Page 260 of 282 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Makes perfect sense, just sheer curiosity. Solemnity has me digging through old cards to see potential combinations (as I'm sure many others are doing) and I came across it in passing.

Will Enchantress players be working in Solemnity? It seems like the most natural deck to play it, considering Crop Rotation/Solemnity are on-color for Dark Depths shenanigans.
    Short answer: I don't know.

Longer answer: It's not a given. Assuming that you are playing 2-3 Solemnity 1-3 Crop Rotation's and 1-2 Dark Depths you are at 4-8 cards for the combo. With a similarly combo-ish version of GW Helm you are at 4 cards. 3 of which are Rest in Peace a good disruption card.

In the end it would take some testing / tweaking to answer. I feel it's not a plug and play, it will be a deck unto it's own likely with Exploration and Ground Seal and other potential cards that abuse the "no counters" thing.

At a min. Enchantress gets another decent tool vs. infect.

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    Short answer: I don't know.
    .... cards that abuse the "no counters" thing.
    What about Elephant Grass's cummulative upkeep = age counter after rewording :)

And also what is about the new one-sided-6 mana-himility?

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by FFreak View Post
    And also what is about the new one-sided-6 mana-humility?
    I really want it to work somehow, but it looks a tad too slow for the match-ups where we'd really want it. Against decks where we need Humility, I usually find myself jamming it as soon as I can cast it. I'm going to try it and see how well it works though.

Against slow Leovold Decks, it seems like a decent non-Decayable solution?

Will Enchantress players be working in Solemnity? It seems like the most natural deck to play it, considering Crop Rotation/Solemnity are on-color for Dark Depths shenanigans.
    I'm mixed on Dark Depths/Crop Rotation with Solemnity depending on what else you're running. If you put in Dark Depths and Solemnity, what do you take out?

It then raises the amount of hate cards. Elephant Grass, Karakas, Swords, Blood Moon, and Wasteland are things we'd have to care about. I can see some merits where this can provided a faster combo win (3-mana spell + Land Drop could be easier to pull off in a tight situation where we might not get 2-mana for RiP, then 4-mana + X mana for Helm).
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

I really would want to try solemnity again. I don't play competitive, because of that I always miss some sideboard or important tools against many matches.

I'm thinking in:

Lands 22
    2 x Serra's Sanctum
    4 x Windswept Heath
    1 x Misty Rainforest
    8 x Forest
    2 x Plains
    1 x Savannah
    1 x Dark Depths
    1 x Glacial Chasm
    1 x Karakas
    1 x Thespian's Stage

Creatures 5
    1 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 x Argothian Enchantress

Spells 33
    3 x Elephant Grass
    4 x Enchantress's Presence
    1 x Sigil of Empty Throne
    1 x Exploration
    4 x Sterling Grove
    4 x Utopia Sprawl
    4 x Wild Growth
    4 x Solemnity
    2 x Force Bubble
    1 x Nevermore
    3 x Crop Rotation
    1 x Cloudstone Curio
    1 x Replenish

Sideboard
    1 x Life from the loam
    1 x Stony Silence
    2 x Rest in Peace
    1 x Nevermore
    2 x Humility
    4 x Leyline of Sanctity
    3 x Beast Within
    1 x Grond Seal

Dark Depths is a fast win with Solemnity, the 3 Crop Rotation can help to find him, or Glacial Chasm (another lock) or even Serra's Sanctum to cast Emrakul. I don't even know if Thespian's Stage add that much here.

Force Bubble is another lock with Solemnity, as Elephant Grass. Cloudstone Curio can help with counters while Solemnity isn't in the table (or be extracted), and is amazing fuel bounce to enchantress draw. With exploration can help to bounce Serra's Sanctum too, more fast mana.

Nevermore can protect agaisnt any key card there isn't on the table yet

Maybe I'm talking bullshit, but I love Beast Within in that deck, he can remove anything that isn't indestructible, Planeswalkers, Leovald, Artifacts, Enchantments, Karakas, even basic lands. Who cares of the 3/3 when you have so many locks. I could even play 4 of them in the main deck (could I?).

Life from the loam can help with the sacrificed/destroyed lands, and if you have replenish in hand, can be your win condition while you mill your deck... This can play in main deck?

Some really important match I'm forgetting?

Aug 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    I really would want to try solemnity again. I don't play competitive, because of that I always miss some sideboard or important tools against many matches.

