Page 51 of 310 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 6196

Thread: [DTB] Vial Goblins

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Re: [DTB] Vial Goblins

By the way, Sensation Gorger is awful.

Parity effects are only good when you have a way to take advantage of them that your opponent doesn't. Vial Goblins doesn't have said way to take advantage. Therefore Sensation Gorger is trash. Oh, and, card for card, is there a deck in Legacy that plays worse cards than Vial Goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Oh, and, card for card, is there a deck in Legacy that plays worse cards than Vial Goblins?
    Threshold.

Edit: oh, yeah, substance.

Sensation Gorger is just screaming "Break me!" But I don't think it's gonna happen in legacy. Not gonna lie, plucking four cards a turn sounds sexy.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    Threshold
    Not even close. Thresh has "Basic Land - Island", and those alone are more broken than anything in Vial Gobs. :lol:

Jan 2008
    Birmingham, AL

Quick question for those of you playing r/b, how are you dealing with plagues, deeds, and other nasty enchants? Also how are people dealing with breakfast?
    Meta I am in still has enough goblin hate in it to screw me over. I'm playing 3 color with grips right now, but some games I just cant get a grip out. My friend also runs a 2 color breakfast which is a real pain, so seeking knowledge on this as well.

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

vs E Plague: 1 Mad Auntie MD, 3 SB. Tutorable guys (that swing) that negate otherwise do-nothing enchants that must be topdecked > E Plagues

vs Deed: lay a driver, lay a cheif, matron for auntie or keep a matron/ringleader in-hand. Also, they WILL have to tap out to bust deed (CMC 4/5 for SCG or Ringleader) you probably win after this happens. tldr; dont overcommit. Apply pressure, they tap out for two turns to reset the board. Haste > tapped out GB player not playing FoW

vs Breakfast: Be in the X-0 bracket, you'll be playing good combo like TES and grim iggy,not psuedo combo BS like breakfast. If Breakfast is domanant in your MU, 4 fanatics main and possibly a few incinerators. Wierdings. Leylines in the side if you really must. Tinkerer/tin street their vial. Win fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Phasing is absurdly complicated. Did you know that if a token phases out with Equipment attached to it, the Equipment phases out, the token will cease to exist and the Equipment will never phase back in?

Well, now you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Media314r8 View Post
    "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jan 2008
    Birmingham, AL

Ya i started out using 4 leylines, but if I don't get it on opening hand, they are pretty much 4 wasted slots in the sb.

i had completely missed shattering spree, i forsee dropping green :)

slowly you get far
    Jan 2008
    Slovenia

try needle for breakfast
    test it, buy it, play it

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by savemysoul View Post
    try needle for breakfast
    I guess you could needle vial to slow them, but you'd better have about 10 needles, as they run 4+ different en-kor creatures, and the illusianist's ability is triggered, not activated.
    Phasing is absurdly complicated. Did you know that if a token phases out with Equipment attached to it, the Equipment phases out, the token will cease to exist and the Equipment will never phase back in?

Well, now you do.
    "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jan 2008
    Birmingham, AL

I know on some versions of breakfast, needle on kiki helps. It keeps them from cloning sky hussar.

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

Oh, are you talking about full english breakfast or cephalid breakfast? Both are pretty poor in the current meta, but ceph is T1.5 as it does have Force, daze, vial, and goyf as a backup plan. Full english hasn't been played (or placed, I should say) in any recent large tournaments I can recall, probably an aspiring Tier 2 deck.

EDIT: just remembered that I'm posting in a goblins thread.

Don't play needle in your goblins SB unless you're expecting a lot of survival/alluren (still weak)/deed in your meta. Combo-hate is more necessary than winning more against decks you already have decent MUs with.

Well, now you do.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I guess you could needle vial to slow them, but you'd better have about 10 needles, as they run 4+ different en-kor creatures, and the illusianist's ability is triggered, not activated.
    Most of the builds I see run only two. 4 Nomads En-Kor and a single Shaman En-Kor.

I think you're seriously underestimating Needle. It won't shut down Cephalophalid Breakfast by itself, but not much does, and it's fantastic at solving a ton of problems RB can't handle otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I think you're seriously underestimating Needle.
    Agreed.

Landstill - Pernicious Deed, Manlands
    Breakfast - Nomads En-Kor
    Survival - Survival
    Aggroloam - Seismic Assault
    Aluren - Cavern Harpy
    X Stompy - Jitte

Solves alot of problem cards like Deeds, Jittes and Assault are those decks answers to weenie swarms. Survival and Breakfast engines sort of flop when you needle them. Needling Top is sort of underwhelming, but I probably wouldn't board it in against Thresh.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    Aggroloam - Seismic Assault
    If you're going to play Needle in the board, I highly recommend studying the crap out of the major decks and learing what you can needle. For example, it is often the right move to needle the cycling lands in loam, or the Morph creatures in whatever.

