Page 274 of 282 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Estrid's invocation seems huge to me (I am currently testing it as a 1-of)
    The 2 others, not at all. The PW is really too slow to be effective. For faster starts, you have Candelabra (or even Garruk). To protect our board, we have Sterling Grove.
    The other enchantment is a nonbo with Elephant Grass.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

GWB Enchantress made day 2 of Grand Prix Richmond, and was in featured match earlier.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

List available yet?
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    List available yet?
    Hopefully the pilot can provide a tournament report and maybe a decklist, the pilot is named Alix Hatfieldm it was matched up against 12-post.
    There was possibility of comb back even if being at 0 cards in library left, but he didnt have solitary confinement, I think based on what I saw on stream, he may be on 2 solitary count, 2 doom wakes, non-emrakul, 1 sigil of empty throne, non-wish, and 1 replenish, build.

That's just a very wild guess based on seeing game 2.

EDIT:

Seems like we have a new toy to play with, theres a new Banishing Light effect thats 4 mana enchantment, but has convoke, called Conclave Tribunal.
    We're not exactly creature heavy, but as we tend to have argothians out, or for people that runs dryad arbor, it can be 3 mana or less, that can't be decayed.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Hello, this is Alix Hatfield, the guy playing Enchantress on stream for two rounds at GP Richmond. I lost a game due to being late , then punted a game in horrible fashion by forgetting about the protections from decking that are built into the deck (GSZ and Confinement), but despite my performance under the camera, the deck was great all weekend.

My brother Jesse played the exact same 75, but didn't quite make Day 2. Here's the list:

//12
    4 argothian enchantress
    4 enchantress' presence
    3 green suns zenith
    1 enlightened tutor

//19
    4 elephant grass
    3 mirri's guile
    2 sterling grove
    2 solitary confinement
    1 sphere of safety
    1 oblivion ring
    2 sigil of the empty throne
    2 doomwake giant
    2 replenish

//9
    4 utopia sprawl
    4 wild growth
    1 carpet of flowers

//20
    4 serra's sanctum
    4 windswept heath
    2 wooded foothills
    2 misty rainforest
    1 savannah
    2 bayou
    4 forest
    1 plains

//sideboard
    3 leyline of sanctity
    2 leyline of the void
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 carpet of flowers
    2 choke
    2 dread of night
    1 doomwake giant
    1 enlightened tutor
    1 runed halo
    1 seal of cleansing

The build is designed to be pretty straightforward and to maximize the quality of your draws when you don't have the draw engine online. This is a ramp deck with a combo finish, but you can actually slog through a lot of games with Doomwakes and Sigils without ever sticking an Enchantress effect.

We did conclude after this weekend that we miss having a way to win outside the combat step (like Words of War), if only because winning with tokens against Lands is irritating and because enough opponents tried to counter/surgical our win conditions that it feels precarious to rely on the current set-up.

Elephant Grass being so good right now is the reason we started considering Enchantress for this tournament. The Shadow matchup feels more favorable than Delver matchups have been in the past, even though they have a faster clock. Most games end up with them disrupting your engine early, but as long as you can stay alive while developing your mana you can eventually resolve something dumb and either "go off" or just Sigil them to death.

Anyway, GP Richmond was a blast, and it was great to see some of the old Source crew still slinging cardboard.

Questions and suggestions welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    Hello, this is Alix Hatfield, the guy playing Enchantress on stream for two rounds at GP Richmond. I lost a game due to being late , then punted a game in horrible fashion by forgetting about the protections from decking that are built into the deck (GSZ and Confinement), but despite my performance under the camera, the deck was great all weekend.

