Page 276 of 282 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Got featured on stream at Card Kingdom's LPS on Saturday. This was roughly the list. The Doomwake and Karmic Justice in the side were switched to 2 Swords to Plowshares to deal with Archon of Valor's Reach and potential Leovolds.
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Tournament report 26 players (I’m not English so don’t mind the grammar)

Creatures [5]
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    Sorceries [1]
    1 Replenish
    Enchantments [34]
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Rise of the Hobgoblins
    2 Doomwake Giant
    1 Ground Seal
    2 Solitary Confinement
    2 Sterling Grove
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Estrid's Invocation
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    1 Search for Azcanta
    Planeswalker [1]
    1 Estrid, the Masked
    Lands [20]
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    9 Forest
    Sideboard [15]
    1 Cast Out
    2 Choke
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Runed Halo
    1 Trial of Ambition
    1 Back to Basics
    1 Replenish
    1 Doomwake Giant

First round vs Maverick. 1-1. Lost game one, Elephant grass was not enough to stop the damage. I Had a slow hand and didn’t draw much either. Second game total control with multiple enchantress efects and Confinement and Sterling Grove. Thirth game had control but there was not enough time to take the game.

Second round vs D&T. 2-0. He had me on 1 when I landed Confinement with multiple enchantress effects. He already used 3x Flickerwisp on my lands with aura’s to slow me down so he gave up. Second game Doomwake Giant and Trial of Ambition won me the game. Doomwake removed his 3 creatures on the table. He landed a Ethersworn Canonist which was handled by the Trial.

Thirth round vs Infect. 1-2. He started game 1 and got me fast. Second game he was a bit slow and I took the game over with a fast Confinement on my 3th turn. Last turn he started…. dazed a second turn Grass and had Invigorate Berserk next turn…pfff

Fourth round vs MUD 1-1. First game I had to mull to 5. Kept a hand with one land and a Abundant Growth. Drew no second land in the next couple turns. Second game took control with confinement and some Oblivion Rings (Estrid copy’s) Thirth game went also in time. He was fast with chalice on 1 and a Trinisphere and a creature. I landed a confinement and could hold on. Probably would have lost that game. (Though matchup!)

Fifth round vs Eldrazi Post 0-2…..didn’t stand a chance. He was fast with big creatures like multiple Thought-Knot See rand Ulamog so he could exile my Confinement and attack for lethal. Chalice and Trinisphere didn’t help much either game 2….very bad matchup this one.

All-in all, Estrid’s Invocation was really really good. I love this card!!
    The deck was fun to play. This was my second tournament with the deck and although I played Enchantress before on GP’s , this deck plays so different with the Estrid’s effects. I believe it is much stronger. For every enchantment in the deck you have 4 more. I play with 2x Sterling Grove so I can search up the needed enchantment if necessary. Because of the 12 aura’s I almost felt like I didn’t needed the dual lands…
    Rise of the Hobgoblins/Estrid won me a game also…..you should have seen the faces around the table…hahahaha
    Estrid the Masked is a win more card, but when there are mutliple aura’s on your lands you basically have a second turn because you can untap all your lands.
    The one of Search for Azcanta works great to filter, but also with Replenish. This card good also be a Miiri’s Guile. I like the casting cost of 2. Because of the many Chalice of the Voids around…
    If you have any questions….feel free to ask.

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Estrid's Invocation is very strong, but has a lot of not obvious applications. It allows you to draw extra cards with Abundant Growth/Ground Seal, can be color fixing with Utopia Sprawl, can be a "free" Elephant Grass copy or Solitary Confinement, can trigger and double Doomwake Giant, and can not only copy O Ring, but in some cases give extra value by targeting things like Chalice with the copy, then returning it with 0 counters and picking something else.
    Always a pleasure to watch your streams and hope to see more in the future. I noticed that you already have five blue 3CMC enchantments in your 75. Have you though about adding Attunement? Back in the day, Attunement was very strong in the Replenish deck. You have at least one Replenish in your 75, so Attunement can help to improve cards selection when the decked is hosed by an early Chalice of the Void or Trinisphere. And with an active enchantress effect in play it basically reads - draw five cards and discard four cards. Thoughts?
    ---
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post
    Always a pleasure to watch your streams and hope to see more in the future. I noticed that you already have five blue 3CMC enchantments in your 75. Have you though about adding Attunement? Back in the day, Attunement was very strong in the Replenish deck. You have at least one Replenish in your 75, so Attunement can help to improve cards selection when the decked is hosed by an early Chalice of the Void or Trinisphere. And with an active enchantress effect in play it basically reads - draw five cards and discard four cards. Thoughts?
    When having Replenish the card could be very good, but on its own it does not do so much….

