Page 214 of 282 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Another potential card from Origins:

Code:
    Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control.

Equip 1
    Could be an interesting low cost win condition to make the enchantress a huge hexproof beater

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Another potential card from Origins:

Code:
    Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control.

Equip 1
    Could be an interesting low cost win condition to make the enchantress a huge hexproof beater
    Argothian Enchantress has shroud, not hexproof. Still, is there a creature that enchantress might want to play that works with this? Myth Realized is a bit awkward as the equipment presumably falls off when it goes back to being a non-creature.

Oh yeah. Too bad it isn't hexproof. Myth Realized could work. One mana isn't much to re-equip. Still a little awkward though. It could be put on Eidolon of Blossoms if you are running that.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

http://mythicspoiler.com/ori/cards/thegreataurora.html
    The Great Aurora might be just silly enough to work. It's a lot easier to get to than Emrakul and you should be able to rip enough lands and to go wild.

Then again so we really want to add even more complexity to the deck? Whatever. I'm testing this anyway. I am going to kill someone with it and it is going to be AWESOME.

Apologies for the link. I have no idea how to do pictures on my phone

Tomorrow night (7-1) at 10 PM CST, join me here, where we'll have the one and only Freggle joining us live!

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    First off. Kudos to Wizards for making another Modern Enchantress playable. Especially one as convoluted as Opalescence.

I think this could see fringe play in Legacy, but likely not in Enchantress where for this effect Opalescence is often better. If that effect is desired at all. As others have pointed out this is a boon to the Leyline deck, but not a solid lock for it as a result of the 5 Enchantment clause.

This has potential to fuel a new Archetype. I have a brew that I have been tinkering with for a few months that revolves around the Opalescence // Parallax Wave combo (which is very powerful) and this could be another key to that puzzle. Initial builds that featured the combo used the Enchantress shell, but the combo functioned better in a Kruphix's Insight, Attunement, Commune with the Gods, Replenish Shell. This card has a built in Replenish lite effect, so i'm intrigued.

I'm a fan of the card, but somewhat skeptical of Legacy play-ability. I think you could build a deck for this in Modern If not add it to the Enduring Ideal Deck. Come on Parallax Wave Reprint.
    I would love to see a decklist, regardless of how 'tuned' it is. Opalescence + Parallax wave combo is something I have tinkered with, too. It is surprisingly strong, but the setup is a bit clunky compared to traditional GW enchantress, or GU (words of wind) enchantress. A decklist for this archetype would be greatly appreciated :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dihensoeur View Post
    Another Modern playable for enchantress, but I don't think it will matter in Legacy. It's nice to have as a one-of zenith target in certain MU, but not in the MD it seems to me. The -1 mana rarely matters for us, but against some decks it can actually make a difference. Testing and then deciding it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Another Modern playable for enchantress, but I don't think it will matter in Legacy. It's nice to have as a one-of zenith target in certain MU, but not in the MD it seems to me. The -1 mana rarely matters for us, but against some decks it can actually make a difference. Testing and then deciding it will be.
    I think it's definitely a card to maindeck test. I've been really up on having a bunch of GSZ-able hatebears in my sideboard right now so I'm feeling good about it in that aspect. I think the lifegain is actually hugely relevant as well.

The dilemma is when do you tutor for this over an Argothian? I feel like the answer is only when you're already winning. However I wouldn't be upset to have one of these in my opening 7. I easily see lines of play where he is good. The fundamental problem is that we aren't in much of a metagame where we can sit back and build up extravagant boardstates. We have to actively stop some very tough to disrupt plans very quickly and often through countermagic and sadly this guy won't really be helping that.

But despite all that this guy still excites me, at worst he's probably bad for a combo heavy metagame.

Also U_Mage, looking forward to the stream tonight.

Can i just say that i'm kind of upset that starfield and herald weren't around when i was trying to make enchantress prison in theros standard? They would have been sweet!

@Simdude, me too, looking forward to having Freggle give some live advice

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    I would love to see a decklist, regardless of how 'tuned' it is. Opalescence + Parallax wave combo is something I have tinkered with, too. It is surprisingly strong, but the setup is a bit clunky compared to traditional GW enchantress, or GU (words of wind) enchantress. A decklist for this archetype would be greatly appreciated :D
    Currently busy at work, and cannot log into MTGO however from memory here is the last deck list:

4 Opalescence
    4 Parallax Wave
    4 Kruphix's Insight
    3 Commune with the Gods
    4 Replenish
    4 Attunement
    3 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Elephant Grass
    3 Eladamri's Vineyard
    3 Mirri's Guile
    2 Oblivion Ring

4 Tropical Island
    4 Savannah
    4 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Forest
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept
    2 Green Fetches

There is also a sideboard that I do not remember currently.

This list is susceptible to a ton of counter magic, but can push through normal amounts.