Also, while you should almost never preemtively needle Jitte, you should def name Sword of Fire and Ice ASAP as once it is attached, needle will do nothing (unless you kill the now pro:red creature).

Know your cards, and know their decks and needle will be a great tool.
    I've never seen him so upset....or ever before.

Mar 2007
    RI

If they are playing 4 Forgotten Cave and 3 Tranquil Thicket this seems like sort of a blind guess. If you Needle one and they get the other than you pretty much wasted the Needle. Even w/o Cycling lands if they have been shut off an Loam in yard and an Assult on the board means Goblin's is getting Wrath'd every turn, just by foregoing one's draw for dredge and returning 3 land to hand. If you Needle Assault they having Burning Wish and Dev Dreams as there only answers for board clearing effects and you've Needle'd out a win con.

Also most lists I've seen of Dragon Stompy have moved to Light and Shadow rather than Fire and Ice, since it doesn't wreck hellbent. I guess if game 1 you saw Fire and Ice, yea you'd name that.

Know your cards, and know their decks and needle will be a great tool.

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

Morph can't be needled, it is a game rule, not an activated ability. See haterator.dec (unmorphing exalted with dampening matrix in play) and TS block constructed and willbending split-second spells. If you're boarding in hate for Loam's CA and boarding out goblins, you're losing. I agree with survival and deed, but loam, breakfast, and alluren hardly have problems dealing with needle, so boarding out guys to deal a tempo blow to them seems poor. (about half of deed decks also run vindicate, and will probably vindi your needle before blowing up the over-committed board)

I respect both Phantom and Taco, but knowing rules > laying down a four-of 'hate' card in your sideboard and hoping your opponent will scoop em up. (esp in the case of a morph.)

Don't get me wrong, I love me some needle, I have 1 MD and 1 SB in FS and 3 SB in Tog, but I really think there are better options in an aggro deck like goblins with no trinket mage, ect to tutor for/draw it. (needle is not a goblin)

Well, now you do.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

So, how to build a good sb for Rb? Maybe we can agree on the basis of building a good Rb goblins' side.

- 3-4 Aunties (depending if you play 1 MD)
    - 4 Graveyard hate (Tormods or Leylines)
    - 4 Discard suite (Therapy/duress/thoughtseize)
    - 3-4 Slots depending on meta. This could be Needle, (magus of the) Blood moon, Shriekmaw, Terminate, Smother, Pyrokinesis, Perish, EE, more discard, more grave-hate, Shattering Spree, more tinkerers, sharpshooter, etc.

Are we agreeing on that? Remember it's straight Rb, no green splash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

I've actually been considering oafelsnout for the goblins SB, as you can vial or flash him out in response to a dread return to fizzle their target and rfg thier bridges, and I don't forsee them 'playing it safe' and slowrolling goblins. He can also be flashed out to rfg a dredger, DA, or return if they do therapy you. Seems fine, if only he were a goblin... then again, he's a better topdeck than leyline and he doesn't mind being bounced.

I really think the discard should be thorns or Chalices, or some combination of both in the remaining slots, as discard just doesnt do much against TES or IGGY, matches you really, REALLY need to win games 2 and 3 of. (them having brainstorm or bob + your discard = not a combo) Most combo (save for alluren and life in some cases, but not as prevalant as storm) can recover from discard pretty quickly, things like thorn and chalice for 0/1 they really have to deal with before they can storm off. This gives you the time you need to kill. Chalice is my weapon of choice (with my controversial 4 thorns MD) as it doesnt cost you any tempo to set at 0, and if they DO wish for shattering, then if you've drawn another, you can usually drop it before they untap and resume their attempt to combo, again for 0 mana.

Well, now you do.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Are you having problems beating Breakfast? I can give you a hint: Turn 1 Mountain, Fanatic, go.

Of course, you guys are cutting him for Sledder or some shit, so I can see how that would be an issue.

Jan 2008
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Are you having problems beating Breakfast? I can give you a hint: Turn 1 Mountain, Fanatic, go.

Of course, you guys are cutting him for Sledder or some shit, so I can see how that would be an issue.
    ah no shit you dont say...

hmm whats that daze, oh fow, oh stp, shall i continue?

but ya i md 4 fanatics still.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

I've actually been considering oafelsnout for the goblins SB, as you can vial or flash him out in response to a dread return to fizzle their target and rfg thier bridges, and I don't forsee them 'playing it safe' and slowrolling goblins. He can also be flashed out to rfg a dredger, DA, or return if they do therapy you. Seems fine, if only he were a goblin... then again, he's a better topdeck than leyline and he doesn't mind being bounced.
    Actually, Vialing him won't do anything. Killing him after vialing will. Note it's "when leaves play", not "when comes into play". Play Stonecloaker. Ok, just kidding.
    Keep moon-walking.

Thread Information