Page 261 of 282 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

How do you guys feel about the new card Teferi's Protection? Feels like it can be a multi-purpose sideboard tool of combating sweepers (if use don their turn), buys you a turn, and can be used as potential turn 2 answer versus combo decks.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

I hadnt considered it for Enchantress, as it's basically a 3 mana FOG in most matchups, without being an enchantment so not advancing your own gameplan either. And Storm isn't likely to try and kill you with mana open without having Probed/discarded you to see the contents of your hand.

On another note, I did record another Enchantress vid last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168003762
    the list is similar to what I played in my previous leagues/videos.

Played an FNM Last Night, 3-0'd with the deck. Quick review:

1) vs Eldrazi (2-1) - I had played him before and for some reason he seems to be afraid of this deck. Game 1 I lost as he was able to smash his way through with Reality Smasher and Mimic before I set up. Game 2 he got me down to about 5 life, but I was able to set up my board when I had my Peacekeeper out. This sideboard card has worked extremely well for me as it is not necessarily expected and if they don't have any quick removal it buys a lot of time. I was able to stabilize. It was really interesting as with his thought knot seer deciding whether he should take out my Humility while I had Doomwake on the Board. We had to look up what would happen, and it seems it would Board clear. I was able to solitary confinement myself. Game 3 I had almost the perfect hand against him, 2 ramps, RIP, Solitary Confinement and Helm of Obedience,Ovlion Ring, eventually 3 lands with fetches for the right colors. Even with no enchantress had a turn 4 or turn 5 win.

2) vs Elves (2-0) - Not usually a good matchup and got a little lucky. Game 1 around turn 3-5 he kept playing his visionaries, however, he kept hitting nothing but lands. I was able to play my doomwake and clear the board. The one thing I am not quite sure about is what I should board in/out against elves.

SB: 1 Abrupt Decay
    2 City of Soltude
    1 Dread of Night
    1 Humility
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Peacekeeper
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Seal of Cleansing
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Suppression Fields

The Humility, Peacekeeper makes sense to me, but I am not sure if items such as suppression fields or pithing needle makes sense as many of them are many abilities. I know it blocks Wirewood Symbiote which is there engine, but also not sure what to take out.

That being said, he had to mulligan to 5 and I was able to Doomwake to clear his board very early.

3) vs Death & Taxes (2-1) - Played him before. He mentioned that he thinks that death & taxes is a poor match up for him. To me, it seems like its a race between Rishadan Port\Vial and the mana spread of enchantress, so I think its close. Game 1 I was able to spread out quickly and he could not kill me quickly as he had to swords to plowshares both doomwake giants. Helm/RIP combo one.
    Game 2 I mulligan to 6 (kept one land with ramp) and misplayed by not playing suppression field on turn 2 and his rishadan port essentially locked the mana out. It probably did not matter since he had enough to keep it tapped anyway. Game 3 I was able to develop the board. Until reading here, never thought of using City of Solitude in this matchup. Works very well since it neutralizes Rishadan Port and vialing on their own turn buys you an extra turn. I was able to develop the Helm/RIP combo for the win.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    I hadnt considered it for Enchantress, as it's basically a 3 mana FOG in most matchups, without being an enchantment so not advancing your own gameplan either. And Storm isn't likely to try and kill you with mana open without having Probed/discarded you to see the contents of your hand.

On another note, I did record another Enchantress vid last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168003762
    Oh my god, you're awesome. :) It's nice to see my pet deck in action haha. Thank you for sharing your recording.
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Hello Gozerfish, thank you for sharing your results. Eldrazi is worried because we have permanent based stuff that can simply just lock them out. But sometimes, if we have a keepable but slow start though, their clock can just beat us sometimes before we stabilize. Death and Taxes is wierd for me, sometimes its a rough match up if they slow down or cripple our mana, and sometimes, we just do our thing.

Has anybody toyed with Porphyry Nodes? Kills TNN and Leovold without them drawing a card, and is just a one mana removal that sometimes is a 2 (or more) for 1.

EDIT: Or Drop of Honey of course, but that card just costs a fortune.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

It kills your Argothian first though?

It would of course be a build without her :)

She's also not too good in a meta filled with Leovold.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

So I haven't been able to play much this year, but is there any reason we're not just jamming 3+ Enlightened Tutor and shooting people in the face? We naturally have more than enough card draw (barring an active Leovold) to make up for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigar View Post
    It would of course be a build without her :)

She's also not too good in a meta filled with Leovold.
    It also kills their Deathrite first so you're waiting a while.