My brother Jesse played the exact same 75, but didn't quite make Day 2. Here's the list:

//12
    4 argothian enchantress
    4 enchantress' presence
    3 green suns zenith
    1 enlightened tutor

//19
    4 elephant grass
    3 mirri's guile
    2 sterling grove
    2 solitary confinement
    1 sphere of safety
    1 oblivion ring
    2 doomwake giant
    2 replenish

//9
    4 utopia sprawl
    4 wild growth
    1 carpet of flowers

//20
    4 serra's sanctum
    4 windswept heath
    2 wooded foothills
    2 misty rainforest
    1 savannah
    2 bayou
    4 forest
    1 plains

//sideboard
    3 leyline of sanctity
    2 leyline of the void
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 carpet of flowers
    2 choke
    2 dread of night
    1 doomwake giant
    1 enlightened tutor
    1 runed halo
    1 seal of cleansing

The build is designed to be pretty straightforward and to maximize the quality of your draws when you don't have the draw engine online. This is a ramp deck with a combo finish, but you can actually slog through a lot of games with Doomwakes and Sigils without ever sticking an Enchantress effect.

We did conclude after this weekend that we miss having a way to win outside the combat step (like Words of War), if only because winning with tokens against Lands is irritating and because enough opponents tried to counter/surgical our win conditions that it feels precarious to rely on the current set-up.

Elephant Grass being so good right now is the reason we started considering Enchantress for this tournament. The Shadow matchup feels more favorable than Delver matchups have been in the past, even though they have a faster clock. Most games end up with them disrupting your engine early, but as long as you can stay alive while developing your mana you can eventually resolve something dumb and either "go off" or just Sigil them to death.

Anyway, GP Richmond was a blast, and it was great to see some of the old Source crew still slinging cardboard.

I play a similar build but with no replenish and RIP/helm combo for some more diversified threats. Had carpet in, but when Leovold a thing needed to be taken out. A couple of questions,

1) how do you get around ensnaring bridge with only 1 oring effects?
    2) playing replenish, why no eidolon of blossom?
    3) tried rune halo but tends to come down too late.
    4) if only two leyline of the void, may want to use faerie macabre instead
    5) I tend to like a 2nd oring effect not decayable. Not sure which is better cast out or I Alan’s bindings, but I tend to prefer binding.
    6) I play engineered plague so helps against elves not just white cards.
    7) with no emrakul, if they counter/surgical wincons then what.

My big toy is peacekeeper but it doesn’t really work with your build. However, worship may not be bad.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Hey man congrats.

How was Sphere of Safety? It seems kind of okay against SnS but am otherwise not sold. Also why Runed Halo over Nevermore? They seem realistically just as castable but Nevermore has applications versus All is Dust and Engineered Explosives. Also have you guys tried Invocation yet I'm not even kidding it's SICK.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Hey man congrats.

How was Sphere of Safety? It seems kind of okay against SnS but am otherwise not sold. Also why Runed Halo over Nevermore? They seem realistically just as castable but Nevermore has applications versus All is Dust and Engineered Explosives. Also have you guys tried Invocation yet I'm not even kidding it's SICK.
    Sphere is great. Against many decks it can effectively be a confinement that doesn't need a discard clause. It's great because it's a moat that stops fliers too
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

\

Hello Alix, Its was good to see Enchantress on camera. Longtime Enchantress player here.

A few questions:

1. Excluding lands, Argothian, GSZ, Enlightened, and Replenish your deck is all Enchantments (50%), and most notably all of your win cons are Enchantments. Given this did you ever test Kruphix's Insight over Green Sun's Zenith since you are not using GSZ for any other purpose other than Argothian?

Given the rise of Grixis I would think refilling your hand sans Enchantress effect would be attractive, and would give you more out's to an uncontested Leovold, or the alike since it's is not a "draw" effect. In addition, in the right situation should you be able to determine that "the coast was clear" you could opt not to place the cards in hand and Replenish them to play.

2. Can you talk about the inclusion of Enlightened Tutor over a 3rd Sterling Grove or a 4th Green Sun's Zenith?

More specifically, can you talk about it's ability vs. the card disadvantage and if it had any relevance on your run. Additionally, if you were inclined to play Kruphix's Insight would you cut it for a 4th Insight?

3. Did you consider Ground Seal?

It could be a decent way to avoid the Surgical situation you described, and cycles on it's own to boot. ...there is also Holistic Wisdom if you wanted to experiment with some tech. (this could also increase your Enchantment density should you give this a slot over a Replenish

4. "This is a ramp deck with a combo finish" ...we miss having a way to win outside the combat step (like Words of War)" Is there a combo finish? Would you consider Grim Guardian as your attack alternative, or is it too slow?

