Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Hulk Flash

Dec 2006
    Illinois

Re: [Discussion] Hulk Flash

<-- Hoping this gets banned so we don't all mirror match all day...
    anyway...
    I just wanted to point out if nobody else has noticed. Flash was the card of the day on April 19th, 2007...and this is what it said under it on the WOTC site:
    Flash Card of the Day - Thursday, April 19, 2007
    Mirage rare. Flash is an amazingly cool idea with a terrible template and low power level, both of which are vastly improved by Time Spiral block flash creatures like Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Sulfur Elemental, and Bogardan Hellkite. Another modern descendant of Flash is the "Flash for Sorceries," Quicken, which also vastly improves on the original Flash's template and power level.

Just thought I'd give us all a laugh :: Read: Tear ::

- Chris

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Forsythe's article is up. No mention of Hulk Flash yet :(
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

... For the mirror
    May 2006
    MN

I have to imagine that he has recieved about three hundred emails a day for the past week or so in regards to Hulk Flash and in spite of all that chose to do and say nothing about it. Even if it doesn't warrant emergency bannings, which in my opinion it does, it AT THE VERY LEAST warrants an honorable mention to the stupid horse shit type two stuff Wizards has been pushing all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    Also, would everyone please stop posting awful lists without Counterbalance in them? Thanks.
    Team IcBE-
    The orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us.
    Team KegStand- No worthwhile tagline

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    2x Kiki
    2x Karmic Guide
    2x Carrion Feeder

Is only six slots. The Skyknights are completely unnecessary. It shouldn't take up more than six slots if you want the double redundancy.
    Five. It can be done just as easily with 1x Kiki, 1x Guide, 1x Summoner's Egg, and 2x Carrion Feeder. If you have the Guide in hand, Hulk grabs Egg/Carrion Feeder. If you have Kiki in hand, the second Hulk grabs Egg instead of Kiki.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Also, interestingly, a guy posted in his thread complaining that there was no mention of the Legacy problem, and now the post isn't there anymore. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    But if I get a fresh shipment of lesbians in, you're in good shape.
    I don't think you quite understand what a lesbian is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Look, it's a picture of Daze!
    Jan 2007
    Vienna, Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Five. It can be done just as easily with 1x Kiki, 1x Guide, 1x Summoner's Egg, and 2x Carrion Feeder. If you have the Guide in hand, Hulk grabs Egg/Carrion Feeder. If you have Kiki in hand, the second Hulk grabs Egg instead of Kiki.
    Summoner's Egg is great tech, because IF you draw a hand full of acceleration, with a Feeder but no Flash, Egg can become Flash #5 for putting Hulk into play (not that this should come up too often...).
    georgjorge
    Geistreich sind schon die anderen.

Quote Originally Posted by georgjorge View Post
    Summoner's Egg is great tech, because IF you draw a hand full of acceleration, with a Feeder but no Flash, Egg can become Flash #5 for putting Hulk into play (not that this should come up too often...).
    I end up casting mine for a blocker against Fish an awful lot of the time. Also, it killed someone under a Humility.
    [3. LocalDefense]: English is under attack!

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Forsythe's article is up. No mention of Hulk Flash yet :(
    Those articles can be written more than a week in advance for these predetermined weeks. If he has even decided what he is going to do about the e-mail flood I don't see him last minuted editing in a post script say "Flash is bad."
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Banned
    Sep 2004
    fairfax VA

Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    Those articles can be written more than a week in advance for these predetermined weeks. If he has even decided what he is going to do about the e-mail flood I don't see him last minuted editing in a post script say "Flash is bad."
    I really doubt the he is going to care about a bunch of whining legacy players to ban a card, a couple a weeks away from the legacy GP. Build a deck that uses flash or a deck that beats it.
    If you are not going to do either than do not play, the thread is supposed to be about developing a list not to bitch and complain.

Runs on caffeine
    May 2006

Hmm, I came up with this question when discussing this deck with someone over MWS, and figured I'd post it here.

