Page 51 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Ok...8 more pre-sided games tested in, and this time 6-2 in my favor. Only MD change was -1 City/+1 Oblivion Ring. Never really came up, just FYI. Then tried 5 Games post-board and those were 4-1, with anarchy screwing me over in the only loss.

How many are running 2 Moats? 2 Games I was holding both moats, wishing one was maybe something else...
    Im on it like a fat kid on a twinkie!

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus27 View Post
    Ok...8 more pre-sided games tested in, and this time 6-2 in my favor. Only MD change was -1 City/+1 Oblivion Ring. Never really came up, just FYI. Then tried 5 Games post-board and those were 4-1, with anarchy screwing me over in the only loss.

How many are running 2 Moats? 2 Games I was holding both moats, wishing one was maybe something else...
    I was running them time ago, before Tombstalker and Trygon Predator entered the format. Right now 1 is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Better lucky then good...
    Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
    I was running them time ago, before Tombstalker and Trygon Predator entered the format. Right now 1 is enough.
    God I love dropping Grass at that point. Though I must admit, I haven't played against the Predator yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Hiding behind Moat is a really bad strategy here because their deck is designed to have a very versatile offense. Your best bet is to aggressively pursue your own game plan, and use Grass to stall them, but I would almost never play Grass or any defensive enchantments before turn 3.
    Why is hiding behind the moat bad? Yes the Gang-bang Commandeers and Sharpshooters could get you behind Moat, but even like the one game mentioned above, and that sounds as nuts as nuts can get, Enchantress is pretty resilient. I have lost maybe %10 of my goblin games. Not sure how much I can blame on either bad draw or bad play. And here, I'll drop a grass turn 2 if I have a Argothian Enchantress out. That pisses goblin decks off, barely being able to swing with Lackey, even for the first time if you were on the play.
    You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Cool, I thought with all that red I was gonna get banned for douchebaggery.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

What he meant is that it's not worth it to hide behind a moat if you don't have an enchantress out and hope to draw it. By the time you have your engine going the opponent may have found that SGC and have enough mana to deal 4 a turn. It's good to hide behind a moat if you have an enchantress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbie_X View Post
    God I love dropping Grass at that point. Though I must admit, I haven't played against the Predator yet.
    Playing against predator is probably the most skill intensive thing you'll have to walk against with this deck. It's so fun!
    The key cards are Sterling Grove, Oblivion Ring, Confinament and Replenish:
    PS. that deck is sick. Yesterday I went first turn Utopia Sprawl and the opponent cast in sequence: turn 1 Spell Snare(Argothian), turn 2 Counterbalance, Turn 3 Trygon Predator (?), Turn 4 Trygon Predator (???) and I still won. Oblivion Ring, Replenish and Sterling Grove for the win!
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

The problem is that "hide" implies the strategy of relying on Moat over several turns. Given the speed at which Goblins can operate, it's just a bad idea to give them any oppourtunity to break out.

For instance, if you go into the match-up thinking that you'll be able to hide behind Moat for most of the game, it will lead you to do silly things like play and break Sterling Grove in search of Moat instead of playing free spells and digging for Grasses and Confinements.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Moat was only able to "bridge" the game to Confinement lock. Sometimes you get a few turns to get there, more games the shooters/gang commanders come out and finish you off. Do you fetch the Moat with grove if you do not have grass? Do you blow the grove to first fetch grass, and hope to draw moat or some combination of enchantress effects+confinement. Thats a tough choice.

will this see any play as a 1 of or is it too slow for this deck:
    http://djmagiccards.com/images/large...Throne_LRG.jpg

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    It has already been discussed a couple of pages back. To sum it, it will need testing to see if it's worth Sacred Mesa's slot (or another slot).

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

Runed Halo makes Trygon a joke. Sterling Grove ain't bad either : )

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

I have to admit, that picture is sweet.

Lucy Lawless is like the wine, the older, the better
    Aug 2008

Hi folks, this may sound odd but could anyone please tell me what's the strategy of this deck? I tried to understand it looking at the card list, but I wasn't able to. I guess it is to win putting tokens in play with Hoofprints of the Stag and sacred Mesa, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    Hi folks, this may sound odd but could anyone please tell me what's the strategy of this deck? I tried to understand it looking at the card list, but I wasn't able to. I guess it is to win putting tokens in play with Hoofprints of the Stag and sacred Mesa, but I could be wrong.