For those that do not know Opalescence Parallax Wave works like this:

• Parallax Wave becomes a creature with Opalescence with both of them on the board
    • Parallax Wave then can target itself.
    • So with Parallax Wave you can target any targetable creatures (including your opponents enchantments) hold priority exile Wave then those creates are permanently exiled.
    • With Wave, Opalescence, and an Oring on the board you can exile any targetable non-land permanently by removing oring with wave with the oring trigger still on the stack.
    This set-up is also virtually removal proof since you can just blink just about anything as it is targeted thus negating the removal spell.
    Typically wraths are not an issue as well because you hide the pertinent enchantments under a Wave let the wrath resolve and all your enchantments come back. …and we also have Replenish.

A card I would like to test is Boseiju, Who Shelters All to even push through the ultra heavy counter MU’s

Guile + Replenish pushes us through the discard heavy MU’s

Land hate like moons and Wates can hinder this build, but does not stop it. For Moons be sure to bring in more rings from the board and fetch the Plains if you can.

The Mana base is greedy but was built to test the card interactions and not to mitigate hate yet.

Looking forward to tonight. U_mage if you have the chance watch the replay of your Miracles match on Joe Losette's stream. There may be something to be learned from how you played that match. Also Joe said something interesting on there. He said if you have (3) Enchantress's in your opening hand or first few cards he considers himself unlikely to win. Something to think about when boarding. My current list has (2) Kruphix's Insight in the board (primarily for BGx decks). That may be a good enough Enchantress replacement to push that much-up to easier. CMC (3) is not easy for Miracles to counter.

Edit: Also Eldamari's Vineyard is a test, and makes the deck explosive. Largley giving your opponent mana in this deck is not an issue and once the combo is set you hide them under your Waves prior to passing the turn to pop them back out at the end of your opponents turn. ...yeah there is a lot of stupid interactions with this deck.

Edit 2: It should also be noted that the mana pool clears at the decloration of the attack phase. So if playing this in paper do not let your opponents use Eldamari's mana to pay for Grass. It does not work. They just get it Main Phase 1

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    Currently busy at work, and cannot log into MTGO however from memory here is the last deck list:

4 Opalescence
    4 Parallax Wave
    4 Kruphix's Insight
    3 Commune with the Gods
    4 Replenish
    4 Attunement
    3 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Elephant Grass
    3 Eladamri's Vineyard
    3 Mirri's Guile
    2 Oblivion Ring

4 Tropical Island
    4 Savannah
    4 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Forest
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept
    2 Green Fetches

There is also a sideboard that I do not remember currently.

This list is susceptible to a ton of counter magic, but can push through normal amounts.

For those that do not know Opalescence Parallax Wave works like this:

• Parallax Wave becomes a creature with Opalescence with both of them on the board
    • Parallax Wave then can target itself.
    • So with Parallax Wave you can target any targetable creatures (including your opponents enchantments) hold priority exile Wave then those creates are permanently exiled.
    • With Wave, Opalescence, and an Oring on the board you can exile any targetable non-land permanently by removing oring with wave with the oring trigger still on the stack.
    This set-up is also virtually removal proof since you can just blink just about anything as it is targeted thus negating the removal spell.
    Typically wraths are not an issue as well because you hide the pertinent enchantments under a Wave let the wrath resolve and all your enchantments come back. …and we also have Replenish.

A card I would like to test is Boseiju, Who Shelters All to even push through the ultra heavy counter MU’s

Guile + Replenish pushes us through the discard heavy MU’s

Land hate like moons and Wates can hinder this build, but does not stop it. For Moons be sure to bring in more rings from the board and fetch the Plains if you can.

The Mana base is greedy but was built to test the card interactions and not to mitigate hate yet.

Looking forward to tonight. U_mage if you have the chance watch the replay of your Miracles match on Joe Losette's stream. There may be something to be learned from how you played that match. Also Joe said something interesting on there. He said if you have (3) Enchantress's in your opening hand or first few cards he considers himself unlikely to win. Something to think about when boarding. My current list has (2) Kruphix's Insight in the board (primarily for BGx decks). That may be a good enough Enchantress replacement to push that much-up to easier. CMC (3) is not easy for Miracles to counter.

Edit: Also Eldamari's Vineyard is a test, and makes the deck explosive. Largley giving your opponent mana in this deck is not an issue and once the combo is set you hide them under your Waves prior to passing the turn to pop them back out at the end of your opponents turn. ...yeah there is a lot of stupid interactions with this deck.

Edit 2: It should also be noted that the mana pool clears at the decloration of the attack phase. So if playing this in paper do not let your opponents use Eldamari's mana to pay for Grass. It does not work. They just get it Main Phase 1
    Thank you so much for the timely response. When you are so 'all in' on the reanimation plan, maybe something like defense grid could be of use.