This would give you on-color non-targeted reach, and threat diversity.

5. What is the combo plan? ...avoid it?

I have a few more Q's but I will table them for now.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate you coming on here to discuss.

//12
    4 argothian enchantress
    4 enchantress' presence
    3 green suns zenith
    1 enlightened tutor

//19
    4 elephant grass
    3 mirri's guile
    2 sterling grove
    2 solitary confinement
    1 sphere of safety
    1 oblivion ring
    2 doomwake giant
    2 replenish

//9
    4 utopia sprawl
    4 wild growth
    1 carpet of flowers

//20
    4 serra's sanctum
    4 windswept heath
    2 wooded foothills
    2 misty rainforest
    1 savannah
    2 bayou
    4 forest
    1 plains

//sideboard
    3 leyline of sanctity
    2 leyline of the void
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 carpet of flowers
    2 choke
    2 dread of night
    1 doomwake giant
    1 enlightened tutor
    1 runed halo
    1 seal of cleansing

Congrats!

What is the plan against Sneak and Show? Just hope you don't get paired against it?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by cab0747 View Post
    Congrats!

What is the plan against Sneak and Show? Just hope you don't get paired against it?
    That or have a banishing light and pray it's enough. It's a tough match-up for sure. Omni makes it even worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    I play a similar build but with no replenish and RIP/helm combo for some more diversified threats. Had carpet in, but when Leovold a thing needed to be taken out. A couple of questions,

1) how do you get around ensnaring bridge with only 1 oring effects?
    2) playing replenish, why no eidolon of blossom?
    3) tried rune halo but tends to come down too late.
    4) if only two leyline of the void, may want to use faerie macabre instead
    5) I tend to like a 2nd oring effect not decayable. Not sure which is better cast out or I Alan’s bindings, but I tend to prefer binding.
    6) I play engineered plague so helps against elves not just white cards.
    7) with no emrakul, if they counter/surgical wincons then what.

My big toy is peacekeeper but it doesn’t really work with your build. However, worship may not be bad.
    RIP/Helm is certainly solid, and we have played it before. It's fantastic in metagames where having multiple maindeck RIPs is really useful in its own right, but we don't think the format is shaping up that way right now.

Carpet's interaction with Leovold is hilarious, which I found out the hard way in GP Louisville. Thankfully, the death of Deathrite has made Leovold much less common.

To address your questions:

1) Ensnaring Bridge is annoying, but it doesn't affect your engine. If they only have one copy you can find the O-Ring easily enough. Post-board, adding the Seal improves things a bunch. We leave the Replenishes in against Moon Stompy, anyway, to bring mana enchantments into play through Chalice, but being able to rebuy Seal ensures that there are enough ways to clear out Bridges in long games.

2) We really don't care for Eidolon of Blossoms at all. It costs a bunch and doesn't protect itself, so is generally much worse than Argothian. The ability to draw a bunch of cards off of Replenish is almost always win-more, so that doesn't play much into it.

3) Runed Halo is a weak card, which we run mostly as a 2-drop to Tutor up against Storm. It's best other use is to name Insectile Aberration, which pairs with Elephant Grass to form a sort of lock against Shadow.

4) Leyline of the Void is the best graveyard hate we have access to because it's online on turn 0, and because of its interaction with Sanctum. We only played two because we only had 3 slots for yard hate and we wanted something cheaper to Tutor for (we played Crypt over RIP because of Replenish).

5) Abrupt Decay is probably at a low point in the format right now, so I'm not too worried about O-Ring being hit by it. That said, I could see playing the convoke card someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

6) E Plague is another great card that black offers. Unfortunately, it's somewhat worse against DnT here because naming Human kills our Argothians. For this tournament, we decided to forgo the help against Elves to make sure the DnT matchup was solid.

7) Countering or otherwise removing all of our win conditions has long caused debate about how to build Enchantress. In Louisville, we played Emrakul because of Miracles and how it made a midgame Counterbalance irrelevant. But now, without Top, it's much harder for Counterbalance to stop a threat base of multiple 4s and 5s.