Let's say you're playing the mirror, or against a control / aggro-control deck. You have the combo in hand, and the mana open, but 0/1 counters. Do you go off NOW, or do you wait till you have more backup? Is this dependant on the kill you are running, since the KG/KJ kill can't win in response?

Banned
    Mar 2006
    Lake Of Fire and Brimstone

Quote Originally Posted by ACME_Myst View Post
    Hmm, I came up with this question when discussing this deck with someone over MWS, and figured I'd post it here.

Let's say you're playing the mirror, or against a control / aggro-control deck. You have the combo in hand, and the mana open, but 0/1 counters. Do you go off NOW, or do you wait till you have more backup? Is this dependant on the kill you are running, since the KG/KJ kill can't win in response?
    You go right, then and there like you need to take a piss real bad. The chance that they'll be able to deal with a first turn kill is minimal compared to waiting numerous turns while they establish they're backup and draw into more counters.

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Big name recongition:
    http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...cle/14117.html

That's good, since Wizard's is more likely to pay attention to Bleiswess rather than Legacy players.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

I'm not sure how I feel about this list. However, his article doesn't really express a concern for the potentially metagame warping this deck is going to be for the grand prix. He didn't even mention how legacy players are stuck with their thumb up their ass about this sudden change. That to me suggests wizards could give two shits, and will likely keep Flash legal even after the first.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Ben's words are likely to make more players play the deck - which will help get it banned if it deserves it. He could have said it was the work of the devil himself and it would not have mattered. The deck dominating the GP is ONLY thing that will sway Wizards to make a change in the short term.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by ACME_Myst View Post

If you have one counter and it's very early, you always attempt to go off here, and you do it on your turn and not theirs so they can't safely use Pact of Negation if you also used a pact. They only have 4 Force of Wills to defend. Just make sure they can't Flash in response to your Flash. Games that reach 2 land apiece often become a game of chicken in the mirror match.

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I don't think you quite understand what a lesbian is.
    On the contrary, I understand perfectly. What Pinder can figure out to do with lesbians is not my business. (I, for example, would have them ambush straight women who had pissed me off in the past. Pinder might just prefer to empty his local grocery store of all their Jello and watch fun ensue.) I'm merely the vendor and points awarder.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Has anyone considered Boseju for the more controling version in the SB? It nullifies a good # of hate cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Yeah, in one of my versions I ran living wish with only 2 Hulks Md, Boseju, xantid swarm all being Sb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

Re: Protean Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Opterown View Post
    I've found that i can run this deck just fine without to many lands (10 only, with 1 ESG and 4 Chrome Mox, and 4 Petals) but drawing the X creatures are really annoying when you draw them. Is there some way to circumvent this, other than brainstorm (which I'm running anyway?)
    Just want to say, this is a blast to play. I feel so good with myself when I untap lands, then search for something which spirits away bad cards I put on top of the library.
    I just want to say, on a side note, too many people are running Street Wraith as a 1-of, beacuse Summoner's Pact is GREEN only (the deck in the opening post recommends this.)
    I dunno if it's been mentioned, but you could use Lat-Nam's Legacy. It's not something you can do the same turn you're comboing, since it costs 2, but it allows you to shuffle the offending critter back in, and next upkeep, you get 2 cards. I used it a lot, I bought a box of Alliances and had a blast doing 4-6 man drafts from it. It's b-b-b-busted in limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

I agree with the Lat-Nam's Legacy tech in the Kiki version; drawing the creatures is absolutely horrible in that verson. However, due the number of slots devoted to the kill condition in the Disciple version, I don't think it's possible to fit Lat-Nam's Legacy in there. Drawing Disciple/Wall/Marauder isn't really a problem, as the Disciples can be hard cast (If you are willing to risk it), and the 0/0 creatures can be casted post-combo for the last few points of damage if needed.
    Nothing witty to say.

Thread Information