth. She opens on Fetch, Bayou, Deathrite. She casts a Confidant and nuggs me for 1. Next turn I play Elephant Grass which she Abrupt Decays. She flips land to Bob and plays a second Bob and nuggs me for 3. I can't stabilize as she bolts me and I deploy double Grass which gets Pulsed for game. Game 2 she does more or less of the same stuff except I cast Replenish and get it all back along with Confinement. I never play a win con and she scoops to my card advantage. She makes some off handed remark about how she wishes she had a "Blow Up All Enchantments" card. Game 3 I try to get Enchantress effects and Solitary into play but she has Double Deathrite and I think in my head that I'm so dead. I deploy a Confinement which gets Decayed. I deploy another Confinement and she casts Deed and says out loud "I hope I do this in the correct order! Deed for 2!" I look at her and realize that her Deed was going to kill her Double Deathrite and Bob while it will blow up like 11 of my permanents but leave me with a Confinement while I still had a Green Sun, an Enchantment and a Replenish. Replenish brings it all back I think? And she scoops up her cards. I tell her afterwards that Deathrite doesn't target and that I was actually dead before she deeded. She was really mad at herself.

Round 6: Grixis Delver 1-2
    I don't really want to talk about this. Opponent was a dick. I lost the 3rd game to two blindflipped Delvers.

Round 7: Affinity 2-1
    We get randomly deck checked. I beat him pretty quickly game one with Solitary and a few Enchantress effects. Game 2 he plays Memnite and Plating on turn one and clocks me for 6 the next turn. I can't keep up and die. Game 3 I get my Stone Silence Thoughtseized but he has no clock. I Replenish for my Stony Silence back and sit behind Moat and a million other things and I kill him with Words.

Round 8: ANT 2-1
    Game one I start Forest into Guile. He plays a bunch of spells and kills me turn 1. Magic is so sweet! Game 2 I sideboard Leyline and we shuffle up. I open with 2 Leylines which I sit behind for 3 turns. I find a Sterling Grove and smirk. He starts storming off and 3 minutes into his turn he says "You know I have lethal Tendrills right?" I nod and say okay well show me and kill me then. He casts Chain of Vapor targeting my Leyline and I say he has to target the Grove. He thinks, bounces the Grove, plays 2 more spells and scoops! Game 3 no Leyline in my opening hand but I got Stony Silence and Nevermore which I boarded in after game 2. I cast Stony Silence and I cast Nevermore naming Chain of Vapor. I play some more things, he can't cast anything and scoops.

Round 9: UWR Delver 0-2
    I lose the first game in about 3 minutes after he Pierces my Green Sun and Dazes my Enchantress and Forces something else and I die to Delver. Game 2 is a repeat of the first game except he plays Meddling Mage and names Presence with it. I can't draw gas or anything and die to a Meddling Mage.

Round 10: UWR Stoneblade 2-0
    Opponent plays Tundra and Ponders. I think it's UWR Delver again. A Stoneforge still confirms that it's probably UWR Delver. I resolve an Enchantress and a Confinement and sit behind it while I find something to kill him. I find Words and we are off to game 2. Game 2 he keeps a one lander and doesn't draw land for like 5 turns which gives me time to cobble something together. I find Words again and he scoops them up.

After playing 10 rounds and ending 7-3 I was more surprised by my play and how well I dodged Miracles and Sneak and Show. 7-3 got me 18 packs of Khans which eventually ended up being a foil Heath and a Sorin wooooooooo! Thanks for reading!
    Opponent: "Your deck seems extremely complicated and tedious to play."

-Me while playing Legacy

Nov 2014
    Norwich, CT

I went 6-3 at the GP with this deck. Should've been 7-2 but i punted horribly which i would describe as probably my worse game of magic ever.

R1: RUG Cloudpost Win 2-1
    He banefired me for 20 in game 2 :(

R2: UR Delver Win 2-0
    This matchup is just plain easy.... lol Elephant Grass

R3: UWR Stoneblade Win 2-1

R4: UWR Stoneblade Lose 0-2
    This guys build was a little different. He had more of a counter/top/miracles list with stoneforge in it.

