Page 9 of 282 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Remora sounds like an amazing Card, and I weep that it wasn't printed in Korean (My newest favorite among asian languages). I'll pick up a playset from starcity or something, and test if out. I don't like how it could make you fetch out a blue source if that's your only hope. Also, it's freaking irritating to try and cut cards from my newest list.

Aligas (sp?) of Honor seems really tempting at first, but then you realize it's just an over-costed, less-effective Honorable Passage. And that has a way cooler picture, too. The burn match-up isn't scary enough to board a completely narrow hate card; Just don't lose your first match, and your second match, and you should probably be good. I'm thinking about Chill, right now, and COP:Red (or even green, as a 1-of) is an interesting option for a sideboard. Helps both the goblins match (which has become problematic as I play more and more to beat control) and the burn match (which is terrible).
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Has anyone tried out Wild Research? It seems like it might have some interesting potential for abuse, and has ridiculous synergy with Replenish.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

I think the burn match-up is bad for you because you've made your curve too high. This makes the deck's main plan (Confinement) a lot slower.

CoP Red and Aegis are probably inferior to cards that don't require constant mana. Warmth and Chill spring to mind. Energy Storm might be ok; and it combos with Moat!

...It's ok that you had to look up Energy Storm. Everyone does.

Also, yeah. Remora is solid if you're running fairly heavy blue. The ability to side it in against both blue and black based disruption, plus random stuff like Stax or Life from thee Loam.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Warmth is a fantastic idea for burn, actually. I always forget that card exists.

I don't think I'm a huge fan of Energy Storm (Yes, I did have to look that up, sigh) due to the cumulative upkeep when this deck's already mana hungry in its first five turns or so, and that's when you need the burn defense online.

If we're running a lot of silver bullet cards in the 2 CMC range, is it worth investigating the possibility of one or two Enlightened Tutors in board in order to increase chances of snagging said card?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

What is the current list for the deck? I've heard alot of references to individual "lists" but nothing definite since the Fuds Tournament. All I can say is that in the current meta there is no reason not to run 4x Ground Seal and 4x Elephant Grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    what is the current list for the deck? I've heard alot of references to individual "lists". In the current meta there is no reason not to run 4xGround Seal and 4xGrass. I can't suggest much else at this point.
    Well, there's 20 land, which may or may not include sanctums. And 8 Enchantress effects. And maybe one or two Solitary Confinements. Maybe comething other than E-Grass to slow down creatures.

Then there's usually a win condition or two, and maybe something to bullet your opponent from winning, or from stopping you from winning.

Oh, and two replenishes.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    If we're running a lot of silver bullet cards in the 2 CMC range, is it worth investigating the possibility of one or two Enlightened Tutors in board in order to increase chances of snagging said card?
    I think I advocated that idea a few pages back of this thread. I ran it at the Fudd's NoVa tournament, and was very happy with its effectiveness, even if I personally played poorly.

I ran 2 in the SB, but 3 might be optimal. With targets like Spiritual Focus, Chill, Sacred Ground, Seal of Primordium, Ground Seal, Warmth, Chalice of the Void, Choke, Lifeforce, etc.

The strength of E. Tutor is in match-ups where you're forced to play the control role. The silver bullet strategy is bad in the MD because it slows down the deck's aggressiveness. But as a SB strategy where you know you're playing the control, it's very effective.

Banned
    Sep 2004
    fairfax VA

I am to lazy to look through the wntire thread so I am just gonna suggest it here. Has anyone tested Oblivion Ring? The card is a vindicate, and it is an enchantment. I dunno if it's any good but I am just putting it out there.

Sry for bad tying in school and in a hurry.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Well, there's 20 land, which may or may not include sanctums. And 8 Enchantress effects. And maybe one or two Solitary Confinements. Maybe comething other than E-Grass to slow down creatures.

Then there's usually a win condition or two, and maybe something to bullet your opponent from winning, or from stopping you from winning.

