Thread: [Article] Seeing Legacy's Future (set review)

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

[Article] Seeing Legacy's Future (set review)

My first article is up on mtgSalvation.com. Be gentle.

http://mtgsalvation.com/605-seeing-legacys-future.html

Future Sight has a plethora of cards which will affect Legacy in one way or another. Most of these cards are additives to existing decks which have performed well in many large events, but some are breaking ground, creating or validating archetypes that are new and exciting to Legacy. Either way, Legacy stands to become a very different format on May 20, 2007.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Re: [Article] Seeing Legacy's Future (set review)

Hey, I thought it was good. Short and sweet, accurate, amusing pictures, and a realistic view on Flash.

My only criticism would be that it's a tad too predictable. I would have liked to seen either an under the radar card thrown in and discussed or a new rough decklist built around one of the cards (like say that Blood Moon Stax deck).

But once again, good job!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

I thought Ichorid was pretty under the radar and rough.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    I thought Ichorid was pretty under the radar and rough.

This may be true as I know nothing about Ichorid. This is why you should get your critiques from someone brighter than I.

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Good article. I thought the flash/hulk graphic was hilarious.
    info.ninja

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

This was a very solid article, concise on its points and devoid of that certain "I'm writing an article so everything I say is right and I know more than you" air that some article writers tend to get a lot. Well done.

Oh, and that Flash graphic? Best thing evarrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

I enjoyed it. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is impressed with what Future Sight has to offer for the eternal formats.

My only issue is that I think an extra section could have been added that very briefly addresses a whole bunch of Future Sight cards with potential, not just the absolute standouts.

And all 3 graphics were pretty funny. All in all, a very solid article. Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Well done. Unlike many other Legacy writers, I think you have a good grasp of the format.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by jamest View Post
    Unlike many other Legacy writers, I think you have a good grasp of the format.
    Hrm, tough crowd.

Also, nicely done Adam. Solid article.

Re: Tarmogoyf. When you spell it enough, you don't even need to c/p it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    About the author
    Mr. Nightmare is registered in our forums as Mr. Nightmare.
    Come on, dude. How about something more like,

Quote Originally Posted by Man, I've got way too much time on my hands
    Adam Barnello is the son of the late Abraham and Isabella Barnello, the world's foremost authorities on space travel. One day, while traveling through the pictureisque countryside of Russia, their experimental Jet Plane was rent a sunder by some titanic turbulance, casting Adam (the wreck's only survivor) into the barren mountains, where his fate would only be decided by nature.

Adam was raised by a pack of wolves in the Cossacks, whose primary mode of transportation was doing backflips off on motorcycles. After several years of learning to perform acrobatic tricks while also honing his taste for human flesh, Aaron Ralston completely ended these Halcyon days.

Ralston, whose exploits are hardly necessary to recount, was in the region simply to find somebody, and ruin their day. Unfortunately for Barnello, Ralston completely ruined these wolves' shit, like, straight up. Upon finding the savage and animal-like Adam, Ralston decided to help him become aclimated to human society. After years of having so much pussy thrown at him (because, let's be honest - even sharing a night with Ralston once would undoubtedly secure you like a lifetime supply of pussy), Adam decided to leave his mentor and go to Clarkson, for some reason.

Shortly thereafter, Ralston survived an assination attempt made by the exicutors of Adam's late parent's estate, hoping to end Adam and therefore hold on the undold millions of his inheritance. Adam graduated Suma from Clarkson, I guess, then decided to allow his love life dicatate his motives, and settled down in Syracuse, New York (of all places) to try and go steady with a Morrocian Princess whose life he'd saved during spring break, once. He picked up Magic: the Gathering after losing a bet with Chuck Norris, and shows no signs of letting this hobby go.
    Man, that'd be like ridiculously cool. I could totally write another one, if this is a bit too risqué. Man, I'm goign to be so late for class.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

I'm gonna see if I can use that for the future articles.

Edit - OMG. They let me, it's up on the article now. HAHAHA!

Undefined Fantastic Object

Oct 2006
    Waterloo, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna see if I can use that for the future articles.

Edit - OMG. They let me, it's up on the article now. HAHAHA!
    Wow. You should add the part about how you met Stupendous Man at age six and learned the Truth of the World.
    She said, "You're broken."
    "So is your face." replied the Tarmogoyf.

Excellent. I'll compose a more-PG one for your next article, as I'm not too sure I appreciate all this censorship on my work.

Good article, too, though. I think that the proposed truffle shuffle looks a little questionable, but I understand that you only posted what you recieved. Also, Bridge from Below is pretty SVG TEK. Is two enough, you think? I'd almost want an entire playset.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    Wow. You should add the part about how you met Stupendous Man at age six and learned the Truth of the World.
    I'm on it.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Thread Information