R5 Goblins Win 2-1
    Turns out...Goblins still can't be Moat...Game 2 he proceeded to blow up my lands With Goblin Settler. QQ

R6 Mud Lose 0-2
    This matchup is plain awful. He was running cloudpost package as well and was able to ramp into sundering titan through my stony silence...

R7 Burn Lose 0-2
    Ok... now game 1 its kind of hard to win...but game 2 i had him locked down where he couldn't do damage to me and proceeded to try out for the NFL as a punter and basically gave him the win... It was absolutely awful... By far the worst game of magic ive ever played.

R8 UR Delver Win 2-1.

R9 No Show....hooray for free wins?

So here is the list....Overall i liked the list... Just not sure what adjustments i can make to it. Open for suggestions!

Main Deck
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth
    3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Moat
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Detention Sphere
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Runed Halo
    3 Rest In Peace
    2 Energy Field
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Humility
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress Presence
    2 Enlightened Tutor

5 Forest
    3 Plains
    2 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Karakas
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Tundra

Sideboard

1 Stony Silence
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Song of the Dryads
    1 Rule of Law
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    1 [cards]Blind Obedience
    1 Humility
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Rest in Peace

What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    May 2008
    Connecticut

Nice finish, Sammo.

What changes would you make to your deck? Did any of the cards feel unneeded?

I'm starting to test GSZ instead of Sterling Groves. This seems to be an ongoing debate with this deck.
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

-G.L.M.

Nov 2014
    Norwich, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Nice finish, Sammo.

What changes would you make to your deck? Did any of the cards feel unneeded?

I'm starting to test GSZ instead of Sterling Groves. This seems to be an ongoing debate with this deck.
    I just can't get on board with GSZ. Grove gives us too much protection! If i was playing Eidolon of Blossoms then maybe i could justify GSZ. Halo has its uses, but i'm not 100% it is necessary. Also i may change the D-Sphere to an O-Ring and change the Tundra to another basic of sorts. If only Golden Wish didn't cost so much mana...ugggggggggggg

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

So I've been messing around with a black splash for Doomwake and Words of Waste and have been pleased with testing. Doomwake hits a lot of little spots that Elves and Delver are soft too and having him here feels nice. Words of Waste has been really good against the big control decks as Mind Twisting them right out of the game has never felt better. Take that Terminus! Brainstorm looks so bad when they don't have a hand.

One issue I've run into is how to deligate our mana without too heavily relying on non basics and duals. I had Bayou but I wanted white sometimes and I really only ever need black man when going for Doomwake or Words. So I'm going to see how well Murmuring Bosk works. It's a fetchable tri land, but will always enter play tapped. Could be a tempo loss, but who's say we can't just name black with Sprawl and call it a day?

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Doomwake Giant
    1 Emrakul

4 Enchantress Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Elephant Grass
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Solitary Confinement
    2 Words of Waste
    1 Sphere of Safety

4 Green Sun
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Helm

4 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    8 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Murmuring Bosk
    1 Plains

Sideboard
    3 Banishing Light
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Choke
    1 Teeg
    1 Containment Priest

Pretend my sideboard is perfect and needs no changes (HELP PLEASE!!)

I maintain the paradigm that this is probably just an excersize in meta building, but I think that it could be a real thing. Much like Words of Wind in various UG Enchantress Waste takes a while to actually kill and is probably not a winning card, unlike Words of War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Redkid43 View Post
    So I've been messing around with a black splash for Doomwake and Words of Waste and have been pleased with testing. Doomwake hits a lot of little spots that Elves and Delver are soft too and having him here feels nice. Words of Waste has been really good against the big control decks as Mind Twisting them right out of the game has never felt better. Take that Terminus! Brainstorm looks so bad when they don't have a hand.

One issue I've run into is how to delicate our mana without rely too heavily on non basics and duals. I had Bayou but I wanted white sometimes and I really only ever need black man when going for Doomwake or Words. So I'm going to see how well Murmuring Bosk works. It's a fetchable tri land, but will always enter play tapped. Could be a tempo loss, but who's say we can't just name black with Sprawl and call it a day?

