Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Article] Flash - by Anusien

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

Re: [Article] Flash - by Anusien

Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Daddy View Post
    I'm a little bit wary on what to do with Belcher, even though it takes 1 more card than Flash to make the combo go off turn 1.
    I don't mind Belcher as much as I do Flash. You can still have a chance with Belcher and they don't pack 12 control and disruption pieces. I can live with the occassional turn 1 "Oops, GG sauce all over your face there...Let me grab you a towel."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I think Mad Zur pretty much summarized everything rather nicely.

Also, absurdity with the cards aside, the point Disco Inferno was designed to make is still valid. You can stop broken cards. But that doesn't mean they're not still too broken for the format. This is the difference to me between Flash and Belcher. Belcher is right on the edge between really good and actually being overpowered. Flash has jumped over that edge and swum halfway across the English Channel of Utter Brokenness.

And I'm very tempted to show up at the GP with four Disco Infernos in my deck just to make a point. Hey IBA, will you sign them for me?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Always happy to serve my public.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

I've been very critical of the Thursday SCG Articles lately, but I gotta hand it to Kevin, this one was exactly the kind of shit I want to see more of. Instead of suggesting some kooky homebrew, Kevin goes right for the freakin' jugular and takes a hard look at Hulk Flash. In Michael Crichton-esque fashion, Kevin gets all technical and dispels the rumor of the Turn 0 win. I don't know how it compares to Nick Easel's article, but I enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

My only regret with this article was that I had a fair amount I wanted to say about Grand Prix preparation and proper operations and logistics, but writing about Flash was simply more important than all of that.

Also, Flash being unrestricted pushed out a tremendously awesome article I had planned where I'd interview a bunch of normal pros and ask them about Legacy. After Future Sight, it was obvious they'd all just say "Derf Flash" so I scrapped it. Maybe later.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

If for any reason (which I pray to the Seven Lost Gods does not involve Legacy permanently turning into a Flash-based format) you don't put those pro interviews into an article, will you mind posting them in the Community Board?
    I think there are quite a few people who would be interested in them. I have often wondered if older pros or semi-pros - guys like Flores or Sullivan - could get some serious interest in Legacy, due to the chance of playing with updates of basically every old archetype that ever existed.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Thread Information