Page 225 of 282 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Look at the current format. What aggro decks are we so worried about that consistently put up results? Burn. That's really about it. I've had 50/50 success against delver. Infect is a terrible match up barring drastically changing the deck. My certain is my meta game call and it obviously worked. At my last 50 man tourney the room was probably 25% BUG decks where RIP and Sterling Grove are both really good. I just happened to play against reanimator and lands and didn't draw the correct half of my deck. It happens.
    Obligatory plug for energy field. The card is amazing in a deck running nothing but permanents. Especially if you are already running a bunch of rest in peace and sterling groves to turn it into a hard lock.

And I know what you're gonna say: "But, but, but I already spent a ton of money on an archaic and strangely worded card from legends (the abyss), and I don't wanna lose my newly garnered street cred...". Well have no fear, I say, since you're playing blue now, you can grab yourself a couple copies of in the eye of chaos for your SB and still party like it is 1994.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Since we're already geared towards holding back aggro, if we (or rather I am), can squeeze in 4 leylines of sanctity maindecked, do you guys think that will be good or does that sound horrible? I was tweaking my deck earlier and managed to squeeze in 4 Leylines.

Edit: This doesn't have much to do with enchnatress, bt since it's the holidays, and my enchantress was involved I wanted to share with you guys.

I recently just came back from deployment, and it being the holidays, I just wanted to share to you guys an experience that happened, a while back this year, when I played at Philadelphia's Eternal Weekend, going 3-3 with enchantress on an Omnitell infested event.

When I got done with my match, I went under the table to grab my backpack, gallon of water and playmat tube, but when I stood up, my deck box is gone. My enchantress deck, is something I have had for so long, and I would say it's like my pet deck. Having pimped it of having beta dual land, and all basic lands from guru, as well as alpha wild growths. The judges said they havent seen anyone with it, nor did it got turned in. A lot of people started wondering why I am so frantic, later that day it feels like my soul got ripped out of me, and is pretty much dead set on quitting magic for good. Then later on, one of the judges came and got me, because according to lost and found area, which I visited before, someone had turned in a deck. They asked me to name the cards that is inside, and it did end up being my deck. The person could have easily walked away with the deck specially with beta dual land, and fetchlands, and 11 guru lands as well as karakas, but instead turned it in. The person never left their name, and I wished he did so I can atleast give them my thanks. Moments like this is when I really love the magic community.

Happy holidays.
    Last edited by Claymore1; 12-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

I've been playing around recently with the number of win conditions in the deck. Previously I played 3. Emrakul, sigil and either helm/rip or doomwake. I cut the 3rd win condition to play just emrakul and doomwake. It's got me wondering, how many, and which win conditions are people playing?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I'm trying out no RIP now. Couple of main board Sun Titan, a Sigil, and an Emrakul. Hopefully it isn't complete shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I'm trying out no RIP now. Couple of main board Sun Titan, a Sigil, and an Emrakul. Hopefully it isn't complete shit.
    That should be interesting. I'd definitely like to hear how much you like Titan relative to Replenish.

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Obligatory plug for energy field. The card is amazing in a deck running nothing but permanents. Especially if you are already running a bunch of rest in peace and sterling groves to turn it into a hard lock.

And I know what you're gonna say: "But, but, but I already spent a ton of money on an archaic and strangely worded card from legends (the abyss), and I don't wanna lose my newly garnered street cred...". Well have no fear, I say, since you're playing blue now, you can grab yourself a couple copies of in the eye of chaos for your SB and still party like it is 1994.
    As much as I like In the Eye of Chaos (and Ancestral Knowledge), I'm not sure how much the blue splash adds beyond that. RiP/Energy field doesn't stop Tendrils or Annihilator triggers, so it always felt win more when I tested it. One thing I didn't do was fully commit to blue and test Brainstorm, which may have been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    As much as I like In the Eye of Chaos (and Ancestral Knowledge), I'm not sure how much the blue splash adds beyond that. RiP/Energy field doesn't stop Tendrils or Annihilator triggers, so it always felt win more when I tested it. One thing I didn't do was fully commit to blue and test Brainstorm, which may have been a mistake.
    This reminds me we really should test together sometime now that the holidays are almost over. I did test out a brainstorm/FoW/energy field list online. It was mainly built in order to have game against Omnitell. I have less confidence in energy field when abrupt decay is back in bigger numbers. I've tried brewing a list for the post dtt era but they all feel more awkward and put higher strains on your mana base since 4x sterling grove is a requirement for that deck.