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Doomwake Giant
    1 Emrakul

4 Enchantress Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Elephant Grass
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Solitary Confinement
    2 Words of Waste
    1 Sphere of Safety

4 Green Sun
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Helm

4 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    8 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Murmuring Bosk
    1 Plains

Sideboard
    3 Banishing Light
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Choke
    1 Teeg
    1 Containment Priest

Pretend my sideboard is perfect and needs no changes (HELP PLEASE!!)

I maintain the paradigm that this is probably just an excersize in meta building, but I think that it could be a real thing. Much like Words of Wind in various UG Enchantress Waste takes a while to actually kill and is probably not a winning card, unlike Words of War.
    All the cards you are playing seem good, so the cuts are hard to see without testing it. I know Enlightened Tutor is powerful and likely helps with the consistency of your build, however if I were to try and fix what you are working on I would cut:

-2 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Some other spell
    -1 Murmuring Bosk

...and add:

+3 Abundant Growth
    +1 Forest

Abundant growth seems strong in 3 color lists. You could also try a misers Prismatic Omen or two so your not blown out by Chalice on 1.

Also, as a side note I have found playing the 21'st land is pretty important in mulliganing less, and beating D&T, and mana denial decks more regularly.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Thanks for the quick advice!

Bosk has been...okay? It's nice, but the tempo loss was really noticeable.

Abundant Growth seems cool for mana fixing, and Prismatic Omen could be cute as a miser copy. But what would I cut? I think with more cantrips we can slog through iffy hands and draw into good stuff.

Sphere of Safety is a concession to faster Aggro decks taking over. Its interchangeable with Sigil post side against creature low decks.
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Update for my list. Sorry for double post:

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Enchantress Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Elephant Grass
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Abundant Growth
    1 Prismatic Omen
    3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Words of Waste
    1 Sphere of Safety

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Helm of Obedience

4 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    9 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains

Sideboard
    3 Banishing Light
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Choke
    1 Teeg
    1 Containment Priest

As it stands now, the deck feels soft of Chalice at 1. So I may cut 1 Growth for a Prismatic Omen. Shaving a Words of Waste was fine, as 1 was really only needed. It's been really cool!

Doomwake was been awesome. It's almost like playing 2 Emrakuls, but 1 is 5 mana.

Here's some points I found when playing him:
    -Upon entry, he kills all creatures that are big in the format ( Mom, Delver, Major engine parts with Elves, Young Pyromancer and company, Revoker, Opposing Dryad Arbors, Infect guys, etc)
    -The second trigger kills everything else. If you get to a third trigger you're pretty much in the clear.
    -He's TOUGH to deal with. Decay proof, requires multiple burn spells, etc. he's been super awesome!

Jan 2014
    Castricum

Cool that the giant is appearantly good enough, or even great, maybe interesting to explore a few other enchantment creatures as one offs, Courser quickly jumps to mind due to her positive interaction with mirri's guile on a same note I can see Nyx Weaver doing some work and with 2 guiles in play you can see 5 cards deep, but might be more suitable in a more replenish oriented deck. Aegis of the gods might also be worthwhile as a 5th misers leyline. The only bad thing about taking this direction would be turning on their removal thus depriving ourselves of that angle of card advantage.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Courser seems really good with Guile in the sideboard against burn.

Sunning for her seems really good and I've seen some lists that do play a miser copy

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    I'm wondering how people sideboard in the BGx matchups, especially the Sultai ones. I always want to keep in RIP/Helm since RIP shuts off DRS and Goyf while setting up the win condition but Replenish also sounds good enough against the targeted destruction (Golgari charm, Sultai charm, Malestrom Pulse ect.), hand disruption, and counterspells. I feel like it's one of the toughest matchups I consistently run into paper that I never see online so my prep for it is just very sub-par.
    I play a weird build so I won't talk sideboarding strategy, but this is what I've seen to be good against the tough BUG matchup, in some combination, main or from the side, depending on things: Replenish, Sterling Grove, Rest in Peace, ways to find Enchantress effects after you've lost one, Back to Basics, Carpet of Flowers, Leyline of Sanctity, City of Solitude, Mirri's Guile, Sphere of Safety. I don't play but Blood Moon obviously too. Unfortunately, none are usually total haymakers, so you have to get a good combination of things.