Couldn't be more wrong. The deck plays with the interaction between Cephalid Illusionist and Nomads en-Kor. You use the Nomads to target the Illusionist to mill your whole deck, knocking some number of Narcomoebas into play. After flashing back Cabal Therapy enough to ensure your opponent doesn't have any sort of disruption, then sacrifice the rest of your creatures to flashback Dread Return targeting Sutured Ghoul, removing all of the creatures in your 'yard from the game (including the playset of Tarmogoyf you have for the man-plan) to get a big fattie. Then, of course, the single copy of Dragon Breath in your 'yard pops out, mounts up the Ghoul, and you swing in with like a 31/35 fattie.

It's a pretty subtle combo, so I don't blame you for missing it.
    Last edited by Zach Tartell; 01-28-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: clarity
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Uh...?

@ Corwin:

You try to get an Enchantress (either Presence or Argothian) out on turn 2, then play a bunch of cheap and utility enchantments, depending on what the opponent does, trying to draw cards to get at least one other Enchantress out, then set up a Solitary Confinement. Ideally you win with Words of War, with 5 Enchantresses out, you play 2 one mana enchantments and deal 20 damage in one turn for 12 mana.

If things go wrong, you hope to draw Replenish.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. The deck plays with the interaction between Cephalid Illusionist and Nomads en-Kor. You use the Nomads to target the Illusionist to mill your whole deck, knocking some number of Narcomoebas into play. After flashing back Cabal Therapy enough to ensure your opponent doesn't have any sort of disruption, then sacrifice the rest of your creatures to flashback Dread Return targeting Sutured Ghoul, removing all of the creatures in your 'yard from the game (including the playset of Tarmogoyf you have for the man-plan) to get a big fattie. Then, of course, the single copy of Dragon Breath in your 'yard pops out, mounts up the Ghoul, and you swing in with like a 31/35 fattie.

It's a pretty subtle combo, so I don't blame you for missing it.
    After some years of playing the deck, I still didn't get Dragon Breath part. I thought it was just there cause it's synergystic (it's an enchantment) and it breaks Goyf stalemates.
    So, thanks for pointing it out, my game will become better after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Last edited by Zach Tartell : Today at 05:50 AM. Reason: clarity
    In case someone missed this gem.

Lucy Lawless is like the wine, the older, the better
    Aug 2008

Thanks Spatula, I didn't understand the deck was so reliant on Solitary Confinement, I like the way it works

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Solitary Confinement basically fixes the problems of the olds WoWind/Stroke lists, ie, that your combo was generally a turn slower than everyone else's kill condition.

Confinement basically acts as a win condition a turn or two earlier, by preventing the opponent from being able to win. The WoWar is there as the formality, most of the time.

I playtested Ugw Dreadstill vs this deck, I think I was unable to win even w/ Dreadnought out, then I tried to Trygon predator, but was only met w/ a Confinement the next turn :(

I imagine people would run Tranquility/Serenity in the board @ the GP just so they dont get smoked by this deck.

I imagine the only thing that this deck gets owned by is ANT/Belcher/Painter type decks?

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

I imagine the only thing that this deck gets owned by is ANT/Belcher/Painter type decks?
    Painter is reasonable, between confinament, Runed Halo, O.Rings, Aura of Silence and Wheel of Sun and Moon.
    Belcher is manageable if it goes for the goblin plan.

The truly unwinnable matchups are ANT, TES and Doomsday.
    Bad matchups are Belcher, ITF and Solidarity.

Painter is reasonable, between confinament, Runed Halo, O.Rings, Aura of Silence and Wheel of Sun and Moon.
    Belcher is manageable if it goes for the goblin plan.

The truly unwinnable matchups are ANT, TES and Doomsday.
    Bad matchups are Belcher, ITF and Solidarity.
    What are the possibilities post board vs Tendrils? Thoughtseizes/Chants? Halo on Tendrils seems ok if covered by sterling grove, no?

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus27 View Post
    What are the possibilities post board vs Tendrils? Thoughtseizes/Chants? Halo on Tendrils seems ok if covered by sterling grove, no?
    Someone is playing Halos, others Chant, some E.Tutor+Chalice and toolbox SB.

Either way, it's unlikely we can win 2 out of 3 games, I'll just give up the storm combo matchup.

Thread Information