Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: DTBF Philosophy & Deck Selection

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: DTBF Philosophy & Deck Selection

February 2017 Update

Grumble grumble grumble Eldrazi grumble grumble. Ok look, the Tax man is back, the Eldrazi are the least of our issues.

We are back in some kind of stride. Another solid month and a good showing for the format. 2654 for last month alone, no carry over with a cut off at 122. This leaves me with no choice but to enact emergency measures and drop the cut to 74 for no personal biased reason whatsoever...
    Anyway, we have a cut to top 6 this month, the list includes

• Death and Taxes
    • Miracles
    • Bug Control (Both Leo and Shardless)
    • Sneak Attack
    • Team America (BUG Delver)
    • Eldrazi

Goodnight Grixis, we barely knew thee, hello Death and Taxes, I would rather not know thee... Oh and BUG is here to stay. Lets hope the Eldrazi find some bug spray next to that cup they keep sharing around the place.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2013

March 2017 Update

So, besides the Lord deciding my state needed to be underwater and then me being stuck on a mobile because the infrastructure all went to shit, I am still alive and tonight I am not limited to a mobile. Woot I can update shit.

I am liking this thing we have going on here Legacy. You keep turning out months of decent data AND I got to watch a Painter Deck on SCG this month. Let's keep this going girl. I promise that thing with Vintage and I, it's just a fling.

Anyhow. 2136 total, topping at 98 points. This means we have a pool of five decks with Infect just missing the cut for sixth place. Still its not bad. Feels like we are on a roll again.
    • Miracles
    • Death and Taxes
    • Sneak Attack
    • Eldrazi
    • ANT
    • Infect

BUG falls from grace and we get ANT in to replace her. I should make a joke here about a bugs life or something, but its too cheap a shot to take. Plus Antz was the better movie.

Edit:
    I missed the Infect section separate from Stompy. Infect makes the grade, we have 6 decks.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 04-18-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2013

April 2017 Update

A cord swiftly pulled
    A destiny to brave
    To find in the future
    The power we crave

To see one's own fate
    Held in an object often spun
    A gift some adored
    But not equally by everyone

Its demise for many
    A dream, a miracle
    But the others cried no
    Yet the data, empirical
    She stood tall and proud
    Above all that would test
    There became only two;
    Top dog, and the rest

A sign from the masses
    "Please make it to stop"
    Now the metal sits rested
    That once mighty Top

For her long lasting Legacy
    Shall be sung into lore
    But now this eternal mistress
    She will spin for us no more

This is the final month that Legacy had Top legal. So that means this month's data still includes Miracles. 294 points worth. Another first place, one final crown.

The total for the month was 2634, topping at 5 decks with a cut off at 121. This means our round up would be for this month the following:

• Miracles
    • Death and Taxes
    • Eldrazi
    • Sneak Attack
    • Grixis Tempo

But just this one time, since we are removing from the DTB section Miracles I am going to remove the 294 points she held and recalculate. When I do that we end up with 2340 with a cutoff of 108. That means in this most odd of situations we have:

• Death and Taxes
    • Eldrazi
    • Sneak Attack
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Food Chain
    • Infect

No matter how you may feel about this banning or this change, Legacy will carry on. We have been here before when Survival took a hit and we made it past that. For those of you who feel lost and unsure of what you should do next, the thread is not closed, it sits in the New and Developmental Decks section of this site. As does many other ideas, new and old, that many are seeking to try. Take your moment to grieve and then turn your eyes on tomorrow. Take those years of honing your skills with control and direct it into something fresh. It was not overnight that Miracles was built and it will not be overnight something new is found.

Mar 2013

May 2017 Update

A whole new world
    A new fantastic point of view
    No one to tell us no... Oh wait, DNT, Lands and Blade. Never mind. Control is still a thing.

Welcome to the brave new world of Legacy. We never again will have to worry about Terminus, about Entreat or about getting Predicted... Oh shit, I just saw the online meta...

The total for the month was 2825, so we have a cut to top 8 this month. Nice.

• Grixis Tempo
    • ANT
    • Death and Taxes
    • UR Burn (UR Delver)
    • Elves!
    • Sneak Attack
    • LANDS!
    • Blade Control

Well, that's quite the change. Looks like something big must have happened of late to turn the format on it's head. We lost Miracles!, Infect, Eldrazi and Food Chain. We get in return ANT, Delver, Elves!, Lands (Oorah) and Blade Control. BUG just missed the cut. All in all a good month.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 07-16-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Mar 2013

June 2017 Update

So, um, that was unexpected.