Apr 2016
    Germany

Hi people,
    in my effort to break Paradoxical Outcome I come across some enchantment list witch I want to share with you.

First why is Paradoxical Outcome in my eyes a good card for enchantment.

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Abundant Growth

are all very good targets esp. Abundant also this deck goes more in the direction of the UG "combo" Enchantment lists so we also have

Cloud of Faeries

with is a card that we love to bounce and overall feels so busted because it gives us in the t3-t4 more the feeling of an real combo deck like Hight Tide
    also in the worst case we can cyle it for

From the Sideboard we also have

Mystic Remora
    Carpet of Flowers
    Elephant Grass

Classic enchantment lists have 4 Argothian Enchantress 4 Enchantress's Presence to go off this add a lot of value.
    This add a 3rd card to generate value in a diff way. Both Argothian and Presence do nothing as a topdeck with an emty hand.
    Outcome is quite the opposite.

Also my versions run the Legacy Allstars
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

this allows us to run
    4 Force of Will

So instead of running GSZ and other situational cards this decks has 12 "go off" cards and 8 cantripps to be more consitent

I will show you my 3 example lists feel free to play with them arround and I am open for every constructive criticism

Note:
    -every list have at least 2 win coins
    -Wish lists run second win coin sb
    -Words of Wind is a win coin
    -Words of Wind + Cloud of Faeries + Abundant Growth + Argothian Enchantress or Enchantress's Presence with 2 lands that produce a total of is a bounced opp board
    this sounds a lot but you will see you get this quite offend (Grwoth can be other enchantment depends on amound of your mana from 2 land and number of "drawers")
    most times you end up with 4 force in your hand & enough mana to hard cast all of them & and opp bounced board & a clock of 4x 1/1 1x 2/1 their isnt a deck in legacy that can win normally under this situation
    -> look into the old UG Enchantment Post to find out more about this

Living Wish List

// 60 Maindeck
    // 7 Creature
    3 Cloud of Faeries
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    // 18 Enchantment
    2 Words of Wind
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Abundant Growth
    // 11 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Paradoxical Outcome
    4 Force of Will
    // 16 Land
    1 Tropical Island
    6 Forest
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    // 8 Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    4 Living Wish
    // 15 Sideboard
    SB: 1 Cloud of Faeries
    SB: 1 Eternal Witness
    SB: 1 Palinchron
    SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 1 Doomwake Giant
    SB: 1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    SB: 1 Knight of Autumn
    SB: 2 Mystic Remora
    SB: 2 Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 3 Elephant Grass
    SB: 1 Karakas

a very solid list you just wish sometimes to have a bit more vs strom based combo
    also the wish board is not optimal so far

Cunning Wish List

// 60 Maindeck
    // 9 Creature
    4 Cloud of Faeries
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eternal Witness
    // 18 Enchantment
    2 Words of Wind
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Abundant Growth
    // 14 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Paradoxical Outcome
    4 Force of Will
    // 16 Land
    1 Tropical Island
    6 Forest
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    // 3 Sorcery
    3 Ponder
    // 15 Sideboard
    SB: 3 Mystic Remora
    SB: 1 Paradoxical Outcome
    SB: 1 Hunting Pack
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Wipe Away
    SB: 1 Early Harvest

this list feels because of Cunning Wish sometimes a bit clunky
    but the Trap/Surgical/Grip sb is strong vs combo and in longer matches
    Hunting Packt could replaced with Blue Zenith as an win coin but Packt gives you the option to win without going infi
    Wish board overall needs also some work