The threat of Surgical Extraction is something to consider. I did have people try to counter and Surgical my win conditions this past weekend, but none of them were successful. Still, we are reconsidering running Ground Seal, or some other wincon to support what we have. However, we do not want to go back to Emrakul if we can help it, since it is such a bad draw much of the time.

Are you playing Peacekeeper in a Living Wish build? And do you have any way to protect it? The card is cheap and powerful, but fragile.

Worship is tempting, but too many decks have ways to kill Argothians post-board to really count on it. Not that there aren't situations in which it would save you where Confinement or Sphere wouldn't, but I don't think there's room.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    Estrid's invocation seems huge to me (I am currently testing it as a 1-of)
    Also have you guys tried Invocation yet I'm not even kidding it's SICK.
    Good call. An Enchantress deck with 3 MD Estrid's Invocations and 1 in the SB top 4'd a 90+ player tournament two weeks ago.

// Enchantments
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress’s Presence
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 Estrid’s Invocation
    3 Mirri’s Guile
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Solitary Confinement
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

// Creatures
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Doomwake Giant
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Sorceries
    1 Green Sun’s Zenith

// Lands
    5 Forest
    4 Serra’s Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Bayou
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 2 Rest in Peace
    SB: 2 Swan Song
    SB: 1 Estrid's Invocation
    SB: 1 Karakas
    SB: 1 Lunar Force
    SB: 1 Mindbreak trap
    SB: 1 Seal of Primordium
    SB: 1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    SB: 1 Starfield of Nyx
    SB: 1 Suppression Field
    SB: 1 Sylvan Library

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Someone shares this on the Discord, I really am a big fan of all-in Invocation, but the list I'm running is I think a lot more focused on getting value out of them.

4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    4x Estrid's Invocation

4x Abundant Growth
    4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Elephant Grass

2x Ground Seal
    2x Sterling Grove
    2x Oblivion Ring
    2x Doomwake Giant
    1x Solitary Confinement
    1x Rise of the Hobgoblins

2x Replenish

6x green fetch
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    2x Savannah
    1x Bayou
    1x Tropical Island
    8x Forest

sb:

4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Choke
    1x Aura of Silence
    1x Seal of Primordium
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Trial of Ambition
    1x In the Eye of Chaos
    1x Humility
    1x Suppression Field
    1x Blind Obedience
    1x Nevermore

The cantrip enchantments work exceptionally well with Invocation, allowing it to really become a huge threat if allowed to resolve against any fair blue deck, or even against mana denial strategies, since once in place, this draw engine doesn't require more mana, unlike the Enchantressses. Doomwake obviously work really well as does Oblivion Ring. I was trying to find a kill condition with synergy for a while before I stumbled on Rise of the Hobgoblins, which is legit busted with Invocation in play, and also works well with Replenish. The SB is designed to also optimize Invocation (with the exception of In the Eye of Chaos, which I just think is really strong).

Someone shares this on the Discord, I really am a big fan of all-in Invocation, but the list I'm running is I think a lot more focused on getting value out of them.

4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Estrid's Invocation

4x Abundant Growth
    4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Elephant Grass

2x Ground Seal
    2x Sterling Grove
    2x Oblivion Ring
    2x Doomwake Giant
    1x Solitary Confinement

2x Replenish

6x green fetch
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    2x Savannah
    1x Bayou
    1x Tropical Island
    8x Forest

sb:

4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Choke
    1x Aura of Silence
    1x Seal of Primordium
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Trial of Ambition
    1x In the Eye of Chaos
    1x Humility
    1x Suppression Field
    1x Blind Obedience
    1x Nevermore

The cantrip enchantments work exceptionally well with Invocation, allowing it to really become a huge threat if allowed to resolve against any fair blue deck, or even against mana denial strategies, since once in place, this draw engine doesn't require more mana, unlike the Enchantressses. Doomwake obviously work really well as does Oblivion Ring. I was trying to find a kill condition with synergy for a while before I stumbled on Rise of the Hobgoblins, which is legit busted with Invocation in play, and also works well with Replenish. The SB is designed to also optimize Invocation (with the exception of In the Eye of Chaos, which I just think is really strong).

