Page 104 of 282 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I have found myself going to time with enchantress so I do use WoWar as a wincon. Also helps you not deck yourself whereas sigil, if played with little cards in your library, isn't a wincon, but one step closer to decking yourself. I actually did one time achieve 4 enchantress effects on board and got to play WoWar and was able to kill Iona with it. This was hilarious because I turn 2 ground seal'd against the reanimator player and he didn't have exhume so he waited forever to show and tell eventually when he drew into it and got Iona out naming white. Was just incredible being able to shock Iona 4 times to get access to my white stuff.

Sacred mesa is a fine win condition IMO because you don't have to play enchantments to make it work like you do sigil. And if you have lots of mana you can pump out so many dudes its unbelievable how many pegasi you can make and its hilarious when you beat down with them. Most lists don't run it though since sigil was printed.

I go with 2 sigil's and 1 WoWar in my list for win cons.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

How often are you guys seeing that you have 1 or 2 mana left over after you've played what spells you are able to for the turn?

Quote Originally Posted by waSP View Post
    How often are you guys seeing that you have 1 or 2 mana left over after you've played what spells you are able to for the turn?
    In the beginning, rarely. I'm setting up and that definitely takes all my mana. Later on, it depends of the match. If I'm trying to draw something in particular, then I'm using up all my mana playing enchantments, trying to draw that card. If I'm in a pretty good position as far as protection goes, I'm usually just chiling and playing an enchantment or two so I can pay for Solitary Confidement. I might have some extra mana then. If I have WoWar or Sigil out, there's a pretty good chance I'm trying to spew every enchantment I can onto the board so I can trigger my win cons. In that case, no extra mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorky View Post
    TES at the Connections Moat Tournament
    Semifinals
    G1: My notes said "PEW PEW PEW"

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by waSP View Post
    Happens pretty often when I'm drawing through my deck with Enchantress triggers and then end up with WW in my mana pool or something like that at EOT or play all my 1cmc spells and have 2 mana left over. The end to mana burn was the best thing to happen to Enchantress since the unbanning of Replenish.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Happens pretty often when I'm drawing through my deck with Enchantress triggers and then end up with WW in my mana pool or something like that at EOT or play all my 1cmc spells and have 2 mana left over. The end to mana burn was the best thing to happen to Enchantress since the unbanning of Replenish.
    Very much so. When you get those long terms, you have to be careful with managment of your green mana, especially if you have a Sanctum out. I've had several times where all I had left was white mana and only green spells to play. But I was also usually behind a Solitary at that point.

Good against CMC 2
    Sep 2009
    San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post
    Sacred mesa is a fine win condition IMO because you don't have to play enchantments to make it work like you do sigil. And if you have lots of mana you can pump out so many dudes its unbelievable how many pegasi you can make and its hilarious when you beat down with them. Most lists don't run it though since sigil was printed.

I go with 2 sigil's and 1 WoWar in my list for win cons.
    I no longer run Sacred Mesa, but I agree that it is a fine card. However, I would never run Mesa and WoWar without Sigil, because then both of your win conditions are susceptible to Pithing Needle. This might come up once in a lifetime, but I sure as hell don't want to lose a match because my opponent brought in 4 Needles and caught me unprepared.

For a while, I was running a 1/1/1 split of Mesa/Sigil/WoWar. I think a 2/1 split of Sigil/WoWar would be fine too; however I do dislike seeing win conditions in my opening hand so I have opted for 2 win conditions over 3.
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
    If he is in superior strength, evade him.
    If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
    Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
    If his forces are united, separate them.
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

-Sun Tzu

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by JrGman2004 View Post
    Very much so. When you get those long terms, you have to be careful with managment of your green mana, especially if you have a Sanctum out. I've had several times where all I had left was white mana and only green spells to play. But I was also usually behind a Solitary at that point.
    It happens pretty often but it rarely is because of an error in judgement on my part and usually has more to do with just having way more white mana than green and way more green spells than white. Not the biggest deal really, thanks to WOTC for getting rid of mana burn.

Sweep the leg!

Out of curiousity, anyone uses Dovescape as a 3rd wincon? You will generate more bird tokens than opponents and if Sigil is online, both birds and angels. Once you have Dovescape, it is a control element as well against the opponent's non-creature spells :)

Feb 2007
    Azle, TX

Quote Originally Posted by mattguy View Post
    Out of curiousity, anyone uses Dovescape as a 3rd wincon? You will generate more bird tokens than opponents and if Sigil is online, both birds and angels. Once you have Dovescape, it is a control element as well against the opponent's non-creature spells :)
    I have a dovescape in my sb for the control matchup, it's really unessesary against aggro
    Giant Growth - not just lurking anymore

Closet noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    One does not simply make a Radley. Its bright green gates are guarded by more than just naiveness. There is idiocy there that does not sleep. The great derailer is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with smilies, awful grammar and LOLs. The very words you read are a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Admins could you do this. It is folly.
    Team Battletoads
    (not affiliated with combat amphibians)

So what do we do against stuff like Reverent Silence? I understand that we've got Replenish, but since Replenish isn't an instant it seems like it'd be too late vs. "Reverent Silence your Moat/Grass/Confinement, swing for 20".