NO Wish List

// 60 Maindeck
    // 9 Creature
    4 Cloud of Faeries
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eternal Witness
    // 19 Enchantment
    2 Words of Wind
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Abundant Growth
    1 Words of War
    // 12 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Paradoxical Outcome
    4 Force of Will
    // 16 Land
    1 Tropical Island
    6 Forest
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    // 4 Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    // 15 Sideboard
    SB: 3 Mystic Remora
    SB: 2 Detention Sphere
    SB: 2 Crop Rotation
    SB: 1 Karakas
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Replenish

feels overall good but very one dimensional so i would recommend to add something

Here is also a debate
    1. to cut the Cloud of Faeries and add ~2x Mentor + Doomwake Giant + flex slot
    and don´t win viva an infi combo rather just out value your opp this change can be done with every list
    2. to add 2-4 Elephant Grass to the mb because these versions rarely run out of gass most times time is all we need to play out our spells

So enjoy the lists give them a fair try and I am happy for every good feedback
    Last edited by Arcanis001; 03-02-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Dec 2009
    hessen, germany

ABSOLUTELY in love! Which MU are problematic so far?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanis001 View Post
    UG Outcome Decks
    Arcanis001, have these been posted about anywhere else? I'd be interested in helping develop a list.

I have not tested it, but it seems like each version is trying to do too many things at once.

If you would like to develop the deck would you be interested in making a thread in the N&D area?

Seal of Removal could be a card to help keep the FOW & Enchantment counts up while having synergies with Cloud of Faeries and being decent disruption against a lot of strategies.

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

So, this happened https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2019-04-01

Would love to hear from spatula a report or comments on the list and the match ups.

Anyway, congratulations for the achievement.
    "Want all, lose all."

Quote Originally Posted by caiomarcos View Post
    So, this happened https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2019-04-01

Would love to hear from spatula a report or comments on the list and the match ups.

Anyway, congratulations for the achievement.
    He did...

Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Finished first in the MTGO Challenge this past Sunday.
    And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...ith_the_witch/

And did a battle report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttd...d9GIiXBqMMOZyx

And talked about it on the Enchantress Discord.

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    He did...

Here:

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...ith_the_witch/

And did a battle report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttd...d9GIiXBqMMOZyx

And talked about it on the Enchantress Discord.
    Thank you!

I wasn't aware of that thread or the other sources, this thread has been my go-to enchantress resource since ever.
    "Want all, lose all."

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Hey I actually meant to post a link in here, thanks aedemiel. I did create a separate thread a while back because while it's nice to have a general Enchantress thread, I think Living Wish creates enough strategic divergence that it warrants a specific conversation. http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...=1#post1066971

I think the Witch House has an advantage in that Living Wish is very good against both SnS and Dark Depths, so the combo that we CAN realistically beat becomes a better matchup. Other than that though, Grass was continually good, and the Invocations were solid as well. I don't know at this point how many people haven't tested it, but the ability to play with upkeep-less Grasses, O Ring shenanigans, and the draw engine with Abundant Growth/Ground Seal is very good. Copying Presence doesn't happen as often as you may think, since you often will already be ahead in that scenario, but it did come up in at least one game. I didn't run into any Storm or Reanimator, so that always helps.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Apr 2019
    Canada

Hello, longtime Enchantress player here and I've looked a these forums once and awhile to stay ahead of new "tech" for the deck. I have probably 10-12 years of experience playing the deck as it has always been a favorite of mine (I like decks that not everyone else plays). One of my favorite iterations won with using Rancors on Birds of Paradises which explains my old Magic team name, Birds with Rancors! My real life Enchantress deck is almost all foils I've had it so long.

I have been testing for a Legacy 1K which I was unfortunately unable to attend so I fired up the Legacy League last night and went 3-2 but could have easily 5-0 if I had better luck. In my two losses I got extremely unlucky (like laughably unlucky) with everything despite being favorable matchups, that's just the way Magic goes sometimes. I figured I'd share my deck (mostly based on Spatula's) to add my experience into the think tank of making the deck better for all of us.

