Page 54 of 282 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Song isn't better against combo, i wasn't thinking when i wrote that.

I wouldn't run either, to be honest. Null rod would only be good if you ran 3-4 (unless you run enlightened tutor), and the only place you want it is against affinity and combo. If affinity is a big concern, then go for it. Otherwise, i would rather have aura of silence than rod/song.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Well, not quite true. Rod has potential if you're running the E. Tutor plan in the SB.

Ok, so after thinking, here's your best plan against combo;

Carry around a bunch of Threshold paraphenelia. Try to get a playmat with blue mana symbols and what not, maybe use marked dazes as life counters, whatever.

Now open with a Windswept heath. Don't crack it. Act like you're thinking about your turn for a minute. Then say "Never mind. Your turn."

It might just buy you a turn.

If it doesn't, act like you're thinking about whether to Brainstorm in response to their first spell. Go to break the Windswept Heath then stop. Then act really angry with yourself and say "Damnit, I miscounted."

That doesn't make any sense, and they'll be confused when they're sideboarding.

Good luck.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Better lucky then good...
    Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Well, not quite true. Rod has potential if you're running the E. Tutor plan in the SB.

Ok, so after thinking, here's your best plan against combo;

Carry around a bunch of Threshold paraphenelia. Try to get a playmat with blue mana symbols and what not, maybe use marked dazes as life counters, whatever.

Now open with a Windswept heath. Don't crack it. Act like you're thinking about your turn for a minute. Then say "Never mind. Your turn."

It might just buy you a turn.

If it doesn't, act like you're thinking about whether to Brainstorm in response to their first spell. Go to break the Windswept Heath then stop. Then act really angry with yourself and say "Damnit, I miscounted."

That doesn't make any sense, and they'll be confused when they're sideboarding.

Good luck.
    That's a pretty good strategy. I may use it, or I'm going with plan C...

Punch the first person to play Ad Nausem so hard that they can't play for the rest of the tournament, so no one else has to play him. That or taze or drug him.

Now here's a question for the ages, Any way I can hitch a lift from some to Chicago? I've got gas money and other essentials if need be. Hell, I'll bribe you all with cards. I have a shit ton of them. pm me. Thanx....

P.S. - Preliminary analysis of Sigil is positive. It is an absolute 'Must deal with' card and I really want to run Crossroads with it.
    Last edited by Gibbie_X; 02-09-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Don't taze me bro...AHHHH!!
    You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Cool, I thought with all that red I was gonna get banned for douchebaggery.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

For the love of God.

Listen to yourself.

Any card that makes you want to run Concordant Crossroads in Enchantress isn't just bad, it's probably evil.

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

In any case, you're not running an aggro deck. You don't need a "must deal with" card.

Control combo wants to prevent the opponent from being able to deal 20 damage until it can properly "go off".

You could certainly turn this into a weird aggro deck, but I don't think that's the goal for most of the people in this thread.
    Last edited by waSP; 02-10-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: of => for

In any case, you're not running an aggro deck. You don't need a "must deal with" card.
    I must say i absolutely disagree with this. The very thing enchantress needs is "must deal with" cards. However, mesa has to be dealt with the same as sigil.

My thoughts so far on sigil are mixed. It is a bomb when it lands, but the 5cc is extremely prohibitive. If you do find 5 mana + sigil early on, it flat out wins games, however that rarely happens.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by waSP View Post
    This deck beats control based purely on the opposite of what you stated. Enchantress engine (Argothian + Presence), Choke, City of Solitude and some more, depending on which deck you are facing, are all stuff your opponent must not let go unanswered.
    Keep moon-walking.

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

The control matchup is not the one where testing Sigil versus Mesa versus whatever else is going to be important. I'm fairly certain Gibbie_X wasn't saying Sigil is HUGE against control (because resolving spells is pretty huge against control).

Anyway, I think your re-contextualizing my statement in a context where it's not correct. But in general, in most of your matchups (control and some combo being exceptions), you aren't playing a card WHICH MUST BE DEALT WITH NOW. Instead, you're building your board position (inertia is an apt metaphor) until the inevitable victory comes along.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

I think the distinction is vague. If Goblins doesn't deal with Elephant Grass, it's pretty much GG, for example. Same of LftL and Ground Seal.

Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

When I say must deal with, I mean exactly that. If you have board position and drop it, followed by enchantments, They have to deal with the tokens then Sigil. Mesa doesn't have the threat level of the angels. If you drop Sigil early and get a Sprawl after that, you have a 5 turn clock running. That becomes 2 threats to deal with. They will Deed away 5 and up to deal with Sigil. The casting cost helps against Explosives and Counterbalance. Regardless, I'm running this beast over Mesa. Mesa is useless at 5 mana, this is a house.

The Crossroads will have to wait.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Hello Enchantress friends.

