Page 268 of 282 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen884 View Post
    -snip-
    Hello Raizen, din't really find the card all that threatening really. Our enchanted lands still works fine, and sure our serra's sanctum does take a hit, but for others, like me, its pretty much there to just power out emrakul. I don't like stuff that prevents me from drawing though, if i can't play as much spells, that's fine, as long as i can draw a couple to keep confinement alive

Also, I wanted to ask, though perhaps I should as at a rules thread, but since its for enchantress, perhaps you guys can help me out. If my opponent has leovold, and I have sylvan library i understand he pretty much shut off any card draw from the library, but... the trigger's still go on the stack correct? I just can't draw? So would I still be able to replace those triggers, if say... I have Words of War on the table, so I can nuke that guy?

Thanks fellow enchantress people.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Yes, but only if you do the first one in upkeep because you need to replace every single draw (also your regular draw step) - as soon as you've drawn 1 card WoW can't replace anything anymore due to Leo

Oh hey Fjaulnir they showed your 5-0 list during the GP Seattle coverage! Still need to try it out myself.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Yeah I found it funny that I also tuned in exactly then :-)

Still not sold on the 4th zenith/dryad arbor (currently back on 3 zenith and maindeck ground seal, +1 basic forest and maybe switching Karakas for 4th Sanctum), and the Grixis Delver matchup needs a bit more work. But overall I like that list :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    Yeah I found it funny that I also tuned in exactly then :-)

Still not sold on the 4th zenith/dryad arbor (currently back on 3 zenith and maindeck ground seal, +1 basic forest and maybe switching Karakas for 4th Sanctum), and the Grixis Delver matchup needs a bit more work. But overall I like that list :-)
    I tried with the Dryad Arbor and didn't feel the stopping the edict was necessary as we have redundancy built in and certainly don't really need the ramp.
    Green Sun Zenith I find tends to be pretty weak late game especially if you don't play a lot of alternate green besides Argothian main board.

I have tended to like Leyline of Sanctity Mainboard against Grixis, not so much for the burn, but to protect the hand against disruption. If they strip out the initial part of the engine, it is pretty hard to recover.

I also heard that there was an Enchantress deck which made Day 2 so I was curious what their list was.

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

I've wondered if there is any way for us to go creatureless with Bant Colors utilizing Enchantress' Presence and something like Mystic Remora alongside Solemnity but I'm not sure if this would be too radical.

My thinking is that Humility would be a great main board piece to run alongside myth realized as alternate win cons to Dark Depths combo?

I'm wanting to really pick up enchantress and give it a shot but I'm very hesitant to buy into the deck in a Leovold world.

EDIT: Perhaps with additional focus of blue enchantments for force of will... Stasis, Propaganda, etc
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Once you go Legacy...

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    I tried with the Dryad Arbor and didn't feel the stopping the edict was necessary as we have redundancy built in and certainly don't really need the ramp.
    Green Sun Zenith I find tends to be pretty weak late game especially if you don't play a lot of alternate green besides Argothian main board.

I have tended to like Leyline of Sanctity Mainboard against Grixis, not so much for the burn, but to protect the hand against disruption. If they strip out the initial part of the engine, it is pretty hard to recover.

I also heard that there was an Enchantress deck which made Day 2 so I was curious what their list was.
    Cool, would love to know!
    Let us know if you find out the list or the player.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    I've wondered if there is any way for us to go creatureless with Bant Colors utilizing Enchantress' Presence and something like Mystic Remora alongside Solemnity but I'm not sure if this would be too radical.

My thinking is that Humility would be a great main board piece to run alongside myth realized as alternate win cons to Dark Depths combo?

I'm wanting to really pick up enchantress and give it a shot but I'm very hesitant to buy into the deck in a Leovold world.

EDIT: Perhaps with additional focus of blue enchantments for force of will... Stasis, Propaganda, etc
    It's Enchantress. Feel free to be radical.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

In 2016 I was toying around with something like this:

2 Sacred Mesa
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Humility
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Savannah
    3 Wooded Foothills
    6 Forest
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Replenish
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Banishing Light
    1 Solitary Confinement
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Sphere of Safety
    1 Karakas
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 unknown?
    1 land?
    3 Leyline of Sanctity

I did really well with it in the beginning, think I 4-1ed my first league with it on MTGO. Only lost due to not playing my turn 12 or so Replenish around a Daze anymore, and then not having any more wincons in my deck vs his Lilianas/Decays having taken out my Argothians and Mesas. So I decked myself before him (maybe should have kept playing hoping he'd never draw FOWs for my Zenith reshuffles, but that seemed like a waste of time). I think I crushed Shawn Yu 3 times in as many leagues with it
    I had not yet added Emrakul back then, that's why I added him just for the shuffle or backup wincon.