This is what I've had the most success with lately:

3x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Doomwake Giant
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms

2x Green Sun's Zenith
    4x Living Wish

2x Abundant Growth
    4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Elephant Grass
    1x Mirri's Guile
    1x Ground Seal
    1x Seal of Primordium
    2x Sterling Grove
    2x Oblivion Ring
    2x Solitary Confinement
    2x Estrid's Invocation
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1x Cadaverous Bloom

7x Forest
    3x Plains
    1x Island
    1x Swamp
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Windswept Heath
    2x Serra's Sanctum

SB
    1x Karakas
    1x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1x Doomwake Giant
    2x Rest in Peace
    2x Choke
    1x Rule of Law
    1x Humility
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Helm of Obedience
    1x Sandwurm Convergence

Notes:

18 Lands - I have been playing this deck a long time. I've never had an issue with only 18 lands with so much acceleration. I've seen lists with 19-21 lands and I feel that is definitely too many. Another thing I firmly believe is not playing dual lands which is why I just have basics intentionally. One Wasteland can blow you out if you play with duals and I feel that thats not a risk I like. There are issues with mana colors at times (not usually) but I believe the strengths out way the disadvantages. I could definitely be wrong on this, it's just my opinion.

Green Sun's Zenith - A necessary card but it is dead a lot of the time and classes with Living Wish IMO so I have been running only two. I consider it a redundancy effect to get an Enchantress out. It works well with Dryad Arbor but I really haven't been liking the Arbor and have cut it.

Doomwake Giant - Such a house against certain decks, running black for this is a no brainer.

Living Wish - I love Wish in the deck, the only issue is you lose some sideboarding space as you have to build in Wish targets (which aren't enchantments!). The sideboard I had was not a very good Wish one so I need to work on that. I typically used it for an Enchantress if I really needed one or to get Emrakul. Phyrexian Revoker and Peacekeeper have been good targets that I have used, I will probably add them back in.

Abundant Growth - Dropped these down to two to add more main deck utility. I feel this is the weakest zero green play, yes it draws a card but it doesn't accelerate your mana like Wild Growth or Utopia Sprawl and often when I drew it I would wish it was one of the others. I did not want to cut all of them, the mana fixing is needed at some point, it works really well with Estrid's invocation and the extra card draw is nice. Maybe I will try four again, I don't know.

Sterling Grove - I have been running without this card at all but I added in a two of again to test and I think I like them. I used to run three, then the deck had zero for awhile. Disenchants have been coming in a lot lately and the tutoring can be game winning. I think these are better then Enlightened Tutor which I have also run in the past as they are enchantments and the shroud is good.

Oblivion Ring - I have tested Cast Out because of the Abrupt Decay issue but I switched back once I added in Sterling Groves for shroud. I honestly don't know which I like better, I think Rings are fine if you have Groves.

Estrid's Invocation - This card is as amazing as it seems. It's so versatile because you can change it every turn to whatever will help you at the time

Cadaverous Bloom - This card is a HOUSE. I've gone from 3 cards in hand to playing this and casting Living Wish for Emrakul the same turn with just a couple Enchantress effect out. This card can go from 0 to 100 faster then any other card we have and can lead to turn 4-5 wins which Enchantress is definitely not known for. During the League games I cast Emrakul with this out 4-5 times. I am running black already for Doomwake so it fits in perfectly and at 5 mana, it helps vary our mana costs against Counterbalance. Try it.

Sideboard
    I do not like sideboard as it stands, I change this more then the main deck. Running Living Wish I also need more targets but I have a hard time choosing between Wish targets and utility enchantments. A couple notes:

Rest in Peace - This is good against multiple decks so I had a Helm in the sideboard also. Any matchup I put in Rest in Peace, I also put in Helm for a free wins (which I got a couple).

Humilityand Sandwurn Convergence - Both to help with Show and Tell decks (other then the normal stuff). I didn't face one but they have been good to buy a few turns unless they have an Omniscience with which you are boned no matter what.

I played two Esper Stoneblade, two Death's Shadow and one Eldrazi during the league. The only deck I felt that I was always behind on was Eldrazi, anyone have any suggestions for that matchup? I'm considering running Blood Moons but no sure as it would tax the mana base even more. I also got lucky I dodged our toughest matchups (storm, SnS).

