Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Sight Cards

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Re: Future Sight Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Wwoooooooooow that thing looks soooo gay. It's like they're trying to change Magic into Yugioh or something. Honestly what do they do for the casting cost of something like 1RGBWU? Wrap it around the entire fucking picture?

Honestly I think Mark Rosewater is on fucking heroin or something.
    QFT. And I honestly think that they're trying to imitate the VS system. And they should stop.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Blech!! *Vomits all over keyboard* WTF is wrong with these idiots?
    info.ninja

On one expensive diet
    Jul 2005
    Las Vegas

I like when they switch up card frames a little. As long as they don't do it too much, otherwise it might get a little obnoxious.

I think it should slow down after this block.

Member-ish
    Feb 2006
    Manila

I won't be surprised if I see card names like "Shining Shadow Magician of the Nether Realm" and "Flying Bazooka XYZ of Doom" in the future.

I wish they just used the PC-shifted frames instead.
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by kicks_422 View Post
    I wish they just used the PC-shifted frames instead.
    Everyone does.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Yeah, those frames...yuck.

+1 to using the PC frames. Hot.

If they print a series of 0cc tutors, I will probably pick up 4 of the Blue, Black, and Red ones. I mean, within reason. Even if the Blue and/or Black ones are 0cc Draw some cards, I will pick up a set. I somehow doubt that they will be any good, though....add 8 0cc card draw/tutor/storm spell with decent ability cards to TES or TJS (yeah, necro-ed that!), and bad things might happen.

Useless until you try to combo, and if you fizzle you lose...but a 0cc tutor seems terribly strong.
    InfoNinjas

That other Stax guy
    Dec 2004
    Germany

My first guess as to why they'd want to print the Futureshifted cards that way was so you can see the cc when you fan open your hand of cards. Then I realized that I already do it so I can see the cc (top card to the left, bottom card to the right) so this change of the cardframe would really suck for me not only because it looks bad but because I'll get problems sorting (or even looking at) the cards in my hand :(
    Hope they'll never do this cardframe again ever
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Insert Clever Adjetives Here
    Jun 2006
    Austin Texas

Yeah they would definatly not print whole new sets like that especially if it gets negative feedback. Probably just testing the waters.
    The Firebrothers
    Scrubbing out of tournements since 2005.

"Large in the margin
    my drama unfolds behind closed doors...."

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Zur View Post
    All these win conditions sound narrow, fragile, and hard to assemble. Too bad there isn't any other way to use creatures to win the game, like some game action that would let you do one damage for every 1/1 you have.
    Mob Justice
    Pandemonium
    Goblin Bombardment

How and when did you want to do the damage?

I bet the other 0cc cards aren't tutors. Anything other than tutoring for creatures or lands for free seems waaaaaay too broken to me, especially seeing as they reprinted storm cards.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

does the green tutor hold a place in cloud of faeries-snap-freeze decks? You're playing it during your turn, it contributes to the storm count and fetches cloud for free. You don't lose till your next turn, and if you've combo'ed off by that point, who the heck cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it is my wording that has made you unpleasant. My fears were something like Angel Stompy ruling Legacy.

Undefined Fantastic Object

Oct 2006
    Waterloo, Canada

If Wizards brings so-called futureshifted flame in future, I'll quit magic. Really. What the F%^* is that?

The tutors look dangerous. Hopely blue and black one is not retardedly broken.
    She said, "You're broken."
    "So is your face." replied the Tarmogoyf.

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

I actually don't mind the Futureshifted border other than the mana symbol obviously being in the wrong place. Changing where to look for casting costs on certain cards is going to drive me nuts. That said, I don't think this is going to recieve the "standing ovation" that the PC planeshifted borders recieved, I think it'll be a disaster, and hope they learn that messing with the status quo too much isn't a good thing.

As far as the 0cc Tutor Cycle goes, I'm not at all convinced it's a Tutor cycle. A cycle sure, the same way Ancestral Vision, Restore Balance, Hyper-Genesis, etc were a cycle. I highly doubt there'll be anything along the lines of:

Search for Enchantment/Artifact and put it in your hand
    Search for Enchantment/Artifact and put it in your hand
    pay 2WW at your next upkp or LOSE!

Search for any card and put it in your hand
    Search for any card and put it in your hand
    Lose half your life
    pay 2BB at your next upkp or LOSE!

Really? Ok, I'll DT paying half my life instead of mana and win on the spot. It even adds to my storm count? Frickin Sweet!

Of all the original Mirage/Visions card disadvantage tutors, the only one not on a banned or restricted list is Worldly Tutor... Basically I don't see them reprinting cards that are currently on any format's B/B&R list anytime soon as that sends to wrong message to the players.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

RTFC.

Search your library for a green creature card.

That is all.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Agreed, the new shifted card border looks awful...but what better vehicle to test a concept in than a small subset of cards in the third set of a block? Would you rather they tried in a base set or an entire block? This allows them to gauge reaction with no real long term damage. As for the tutor, thank goodness it is a green creature as it could combo-hideousness otherwise (Tivadar's Faerie Freeze, Kobold-Glimpse, Salvagers-Game can use it but it is a gamble, fucking Goblins......).
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Worst character ever
    Sep 2004
    Newton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    Agreed, the new shifted card border looks awful...but what better vehicle to test a concept in than a small subset of cards in the third set of a block? Would you rather they tried in a base set or an entire block? This allows them to gauge reaction with no real long term damage. As for the tutor, thank goodness it is a green creature as it could combo-hideousness otherwise (Tivadar's Faerie Freeze, Kobold-Glimpse, Salvagers-Game can use it but it is a gamble, fucking Goblins......).
    There's areason focus groups are standard practices for marketing, and that's avoiding hideously drug-inspired crap like the new borders.

This shit is almost identical to Legend of the Five Rings, and it looked liek crap too.
    -Slay
    OH SHIT THERES A HORSE IN THE HOSPITAL

Team Slay and Lego: Slay your a tool and your glasses are almost as GAY as your retarded snitch of a boyfriend Lego. Lego focus on your own game you are a fucking clown and should have heard the rediculous amount of people saying how much of a dick you were being and what kind of a fool you are. I laugh at you two. Seriously you both need attitude adjustments. I have never encountered a larger pair of pussy bitches in my whole life.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Wow. I think that I'm officially the only person who likes that card face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Wow. I think that I'm officially the only person who likes that card face.
    I like it too :/

Anyway, does anyone else get the feeling that the white one will fetch creature enchantments? White seems like it wants to do that a lot recently. Now all they have to do is print good creature enchantments, and we're set!
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Bryant Cook

Skimming this thread, I saw what I thought was the black 0cc tutor. OMFG I almost creamed my pants... I hate you Dave.

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Tombstalker 6bb (Timeshifted)
    Creature Rare
    Flying
    Delve (You may remove any number of cards in your graveyard from the game as you play this spell. It costs 1 less to play for each card removed this way.)
    5/5

Intervention Pact 0
    Instant Rare
    Intervention Pact is white.
    The next time a source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage. You gain life equal to the damage prevented this way.
    At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 1ww. If you don't, you lose the game.

Rift Elemental r
    Creature-Elemental common
    1r, Remove a time counter from a permanent you control of suspended card you own: Rift elemental gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
    1/1

The white card is nifty, and it is a cycle but not tutors. Delve could be a really strong ability on the right card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
    Ya, your such an amazing player iOwn (should be changed to iPwn FTW) you surpass me with your amazing chalice 1 skillzorz

Thread Information