Also, I believe enchantresses presence might deserve a spot in this list somewhere. Its pretty nice CA by itself + it becomes a 3/3 when Opalescence is out, which is often what you need to close out a game quickly before they can break up your combo(s).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Thank you so much for the timely response. When you are so 'all in' on the reanimation plan, maybe something like defense grid could be of use.

Also, I believe enchantresses presence might deserve a spot in this list somewhere. Its pretty nice CA by itself + it becomes a 3/3 when Opalescence is out, which is often what you need to close out a game quickly before they can break up your combo(s).
    No worries, I try and be timely when I can. Also, be weary this is actually not all in on reanimation as the list at first glance may suggest. This is an A + B combo deck, and Kruphix's Insight and Commune with the Gods dig extremely deep at Card parity of better. (unlike Enlightened Tutor)

I have won just as many games with the deck terrestrially (not out of the yard ;) as I have via Replenish route. There is a fair amount of complexity in piloting this deck as you sculpt and play to the line your opponent give you.

I agree Presence's presence from this list appears to be lacking, but it's not exactly as good as enchantress as it would be in this deck. The costs of the card in this deck are high, and you will ultimately dig farther faster with the dig sorceries. Presence and has been added and cut multiple times, and currently it has been cut again. In the same vein since we don't cast a lot per turn, and our combo is abilities. This deck might be a good candidate for Eidolon of Rhetoric to disrupt opponents. Wave could remove it on our turn if we wanted / needed to.

One Card I want to test, but haven't is Ground Seal This also keeps CA at parity, but protects the yard from some hate. ...and combos with Wave // Essence to draw infinite cards or attack for 2 or both. Seems fun.

Grid is nice, but it takes a slot. I think the deck would get more utility out of Boseju and lock in on the reanimation plan and o ring yard hate as a plan for ultra control. ...but like I said Standard or soft control we can just go headlong into.

Play around with it let me know what else you come up with. We should likely make a new thread though if we want to work on it.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Last edited by Freggle; 07-04-2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added Main deck Banishing Light

Hi Freggle - Would you mind explaining when you board in Kruphix's Insight?

Also, no savannah maindeck? I have not been to this thread in a while so maybe that's a development I'm not up on.

Is there a card missing from the main deck? I think I counted 59 but I could have missed one.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by WorstBandNameEver View Post
    Hi Freggle - Would you mind explaining when you board in Kruphix's Insight?

Also, no savannah maindeck? I have not been to this thread in a while so maybe that's a development I'm not up on.

Is there a card missing from the main deck? I think I counted 59 but I could have missed one.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
    Kruphix's Insight is brought in in any match-up that it's hard to stick an enchantress. This way your no so reliant on blind top decking when you have been pulled apart.

If you Run:

4 Green Suns
    4 Argothian
    4 Presence
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    2 Kruphix's Insight

You now have a true 1 in 4 chance of hitting one of these important cards, and can dig with limited mana.

I also added the the 60th card above it was missing a main deck Banishing Light.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Just a note so far - I fully intend on testing at least singleton Herald of the Pantheon as a GSZ target. I may even rebuild the deck from the ground up to make both him and GSZ better.

Here is my Opal + Wave combo list I've been testing:

/18 Lands
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    2 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    9 Forest

/Creatures 5
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

/Enchantments 30
    2 Trace of Abundance
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Opalescence
    4 Parallax Wave

/Sorcery 8
    4 Replenish
    4 Commune with Nature

/Sideboard 15
    4 Seal of Fire
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Taiga
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 City of Solitude
    2 Seal of Primordium

It is not as all in on the Replenish plan, and more focused on high enchantment count. This deck is a lot of fun to play, assuming you can find people who know rules or speak english and want to learn. *damn mws*

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Here is my Opal + Wave combo list I've been testing:

/18 Lands
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    2 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    9 Forest

/Creatures 5
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

/Enchantments 30
    2 Trace of Abundance
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Opalescence
    4 Parallax Wave

/Sorcery 8
    4 Replenish
    4 Commune with Nature

/Sideboard 15
    4 Seal of Fire
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Taiga
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 City of Solitude
    2 Seal of Primordium

It is not as all in on the Replenish plan, and more focused on high enchantment count. This deck is a lot of fun to play, assuming you can find people who know rules or speak english and want to learn. *damn mws*
    sun tzu, I posted my new GW list here

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I'm considering playing Enchantress for fun at some locals, and I'd like to use your deck as a starting point. I understand that combo matchups are not particularly strong for Enchantress, but would you agree with the assessment that your build completely punts the Omniscience matchup in favor up shoring up percentages against fair decks? I am considering running SB options like Nevermore or possibly Eidolon of Rhetoric, but given my lack of experience with this deck, I wonder if trying to devote sideboard space to a bad matchup is a futile effort better spent elsewhere.

Thread Information