Here's what I've been sitting on but haven't played in favor of tuning my black splash list on the offhand chance anyone could fix it.

Land (19)
    1x Flooded Strand
    4x Forest
    1x Island
    3x Misty Rainforest
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    1x Serra's Sanctum
    2x Tropical Island
    1x Tundra
    4x Windswept Heath

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Artifact (2)
    2x Helm of Obedience

Enchantment (24)
    3x Copy Enchantment
    2x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    3x Energy Field
    3x Rest in Peace
    1x Solitary Confinement
    3x Sterling Grove
    3x Utopia Sprawl
    2x Wild Growth

Instant (7)
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Force of Will

Sorcery (3)
    3x Ponder

Sideboard (15)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x Enlightened Tutor
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Force of Will
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Misdirection
    1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1x Sterling Grove
    3x Swords to Plowshares

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went 3-1 with my suppression fields Sun Titan list. The night I decide to take RIP out I played against tin fins, reanimator, and Zombardment. Oops. Titan didn't do much but get countered all night. It felt good to not have RIP though nullifying any replenish or titan. Having a second solitary was pretty great. Sigil was a fine win condition. Rounds definitely took longer without helm to provide a quick kill. Maybe I'll find room in the board for it
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Went 3-1 with my suppression fields Sun Titan list. The night I decide to take RIP out I played against tin fins, reanimator, and Zombardment. Oops. Titan didn't do much but get countered all night. It felt good to not have RIP though nullifying any replenish or titan. Having a second solitary was pretty great. Sigil was a fine win condition. Rounds definitely took longer without helm to provide a quick kill. Maybe I'll find room in the board for it
    so many times against reanimator I'll have rip in hand on the draw and by the time I cast it griselbrand is already chilling on the battlefield. What was your loss against? I'm assuming tin fins?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah I lost to Tin fins. Game 1 I had a turn 2 suppression field, but if it were RIP like it normally was it would've won. He ended up emrakul attacking me on turn 2 and then after I didn't find land to refuel killed me with griselbees. Games 2&3 he bright in Mentor/Bob to forgo the graveyard and it was solid. Game 3 he simply ripped my hand to shreds with discard and I just drew a million lands. I also should've lost to Reanimator but it was the girls first time playing legacy so she didn't know she could bounce my Sterling Grove then bounce my Grass with Tidespout. Deck felt alright though. I think I want a 3rd win condition main though besides Emrakul and Sigil. Maybe Words of wilding. And drop the sun titans for like a replenish and words

Hello everyone!

I have been playing Enchantress for a while now and today I was pretty excited when I saw this new card:

IMO it has some potential!
    I would love to see a Jace casted

What do you guys think?

Shitty Mirris Guile? Where do I sign up? Maybe 1 but its pretty uninteresting, at least let me shuffe if I want.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Shitty Mirris Guile? Where do I sign up? Maybe 1 but its pretty uninteresting, at least let me shuffe if I want.
    Yeah, not sure a worse Ponder is anywhere near what we want, especially since it can't even grab another enchantment. Hell, unless some off-color enchantment focused planeswalker suddenly gets printed Abundant Growth is just better.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Yeah I lost to Tin fins. Game 1 I had a turn 2 suppression field, but if it were RIP like it normally was it would've won. He ended up emrakul attacking me on turn 2 and then after I didn't find land to refuel killed me with griselbees. Games 2&3 he bright in Mentor/Bob to forgo the graveyard and it was solid. Game 3 he simply ripped my hand to shreds with discard and I just drew a million lands. I also should've lost to Reanimator but it was the girls first time playing legacy so she didn't know she could bounce my Sterling Grove then bounce my Grass with Tidespout. Deck felt alright though. I think I want a 3rd win condition main though besides Emrakul and Sigil. Maybe Words of wilding. And drop the sun titans for like a replenish and words
    I think that Sacred Mesa and Words of War (which pushes you into red, but Words of War + either Top or Vernal Equinox does let you kill Inkmoth Nexus) are both better than Words of Wilding. The Red splash absolutely has its uses (like Blood Moon), but I'm not sure if it's quite good enough relative to black. If Aether Flash cost 2R I'd be all about red.

