Thread: [Article] What's Next for Legacy? Those Nasty Spikes (Interview with Bardo)

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

[Article] What's Next for Legacy? Those Nasty Spikes (Interview with Bardo)

Finn's lates article for www.mtgsalvation.com hit the press today, in the form of an interview with Dan Spero (Bardo). Link here.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    In many ways [Dan] represents my polar opposite in Magic. He selects his decks based on merit, where I insist on competing with my own contraptions no matter what. He is a devotee of Blue, where I strive to make Blue mages pay for their crimes. He sticks with what clearly works. I seek the hidden gems. He is Spike. I am Johhny. I have met many Bardos before, as I am sure he has met many Finns. We do not travel the same path. So naturally his perceptions and opinions are completely different from mine. This just demonstrates how differently players can approach this game.
    Check out the sick name drops of Chris Coppola and Adam Barnello!

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Re: [Article] What's Next for Legacy? Those Nasty Spikes (Interview with Bardo)

Um, great article. :)

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

I hope you attend. I would be very happy to meet you for the first time. Knowing your personality and writing style by now, I figure it's not going to be very hard to converse with you.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Please read my signature.

Jul 2004

I find it humorous that Bardo wants to play against Solidarity all day, as I would like to play against Bardo Threshold all day as well. I can say with some certainty that our testing results are pretty drasically different. Also, it'd be humorous. Anyway, about the article itself, I think it was reasonably well done. I did like the credits to Ian, Alix and Jesse though. Good job. Obviously though, needs more Gearhart. :)
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I want to see Bardo go against Gearhart in a hundred games. Loser gets namebanned.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

Actually just watching Bardo and Gearhart interact would be worth the ticket.
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

That would be a blast. My money's on Bardo, even though Gearhart is fucking awesome.

Great article, btw.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

As for how you navigate the hate, Engineered Explosives, set to zero, is remarkably effective at blowing up any number of Chalices (except a Chalice set to zero, of course).
    I LOL'D at this. Go go people not knowing how to play EE properly.

Otherwise good article.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I want to see Bardo go against Gearhart in a hundred games. Loser gets namebanned.
    "Real men" play for the ip-banhammer, incidentally. ;)

I LOL'D at this. Go go people not knowing how to play EE properly.
    That's just me anticipating that ass who says: "nu-uh, can't drop an EE for 0 when a ch4lice for 0 is on the board, n00b."

Fuck that guy.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo
    The hard part about Legacy deck-building is that remaining margin, where you can find very cool interactions like Task Force, Shaman En-Kor and Starlit Sanctum.
    Ummmm. So you were playing to swing for 2 all day? (You want Daru Spiritualist or Diamond Valley). I play Life quite a bit, so I got this on the brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    Ummmm. So you were playing to swing for 2 all day? (You want Daru Spiritualist or Diamond Valley). I play Life quite a bit, so I got this on the brain.
    When it comes to combo decks, I pretty much have a gene missing--as reflected in the portion of the article you quoted. 'So much for trying to sound smart. :)

Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    Shaman en-Kor and Task Force aren't the most efficient Life combo pieces, but they get the job done, as does Sanctum. What are you driving at here?
    When in doubt, mumble.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Shaman en-Kor and Task Force aren't the most efficient Life combo pieces, but they get the job done, as does Sanctum. What are you driving at here?
    Task Force isn't a cleric and won't sac to Sanctum. I should have said Worthy Cause, etc. Ah well. Again, more proof that I should just stick away from combo decks. ;)

Oct 2003

How sick, I didn't even know that. I cheat in testing all the time :<.
    When in doubt, mumble.

Banned
    Jun 2006
    Columbus, OH

Great article! Sometimes it's fun to pretend like Finn knows about the format

Thread Information