Well, who could have predicted this? I find it quite hard to explain how this bloody deck won't just rest in peace. Take out top, the dam thing just snaps back after a short time to brainstorm and unexpectedly, a short flusterstorm of activity later and we are all back to basics. Ok I will stop now.

3004 is the total, 138 is the cut. At that point we have 5 decks.
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Sneak Attack
    • UR Burn (UR Delver)
    • ANT
    • Miracle Control

And that was short lived. Miracles is um... Back? Shit. Lands, Blade and Elves is gone, Grixis is king by far. The more things change...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    It only took a banning but Miracles finally gets an updated primer
    And right on time.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 07-20-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Mar 2013

July 2017 Update

Well, say what you will about Grixis, it knew where to find the BUG spray.

After the banning of top the prediction was that BUG would take over the format, that Decay would ramp up and DRS would take over the place. Meatloaf got at least two out of three, we cant even match that loafy goal.

3 is the total, 148 is the cut. This leaves us with 6 decks, one of them Lands! Makes me happy, and I am not biased at all.
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Death and Taxes
    • Blade Control
    • Lands!
    • Czech Pile (T/C 4c Control)
    • Sneak Attack

Wow thats a shake up. ANT, Delver and Miracles all leave and in their place we get the whole middle of the pack. I have not seen such a shakeup in a long time. Other than one top deck, the meta seems to be shifting around a lot, still looking for it's footing.

Mar 2013

August 2017 Update

To those of you dealing with the weather in the top half of the planet, I hope you, your families and your cards are alright.

We lose Lands and keep SnT? Wow, this month really was harsh.

Total points for the month is 2014, cutting us off just under 93 points for a top slot. We find ourselves dropping to 5 but I will not complain at any point I get to move Elves into the DTB.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Sneak Attack
    • Elves!
    • Death and Taxes

Out goes Blade (didn't miss by much) and Lands. In goes the green menace. Enjoy your DnT flavored meal boys.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 10-16-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Mar 2013

September 2017 Update

If you have not seen Blade Runner yet you are a terrible person. Well, maybe not that bad, but you really should.

One down and one up.

A big month, 2607 points in total. One of the larger we have seen in a while. The cut is at 120, leaving us with 5 decks. 3 others only just missing the cut by only 10 or so points. Quite a tight DTB this month.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Death and Taxes
    • ANT
    • Elves!

So the SnT boys drop and we get the ANT nest back. Does anyone know where I left the Raid ant bait? Asking for a Lands sideboard.

Mar 2013

October 2017 Update

All hail October, the 8th month of the year... I hate the calendar.

I love wide open fields.

3058 points for the month. A great showing. Sadly though with a cut of 141 we end up with only 4 decks.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Eldrazi Stompy
    • Death and Taxes

We have found ourselves once again all Touched by His Noodly Appendage as the Eldrazi return. ANT, Elves and my wish to see Leo around anymore have all dropped out of sight.

Mar 2013

November 2017 Update

Star Wars, because when your going to show the best fuck you ever put to cinema, make it silent and let the impact set in. Seriously folks, watch it. Its a masterclass in how to frame and light a scene. Also, Merry Christmas all. May you get at least the day off.

So the story of the month is that control deck that got a card banned from it, its um, kicking arse? Oh and Lands is back. That's really important too.
    3256 is the total for the month, 145 is the cut. That leaves us with a more healthy 6 decks.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Eldrazi Stompy
    • Miracle Control
    • Lands!
    • ANT

DnT we hardly knew thee. Please stay dead, at least for now... God I hate Basic Lands. Lands seemed like a sure thing. 6 out of the top 22 decks in that SCG thing that happened but who's counting? ANT is nice too. At least we know the Cthulhu crowd can't keep them down.

Mar 2013

December 2017 Update

Better late than never right guys?

Grixis at under 300? Miracles in second place? Well shit.

2595, a cut off of 119. That leaves us with 6 decks.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Miracle Control
    • Lands!
    • Eldrazi Stompy
    • Sneak Attack

ANT for SnT? I miss ANT already.

Mar 2013

January 2018 Update

Well, 2018 is here. We made it.

I for one celebrate the return of the great deck Lands with 171 making the cut off of 173 by the skin of it... NOOOO!