Aug 2007
    Netherlands

How is elephant grass a questionable card to main? It's very stock. Most of these cards "do nothing" and if nothing else it is a G Draw 2. Yes it's less good in certain match ups, but I can't imagine a meta where I run any less than 2. Any ideas on things to slow down aggro then other than a 4th grass or 2nd solitary?
    I do run Grass, 4x no less! However, there are many matchups where it's pointless. And several other cards are pointless in other matchups.

The trick for this deck is, and will always, be to create momentum. Some people use black (discard), dabble in blue to potentially add FOW or explore other ways to add disruption. It's all needed to bring the speed of their deck down to ours. Another way to do that is speeding up with mana (which will cost cards, options enough with Elvish Spirit Guide, Chrome Mox or Mox Diamond). Once our deck get's past the early game with an Enchantress in play, we're the favorites. But how we do get to that point? That my fellow Enchantress players, is the question.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I've been meaning to try out Enchantress for a long time, but I was missing enough Presences and Guiles. I finally got around to picking them up, so in the next few weeks I'll probably throw something together and try it out (leaning toward GWB, we have some combo around and I like the idea of Doomwake for the token decks I often see).

I see the current debate seems to be on the merit of RiP in the main? Is it a question of if that is good in the wide meta right now? Or is it really just a debate on it being not very good when you draw multiples?

Thinking of my current local meta, RiP seems fairly insane, as I am hard pressing thinking of a deck anyone plays locally that doesn't abuse the 'yard in some way (maybe the occasional Turbo Eldrazi player).
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I've been meaning to try out Enchantress for a long time, but I was missing enough Presences and Guiles. I finally got around to picking them up, so in the next few weeks I'll probably throw something together and try it out (leaning toward GWB, we have some combo around and I like the idea of Doomwake for the token decks I often see).

I see the current debate seems to be on the merit of RiP in the main? Is it a question of if that is good in the wide meta right now? Or is it really just a debate on it being not very good when you draw multiples?

Thinking of my current local meta, RiP seems fairly insane, as I am hard pressing thinking of a deck anyone plays locally that doesn't abuse the 'yard in some way (maybe the occasional Turbo Eldrazi player).
    To me the argument for or against Helm/RiP hinges on 2 questions.

1. Is RiP good in a given meta all by itself?

2. Is RiP better than replenish?

Question 1 is an easy question to answer. Question 2 is a bit more complicated.

Basically I've found that the MUs where RiP is really good ie RG lands, dredge, RUG delver, BUG delver are all good MUs even without RiP. By adding RiP against RUG delver you go from 75/25 to 70/30 (numbers are just my own estimates for purposes of illustrations, I really don't have any data except experience). Same is true for lands, and dredge. Hugely favored MUs regardless of the variant you are playing.

I favor replenish for several reasons which I think I addressed a few pages back, but it is good enough that I often consider it an alternate win condition. It's very easy to engineer situations where you replenish eidolon or doomwake back for mad value, and basically put yourself into a game winning position. It's especially good against a counterbalance lock, where you get to undo all their hard work spinning top, or undo a games worth of hymns, Lily upticks, and abrupt decays.

Really though, I don't think it changes any MU that drastically. Your good MUs are still good, and your bad ones are still bad. The RiP vs replenish argument really only changes the MUs in the middle of the spectrum. Basically it just engenders a different style of game play, and some different strategic plans. I would recommend trying both options and seeing how they both feel.

Edit: I think the black splash is fantastic right now, especially following the proliferation of mentor miracles. We can just slam dread of night or engineered plague and shut down their entire plan.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

The question for me has always been whether the RiP/Helm combo is ideal (which pushes you toward dedicating at least 2 slots to RiP and increases the value of Enlightened Tutor) or if it's better to run the maindeck Rest in Peace as a one-of tutor target and run Replenish. Replenish opens up a lot of options and makes the deck much more resilient in the face of disruption; it also enables some very powerful lines by itself and is one of the few cards I've played in Legacy that lets you do things that feel broken. The interaction with Constellation is particularly potent (Replenishing back just Eidolon of Blossoms and Doomwake Giant, for instance, is a one-sided Massacre that also draws two cards and puts 6 power into play on your side of the table), and enables a combo kill with Words of War and Eidolon (it requires some setup, but most of that is incisental). I not sure which route is optimal, but that's the basic question as I see it.