OK, so Rise of the Hobgoblins is pretty hilarious.

RIP/Helm is my favorite win con in Legacy (which is why I put Enchantress together) but this might be second... or third after Omniscience/Release the Ants. The flavor of that win is just perfect.

In all seriousness, this looks really interesting!

Unrelated thought: Did anyone catch Jim Davis streaming Turbo Enchantress? Looked pretty interesting with Elvish Spirit Guide to power out things like RIP or Confinement. Additionally, it used Living Wish to find Emrakul, Doomwake, Enchantress, or Sanctum. Do we know where this list came from? I asked in chat but didn't get a response.

Went 7-2 on day 1 of SCG Baltimore. Went 1-5 on day 2 of SCG Baltimore. I might try and use the Discord a bit more while my attention span is on magic. Here's the list I played, which is similar to the one I played in July. I just value consistency and resilience and this sort of list has been the only way I've found to achieve that. Though I will probably give Estrid's Invocation a try either once I have a bunch of free time or it's finally enabled on mtgo. Sideboard changes I would make are taking out Gaddock Teeg and Worship but I don't immediately know what I would replace them with.

Enchantment (29)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    1x Ixalan's Binding
    3x Mirri's Guile
    2x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Sorcery (4)
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Land (20)
    1x Bayou
    7x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills

Creature (6)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Doomwake Giant
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Artifact (1)
    1x Helm of Obedience

Sideboard (15)
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    1x Choke
    1x Containment Priest
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1x Sterling Grove
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Worship

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Estrid's Invocation

4x Abundant Growth
    4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Elephant Grass

2x Ground Seal
    2x Sterling Grove
    2x Oblivion Ring
    2x Doomwake Giant
    1x Solitary Confinement

2x Replenish

6x green fetch
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    2x Savannah
    1x Bayou
    1x Tropical Island
    8x Forest

sb:

4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Choke
    1x Aura of Silence
    1x Seal of Primordium
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Trial of Ambition
    1x In the Eye of Chaos
    1x Humility
    1x Suppression Field
    1x Blind Obedience
    1x Nevermore

I'm really interested in how good / bad Estrid's Invocation is with Ancestral Knowledge.

Getting a free shuffle and a look / stack a fresh 10 a turn seems busted if even for a few turns while you pay for the original Ancestral's upkeep. Tried to build it on MTGO, but Commander 2018 isn't set to release until Dec. May have to put it together in paper.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    I'm really interested in how good / bad Estrid's Invocation is with Ancestral Knowledge.

Getting a free shuffle and a look / stack a fresh 10 a turn seems busted if even for a few turns while you pay for the original Ancestral's upkeep. Tried to build it on MTGO, but Commander 2018 isn't set to release until Dec. May have to put it together in paper.
    Wouldn't you also want an Eidolon of Blossoms so you could also draw cards off Invocation?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Wouldn't you also want an Eidolon of Blossoms so you could also draw cards off Invocation?
    Spatula's list above does have it, but I'm not sold it's needed.

Granted, what I'm about to say likely doesn't belong in the Enchantress thread, but if you can fairly consistently see the top 10 cards you MAY not need green.

Initial thoughts would be UW. Full of some dialed-in number of Oblivion Rings and / or Detention Spheres and an enter the battlefield kill preferable Enchantment based.

With that you can control the board with exile effects, and when ready to combo cast the 3rd Oring / Detention Sphere targeting your own oring to start the Oring loop and kill with the ETB trigger of choice.

Back-ups could be Laboratory Maniac and an ETB draw effect and Replenish. Empty Library would be easy to achieve with the exile ability of Ancestral Knowledge alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    This popped for me too when I did my search for enchantments with ETBs, but couldn't decide whether I was crazy or not. If someone else thinks it might be a good idea, I might give it a spin.

On the exiling-enchantment front, I'll also highlight Exclusion Ritual as something that caught my eye with Invocations.

EDIT: I just twigged on Detention Sphere with Invocations. Very nice.

Thread Information