3762 for the month, that is really quite a sizable number. The cut off is 173 with a total of 8 decks for the month:

• Grixis Tempo
    • Death and Taxes
    • Miracle Control
    • Sneak Attack
    • Eldrazi
    • Elves!
    • Turbo Depths

DnT, Elves and What? Ok, look, I want to make something very very clear. We should all worship her dark name but they... THEY ARE HERETICS! Oh sorry, I meant Turbo Depths.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 02-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Mar 2013

February 2018 Update

Once upon a time there was this Red two drop. People thought he was cool but not strong enough to make it in the format called Legacy. But this two drop he never gave up. After working for years at proving his worth he would finally realise his dream and become a force in the format all by himself. Oh and the banning of Top may have helped. This tale of triumph against the odds would be a heartwarming story if not for... well the rest of the fucking format.

We hit 3317 points, not as much as last month but still quite the showing. This means that the cut off is at 153 and gives us a total of 7 decks for the month.

• Grixis Tempo
    • Death and Taxes
    • Miracle Control
    • Team America (BUG Delver)
    • Eldrazi
    • Elves!

Show and Tell bites it, as do those blasted HERETICS!... Sorry, I will calm myself. SnT and Depths bite it for the month and welcome back Team America? Ok, did not see that coming.

Mar 2013

March 2018 Update

Grixis is still on top. Shocking I know.

A large month with 4298 points. One of the bigger ones I have seen. The cut is 198. Wow that is a really high cut off. It leaves us with 6 decks. Elves just missing the top tables here.
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Miracle Control
    • Death and Taxes
    • Dragon Stompy (What?)
    • ANT

So say goodnight to BUG Delver, Eldrazi and Elves and in their place ANT and Bloodmoon? Shit.

Mar 2013

April 2018 Update

Give me a G! Give me an R!...

3723 this month with a cut off of 171. I like these large months. This leaves us with 6 decks.
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Miracle Control
    • Death and Taxes
    • Turbo Depths
    • ANT

Simple month, Stompy for Depths. Nothing to see her.

Mar 2013

May 2018 Update

Sorry I'm late. Work has been busy.

3498 total points. Cutting off at 161. This means we have 5 decks with Lands just missing out. Dam.
    • Miracle Control
    • Grixis Tempo
    • Turbo Depths
    • Dragon Stompy

Lose ANT and DnT, gain Stompy again.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 07-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

June 2018 Update

Another month, another update. For now at least, this one matters not moving forward.

Adding images with my phone is apparently not very friendly. So Dicebox needs to fix this. (Done) 3154 total points, cutting off at 145. This means we have 5 decks:

• Grixis Tempo
    • Miracle Control
    • Death and Taxes
    • Dragon Stompy

Death and taxes added and Turbo Depths is knocked off.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 07-22-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Mar 2013

July 2018 Update

Sorry I am late, missed what the date was.
    Edit: I may have updated wrong. And by may I mean did.

So we total to 3571 this month, a nice amount. The cut is 164. This was the month that the banns took place, so while some of this data is pre ban most of it is post. (Was legal for 6 days of this cycle.) That leaves us with only 5 decks and they are...

• Miracle Control
    • Death and Taxes
    • Sneak and Show
    • Blade Control
    • RUG Delver

Ok, so after fucking up the first update (Sorry) let me do this right this time.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 08-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Mar 2013

August 2018 Update

I think I might actually be starting to fear my own shadow. I mean its killing everything.

8 decks this month. 8. Nice. Less points then has been the norm of late sadly, only 2854. With a cut off at 131 we have:

• UBx Shadow
    • Death and Taxes
    • Grixis Control
    • Grixis Pyro
    • Sneak and Show
    • Lands
    • Miracle Control
    • Blade Control

Grixis takes top spot for just not fucking dying. Legacy, that format where even bannings don't stop you from pounding people with decks. Save for Ominshow but lets not talk about Dig.

Mar 2013

September 2018 Update

Dagon is back, we all love Dagon in this town.

We have a cut at 131 from a total of 2852. With that the total nets us 5 decks. But ANT is just a point shy of the cut so I am adding it too. It more or less made it across the line too.

• Grixis Control
    • Miracle Control
    • UBx Shadow
    • Death and Taxes
    • Eldrazi
    • Ad Nauseam Tendrils

So we get Dagon and ANT, we lose Pyro, SnT, Lands (boo) and Blade. Not all that much change all told over the last month. Other that Shadow slipping some.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 11-17-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Thread Information