Re: Teferi's Protection, i ran some number of Silence in my sideboard some years ago and it was Not Terrible™, but there's a world of difference between keeping one mana open and 3. Might be worth trying 2 or 3 slots?

I'm cool with a 2 for 1!

Aug 2007
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post

Nice game one vs Storm. Looking back, do you think that getting Doomwake Giant might have been better as Eidolon? Let the Grass go, wipe their board and ride the fattie + Mirri's Guile to victory?

Aug 2016
    Flanders

I'll have to rewatch that tonight

Still haven't had time to play in forever but adding yet another card to be kept around in the sideboard options. Though I don't know how important that second mana is when dealing with say BR reanimator.

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    Still haven't had time to play in forever but adding yet another card to be kept around in the sideboard options. Though I don't know how important that second mana is when dealing with say BR reanimator.

How is this stopping reanimator?

Quote Originally Posted by Cave View Post
    How is this stopping reanimator?
    It's not and this is what I get for looking at cards before I've had coffee.

Edit: I do stand by my thought that this is yet another hate card that seem seem to print every other set now to keep convenient in the binder.
    Last edited by simdude; 08-29-2017 at 03:29 PM.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Ill probably get a play set just to have it in my collection for when I do need it. The only thing that pops in my mind is Past in Flames, however, RIP is still better. I am just toying around and revisiting old cards. I am trying out Holistic Wisdom, in place of Replenish. Pretty sure it's a mistake, but being an enchantment is nice and the fact that I can toss cards away and keep recurring confinement if I only have 1 enchantress out.

Hopefully we get some new toys to play with.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

We have a new Banishing Light that got spoiled recently. It's 4cc, a turn slower compared to Banishing Light, but that makes it immune to Abrupt Decay. We will not have to worry about such card for the rest of the game that we exiled. I am not sure if its better than Cast Out, I do use cast out simply because I get so much value out of it with Replenish in my MD. But for those who doesn't use Replenish, perhaps this could be worthy of trying out?

Ixalan's Binding 3W
    Enchantment
    When Ixalan's Binding enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls until Ixalan's Binding leaves the battlefield.
    Your opponents can't cast spells with the same name as the exiled card.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Some questions in no particular order

-Solemnity looks neat what's people's feedback on it? Also probably niche but another synergy: Energy Storm
    -Does no one run the Ground Seal/Replenish mode now? Is everyone on the Rest in Peace wagon?
    -What's the Death and Taxes match-up like? What're people's bullets against it? I'm ignoring Moat because I don't want to buy one.
    -Any new sideboard tech come out in the past couple years?
    -So Serra's Sanctum seems better now. On the other hand it's still pretty weak in your opening hand. Do people actually like Crop Rotation with it? That's not just greedy?
    -Why are people playing Oblivion Ring like effects that aren't Oblivion Ring? What're the advantages?
    -I'm not talking about Ixalar's Binding or whatever, I can see that one.
    -Has anyone tried Blind Obedience vs. Sneak Attack(/storm)? How is it yay/nay?
    -Any cool GSZ targets for SB tech? Gaddock Teeg aaand?

-Has anyone tried sbing into some Fat Beatz with Eidolon of Countless Battles? This one is purely curiosity maybe it's terrible.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    -Solemnity looks neat what's people's feedback on it? Also probably niche but another synergy: Energy Storm
    I'm mixed on this, but a lot of people have been having luck. Glacial Chasm seems better. I haven't had much of an issue with Solitary Confinement though.

-Does no one run the Ground Seal/Replenish mode now? Is everyone on the Rest in Peace wagon?
    With the amount of combo, RiP Helm is something easy-ish to pull off.

-What's the Death and Taxes match-up like? What're people's bullets against it? I'm ignoring Moat because I don't want to buy one.
    Mixed. If you make land drops, it can be easy. If you're land light, it can be tough. Flickerwisp targeting your forest with Utopia Sprawl and Wild Growth is pretty abysmal. Replenish seems to be good in this matchup. Councils's Judgement can hit your Enchantresses or anything even with a Sterling Grove out.

I think Enchantress is still favored, but you play it differently and want to make all your land drops. Don't enchant a single forest, don't enchant non basics, if you have Sphere of Safety out, still pay for a Elephant Grass (or discard for Solitary Confinement) if your opponent could swing lethal if it disappears. They don't have much enchantment removal, so it's a matter of preventing them from attacking and building up stalling for your win con.