I'm thinking in:

Lands 22
    2 x Serra's Sanctum
    4 x Windswept Heath
    1 x Misty Rainforest
    8 x Forest
    2 x Plains
    1 x Savannah
    1 x Dark Depths
    1 x Glacial Chasm
    1 x Karakas
    1 x Thespian's Stage

Creatures 5
    1 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 x Argothian Enchantress

Spells 33
    3 x Elephant Grass
    4 x Enchantress's Presence
    1 x Sigil of Empty Throne
    1 x Exploration
    4 x Sterling Grove
    4 x Utopia Sprawl
    4 x Wild Growth
    4 x Solemnity
    2 x Force Bubble
    1 x Nevermore
    3 x Crop Rotation
    1 x Cloudstone Curio
    1 x Replenish

Sideboard
    1 x Life from the loam
    1 x Stony Silence
    2 x Rest in Peace
    1 x Nevermore
    2 x Humility
    4 x Leyline of Sanctity
    3 x Beast Within
    1 x Grond Seal

Dark Depths is a fast win with Solemnity, the 3 Crop Rotation can help to find him, or Glacial Chasm (another lock) or even Serra's Sanctum to cast Emrakul. I don't even know if Thespian's Stage add that much here.

Force Bubble is another lock with Solemnity, as Elephant Grass. Cloudstone Curio can help with counters while Solemnity isn't in the table (or be extracted), and is amazing fuel bounce to enchantress draw. With exploration can help to bounce Serra's Sanctum too, more fast mana.

Nevermore can protect agaisnt any key card there isn't on the table yet

Maybe I'm talking bullshit, but I love Beast Within in that deck, he can remove anything that isn't indestructible, Planeswalkers, Leovald, Artifacts, Enchantments, Karakas, even basic lands. Who cares of the 3/3 when you have so many locks. I could even play 4 of them in the main deck (could I?).

Life from the loam can help with the sacrificed/destroyed lands, and if you have replenish in hand, can be your win condition while you mill your deck... This can play in main deck?

Some really important match I'm forgetting?
    Actually i cannot see why everyone is so hyped by solemnity. it has some good interactions with cards we already play and it's a functional hoser vs. some decks (i.e. infect) but rebuilding the whole deck around it seems to me at least a dummy mistake:
    - you're givin'up stable and redundant builds for a card-centric build, which means watering down the deck, which means moving from raw card advantage to a tutorish decklist and btw all our tutors make card disadvantage (crop, ETutor, SGrove)
    - you're givin'up stable and hard to attack manabases for a bunch of utility lands which you cannot recour efficiently (cause you're not playin lands.deck) nor protect efficiently (cause you're not playing stifle, nor needle, nor c.spells, nor instant bloodmoon removal aka decay), cannot being regularly tutored for solution; the only upside is that you get a 3-turn 20/20 beater which is easier to remove than a emmy, less efficient closing tool cause it doesnt force people to sac annoying permanents and cannot give you infinite turn... and btw you can kill on 4th also with rip-helm without going through a combat phase

imho, solemnity can be a good tool in enchantress but not a pillar:
    2-3 solemnity (instead of suppression field maybe)
    1-2 crop rotation (instead a 4th GSZ)
    1 g.chasm (instead a serra sanct.)

something like:
    2 serra s.
    1 chasm
    1 karakas
    1 savannah
    2 plains
    4 fetch WG
    9 forest
    4 presence
    4 argothian e.
    3 GSZ
    2 mirri
    4 sprawl
    4 growth
    4 grass
    3 somunity
    2 crop
    1 emmy
    2 rip
    1 helm
    2 o ring
    2 sterling g.
    2 confinement

my2cents

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound View Post
    Actually i cannot see why everyone is so hyped by solemnity. it has some good interactions with cards we already play and it's a functional hoser vs. some decks (i.e. infect) but rebuilding the whole deck around it seems to me at least a dummy mistake:
    - you're givin'up stable and redundant builds for a card-centric build, which means watering down the deck, which means moving from raw card advantage to a tutorish decklist and btw all our tutors make card disadvantage (crop, ETutor, SGrove)
    - you're givin'up stable and hard to attack manabases for a bunch of utility lands which you cannot recour efficiently (cause you're not playin lands.deck) nor protect efficiently (cause you're not playing stifle, nor needle, nor c.spells, nor instant bloodmoon removal aka decay), cannot being regularly tutored for solution; the only upside is that you get a 3-turn 20/20 beater which is easier to remove than a emmy, less efficient closing tool cause it doesnt force people to sac annoying permanents and cannot give you infinite turn... and btw you can kill on 4th also with rip-helm without going through a combat phase

imho, solemnity can be a good tool in enchantress but not a pillar:
    2-3 solemnity (instead of suppression field maybe)
    1-2 crop rotation (instead a 4th GSZ)
    1 g.chasm (instead a serra sanct.)