The 1 unknown land and other card was because the only list I can find back was with red splash for SB Blood moon and a maindeck Faithless Looting but that card was just too bad and I don't remember what was in that slot originally.

I'd start again with this list if Earthcraft ever becomes unbanned! Maindeck Humility and Sacred Mesa seem better than Squirrel Nest as they do more by themselves than Squirrel does without Earthcraft.

I also didn't mind playing some number of Argothians despite the maindeck Humility. They draw some cards early game, and afterwards they're 1/1 blockers for their 1/1s. Didn't go all the way up to 3-4 Zeniths though.

Hey guys, been a while since I last posted on The Source and this thread in general. Went to Seattle last weekend to play in the event and move my lands deck cuz I could use the money (RIP). Got a great deal on my Tabernacle and decided to make a more traditional list similar to what I had before I moved off Enchantress and ended up going 5-0-1 in side events with it (had one ID, one no show after winning and getting paired down). List is as follows, I'll go over some of my choices and try to reconstruct my matches from memory

Lands (19)
    7 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    4 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Karakas
    1 Dryad Arbor

Creatures (6)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

Instants & Sorceries (5)
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Enlightened Tutor

Artifacts (1)
    1 Helm of Obedience

Enchantments (29)
    2 Suppression Field
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Cast Out (was 1 cast out, 1 banishing light in the first event)
    4 Wild Growth
    2 Stirling Grove
    3 Solitary Confinement

Sideboard (mostly thrown together from stuff I had and thought might still be good choices)
    2 Leyline of the Void
    2 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Stony Silence
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Choke
    1 Reclamation Sage

Since the last time I played enchantress was when miracles was still top dog, I was skeptical about putting my prior 3 suppression fields into the deck, but 2 still did some work. Blanking DRS, matching fetches awkward, slowing down Lands, eating a force from my UW stoneblade opponent
    Finally tried out Savannah after being a long-time opponent of it in enchantress since I had one. It was fine, don't think I ever had to enchant it in a pinch, think it was only ever wastelanded once for value before field resolved
    Mirri's Guile and E-Tutor were sort of my last 3 cards, I wasn't quite sure what else to put in. E-Tutor is nice with cast out for a cheap way to draw what you tutored
    4 Grass because I expected Delver (didn't see it in the side events)

Event 1
    R1: 4 Color Leo
    G1 We both sit around, he doesn't find Leovald and takes an emrakul hit to the face
    G2 he hymns emrakul and surgicals it, sees I only have helm left, and needles it. I cycle through to find cast out (boarded out banishing light cuz abrupt decay), manage to land it and helm him with double RIP in the same turn, opponent shows me the decay he was holding

R2: Pair down no show
    EZ GG

R3: UW Stoneblade
    I offer a draw because it's about 10 pm, he accepts and later decides he wants to play it out
    G1 he had a fast start, but I manage to time walk him a couple times with solitary and eventually cobble together rip-helm
    G2 he's a bit slower out of the gate and i emrakul him back to back

Event 2
    R1: 12 Post
    G1 he does his thing and I lose
    G2 he plays show and tell and I put emrakul down. GG
    G3 he has a really slow start and I helm him. Turns out he doesn't play force

R2: Lands
    G1 I miss on any relevant action and he hits me with a 20/20. We both know how lucky he is and joke about it
    G2 and G3 my deck works like a well-oiled machine and he just sits there and loses

R3: Sneak and Show
    Really happy to get the ID, the prizes for 2-0-1 were really tempting for my opponent

Really glad to have this deck back, I missed playing it

Quote Originally Posted by U_mage View Post
    Hey guys, been a while since I last posted on The Source and this thread in general. Went to Seattle last weekend to play in the event and move my lands deck cuz I could use the money (RIP). Got a great deal on my Tabernacle and decided to make a more traditional list similar to what I had before I moved off Enchantress and ended up going 5-0-1 in side events with it (had one ID, one no show after winning and getting paired down). List is as follows, I'll go over some of my choices and try to reconstruct my matches from memory

Lands (19)
    7 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    4 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Karakas
    1 Dryad Arbor

Creatures (6)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

Instants & Sorceries (5)
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Enlightened Tutor