Doomwake Giant makes this game pretty easy if you can protect it with a Sterling Grove. Dread of Night is a good sideboard card if the meta is plagued with D&T. I like Leyline of Sanctity, but it might be over boarding. Mirran Crusader with a Sword of Fire and Ice is pretty strong. Engineered Plague is tempting but usually bad. Naming Horror stops Phyrexian Revoker (Soldier hits Thalia and Recruiter, Elemental hits Flickerwisp, Cleric hits Mom, Spirit hits Spirit of the Labyrinth). Naming Human is going to give you a bad time.

Ethersworn Canonist and Spirit of the Labyrinth make the game tougher. They can protect them from removal with Mother of Runes.

Cast Out seems pretty good. Doomwake Giant if you have black splash. Choke is old, but is really strong now, as is Carpet of Flowers (except when they have Leovold out).

-So Serra's Sanctum seems better now. On the other hand it's still pretty weak in your opening hand. Do people actually like Crop Rotation with it? That's not just greedy?
    If you're running Solemnity, I think you should run Crop Rotation. Crop Rotation into Dark Depths or Glacial Chasm is pretty strong. I don't like Crop Rotation for Serra's Sanctum.

-Why are people playing Oblivion Ring like effects that aren't Oblivion Ring? What're the advantages?
    Banishing light you can cast if your opponent has no permanents. Cast Out has flash (draw a card if Leovold is out), is 4cmc (get's around Sanctum Prelate on 3), and can be cycled.

Nay. They canctivate Sneak Attack at the end of your turn, and it untaps during their untap step. Authority of the Consuls seems okay against Elves, but you don't slow them down much.
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Quote Originally Posted by 16km View Post
    I'm mixed on this, but a lot of people have been having luck. Glacial Chasm seems better. I haven't had much of an issue with Solitary Confinement though.

I agree

With the amount of combo, RiP Helm is something easy-ish to pull off.

Also, RIP shuts down other decks besides, blanks Deathrite Shaman, Knights of the Reliquary, Loaming Lands, Tarmigoyf for people who play it

Some unusual sideboard tactic for lands and death and taxes is City of Solitude. This blanks rishadan port and flickerwisp or aether vial tend to be much worse when you can't flash it in. Tried to Also, suppression fields make D&T more difficult
    Mixed. If you make land drops, it can be easy. If you're land light, it can be tough. Flickerwisp targeting your forest with Utopia Sprawl and Wild Growth is pretty abysmal. Replenish seems to be good in this matchup. Councils's Judgement can hit your Enchantresses or anything even with a Sterling Grove out.

I think Enchantress is still favored, but you play it differently and want to make all your land drops. Don't enchant a single forest, don't enchant non basics, if you have Sphere of Safety out, still pay for a Elephant Grass (or discard for Solitary Confinement) if your opponent could swing lethal if it disappears. They don't have much enchantment removal, so it's a matter of preventing them from attacking and building up stalling for your win con.

Doomwake Giant makes this game pretty easy if you can protect it with a Sterling Grove. Dread of Night is a good sideboard card if the meta is plagued with D&T. I like Leyline of Sanctity, but it might be over boarding. Mirran Crusader with a Sword of Fire and Ice is pretty strong. Engineered Plague is tempting but usually bad. Naming Horror stops Phyrexian Revoker (Soldier hits Thalia and Recruiter, Elemental hits Flickerwisp, Cleric hits Mom, Spirit hits Spirit of the Labyrinth). Naming Human is going to give you a bad time.

Ethersworn Canonist and Spirit of the Labyrinth make the game tougher. They can protect them from removal with Mother of Runes.

Cast Out seems pretty good. Doomwake Giant if you have black splash. Choke is old, but is really strong now, as is Carpet of Flowers (except when they have Leovold out).

If you're running Solemnity, I think you should run Crop Rotation. Crop Rotation into Dark Depths or Glacial Chasm is pretty strong. I don't like Crop Rotation for Serra's Sanctum.

Banishing light you can cast if your opponent has no permanents. Cast Out has flash (draw a card if Leovold is out), is 4cmc (get's around Sanctum Prelate on 3), and can be cycled.

Nay. They canctivate Sneak Attack at the end of your turn, and it untaps during their untap step. Authority of the Consuls seems okay against Elves, but you don't slow them down much.
    Some questions in no particular order

-I'm not talking about Ixalar's Binding or whatever, I can see that one.
    -Any cool GSZ targets for SB tech? Gaddock Teeg aaand?

-Has anyone tried sbing into some Fat Beatz with Eidolon of Countless Battles? This one is purely curiosity maybe it's terrible.

Thread Information