Explorer
    Jan 2009
    The Netherlands

I've been messing with a dedicated Helm/Rip enchantress build for a few weeks with great results on Cockatrice. I've got a tournament next sunday where I'm going to run the list.
    currently there are 2 actual wincons in the deck: 1 Helm and 1 Sigil. Im thinking of adding a 3rd since I've had both my wincons countered a couple of times without a way to get them back and close the game (where I actually did have the win)
    I only have 2 Sanctums available but perhaps that's enough for Emrakul anyway.

For reference the list (from memory)

1 open slot

4 argothian enchantress
    1 eidolon of blossoms
    4 enchantress’s presence
    3 elephant grass
    1 exploration
    2 mirri's guile
    2 oblivion ring
    4 rest in peace
    1 sigil of the empty throne
    1 helm of obedience
    2 solitary confinement
    1 sphere of safety
    2 suppression field
    4 wild growth
    4 utopia sprawl
    1 enlightened tutor
    2 green sun's zenith
    6 forest
    2 karakas
    2 plains
    2 savannah
    2 serra's scantum
    4 windswept heath
    2 wooded foothills
    //
    1 cursed totem
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 reclamation sage
    1 choke
    1 city of solitude
    1 humility
    1 karmic justice
    4 leyline of sanctity
    1 stony silence
    3 swords to plowshares

anyone have any insight on the list or the addition of emrakul (or some other 3rd wincondition) to the list? I'd like to keep the list GW instead of adding a 3rd splash for something like Words of War.
    A 2nd Helm perhaps?

Apr 2014
    Norway

I have good experience with Emrakul as my win condition. He/she/it? will almost always win you the game when it comes in to play. If your opponent cannot answer it with something like Karakas then they are doomed.

I main deck Helm/Rip combo and Emrakul. Depending on what my opponent plays I will side out the helms and side in Sigil. For example if I can not target them for some reason.

--

Quote Originally Posted by XdeckX View Post
    anyone have any insight on the list or the addition of emrakul (or some other 3rd wincondition) to the list? I'd like to keep the list GW instead of adding a 3rd splash for something like Words of War.
    A 2nd Helm perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by XdeckX View Post

A 2nd Helm perhaps?
    I would try to fit in the 3rd and 4th GSZ and remove the eidolon of blossoms. Also exploration seems meh since u play 20 lands. A 3rd Mirri's Guile or Sylvan Library would be great. 4 rest in peace seems too much.. I play 2 helm 3 RiP. Emrakul has been amazing for me as well.

I've been playing the U/G Combo Enchantress list the last couple of years and with Treasure Cruise becoming a popular card I thought I would switch my gears back into the the standard G/W version of Enchantress so I could play with Rest in Peace, this is the list I've been working playing around with since then, and i felt like I should post it hear hopefully helping some people out with card choices.

Draw Engine:
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

Creatures:
    1 Courser of Kruphix

Enchantments:
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Elephant Grass
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Sterling Grove
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Solitary Confinement
    1 Moat

Artifacts:
    1 Helm of Obedience

Sorcery's:
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

Lands:
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Horizon Canopy
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    2 Plains
    6 Forest

Some Card Choices,

Eidolon of Blossoms - This card gives your Green Sun's Zenith's an extra target to search up, is a 2/4 that can block most creatures coming your way, doesn't die to lightning bolt and most burn spells, is an enchantment drawing you cards from Enchantress effects and gaining shroud from Sterling Grove , and can also set up amazing turns with Mirri's Guile in play.

Moat - I think this card is a much better choice in this format then Sphere of Safety game one, even with Delver of Secrets running around. You can get blown out of the waters by an elf's deck just paying for the Sphere of Safety or just be a turn to late of playing Sphere of Safety against a storm deck making tokens or a tribal deck.

Sterling Grove - My love for this card in the G/W version of enchantress well never stop making me play four copies of this card, for a two mana enchantment it give all other enchantments shroud, this stops your opponent from breaking up the core and lock pieces of the deck, and on top of that it also lets us search for an enchantment from are deck that makes finding core/lock and sideboards cards much easier.

