Page 52 of 282 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by sauce
    I imagine people would run Tranquility/Serenity in the board @ the GP just so they dont get smoked by this deck.
    I loled.

Most people just don't worry about tendrils, because its almost impossible to win. My plan ussually involves mulling into halo/grove, and hoping to hit WW mana on turn 2. From there you try not to pass the turn w/o having 2 enchantments they need to answer (confinement/grove/halo). The ultimate goal being to get a grove lock with halo naming tendrils. Chances are they will win before you can even play that first halo (or duress/chant/bounce will make it go away).

Solidarity, ichorid, ETW combo, and painter all give you a chance, but not much of one. ussually you just loose

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
    Painter is reasonable, between confinament, Runed Halo, O.Rings, Aura of Silence and Wheel of Sun and Moon.
    Belcher is manageable if it goes for the goblin plan.

The truly unwinnable matchups are ANT, TES and Doomsday.
    Bad matchups are Belcher, ITF and Solidarity.
    Death&Taxes isn't realy a deck that see's a lot of play, but catalysm pretty much wreck's you... since it (by my knowledge) doesn't trigger karmic justice...

Quote Originally Posted by overseer1234 View Post
    Death&Taxes isn't realy a deck that see's a lot of play, but catalysm pretty much wreck's you... since it (by my knowledge) doesn't trigger karmic justice...
    Sacred Ground + Replenish is a pretty safe plan.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

On the other side they play a rather slow aggro deck, so you are not under great pressure, and you could easyly recover with a replenish.

They also dont play 4 cataclysm and they have no way to find theme. And Cataclysm is the only card that you have to fear the other 57-58 cards are only plains and some strange white weenies.

I havent tested the MU, but i have fairly often played both decks, i think the MU is about 50/50 whene they play wastlands and rishadan ports.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I think the matchup is slightly unfavord for us, given that most list's also run 3 main deck oblivion ring's, and a 4th comming from the side (together with 3-4 cataclysm)

Also don't count on replenish giving back to much when there's a samurai on the field... (or jotun grunt eating your graveyard for that matter)

Better lucky then good...
    Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

I take it Ground Seal will help against Jotun Grunt, would it not? I recently played against a mono black deck. I run a pretty low land count, and I got mana screwed each game. I mulligan down to 4 cards first game, He drops Chalice for 1 next game. I won both games, through Sinkhole and discard. I was insane, the audacity and resiliency of this deck is uncanny.

The Belcher match-up is winnable. But they are right, TES and ANT are pretty much lost causes. You can hope that they are unlucky or an idiot and kill themselves with Nausem. That's what I found so funny about the Spanish Inquisition, You could kill yourself 50% of the time on turn 1. I hate the Ichorid Match-up as well, but I think it's about 40/60 them. You can't predict when he will go off in your face. Elephant Grass and Wheel of Sun and Moon are MVPs here. LD is another deck that can rape us hardcore with no lube except our shame. If you don't get a Sacred Ground or Karmic Justice out second turn, this deck will win. What is ITF and ETW Combo again?
    You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Cool, I thought with all that red I was gonna get banned for douchebaggery.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbie_X View Post
    I take it Ground Seal will help against Jotun Grunt, would it not?
    (...)
    What is ITF and ETW Combo again?
    Ground Seal doesn't help against Jotun Grunt, cause Grunt doesn't target the cards.

ITF = It's The Fear
    ETW = Empty the Warrens
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
    Ground Seal doesn't help against Jotun Grunt, cause Grunt doesn't target the cards.

ITF = It's The Fear
    ETW = Empty the Warrens
    Right you are Rosco. I'll read the cards next time before asking dumb questions.

Ahhh, The Fear. I've played against this deck. I had favorable results against this match-up. With only 6 Counters, it doesn't look that scary. I've play against someone who dropped a Warrens first turn. I still won. They will have at max 2 lands at a time, so Grass stops them pretty cold. I've seen quite a few versions run 3 Elephant Grass, I think 4 in necessary with Moat.

Oh yeah, previous post, guy had out Dark Confidant both games turn 2....

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Jul 2004
    Mendota Heights, Minnesota

I'm getting into this deck now since I think it'll be good on magic-league. I played my first match with Sigil and was really impressed with the card. Granted it was against an m-l player with Dragon Stompy so take it with a grain of salt, but I really liked how it allowed the deck to have sort of a different gear. I was able to win one game by just dropping Moat, Sigil, then three random enchantments that were countered by his Chalice but still created the token.

Still unsure if I like it more than Mesa, obviously time will tell. But I don't think people should be simply dismissing the card, it was really powerful every time I played it.

Are you lost?
    Jul 2008
    Los Angeles

I realize The Source is dedicated to Legacy and I respect that, but I have a quick question that deviates from The Source's main plan. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to build a competitve Enchantress deck in Extended for the PTQ season. There's enough relevant/annoying enchantments in the format and the biggest things that are lost from the Legacy versions are Exploration, Serra's Sanctum, and the shroud Enchantress (and Elephant Grass gets downgraded to just Ghostly Prisons). But even without those, most of the engine is still there to be abused. Consequently, I figure that if I should seek anyone out for advice, it's the gurus lurking this thread.