Playtesting for the GP against Dreadstill. I'm getting killed regularly. It always seems I am 1 turn short, or that dreadstill has that one more counter/force to negate my halo/moat/confinement.

Any help is appreciated!
    Im on it like a fat kid on a twinkie!

Feb 2004
    Minneapolis

Are the dreadnoughts killing you? Because Seal of Primordium/Cleansing is an effective answer.

Maze of Ith isn't something I see discussed too much around here, but it can be an effective answer to some of the threats in the meta. At the very least, it will protect your other lands by soaking up a Wasteland. At the very worst it's your second or third land drop (because you don't have others).

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by waSP View Post
    Are the dreadnoughts killing you? Because Seal of Primordium/Cleansing is an effective answer.

Maze of Ith isn't something I see discussed too much around here, but it can be an effective answer to some of the threats in the meta. At the very least, it will protect your other lands by soaking up a Wasteland. At the very worst it's your second or third land drop (because you don't have others).
    Pariah or Kirtar's Desire seem superior to Maze of Ith. If Maze could tap for mana, obviously it'd be better, but Maze of Ith actually seems to make you more vulnerable to Wasteland (since one of their creatures acts like a Wasteland effectively, they can play out more landkill).

I guess it depends on what you cut, but daze immunity I think is more important than turning around the occasional dreadnought. In most cases I'd rather have a land than a Maze of Ith (especially against Dreadstill). So I would try to avoid playing it early game and by end game I'd much rather have Pariah or Kirtar's Desire. I'll have to think about it, though, there are other MUs where I'd love to trade a land for a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus27 View Post
    Hello Enchantress friends.

Playtesting for the GP against Dreadstill. I'm getting killed regularly. It always seems I am 1 turn short, or that dreadstill has that one more counter/force to negate my halo/moat/confinement.

Any help is appreciated!
    If Dreadstill is a big problem, there are numerous sideboard responses. Seals/Aura of Silence are pretty effective, but there's also dedicated blue hate (more Chokes, etc.). Enchantress is a deck that you can metagame against virtually everything.

I typically try to play around Daze, because getting a good spell Dazed usually costs the game. The flip side is that waiting is dangerous as well, but since you'll only see a few bombs per game, and very early CB/Top or Nought/Stifle is kinda rare, I don't think rushing is necessary. I don't know what other advice to give you, it's not an MU that you can expect to win if your deck isn't prepared for it, so you'll probably have to shuffle a few cards around to find a blend that can compete with the meta.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Run a third Replenish MD.

It seems like every time I play around daze, spell snare shows up. Spell snare in this matchup is such a beating for us. Counterbalance hasn't really been a problem, and yes the dreadnaught was 95% of the time on mop-up duty.

Is it better to throw all your spells into the counter wall, and wait/hope to draw that replenish before dreadnaught kills you? I despise getting spells dazed, but I feel that enchantress wants to tap out every chance it gets. Sometimes I struggle with what to fetch with the first sterling grove I am able to stick

Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

The nastiest game I played against Dreadstill was when he dropped Dreadnought second turn. Usually, that may be game, but O-ring saved me.

My suggestion would be to run more O-rings and a Runed Halo main. Drop a grass at any point you have it as well, slow down the beating and make them tap.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Also, MD a Seal of Primordium.

I tend to agree that this >should< get better for us post SB. Add 2 more halos, 2 chokes and aura of silence/seal and hope one sticks. Can seals be stifled? (My guess is yes)

I don't think dreadstill has that many options in SB against us, but then again they might not need that many.

Heres my current list for reference:

7 Forest
    3 Plains
    2 Sanctum
    4 Heath
    3 Savannah
    1 Taiga
    (20)
    4 Argothian
    2 Replenish
    4 Presense
    4 Sprawl
    3 Growth
    2 O Ring
    2 Moat
    3 Confinement
    1 Aura
    1 Halo
    1 Words of War
    1 Mesa
    4 Grove
    4 Grass
    2 City of Solitude
    1 Justice
    1 Ground Seal

SB (a mess I know...I'm working on it-suggestions welcome):
    2 Halo
    2 Circle:Red
    2 Choke
    2 Justice
    1 Replenish
    2 Ground Seal
    1 Sacred Ground
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Open (Blood Moon?)

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

You might have better luck if you trimmed your curve.

My first advice would be -2 O. Ring, +1 Seal of Primordium, +1 Sylvan Library, along with -1 Moat, +1 Replenish.

I wouldn't run either MD, but I would MD Choke before City of Solitude. Choke is a stand-alone threat, making them manage their resources more carefully and turning Elephant Grass into a powerhouse. City of Solitude slows down your game plan and is a useless top deck.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus27 View Post
    Sometimes I struggle with what to fetch with the first sterling grove I am able to stick
    Usually I fetch Presence or Moat if pre-board. Play moat with 1 mana open and suddenly the opponent must counter it AND every other Replenish or just lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Thread Information