Page 265 of 282 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Against Sneak and Show I've had my best success with some combination of Gaddock Teeg, Suppression Field, and Choke. Really you want to turn off Sneak Attack ASAP since that can actually kill you. There's not much that can be done about an early Show and Tell, but once you draw into something nasty it doesn't matter. Emmy-chan's mere existence is sometimes enough to scare them off of that plan entirely.

The only games I've won against Reanimator involved an incredibly lucky Swords to Plowshares. Given how much protection they run combined with a hilariously deadly threat our best bet might be a turn 0 Leyline or breaking protocol and running Faerie Macabre.

I haven't played against Elves in actual years, but sup field, grass and Humility do work if you don't just die. If you have Enlightened Tutor you can also jam a Cursed Totem down their throat. I used to race them with Helm, so Doomwake shouldn't be impossible to field.
    God I love Suppression Field. If only it made deckbuilding a little less miserable.

GSZ for Melira is good against infect in theory, but Grass and Confinement aren't terrible. For the land game Blood Moon is decent if you live long enough. If all else fails we can just jam Nevermore and see if it gets there, it's probably terrible but I have managed to stand a few Berserks and Invigorates with it.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    It should be noted that Song of the Dryads works well against Omnitell as well. If Song is "showed in" there is no instance while your aura is attaching to Omniscience that the Omnti player could respond to with say a Trickbind for free.

Could also, attach to a Emrakul if showed in as well, but couldn't be cast and attached since it targets on cast.
    Are you sure that you can show in an aura and have it enchant whatever the opponent shows in? I'm no judge, but I was under the impression that it didn't work like we wanted it to since the creature is not on the battlefield at the time we need to pick targets for the aura.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

After some initial searching I think The_Dingo is right.

Another anti-Infect card, but very narrow it seems to me:

Dense Foliage

slightly less narrow in the sense that it cycles:

Shielding Plax
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Sneak and Show
    Reanimator
    Elves
    Hey Spatula, against those 3 decks you mentioned, have you considered
    Hallowed Moonlight The card replaces itself.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    Are you sure that you can show in an aura and have it enchant whatever the opponent shows in? I'm no judge, but I was under the impression that it didn't work like we wanted it to since the creature is not on the battlefield at the time we need to pick targets for the aura.
    The_Dingo, I stand corrected. You are right. Since the Aura and the other permanent that is placed onto the battlefield at the same time. At that time the Aura does not see the other permanent at that time, and therefore cannot attach to the other "showed" permanent.

Given that interaction, Song of the Dryads is not playable in Enchantress IMHO.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but did anyone else see the CFB article about Enchantress? https://www.channelfireball.com/vide...y-enchantress/

It reminds me of the list Freggle posted quite some time ago. Were you the pilot of this 5-0 list?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but did anyone else see the CFB article about Enchantress? https://www.channelfireball.com/vide...y-enchantress/

It reminds me of the list Freggle posted quite some time ago. Were you the pilot of this 5-0 list?
    Hey, simidude! Thanks for the nod, but lets give credit where credit is due Fjaulnir here on the Source is the one who has developed the deck, and piloted it to a 5-0 in a league! You can read more about his journey here in the N&D thread.

The video you linked is quite comical to watch as Mengucci doe not appear to know how the combo works, or know proper Enchantress sequencing but the spotlight on any version of the archetype is nice.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

To be fair I'd never have played & worked on that list if Freggle hadn't built the foundation, so I still consider you to be the original creator all I did was add black and play around with some flex slots.

Anyway, yeah Mengucci never figured out the combo, or even any other form of sequencing like Freggle mentioned (and boards out the combo a lot because he thinks Parallax only is there Fog 4-5x); his final score was the same as Jeff Hoogland who also played it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Fj--5kidc
    but at least Jeff understands what's going on and makes like at least 80% of the plays/sequences I would have (which is not bad for someone who never touched any enchantress variant afaik) so he seems to have a better natural feeling for the deck.

