Page 164 of 282 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I dont like the blue version personally. It is really hard to play and can screw up so easy. It plays more out like a combo deck. I would only recommend you to play this at a big tournament if you have really mastered it.

Took my list to Jupiter Games again, switched a Nevermore into the SB for the Wheel of Sun and Moon.

Started 3-0-1 (90 Players, 7 rounds of swiss). Beat Red Deck Wins, RUG Delver, and Goblins, tied up with Junk (It was a Humility game. He got Batterskull in play and I missed the win a few times, so we tied.)

I lost to Maverick Round 5 (Which I think is at least 80% in our favor, I think I just maybe didn't mulligan as aggressively enough.) Round 6 was Nic-Fit Scapeshifter. I mis-SB'd a little, but Pernicious Deed got me. Round 7 was also Nic-Fit, which Pernicious Deed also beat me in.

I know that I at least need to SB Karmic Justice now, but I'm thinking that I might actually maindeck it over Choke now, since its also quite good against Maverick (and I never want to lose to that deck again.) Runed Halo might also be the MD cut - Thoughts?

I took the a budget version of the blue version to a local event yesterday, going 2-2. I beat B/W Stoneblade and Fish, losing to storm twice. I did manage to take a game from both storm players though, and didn't really feel out of the match at all. I really like the blue version for a couple of reasons:

1) You can just randomly win. There were a few times yesterday where I just would top deck a words of wind, or random enchantment in certain situations and then just bounce their board.

2) You don't have to sustain confinement. Having to use an early confinement is usually risky, and it can be a pain to sustain without multiple enchantments. Along this line, Cloud of faeries really helps get an earlier bounce lock, and in general it speeds the deck up.

I have to say though the blue version is worlds harder to play, but I think it has a lot more potential, especially against combo decks. I run both Flusterstorm and mind break trap out of the board, which really helps against combo. Against sneak and show, seal of removal and words lock, plus flusterstorm out of the board is super helpful. Plus, against fair decks the Words of Wind lock is just as good as confinement lock.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaul558 View Post
    Took my list to Jupiter Games again, switched a Nevermore into the SB for the Wheel of Sun and Moon.

Started 3-0-1 (90 Players, 7 rounds of swiss). Beat Red Deck Wins, RUG Delver, and Goblins, tied up with Junk (It was a Humility game. He got Batterskull in play and I missed the win a few times, so we tied.)

I lost to Maverick Round 5 (Which I think is at least 80% in our favor, I think I just maybe didn't mulligan as aggressively enough.) Round 6 was Nic-Fit Scapeshifter. I mis-SB'd a little, but Pernicious Deed got me. Round 7 was also Nic-Fit, which Pernicious Deed also beat me in.

I know that I at least need to SB Karmic Justice now, but I'm thinking that I might actually maindeck it over Choke now, since its also quite good against Maverick (and I never want to lose to that deck again.) Runed Halo might also be the MD cut - Thoughts?
    I think maindeck Choke + Runed Halo are definitely flexspots. It really depends on your meta, but if you have that much Nic Fit i would play maindeck Karmic Justice instantly.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

OMG Guys. We get so many lovely cards in RTR.

Check this out:

Sphere of Safety - 4W
    Enchantment

Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each of those creatures, where X is the number of enchantments you control.

(This means flying creatures , too -> Emmi, Delver...)

Next:

Rest in Peace - 1W
    Enchantment

When Rest in Peace enters the battlefield, exile all cards from all graveyards.
    If a card or toke would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

This means our grave too, but is easy to cast and golden against dredge or reanimator.

Source: http://mtgsalvation.com/return-to-ravnica-spoiler.html

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    OMG Guys. We get so many lovely cards in RTR.

Check this out:

Sphere of Safety - 4W
    Enchantment

Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each of those creatures, where X is the number of enchantments you control.

(This means flying creatures , too -> Emmi, Delver...)

Next:

Rest in Peace - 1W
    Enchantment

When Rest in Peace enters the battlefield, exile all cards from all graveyards.
    If a card or toke would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

This means our grave too, but is easy to cast and golden against dredge or reanimator.

Source: http://mtgsalvation.com/return-to-ravnica-spoiler.html
    Rest in peace is decent but sphere im not sure....we have grass, moat, confinement....for a lower cost...but its true that stops emrakul....

I actually thought this might be good for you all...

Mana Bloom XG

Enchantment
    Mana Bloom enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it.
    Remove a charge counter from Mana Bloom: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only once each turn.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if Mana Bloom has no charge counters on it, return it to its owner's hand.

Reusable cantrip every single turn in the mid/late game, minor early game accel for turn 3.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Rest in peace is decent but sphere im not sure....we have grass, moat, confinement....for a lower cost...
    The Problem with those is, that Moat dies to Emmi + Delver, Grass dies to itself and is ineffective when they have alot mana, confinement relies on alot of enchantress effects.
    Sphere costs 1 more (than moat), but is easy to cast and has no weakness like the others.

Jun 2009
    MN, USA

@ Sphere of Safety:
    Albeit at 4W its a hefty investment, however you need to look at all of our other lock conditions and note that they do nothing to prevent creatures from actually attacking. Solitary Confinement only prevents damage, it doesn't prevent Annihilator. Moat only prevents non-flying creatures from attacking, meaning Delver/Emrakul/Griselbrand/majority of Reanimator creatures/Angel + Spirit tokens can still inflict damage. Elephant Grass only forces them to pay an attacking cost which is happily paid when they are fighting with a cheated creature or a pumped up Ooze/KotR. Yes Sphere costs 4W, but it can reasonably be cast by turn 3-4 if necessary at which point just based on the fact that we should have at least 3-4 enchantments out it will already be better than Grass.