Artifacts (1)
    1 Helm of Obedience

Enchantments (29)
    2 Suppression Field
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    2 Cast Out (was 1 cast out, 1 banishing light in the first event)
    4 Wild Growth
    2 Stirling Grove
    3 Solitary Confinement

Sideboard (mostly thrown together from stuff I had and thought might still be good choices)
    2 Leyline of the Void
    2 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Stony Silence
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Choke
    1 Reclamation Sage

Since the last time I played enchantress was when miracles was still top dog, I was skeptical about putting my prior 3 suppression fields into the deck, but 2 still did some work. Blanking DRS, matching fetches awkward, slowing down Lands, eating a force from my UW stoneblade opponent
    Finally tried out Savannah after being a long-time opponent of it in enchantress since I had one. It was fine, don't think I ever had to enchant it in a pinch, think it was only ever wastelanded once for value before field resolved
    Mirri's Guile and E-Tutor were sort of my last 3 cards, I wasn't quite sure what else to put in. E-Tutor is nice with cast out for a cheap way to draw what you tutored
    4 Grass because I expected Delver (didn't see it in the side events)

Event 1
    R1: 4 Color Leo
    G1 We both sit around, he doesn't find Leovald and takes an emrakul hit to the face
    G2 he hymns emrakul and surgicals it, sees I only have helm left, and needles it. I cycle through to find cast out (boarded out banishing light cuz abrupt decay), manage to land it and helm him with double RIP in the same turn, opponent shows me the decay he was holding

R2: Pair down no show
    EZ GG

R3: UW Stoneblade
    I offer a draw because it's about 10 pm, he accepts and later decides he wants to play it out
    G1 he had a fast start, but I manage to time walk him a couple times with solitary and eventually cobble together rip-helm
    G2 he's a bit slower out of the gate and i emrakul him back to back

Event 2
    R1: 12 Post
    G1 he does his thing and I lose
    G2 he plays show and tell and I put emrakul down. GG
    G3 he has a really slow start and I helm him. Turns out he doesn't play force

R2: Lands
    G1 I miss on any relevant action and he hits me with a 20/20. We both know how lucky he is and joke about it
    G2 and G3 my deck works like a well-oiled machine and he just sits there and loses

R3: Sneak and Show
    Really happy to get the ID, the prizes for 2-0-1 were really tempting for my opponent

Really glad to have this deck back, I missed playing it

Welcome back to the cult favorite.

Actually trying to build in modern although don’t think will work, but I am using myth realized.

Has anyone tried to get a Discord server going for enchantress?

Has anyone tried to get a Discord server going for enchantress?
    I was trying, since I am really devoted in improving the list according to today's metagame, but there weren't many people to call to the channel... xD

If you do want to start one, https://discord.gg/YP5Nsxc

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen884 View Post
    If you do want to start one, https://discord.gg/YP5Nsxc
    Invite expired

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

I'm on steam a lot if anyone has it, I can discuss enchantress ideas with whoever is interested.

My last week's FNM did not fire as we only have 6 people, and just played together anyways. Beat 4 color leovold, some stoneblade variant, but lost versus death and taxes. I am currently on Solemnity but without wish, but using it for elephant grass and phyrexian unlife. The cons of unlife is that you just auto lose once it gets removed, but I feel the same can be said to confinement. It also prevents death from deathrite shaman, and tendrils, and there's an aluren player in my area as well. Solemnity is nice too versus vial, and other decks it happens to affect. Leovold is still an issue but having a soft lock without relying on our engine is pretty nice, as leovold doesn't entirely shut off our defense.

Constantly tweaking though, usually bad ideas, lol, like one time I was trying t build the deck to accomodate Possessed Centaur lol.

Well, FNM tomorrow, hopefully our legacy FNM fires, we're not as blessed as other places that have a lot of legacy players :(
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Could you share your list? I've been toying around with a Living Wish version running the Dark Depths kill with Solemnity.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Invite expired
    Oops sorry wrong invite, its this one
    https://discord.gg/Cj7SD9Y

Right now there isn't anyone there hahah, but if people are wanting to discuss more actively maybe it can become a thing :P.

I am building one around Suppression Field, having quite a success with it actually, the base is the 4 suppression 12 enchantress(4 GSZ, 4 argothian, 4 presence), 14 forest, the 14 white mana sources are from 4x chrome mox, 4x Serra, 4x Utopia and 2x Abundant Growth and no fetches, the rest I'm still testing it out xD.

Thread Information