Page 107 of 282 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Team Lucksack- we're the god damns at limited
    May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

so its been a while since ive commented on this thread but i feel Leyline of Sanctity deserves some serious consideration in the side. it reallt shores up burn and makes it hard for combo to get through.
    Team Lucksack, professional badasses

Originally Posted by rockout
    So it's a single red for the lightning bolt effect and 6 colorlress to make it draw a single card. WTF mate that is god awful.

That card dodges the shit out of counterbalance.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by arcboundravager2 View Post
    so its been a while since ive commented on this thread but i feel Leyline of Sanctity deserves some serious consideration in the side. it reallt shores up burn and makes it hard for combo to get through.
    Definitely does deserve some serious consideration. Not just against burn or combo, but also against Monoblack/Pox and the like. Turn 0 Leyline stops Thoughtseize from nabbing your Enchantresses before you cast them, or Hymn to Tourach from crushing your dreams.

May 2008
    Columbus, OH

my current SB is:
    3 warmth (soon to be new white leyline)
    1 replenish
    1 null chamber
    1 ground seal
    1 karmic justice
    3 carpet of flowers
    1 city of solitude
    2 aura of silence
    1 helix pinacle (for the mirror and a 4th wincon against sadistic sacriment)
    1 lignify (probably need to change this)

So it's a single red for the lightning bolt effect and 6 colorlress to make it draw a single card. WTF mate that is god awful.

May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Definitely does deserve some serious consideration. Not just against burn or combo, but also against Monoblack/Pox and the like. Turn 0 Leyline stops Thoughtseize from nabbing your Enchantresses before you cast them, or Hymn to Tourach from crushing your dreams.
    hadnt even considered that. you sir deserve a cookie. will you be attending GP columbus?

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

No, I don't own cards, I just play on MWS lol

(((((O)))))
    May 2010
    Wisconsin

I'm planning on running enchantress at GP columbus and was wondering what the metagame may look like as I am not from the area and haven't a clue. Would this be a good choice or should i consider running a different deck?
    Can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Quote Originally Posted by slaughtercult View Post
    I'm planning on running enchantress at GP columbus and was wondering what the metagame may look like as I am not from the area and haven't a clue. Would this be a good choice or should i consider running a different deck?
    I'm not sure anyone can really predict what's going to be big for the GP. The lack of major events after Wizards decided to screw up the metagame by removing the combo elements (the good ones anyway), makes it less predictable.

My suggestion is to have a plan for zoo, merfolk, reanimator (slower), belcher, new horizons, lands, goblins, and random stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in forever if you don't have the 3 round bye from a GPT. If you have your byes you can reasonably expect the really bad random stuff to more or less be weeded out.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Quote Originally Posted by anonymos View Post
    I'm not sure anyone can really predict what's going to be big for the GP. The lack of major events after Wizards decided to screw up the metagame by removing the combo elements (the good ones anyway), makes it less predictable.

My suggestion is to have a plan for zoo, merfolk, reanimator (slower), belcher, new horizons, lands, goblins, and random stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in forever if you don't have the 3 round bye from a GPT. If you have your byes you can reasonably expect the really bad random stuff to more or less be weeded out.
    And after 3-0 it's going to be anything with blue, preferably bant colors.
    And zoo ofcourse

May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    No, I don't own cards, I just play on MWS lol
    at some point i will get you a cookie

May 2008
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by slaughtercult View Post
    i dont know if anyone knows whats gonna happen with the meta but i think the idea of playing a deck thats extremely strong against agro and the like. it seems like a strong pic

Sep 2006
    CZE

Hi guys,

Im playing with 4 wild growth, 4 utopia sprawl, 3 chrome mox and 19 lands: 8 forests, 4 plains, 4 windswept heath, 2 serras sanctum and 1 savannah. Now I want to add words of war into my deck so Im thinking if I need a taiga or a plateau? Any thoughts which one of them and WHY? Thanks.
    Im from Czech Republic, so be patient with my english!

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Definetly Taiga; you have more green than white spells. The only reason you'll need a red producing dual is for casting Words of War, which makes Plateua a worse Plains most of the time.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Apr 2010
    Himalayas

Taiga for me. For a long time I ran no Taiga, and just used Utopia Sprawl to cast Words of War (or more rarely discard off a Solitary and Replenish). Recently as I added Blood Moon to the SB I added a MD Taiga and yeah its nice to have.
    Only the heroic and the mad follow mountain goat trails.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by addaro View Post
    Hi guys,

Im playing with 4 wild growth, 4 utopia sprawl, 3 chrome mox and 19 lands: 8 forests, 4 plains, 4 windswept heath, 2 serras sanctum and 1 savannah. Now I want to add words of war into my deck so Im thinking if I need a taiga or a plateau? Any thoughts which one of them and WHY? Thanks.
    That's not a ton of Sprawl targets.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    That's not a ton of Sprawl targets.
    Agreed. I think you want to run atleast 15 virtual Forests. An Enchantress builder would do well to remember it's almost impossible to win without a Forest and any opening hand without a Forest will most likely be thrown back.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

<-- Devil's Advocate on the Taiga/Plateau thing.

I've always played the Plateau. I also use it as part of my count when I look at white sources for the deck though.

For those that aren't me, I recommend Taiga. Don't tell Tom I said this.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Sep 2006
    CZE

Thanks for your input. Having no forest for utopia sprawl was never an issue. But happened to me once that I had no forest at all even after a mulligen to 5. So maybe my manabase can use some help and thats why Im writing here:) I derived it from Christopher Lou and his wining deck at SCG. But wanted to make it wasteland proof and didnt like the horizon canopys too much....at all.

So I want to play 1 savannah and 1 taiga/plateau with 7/4 resp. 8/3 forest/plains, 4 fetch, 2 serras sanctum and 3 chrome mox, 8 1mana enchant lands. Will it work during the whole tournament. Is some version stronger versus some decks and weaker against others? Do I need to up the count of savannahs or fetches or ... ?

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

So I want to play 1 savannah and 1 taiga/plateau with 7/4 resp. 8/3 forest/plains, 4 fetch, 2 serras sanctum and 3 chrome mox, 8 1mana enchant lands.
    Here's the mana base I've played since before Star City Indy. I came in 23rd in the event.

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    9 Forest
    3 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Savannah
    1 Plateau (remember, devil's advocate)
    2 Serra's Sanctum

I play the Plateau as part of my basic Plains count. If I were to swap it to a Taiga, I'd drop to 8 forests and add a basic plains.

What everyone is saying about needing a forest in opening hand is VERY true. I've never been fond of Horizon Canopy. It hurts in the matchups where you want the mana early the most. Horizon Canopy is something that I would love later in the game, but never early because in the first few turns, the goal is get stuff online to survive. A couple early points of unnecessary damage seems counterproductive.

Sep 2006
    CZE

Thank you anonymos. But how would you change to have 3 chrome mox? And isnt 3 savannahs too much duals (wasteland)?

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Thank you anonymos. But how would you change to have 3 chrome mox? And isnt 3 savannahs too much duals (wasteland)?
    I have never tried a chrome mox build, so I have no idea. I don't fetch savannah's unless they aren't playing nonbasic hate. I normally fetch basics and run with it. If by some twist of fate I run out of basics I'll start fetching duals. The plateau/taiga slot is an exception to this as when I get it, I'm either casting Blood Moon or Words of War.

Thread Information