So if anybody has some good ideas and would like to help, shoot me a PM please. Alternatively, if you think that it's impossible to make this deck work in Extended, feel free to shoot me a PM and tell me how stupid I am.
    My eyes were jaded
    So close to the center, I could not see....

How does everyone feel about Sacred Ground in the main over Karmic Justice? I'm testing some of the heavier LD/disruption matches as I prepare for the GP and not doing too well....

Here is where I am right now:

7 Forest
    3 Plains
    4 Heath
    2 Sanctum
    3 Savannah
    1 Taiga
    (20)
    4 Argo
    4 Presence
    4 Sprawl
    4 Grove
    4 Grass

3 Confinement
    2 O-Ring
    2 Exploration
    2 Growth
    2 Ground Seal

1 Aura of Silence
    1 Moat
    1 Words
    1 Mesa
    1 Halo
    1 City
    1 Sacred
    (38)
    2 Replenish

SB:
    2 Karmic Justice - (deed/stax/silence)
    2 Circle:Red - (loam/burn/sligh)
    1 Moat (thresh)
    1 Ground Seal (loam/ichorid/breakfast)
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Blood Moon (thresh)
    2 City of Sol (control)
    2 Wheel (ichorid/solidarity)
    2 Halo (tendrils)
    1 Replenish (control)
    Last edited by Redlotus27; 02-03-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added decklist
    Im on it like a fat kid on a twinkie!

Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus27 View Post
    How does everyone feel about Sacred Ground in the main over Karmic Justice? I'm testing some of the heavier LD/disruption matches as I prepare for the GP and not doing too well....

SB:
    2 Karmic Justice - (deed/stax/silence)
    2 Circle:Red - (loam/burn/sligh)
    1 Moat (thresh)
    1 Ground Seal (loam/ichorid/breakfast)
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Blood Moon (thresh)
    2 City of Sol (control)
    2 Wheel (ichorid/solidarity)
    2 Halo (tendrils)
    1 Replenish (control)
    Strategically, it is sound. But how will you know what those first few rounds has to offer. If you don't know what you are facing, fear losing your enchantments then worry about your lands. I would maybe suggest running both. Or drop a Ground Seal and add another land. If discard concerns you, think about Spiritual Focus as a SB slot.

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

I have a question for all of you that are using Words of War for you kill.

How many turns does it take you to actually execute the kill once you have something resembling a "lock" in play? Or, once you have Words of War in play, how many turns does it take to burn your opponent out?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Usually within 3 turns.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

I think that last comment is an excellent reason to find a better kill than Words of War/Sacred Mesa.

(A caveat: I've only had one match that has actually been won after time is called [I run a single turn kill], but you don't want to have any unnecessary draws in tournaments with more than 4 rounds.)

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Some reasoning would be wonderful.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Quote Originally Posted by waSP View Post
    I think that last comment is an excellent reason to find a better kill than Words of War/Sacred Mesa.
    So... what should we switch it to? Tarmogoyf and a playset of Nimble Mongoose? Oh, wait, I know! We could drop our enchantment count down to like... three or four, then add blue, and run Sensei's Divining Top, and a bunch of cantrips, and Daze and Force of Will for disruption, and maybe add Swords to Plowshares for creature removal.

Or! Or we could cut the land count down to like... ten, run Burning Wish and Mystical and Infernal Tutors, Ad Nauseam with a playset of Lion's Eye Diamond and Lotus Petals for fast mana, and then kill with Tendrils of Agony. Maybe we'd have to add some sort of protection, though. What do you think about Orim's Chant and a couple Duresses?

Edit: Maybe we could keep the low land count and LEDs, and run like eleven creatures with Dredge, a bunch of Narcomoebas and Bridge from Belows, a couple cards with flashback, some discard outlets, and maybe a couple copies of Dread Return. I feel like that would be a fun, if not too consistent deck.

Edit 2: I just came up with a new idea! What if we return to the whole Force of Will thing, ramped the lands up to like 23-25, added Fact or Fiction for dig, like... three Wrath of G-ds, another playset of Swords to Plowshares, some Brainstroms, mabye some Vindicates, Mishra's Factories, Wastelands, and a pair of Eternal Dragons. That sounds like it might be good. If only there was some sort of Enchantment we could put in there to help out our draw engine...
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Usually within 3 turns.
    Actually, WoW usually wins the turn after it lands.
    Sigil usually takes 3 turns to win. On the first you play it and make a couple of tokens, on the second you make >5 tokens, on the third you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

I like the idea of adding blue, Zach, I think that's excellent. I wouldn't change the balance of enchantments too much, though.

Spatula:
    With a deck that is relatively slow as this deck is (in terms of how long matches take), being concerned about going to time and not being able to win is relevant.

GreenOne: So, you're dealing 18 damage (9 mana) and have 9 extra draws the turn after WoW lands? Uhh.. sounds like you were probably going to win with or without it..

Here is a problem I have been trying to figure out. Its turn 3 upkeep, you have 2 lands,a sprawl and sterling grove on the table. You have 1 presence in your hand. When is it right/correct to pop the grove to fetch? And what enchantment do you fetch first assuming no pressure from your opponent?

Any advice would be real helpful. It sometimes feels like you can throw the game away right there with a poor decision.
    Im on it like a fat kid on a twinkie!

Thread Information