Oh, and two replenishes.
    Thanks for nothing, I'm fairly sure I knew all of that. And there should be atleast 3 confimenment. I guess I'll check back when there is an actual list to view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    Thanks for nothing, I'm fairly sure I knew all of that. And there should be atleast 3 confimenment. I guess I'll check back when there is an actual list to view.
    Be patient, Grasshopper. A little bird told me that my newest list might be mentioned in a SCG article on this Thursday, or next. I'm not sure, but word on the street was that it was submitted today. Maybe.

May 2006
    Lexington, KY

Hmm... I'm having a problem against a certain player. I'm running a WGr Enchantress and my opponent is running UB Control. We're about to have a local tournament and he beats me to the punch every time I play my Enchantress.

His combo relies on Brine Elemental and Vesuvan Shapeshifter. It may not seem like a lot but he is backing himself up with lots of counterspells and the fact that Brine Elemental's "Face-Up" ability does not target gets him past my Solitary Confinement.

I do have City of Solitude in my sideboard, which stops him from countering me but I have no way of removing those card combos once he lays them down. I thought Choke would help, considering those two creatures are Island heavy but he runs almost an entire deck of non-basic dual-color-capable lands. The only thing I could think of to add to this deck was Back to Basics, but that of course requires me to splash Blue.

Any suggestions? The Abyss is not an option considering it is quite expensive. The closest thing I could think of was City of Solitude -> Parallax Wave to get those creatures out of the game long enough for me to bust his face. It really bothers me that such a non-competitive combo is able to shut me down relatively quick.

~Kirei sora no Kuraiyami~

Jun 2007

Humility seems like a good idea. It doesn't affect Enchantress that much compared to creature-based decks.

Jul 2005
    Catalonia, Europe

Just kill the morphed creatures with Words of War and everything should be OK. If you have problems finding it, add some Enlightened Tutors in side.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullclamping View Post
    Just kill the morphed creatures with Words of War and everything should be OK. If you have problems finding it, add some Enlightened Tutors in side.
    I'm pretty sure that it'd be tough to just WOW a creature. Are you running black? Seal of Doom is a dandy answer, and so is The Abyss, if you're less budget-concious. If you're just doing the old Gwr list, Seal of Fire PWNs morphed creatures pretty hard.

Also, you're right - this combo seems so fragile that I'd just wait a week or two (I reckon you're playing at locals, I can't see how this would be even a little competitive), and let it get hated-out.

Well, wizards gave us Oblivion Ring which will help you to stop/delay your opponents combo, too.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Faluzure -

Um. Humility if you see a lot of Aluren or other creature based combo, or Carpet of Flowers if you see a lot of blue.

May 2006
    Lexington, KY

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Faluzure -

Um. Humility if you see a lot of Aluren or other creature based combo, or Carpet of Flowers if you see a lot of blue.
    Nice nice. I didn't even know Carpet of Flowers existed.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Carpet of Flowers - Serene Rebecca Guay art for those days when you just wish Stasis players would fucking die.

Seriously though, beyond its Stasis-smashing skills, it's not that great. It's ok, but Choke and Multani's Presence and Replenish all do it better. It's a fairly narrow hoser.

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...cle/14837.html

For Discussion:

EPIC 5C Enchantress — Zach Tartell

1 Taiga
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    5 Forest
    2 Bayou
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Tropical Island
    3 Savannah

4 Argothian Enchantress

1 Moat
    2 Ground Seal
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Seal of Doom
    2 Replenish
    1 City of Solitude
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Words of War
    1 Sacred Mesa
    3 Solitary Confinement
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Exploration
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 The Abyss
    4 Elephant Grass

Sideboard
    2 Karmic Justice
    2 Choke
    2 Chill
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Humility
    1 Dovescape
    1 Aura of Silence

(I will comment a little more later on when i am less tired/more awake and have something worth while to say)

That's a fine looking list. I'll bet the guy who put that together gets laid like all the time, and is wicked rich.

I'll play in a local tomorrow and the EPIC DLD on sunday, and write a report about.... wednesday. Don't hold your breath.

Thread Information