something like:
    2 serra s.
    1 chasm
    1 karakas
    1 savannah
    2 plains
    4 fetch WG
    9 forest
    4 presence
    4 argothian e.
    3 GSZ
    2 mirri
    4 sprawl
    4 growth
    4 grass
    3 somunity
    2 crop
    1 emmy
    2 rip
    1 helm
    2 o ring
    2 sterling g.
    2 confinement

my2cents
    Good point about protection of lands, glacial chasm doesn't look all that in a WL world if he can't be protected.
    SG isn't just a tutor, he protect 90% of enchantment removals in legacy, important in that cade. I wouldn't use ETutor. But you're high about card desadvantage.
    Another problem is the terrible win condition when I need to side humility in.
    I would like to play celestial convergence as win condition, would be fun drop this after Marit Lage is exile with StP and you get extra 20 hp. Or with Illusions of Grandeur, but looks slow as hell and depend even more of solemnity

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    Good point about protection of lands, glacial chasm doesn't look all that in a WL world if he can't be protected.
    I lost count how many times Glacial Chasm bought me enough time to setup my defensive bubble. Think Elves, Reanimator, where gaining 2-3 more turns to setup often turns out to be crucial.

There are also decks that trimmed down on the Wasteland (2 max) package due to 3/4 colour commitments.

Regarding the new Enchantment. It looks cool, it fits with our E.grass plan, but I am not going to include it in my Enchantress version. I am just short on slots for it, it feels to me, that whatever im taking out for it, will be more relevant then said enchantment.

If I where to include said card, I would be to tempted to tryout a slight blue splash and add Mystic Remora.

The DD and Thespian stage trick is nice, but I don't wish to commit the slots to it, even though I already run the Crop rotation package [Karakas, Wasteland, Tabernacle, chasm] I just don't wish to trim down even further on GW lands.
    Decks I own: 2x DnTx [B,G,R], Deadguy Ale, Maverick, Elves, Enchantress [WG/GU], Goblins, (Shardless) BUG, Food Chain, Aluren, High tide (reset/spiral), UR delver, RUG delver, Grixis Delver, Reanimator, Lands, Dark Depths (turbo / selesnya / hoogaak)

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. A.E. (1879 - 1955)

Played against a version of this last night. Impressions/Things that we talked about:
    - Delver doesn't have a way to kill Marit Lage so Solemnity often becomes a must-counter even if it would otherwise be a do nothing (you can't wait to counter crop rotation if the opponent just draws depths naturally).
    - This however is not 100% true because you can block the combo by holding up wasteland (which otherwise isn't a very effective card against Enchantress)
    - Solemnity + Elephant Grass is pretty good
    - Is Phyrexian Unlife just the best 'Force Bubble' effect? Cheaper, protects from Tendrils of Agony (I guess you can make the argument that Force Bubble is a better card by itself)
    - You can play Sacred Ground main/side which protects you from Waste (both on DD and Chasm)
    - Living wish is another option instead of Crop Rotation
    - Kitchen Finks as GSZ target

Overall I think it opens you up to too much interaction that didn't affect you before and playing multiple copies of redundant do-nothing combo pieces makes it easier for the opponent to execute the typical 'kill enchantress' plan (counter/discard your enchantress effects and watch you flounder trying to topdeck out of it).

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Played Friday Night Legacy at a local store. I missed round 1, as I was working and not able to get to the store on time. I just took the round 1 loss, but played well to take a spot in the top 4 out of 12 players.

Top 4 in the end was:

ANT
    Deathblade
    Enchantress (me)
    UR Delver

Most of my matches were won by either opponent scooping, or Angel tokens.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Solemnity seems like it would combo with Tornado as a control engine swiss army knife. You can activate Tornado on your turn and on their turn to destroy any 2 permanents at instant speed for 3 mana each. An old favorite from way back- why yes I'm happy to pay 3 life for 2 for 1 over Desert Twister. Good mana sink.

Card seems interesting but as a 3 mana combo enchantment I am more likely to try to run it in a cascade shell than in enchantress.

Also seems like a cheap way to infinite combo or lock with persist/ undying creatures like Young Wolf.

Well. Hello.

Sep 2011
    South Windsor

I would recommend Delaying Shield over Force Bubble personally. It has been great in my testing

Quote Originally Posted by rxthexletter View Post
    I would recommend Delaying Shield over Force Bubble personally. It has been great in my testing

Good option, delaying shield is harder to remove.

I know it isn't legacy and it isn't enchantress, but some cool action from solemnity: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...lemnity-modern

Quote Originally Posted by rxthexletter View Post

Noob question, how delaying sgield ibteract with a planeswalker? If I have a Gideon of trials and my opponent try to bolt Gideon, the damage will be redirect to Shield?

Aug 2016
    Flanders

I've recorded my first Enchantress vid last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159673835
    I hope the sound is okay, as the videos I recorded before it got a lot of complaints due to the MTGO sounds being louder than my voice, I tried to fix that but I'm not sure it worked.