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by dragonstout83 View Post
    So what do we do against stuff like Reverent Silence? I understand that we've got Replenish, but since Replenish isn't an instant it seems like it'd be too late vs. "Reverent Silence your Moat/Grass/Confinement, swing for 20".
    Much less relevant now. 90% of the time it was EOT Mystical Tutor for Reverent Silence, next turn combo win. Doesn't go as well in Aggro decks as combo because they give you 4 life, then they have to win that turn or risk you just playing Replenish and they are back to square one. Also if there is any chance they will be destroying any permanent you bring in Karmic Justice and they blow themselves away. Until Enchantress is such a threat that it demands dedicated hate from aggro they are better off just hoping to win regardless and SBing all around good cards like Krosan Grip then wasting precious SB slots on what is currently a fringe deck.

Sweep the leg!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Much less relevant now. 90% of the time it was EOT Mystical Tutor for Reverent Silence, next turn combo win. Doesn't go as well in Aggro decks as combo because they give you 4 life, then they have to win that turn or risk you just playing Replenish and they are back to square one. Also if there is any chance they will be destroying any permanent you bring in Karmic Justice and they blow themselves away. Until Enchantress is such a threat that it demands dedicated hate from aggro they are better off just hoping to win regardless and SBing all around good cards like Krosan Grip then wasting precious SB slots on what is currently a fringe deck.
    I was just worried because I think it's about to NOT become a fringe deck...but I think Karmic Justice will be the secret if that (or the new M11 card) becomes popular in sideboards.

The one and only Incurable Ham
    Apr 2010
    Columbus, OH

Yeah i am worried about that new card that was spoiled in m11. A lot of people think that Enchantress will be a lot more powerful with the banning of Mystical Tutor and i just hope that it doesn't get so popular that people begin sideboarding against enchantress

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

The thing is unless Enchantress is a sizable potion of the meta, like at least 1/10 of the meta, it's barely worth throwing in the cards that are ONLY good vs. Enchantress when in Zoo attack until until locked down and finish with burn and 4x Pridemage 3-4x Krosan Grip is not exactly a bad plan. I mean if you SB 3 cards that are win vs. Enchantress instead of cards that are good vs. Enchantress and good vs. 90% of the rest of the meta (Basically Krosan Grip) and because of that you lose another match you might as well have just made a normal SB and hoped for the best. Also the cards that are the best vs. Enchantress are Harmonic Convergence and Wash Out since they don't fall to Karmic Justice triggers untap Replenish and both of those cards suck vs. every other deck. Enchantress beats Zoo for sure, but it's not a 100% blowout type of thing like ANT vs. Enchantress was where it's basically impossible to win a whole set. Zoo can still easily win the game if the Enchantress player hits any snag and when they side in 3-4 Grips they have 7-8 Disenchants and that is far from a lost cause. Not to mention aggro decks now have to sideboard more than before for the aggro mirror and putting Jittes in instead of Tranquilities will probably win them wayyyy more games in the long run. Enchantress is a hard deck to play to it's full potential also, so if I was a Zoo player I would just run normal SB cards, Grips, anti-aggro, anti-Graveyard, and not worry too much about Enchantress. Overreacting to a perceived threat is the best way to fuck up a good SB.

Sweep the leg!

The one and only Incurable Ham
    Apr 2010
    Columbus, OH

I know that merfolk is considered an easy matchup for us, but I don't really understand how. 4 dazes, 4 FOW, 4 Spellstutter Sprites, 2-4 Spell Pierce (after sideboard) are tough to deal with. They all counter early game and I can't even get part of my engine out. I play choke/city of solitude main and sb (1 of each main and 1 of each sb) but they either get countered or don't do enough without my draw engine running. I also play two ESG for daze protection and first turn argothians. Maybe I just get unlucky but how do you beat all of these counters? I literally can't play anything early on in the game.

I didn't know Merfolk play Spellstutter Sprite now. Anyway, although it sounds too simple, just keep dropping bombs. The draw engine itself, City of Solitude, Moat, Sigil of the Empty Throne, all of them must be countered, or else 50% of the game is already yours. Then there's Replenish.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

It's mostly an attrition war. They realistically have 4 real counters and 4 counters that get there if you walk into them. Put out more threats faster than they can draw their counters. Don't sit back on their standstills if you can avoid it. I usually charge right into them.

I know that a lot of the lists I've seen have NO answer to Moat or Confinement. Elephant Grass hurts them like you wouldn't believe just because it brings them to a near crawl.

We have lots of tools, just have to use them aggressively.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by anonymos View Post
    Don't sit back on their standstills if you can avoid it.
    Well, I think you should just walk into them only if facing a relevant clock.

If I'm taking 2 a turn, I'm glad to make another land drop (making me not riding directly into Daze), and buy a couple of turns for 4 damage.
    This, obviously, only if I have some land drops to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

If they draw 3 with Landstill, and they have to spend 2 cards to FoW whatever you broke it with, they're generally breaking even or worse.

Elephant Grass hits them pretty hard, and they have very few hard counters; as long as you don't walk into Dazes, which is easy since they have low pressure, you'll be fine.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

In addition to Chokes, try running Carpet of Flowers in your SB. It doesn't really have as dramatic of an effect as Choke or CoS, but landing it early on makes it so that Daze/Sprite/Spell Pierce very quickly become irrelevant and with all the extra mana you'll be able to accelerate past their gameplan. I run 4 of these and 2 Chokes in the SB (in addition to 1 in the main) simply due to the blue matchup being very important. CoS is nice but doesn't seem as gamebreaking to me, although maybe 1 vs. Counterbalance decks is nice -- if you can land it.

Thread Information