@ Rest in Peace:
    I am actually giddy to be receiving this new gem. Albeit we do already have Wheel of Sun and Moon/Ground Seal + the various Artifact GY hate for ETutor, however being able to nix both players GY means this is definitly a more viable selection for the UG Enchantress. Its also important to consider that, unlike Wheel/Ground, it doesn't recycle their spells back into their deck or give them access to flashback/Snapcaster/etc. targets like Ground does once its removed (Nic Fit can still use Therapy under a Seal -.-').

@ Mana Bloom:
    If the card had read "Remove a charge counter from MB: Add one Mana of any color to your mana pool." and left it at that I might've considered the card viable, although I do know this would lead to some combo abuses. The problem I forsee isn't that the card in-of itself is unuseable, its just not optimal in comparison to other choices. Against non-blue decks we're essentially free to spam our Growth/Sprawls to our hearts content. This alone is more than enough to fix our mana as well as ramp. Against blue decks a resolved Carpet of Flowers can easily gurantee us an extra 3-5 mana each turn. Not to mention Carpet can be cast turn one without much difficulty (as a majority of blue players prefer countering what they consider to be "relevant," targets like Enchantress/City/Choke) and it requires no extra future investment.
    I'm strickly just theorycrafting that this card won't see much tourney play beyond initial playtesting. I could be wrong, however, I can't see any major ways we can abuse this card.

I'm definitely enjoying the Enchantress love in RtR. This is definitely going to be one of my more favorite sets. Not just for Enchantress, but for the widespread love its giving Legacy. I'm already all googly eyes for Abrupt Decay. :D

Forlorn Egoist

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

It just got mentioned in another forum that "Rest in Peace" and Helm of Obedience makes a really nice win Condition, now usable for White and possibly Enchantress?

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    It just got mentioned in another forum that "Rest in Peace" and Helm of Obedience makes a really nice win Condition, now usable for White and possibly Enchantress?
    Completely unnecesary...

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Sphere of Safety certainly gives a viable alternative to Moat for folks that want the defensive bomb, but don't have 300 bucks to drop. It might actually be the superior card, regardless of budget. Testing will tell. I like it better, particularly stacking with Elephant Grass.

Rest in Peace and Soul Tithe look like solid SB material.

Mana Bloom is too slow to be of use to us. Mana loss when you play it, mana gain of only one each following turn. Being able to replay it would be useful if it didn't fit so awkwardly into the curve.

Detention Sphere gives a pretty solid reason to splash blue. I might actually try a four color variant with this thing.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

^agreed spatula on all points. I wish the new ghostly prison cost 1 mana less though.

Detention sphere is great because its an o-ring potentially better than a 1 for 1, which was always the huge drawback with the card.

Im super stoked for rest in piece, there is zero reason to play wheel in the traditional lists anymore. The fact that it sticks "late game" (aka after turn 2 on play or draw) relevance against dredge or reanimator on a hoser effect is huge. And lets face it, if you are able to cast (and get value out of) your replenish against either of these decks, youve probably already won. Im even probably going to take out ground seal too, granted I like that against many new lists of reanimator (that forgo exhume) it hard counters them and draws a card, but testing will tell.

Its sad though, I wanted to build breakfast as a pet deck and sort of abandoned that notion after seeing Mr. Savannah Lions on Crack, but now Im definitely not building it.

Just an aside, but is it just me or does all this grave hate seem really forced on wotc's part?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Wow! I have been out of MTG for a few weeks dealing with a school / work crunch, but Sphere of Safety looks exciting.

This gives credence to stacking the deck with all the mana enchants (more enchantments to pay for and faster ramp out), and meddles well with fliers.

As many have been saying ...this needs to be tested.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Rest in Peace and Soul Tithe look like solid SB material.
    What matchups would Soul Tithe come in against?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Probably everything that isn't combo or RUG Delver.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Probably everything that isn't combo or RUG Delver.
    Ok, that's what I was expecting. I was just making sure you weren't referring to bringing in Soul Tithe against Show and Tell.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

I think Soul Tithe is just inferior to Oblivion Ring. The thing is, that you leave your opponent to decide wether he want to keep his permanent or not. Permanents with higher CMC than 3 are not that common in Legacy, so your opponent will be able to pay for his permanent if its so important.

Guys..considering clique, delver, coralhelm, emrakul....does moat worth nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Guys..considering clique, delver, coralhelm, emrakul....does moat worth nowadays?
    This is the basis for a huge debate between enchantress players. Im am still pro moat because in the matchups where it is awesome, its amazing. I personally consider it more of a mainboarded silver bullet card like city of solitude than the whole shebang like it was 3+years ago when there were zero flyers being played. And like any silver bullet card, there are matchups you board it out against.

Then again I'm also a HUGE proponent for mainboard choke, and it has matchups where it is downright useless aside from being a drawspell. I dont really have a problem with moat being considered in the same capacity. And there are few matchups where moat is completely dead anyway, so it usually offers at least some value if you draw into it game 1.

Thread Information