The Gideon's Intervention didn't do much, and I may want another Banishing Light/Seal of Primordium/Cast Out effect in the 75.
    Only lost to Blood Moon out of Sneaky Show catching me off guard turn 2 before I got to fetch a basic, that was a pity.

Overall I'm still very satisfied with this version with 2 Helms, which I think we need - I may board 1 out if my opponent has neither discard nor counterspells (like DnT or Goblins), but I really want the backup so I'm less afraid to jam the first one into an opponent with a full hand of possible FOWs.
    And we don't need to dig half our deck for it if we're facing a Leovold - drawing one naturally becomes 200% as likely.

List:
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    4 Forest
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    2 Doomwake Giant
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Savannah
    2 Helm of Obedience
    2 Bayou
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Solitary Confinement
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    3 Wild Growth
    1 Sterling Grove
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Elephant Grass
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Gideon's Intervention

1 Humility
    1 Surgical Extraction
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Sterling Grove
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Engineered Plague
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Thoughtseize

Changes I want:

MD
    -1 Gideon's Intervention
    -1 Wooded Foothills

+1 Forest
    +1 Horizon Canopy?? - I want to try this out as 20th land, we didn't die to manascrew a lot this league IIRC but still could reduce the nr of mulligans due to no lands, while reducing the nr of games I flooded as well. Just less struggle to get your land drops early game.

SB
    -1 STP??
    +1 Cast Out/Seal of Primordium/Oblivion Ring??

Sep 2011
    South Windsor

I figured I would officially join the Enchantress community and post here! =D

This is my current lists adopting Solemnity. It has been performing very well.
    A few notable cards. Crop rotation helps us find chasm or darkdepths for 2 different combos with solemnity.
    trace of abundance acts as a utopia sprawl for any land, while providing shroud. Placing this on a glacial chasm or serra's feels very good, and can lead to a hard lock under solemnity and sterling grove.
    Overwhelming splendor has been very strong! the High mana cost keeps me from maining it currently, but i would love to add room for the black curse that lets you search a curse during your upkeep. It has been the NUTS against Omni, almost want 2 in my board because of it.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 1 Artifact
    1 Helm of Obedience

// 7 Creature
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// 28 Enchantment
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Wild Growth
    3 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Trace of Abundance
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Sphere of Safety
    1 Abundance
    4 Sterling Grove
    2 Solemnity
    1 Banishing Light
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Solitary Confinement

// 2 Instant
    2 Crop Rotation

// 19 Land
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Karakas
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Horizon Canopy
    2 Plains
    6 Forest
    1 Bayou

// 3 Sorcery
    1 Replenish
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

// 15 Sideboard
    // 1 Creature
    SB: 1 Doomwake Giant

// 14 Enchantment
    SB: 1 Nevermore
    SB: 1 Oblivion Ring
    SB: 1 Rule of Law
    SB: 1 Humility
    SB: 1 Stony Silence
    SB: 2 Suppression Field
    SB: 3 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 1 Overwhelming Splendor

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    I've recorded my first Enchantress vid last night....
    Thank you for sharing some enchantress matches on vid.
    Always nice to see those games.
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Cheatyface
    May 2014
    Massachusetts

For those of you who've been testing with / playing Cast Out, care to share your impressions of the card? Looking at traditional Exile-based enchantments, I've always found that a case could be made for Oblivion Ring / Banishing Light / Journey to Nowhere depending on what role you're looking for them to fill. The 4cmc pricetag is a bit concerning in a world where Thalia exists, but the flexibility to cycle it away when dead or cast at instant speed (in response to Port or during an opponent's turn to deal with an Ethersworn Cannonist or Leovold) has me circling back to considering it for my 75.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

I like them, they get so much value with replenish that can't be decayed. if DnT is a concern, I suggest going for a black splash. Otherwise my main concern specially around me, are those pesky decks packing leovolds, decays and or discards.

Cheatyface
    May 2014
    Massachusetts

Also wanted to share that my friend Curtis got a feature match on stream at the TJ's Titanium Series event last weekend. Unfortunately he lost the match (4-2 overall, with both players that beat him making top 8), but I wanted to link the .VOD anyways since Enchantress gets so little camera time. I think the match does a good job highlighting both the strengths and the weaknesses of the deck. It was a lot of fun to hear the commentary staff low-key pulling for him, and they ended up bringing him in for a post-match interview despite losing.

A few relevant timestamps to make stuff easier for you folks:
    6:32:10 Pre-Match Commentary (focuses more on Food Chain than Enchantress, tbh)
    6:38:30 Match Starts
    7:15:35 Post-Match Interview
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Thank you for sharing, its always nice to see the deck on camera.

Thread Information