Thank you!

Dec 2010
    Prague

Hi enemyzero!

I think your work with enchantress here is really good!

I think you want one Sanctum in the board or no?

Against chalice decks my friend Diederik used to run Seeds of Innocence.
    Against Eldrazi card like Energy Field without non-basics in play even without rip is good. Humility is very good as well. Biggest danger is All is Dust. You have to kill him quickly. (I run helm main)
    Back to Basics is crushing them really hard.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I saw this deck played and it's wow. I have almost every card, and I just bought three Sanctums, so I'm really determined to play it. I tried to write a list this morning, based on some lists I saw on the internet and here in the forum. But I have some questions and I hope I'll get the answers :)

1. is the blue splash necessary? or can I play just straight GW with one bayou for the doomwake?
    2. what cards do we need in the sideboard? i saw a lot of wishboard targets but sometimes i see cards that can't be get with living wish like the 2nd confinement and i don't understand that much the matchups where we need it...

For now I would try to play this, without blue splash:

Lands
    11 forest
    1 savannah
    1 bayou
    4 windswept heath
    2 serra's sanctum
    1 karakas

Creatures
    3 argothian enchantress
    1 doomwake giant
    1 eidolon of blossoms

Enchantments
    4 wild growth
    4 utopia sprawl
    4 elephant grass
    4 enchantress's presence
    3 abundant growth
    2 gaea's touch
    2 ground seal
    1 solitary confinement
    1 sterling grove
    1 banishing light
    1 cast out
    1 ixalan's binding

Other Spells
    3 living wish
    3 green sun's zenith
    1 replenish

Wishboard
    1 bojuka bog
    1 serra's sanctum
    1 karakas
    1 argothian enchantress
    1 doomwake giant
    1 reclamation sage
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 wickerbough elder

Sideboard
    2 choke
    5 other cards i guess

I hope you have some good advice for me

You can play perfectly without the blue splash. Just take a look at some older lists (as: without Estrid's Invocation). And your list looks fine by me. The reason to have some non-wish targets in the board, is to be able to bring them in (ex: second Confinement) in MU that are difficult with only 1 MD confinement (as Storm). If you're not playing Estrids Invocation, than you need the second Confinement more. But just test it out and try different siding options to feel the different play options the deck gives you.

Apr 2019
    Canada

If playing R, Cindervines is very good against Storm.

Okay, thank you a lot! For the five slots missing in my list I thought of 1 solitary confinement, 2 carpet of flowers, 1 aura of silence and 1 faerie macabre. Does it make sense?

Then, is it better to keep a split 3/3 for zenith/wish or maybe is better 2/4 since we have only 4 possible zenith targets in the main deck?

Can someone explain how Estrid's Invocation and Solitary Confinement work together? Is it just that you copy the Confinement with Invocation, put the Invocation upkeep trigger above the Confinement upkeep trigger, exile Invocation and return it copy Confinement without having to discard a card, and then sac the original Confinement?

Because it doesn't seem much better to me than just having another Confinement and playing it after saccing the first. With Invocation you get to copy another enchantment when you're done with the Confinement effect, but unlike having a second Confinement, you still skip you draw. Seems fine, just not a powerful combo. Maybe there's another trick I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Can someone explain how Estrid's Invocation and Solitary Confinement work together? Is it just that you copy the Confinement with Invocation, put the Invocation upkeep trigger above the Confinement upkeep trigger, exile Invocation and return it copy Confinement without having to discard a card, and then sac the original Confinement?

Because it doesn't seem much better to me than just having another Confinement and playing it after saccing the first. With Invocation you get to copy another enchantment when you're done with the Confinement effect, but unlike having a second Confinement, you still skip you draw. Seems fine, just not a powerful combo. Maybe there's another trick I'm missing.
    Like you said it. But the nice thing is when you have a second Invocation. Then you can keep the Invocation Confinement around forever without ever having to discard a card. I mean that you just continue to alter between the 2 Invocations as Confinement. Just copy an Abundant growth with the other Invocation and tadaa, instant happiness and carddraw.

Dec 2010
    Prague

How to play this deck in the field full of Narset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information