At least both immediately feel the Lotus Petals are subpar, which is a conclusion I also drew right after making that 5-0 finish so they had the same gut feeling. List has had a bunch of updates after that but unfortunately that's the only one that got published so everyone in the world seems to consider that to be the "ultimate/finished" decklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    To be fair I'd never have played & worked on that list if Freggle hadn't built the foundation, so I still consider you to be the original creator all I did was add black and play around with some flex slots.

Anyway, yeah Mengucci never figured out the combo, or even any other form of sequencing like Freggle mentioned (and boards out the combo a lot because he thinks Parallax only is there Fog 4-5x); his final score was the same as Jeff Hoogland who also played it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Fj--5kidc
    but at least Jeff understands what's going on and makes like at least 80% of the plays/sequences I would have (which is not bad for someone who never touched any enchantress variant afaik) so he seems to have a better natural feeling for the deck.

At least both immediately feel the Lotus Petals are subpar, which is a conclusion I also drew right after making that 5-0 finish so they had the same gut feeling. List has had a bunch of updates after that but unfortunately that's the only one that got published so everyone in the world seems to consider that to be the "ultimate/finished" decklist.
    Well I hope you post an updated list and thoughts sometime! I'm looking to play a lot more legacy in Jan-Mar and would love to get some reps down with an alternative Enchantress build. I'm still playing the fairly standard one.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

My updated lists are in the topic Freggle linked to 2-3 posts ago :)

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I've been running the following GW list with a ton of success. No spicy tech - and only a single win-con in emrakul. I feel that once you've landed an enchantress effect and a lock piece it's usually a done deal and so there's no need to be running RIP/Helm combo, GSZ beaters, or even Doomwake Giant which IMO is win-more.

The Karakas in the sideboard are mainly for Leovold but I've snagged a game or two returning a S&T emrakul. I haven't lost a game against B/R reanimator - not sure why everyone is having trouble when elephant grass stops all their guys from attacking.

I'm debating whether to buy this in paper, or UG Enchantress w/ cloud of faeries and seal of removals, although I'm pretty sure this list is the most consistent version I've ever played....

7 Creature
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

29 Enchantment
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Solitary Confinement
    4 Elephant Grass
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Banishing Light
    2 Exploration

20 Land
    4 Windswept Heath
    5 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Savannah

4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

15 Sideboard
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 City of Solitude
    2 Choke
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Karakas

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    I've been running the following GW list with a ton of success. No spicy tech - and only a single win-con in emrakul. I feel that once you've landed an enchantress effect and a lock piece it's usually a done deal and so there's no need to be running RIP/Helm combo, GSZ beaters, or even Doomwake Giant which IMO is win-more.

The Karakas in the sideboard are mainly for Leovold but I've snagged a game or two returning a S&T emrakul. I haven't lost a game against B/R reanimator - not sure why everyone is having trouble when elephant grass stops all their guys from attacking.

I'm debating whether to buy this in paper, or UG Enchantress w/ cloud of faeries and seal of removals, although I'm pretty sure this list is the most consistent version I've ever played....

7 Creature
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

29 Enchantment
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Solitary Confinement
    4 Elephant Grass
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Banishing Light
    2 Exploration

20 Land
    4 Windswept Heath
    5 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Savannah

4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

15 Sideboard
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 City of Solitude
    2 Choke
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Karakas
    Not surprised this is working well for you, there are many games that I board out the RIP / Helm combo in GW Helm. How is your Show and Tell MU? Seems weak with the minimal o-ring effects. Is there some tech that I'm missing?

for BR Reanimator how do you beat the T1 or early Sire of Insanity? ...Hope for good top decks?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

B/R Reanimator:

1. You only run 4x Elephant Grass.
    2. If they're on the play, Elephant Grass is not especially likely to come down before a big guy.
    3. If they see that you're running Enchantress, they should get either Tidespout Tyrant or Iona, Shield of Emeria, neither of which is affected much by Grass and both of which are very good against you.
    4. Even if you stop a Griselbrand with Grass, they'll likely be able to set up either of the above.
    5. What he said re: Sire
    6. Everything about Chancellor of the Annex

If you don't need to worry about DnT, Elves, Infect or Leovold then Doomwake Giant might not be as good in the meta. But generally speaking the opponent will do everything possible to make sure that you don't get an Enchantress to stick, or they may have some other hate piece that shuts down the engine. Those are situations where Doomwake really shines. I certainly wouldn't consider it win-more, though again, in some metas it might be more of a SB card.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

So at what point do we try jamming in 3-4 Deathrite Shaman and see what happens? I feel like 8 pieces of ramp on turn 1 just isn't enough and have never truly been satisfied with Exploration or Dryad Arbor. All three abilities get more attractive as we rely on Doomwake Giant and there's something to be said for good graveyard hate that can be played turn 1.