Green Sun's Zenith - This card is your 10-13 Enchantress's, gives you a card draw from Eidolon of Blossoms if searched up, and is a much better choice to have instead of Enlightened Tutor, because you already have four enchantment search effects with Sterling Grove and you'll be drawing most of enchantment's form the Enchantress's you searched up.

Those are some of my opinions for the card choices of this deck, if you want more of my opinions for this deck of cards that are and aren't in it just ask, if you think my list is just shitty tell me why, so I can also improve on my list.
    "I live my life by three principles: f*ck b*tches, get money, keep seven."

Went 2-2 in a local 20 man that was put together to test do the upcoming Opens in Portland and Seattle. I picked up Endhantress recently and this was my first time actually playing the deck. Looking back I made some mistakes due to being brand new to the deck -

1. First upkeep after playing guile I didn't use it
    2. Playing fetch after dropping suppression field

The list I played -

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Courser of Kruphix

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia sprawl
    3 Elephant Grass
    3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Suppression Field
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Emrakul the Aeons Torn
    1 Helm of Obedience

4 Windswept Heath
    4 Serra's Sanctum
    8 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Savannah
    1 Karakas

SB

4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Banishing Light
    3 Stony Silence
    1 Elephant Grass
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage

Round 1- 4c Maverick (Punishing Fire, Black sideboard)

Game 1-2 - it was a very easy matchup. He had so many dead cards. Game 1 I helm comb him at 10 life after 1 Pridemage activation. Game 2 I combo him again through Pridemage, Teeg, and a cannonist. A couple of STPs helped. He didn't draw zealous persecution to take care of my argothians.

1-0

Round 2 - Death and Taxes

Game 1 - early Thalia slows me down but a timely Karakas allows me to chain some enchantments to helm combo him after he names sterling grove with revoker.

Game 2 - early Thalia slows me down and a Spirit of the labyrinth slams the door shut. No removal drawn. I get to sit behind confinement for awhile but I couldn't get ahead.

Game 3 - early Thalia (again!) slows me down. 2 ports locks me down.

1-1

Round 3 - BUG Delver

Game 1 - I mull to 5 and he wastes my only land (savannah). I don't get to play magic.

Game 2 - Mirri's Guile into Courser of Kruphix surprises him. I get engine going and combo him out with Helm.

Game 3 - I mull to 5 again! He actually has slow start but gets a goyf. Luckily I have double banishing light. He then proceeds to double thought seize and rides goyf to win.

1-2

Round 4 - Jeskai StoneBlade

Game 1 - Turn 2 suppression field after which he drops three fetches in a row . He counters one enchantress effect but I eventually get combo going and win easily.

Game 2 - he gets early batter skull but I follow up with zenith for sage. Courser/Guile buys time as I set up helm combo.

2-2

Thoughts-

I had a very tough time side boarding. Besides suppression field it feels like everything is so important to the deck. I am fairly certain I side boarded wrong against D&T and lost because of it.

All stars-

The Engine
    Rest in Pease
    Mirri's Guile
    Courser of Kruphix!

Courser was so good against those fair decks. From blocking, life gain, and little card advantage he was definitely worth it.

I really want a moat. Elephant Grass was very good but the upkeep can hurt if I didn't have the engine going. 1 moat will help a lot against all the fair decks. Can't be abrupt decayed etc.

Emrakul was dead a lot. Maybe just bad luck drawing him early a lot. Room for a 2nd helm might be needed. A few times against D&T especially I could of just killed him if I drew it.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by jaydprickett; 12-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by Rakadis View Post
    I have good experience with Emrakul as my win condition. He/she/it? will almost always win you the game when it comes in to play. If your opponent cannot answer it with something like Karakas then they are doomed.

--
    She. Remember-the Goddess Emeria was made in the false vision of Emrakul. In this case, it is a safe bet to say that Emrakul is female. /vorthos

I find that, a lot of the time, Helm/RiP is the easiest way to win. Most of my wins are just off of that more so than Emrakul anyways. But, Emrakul cam be a thing--especially in decks playing Exploration, since 2 Serra's Sanctum a turn can get enough mana to cast her.

Thread Information