Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Sight Cards

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Future Sight Cards

Yeah, not many have been spolied yet, but there are a few:

Elf Spellshaper G
    G tap, Discard a card: Put a 1/1 Green Elf druid creature token named Llanowar Elves into play "with Tap: Add G to your mana pool."
    1/1
    Uncommon

Sliver Legion WUBRG

Legendary Creature - Sliver
    All Sliver creatures get +1/1 for each other Sliver in play.
    7/7
    Rare

Sprout Swarm 1G
    Instant
    Convoke
    Buyback 3
    Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play

Akroma's Memorial 7
    Legendary Artifact
    Creatures you control gain Flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black, and protection from red.

This is all from mtgsalvation.com

None powerful enough for Legacy, I don't think. I like Sprout Swarm though, it could possibly be a finisher in some sort of UG control deck (outside Legacy).
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

Re: Future Sight Cards

I think Sprout Swarm could do some rediculous things in Limited games where one deck is stalling until they get Sprout Swarm going and then clog the board with tokens (Buyback + Convoke work so well together when your spell is make creatures...).

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

Opposition will love that shit.
    Now playing real formats.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

So would Intruder Alarm .
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

So would Pyroclasm
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Bah. Pyroclasm is sorcery speed, and you'd obviously be running Concordant Crossroads. They'd have to bust out some sort of Hail/Sandstorm bullshit to hose you.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

You guys are such pessimists. I think Sprout Swarm will be really good, because what if your opponent has Solitary Confinement-lock out? Then it's like you've got nothing better to do with your creatures except tap them to make a new 1/1 each turn anyway!
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Nah, then you just go infinite with Food Chain and kill them with one gigantic Maga, Traitor to Mortals .
    -Slay

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Nah, then you just go infinite with Food Chain and kill them with one gigantic Maga, Traitor to Mortals .
    Actually, I absolutely loved killing CAL players in Extended with 4x Kokusho straight through their Confinement.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Actually, I absolutely loved killing CAL players in Extended with 4x Kokusho straight through their Confinement.
    You didn't do that all at once, right?

If the red spellshaper makes Spark Elementals, as rumored, that'll be sweet in my BR madness deck. Here's hoping they give us a red Wild Mongrel varient or something.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

I'm (naturally) excited at the prospect of a spellshaper that makes Metallic Slivers. Useless land? Nah, it's a 3/4 beater. I doubt it's a sliver itself though, so it would likely have a very short lifespan...
    -Slay

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    You didn't do that all at once, right?
    I'm not sure what that exactly means. Anyway, it happened while I was trying out Extended Dragonstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    I'm not sure what that exactly means. Anyway, it happened while I was trying out Extended Dragonstorm.
    I mean, you didn't plop all four into play at once to one-hit KO them. If it's Dragonstorm, though...I was thinking something more along the lines of Living Death, but that's not in Extended, so I wasn't sure how you could get them all in play at once like that. Forgot about Dragonstorm, though.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how you think you're going to go infinite with the card and Food Chain, and nothing's coming to me. Tap four creatures and pay a mana to.... get one mana? HAWT!

Did you mean Intruder Alarm?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how you think you're going to go infinite with the card and Food Chain, and nothing's coming to me. Tap four creatures and pay a mana to.... get one mana? HAWT!

Did you mean Intruder Alarm?
    You have me there. What I meant was use Food Chain in addition to the Intruder Alarm combo I mentioned earlier to power out a huge ass Maga. Now you just need a way to translate infinite creatures into infinite card draw (Stroke?) and/or tutoring for Maga, and you have yourself one hell of a (terribly fragile) combo deck!

edit: You know, none of these ideas are probably remotely viable in Legacy, but since Intruder Alarm was reprinted in 8th, someone could totally make a Sprout Swarm/Intruder Alarm/Phyrexian Altar/Skyscribing/Maga combo deck for Extended. If you couldn't deck them without decking yourself, you just draw your deck and drop a Maga. It could totally work...right?
    -Slay

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    I mean, you didn't plop all four into play at once to one-hit KO them. If it's Dragonstorm, though...I was thinking something more along the lines of Living Death, but that's not in Extended, so I wasn't sure how you could get them all in play at once like that. Forgot about Dragonstorm, though.
    You could do that with Patriarch's Bidding too. I think you could find a Kokusho Bidding list in several Extended boards, but it's not a very good deck - it essentially combines the weaknesses of both Dragonstorm and Elemental Bidding.

With infinite creatures you can use Altar of Dementia or Goblin Bombardment pretty well. That's how the Mirage/Tempest era Mesacraft decks worked before they decided Earthcraft was a little too good.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Or you could kill them all with Diamond Valley, one turn at a time! Yes! combo!

It's like fountain of youth with two cards!

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

If you want to go the infinite life route, you could always just have a Soul/Essence Warden in play when you get all your tokens.

So that's infinite creatures, infinite life, infinite damage, infinite life loss....sounds pretty tech, I'll drum up a list later .
    -Slay

Treshplayer
    Dec 2003
    VA

All these win conditions sound narrow, fragile, and hard to assemble. Too bad there isn't any other way to use creatures to win the game, like some game action that would let you do one damage for every 1/1 you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. nitewolf "Professor" 9, Ph.D. View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.

Thread Information