EDIT: doesn't fit in a Helm or Suppression Field build of course, but I'm starting to believe that we can nix those entirely and just turn things sideways like God intended.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    So at what point do we try jamming in 3-4 Deathrite Shaman and see what happens? I feel like 8 pieces of ramp on turn 1 just isn't enough and have never truly been satisfied with Exploration or Dryad Arbor. All three abilities get more attractive as we rely on Doomwake Giant and there's something to be said for good graveyard hate that can be played turn 1.

EDIT: doesn't fit in a Helm or Suppression Field build of course, but I'm starting to believe that we can nix those entirely and just turn things sideways like God intended.
    Try Eladamri's vineyard sometime. Obviously it's very double edged, but it makes for some very memorable games, and most decks won't be able to use the mana nearly as well as we do. Vineyard hands often goldfished a turn 4 emrakul, and I've even cast a few turn 3 emrakuls, most recently in a match vs grixis delver.

May 2015
    Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    B/R Reanimator:

1. You only run 4x Elephant Grass.
    2. If they're on the play, Elephant Grass is not especially likely to come down before a big guy.
    3. If they see that you're running Enchantress, they should get either Tidespout Tyrant or Iona, Shield of Emeria, neither of which is affected much by Grass and both of which are very good against you.
    4. Even if you stop a Griselbrand with Grass, they'll likely be able to set up either of the above.
    5. What he said re: Sire
    6. Everything about Chancellor of the Annex

If you don't need to worry about DnT, Elves, Infect or Leovold then Doomwake Giant might not be as good in the meta. But generally speaking the opponent will do everything possible to make sure that you don't get an Enchantress to stick, or they may have some other hate piece that shuts down the engine. Those are situations where Doomwake really shines. I certainly wouldn't consider it win-more, though again, in some metas it might be more of a SB card.
    I don't worry about god hands from these cheesy all in decks because they're so inconsistent. Look at every single deck to beat - they're equally as dead to a turn 1 chancellor and reanimation spell. Similarly for belcher and oops all spells.

Doomwake giant can be bonkers as I've seen, but if you're making that much mana you're most likely already drawing all the cards or behind a lock piece. Otherwise he's a dead draw in your opener. Sometimes you may not have black mana and sometimes he's just a 5 mana 4/6 with no text.

Also, one of the best things about enchantress is that your opponents removal spells have no targets and doomwake gives them one.

Spoiler season means I start over-thinking every single card. Ignoring the fact that there aren't any obvious shells for these cards (to me at least) are these effects we would care about or want? My gut says no.

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    Spoiler season means I start over-thinking every single card. Ignoring the fact that there aren't any obvious shells for these cards (to me at least) are these effects we would care about or want? My gut says no.
    Induced Amnesia is a reminiscence of Attunement. But with prevalence of Replenish-less decks it does not look like Induced Amnesia is a strong inclusion into the deck. If you have enough cards in your hand it means that your engine is online. And if you have only a few cards in your hand you are surviving and 3CMC Induced Amnesia most likely will not help. Also you can also target your opponent, but why would you do this?

And what are your thoughts?
    ---
    Carpe Diem

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

If we had something good to sacrifice enchantments to, it would be a lot more viable I think, especially against Combo.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

So, what about this one?

https://twitter.com/EliShffrn/status/948964062074818561

On the one hand it's not as powerful as Blood Moon - it screws with their fetches, but not with their duals already in play. So it seems merely a SB card vs Death n Taxes and Lands/Dark Depths at best.
    On the other hand, it leaves Serra's Sanctum intact...

Thread Information