EDIT: A quick search suggests that it might be worth looking into a kill with Forgeborn Oreads or Grim Guardian.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

I've been playing MUD for the past few months and wanted a break, so in December I put together Enchantress. Here's how my list came together:

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Emrakul

4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Sterling Grove
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Elephant Grass
    3 Mirri's Guile
    2 Exploration
    2 GSZ
    2 Suppression Field
    2 Solitary Confinement
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Sphere of Safety
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Fetches
    1 Savannah
    9 Forest
    2 Plains

Board:
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 RIP
    2 Stony Silence
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Aegis of the Gods
    1 Replenish
    1 Helm of Obedience

Last night I took it out for a test run; unfortunately 8 people came out, so we only got 3 rounds.

Round I: Merfolk: 2-0
    - Game 1: He kept a slow hand (no turn 1 play, turn 2 Silvergill, turn 3 Lord). I got a quick Enchantress, a lock piece, and then a Sigil and took over the board.
    - Game 2: (+1 Replenish, +1 Banishing Light, -2 Exploration [should have been Suppression Field, but I wasn't thinking]) He has a more aggressive line, and eventually we're at a board with 2 Silvergills and 4 Lords. I have a Sigil down, and manage to stall by creating Angel tokens to chump the fish. That goes on for a few turns before I build up to playing an Emrakul, then Replenish and make a bunch of Angels on my 2nd Emrakul turn.

Round II: BUG Delver: 0-2
    - Game 1: I keep a sketchy opener (no Enchantress effect), then 2 Hymns and a flipped Delver tear me to shreds.
    - Game 2: (+2 RIP, +1 Helm, +1 Replenish, -2 Exploration, -1 Banishing Light, -1 Utopia Sprawl) Basically the same things happen, though there's 1 less Hymn and 1 more Goyf.

Round III: Deathblade: 2-1
    - Game 1: He Therapies the shit out of my hand and I never recover.
    - Game 2: (+2 Stony Silence, +1 Banishing Light, +1 Replenish, -1 E Tutor, -1 Utopia Sprawl, -2 Exploration) I get a turn 2 Enchantress, while he gets turn 2 Meddling Mage on E Tutor Elephant Grass and Suppression Field slow him way down before Angels take over the board.
    - Game 3: Turn 2 Enchantress is quickly followed up by Suppression Field and Stony Silence, which locks him out of a useful Stoneforge. Sigil comes down and he scoops.

Thoughts:
    - I boarded in Replenish every match, and loved it whenever I played it. I might move it to the main.
    - My first build ran RIP/Helm as a win con, but I think I like Sigil better.
    - Suppression Field is tough! It's been a net positive so far, but still, I got locked out of my own Fetches and Sterling Grove activations more than I'd like.
    - After playing MUD for a while, this is waaaaay too many triggers for me to handle

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    After playing MUD for a while, this is waaaaay too many triggers for me to handle
    I usually remember my triggers by making stacks of piles effects. SO I put all my mirri's guiles, E grasses, and solitary confinements in a tidy little pile in the order that I want the triggers on the stack in the upkeep, usually so that guile resolves first so I have as much info as possible before paying e grass and solitary.

I also put all enchantress effects into a single pile, including my sigil that way I never forget any.

I like the decklist overall, and I think if you want replenish MD an easy one for one swap is to take out e tutor. It's better in the board IMO when you need to find silver bullets faster than sterling grove allows.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Cheers Dingo - appreciate the tip. Last night I was using dice as reminders, but stacks sound better.

I like the idea of swapping E Tutor and Replenish. I was surprised to find E Tutor mediocre in my testing and games so far, though as you've said it would be better when I need silver bullets. Likewise, I imagine I'd board it in anytime I'm switching to RIP Helm.

Thread Information