Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: B/R update!

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Re: B/R update!

Hey, all this talk about stupid-ass Pandeburst has blindsided you. Anyone remember Enchantress with Replenish? Haven't we seen some recent (but modest) success with Enchantress?
    Last edited by Peter_Rotten; 06-01-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

That was my thoughts. Enchantress was already on the rise, and Replenish just seems to be the perfect add in. Maybe we'll see it solidifying a spot here.

And I gotta agree, I'm much happier and more looking forward to the new stuff Vintage gets to play with, we didn't get enough toys in Legacy this time around compared to them.

<3 Vise and Mind Twist. Time to go get my Beta's.

EDIT: Oh ya, and "FUCK YOU" Vintage Gift's decks. Good riddance. DRAGON 4L!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

#1 Asshole
    Oct 2005
    MI

Quote Originally Posted by DeathwingZERO View Post
    EDIT: Oh ya, and "FUCK YOU" Vintage Gift's decks. Good riddance. DRAGON 4L!!
    Yeah.... about dragon.... is it faster than Vintage Flash.dec? Gogo rectorbargain, or would you rather just win with Hulk?

Flash was clearly not broken enough in Vintage.

Oct 2003
    Muskegon, Michigan.

Bloody Good show.

But don't you see what wizards is doing??
    They unbanned Mind over matter and replenish because they BELONG together...

let the plotting commence... *Beginning to think of an Armastance Enchantress deck with Mind over Matter. Shudders at the pure horror*
    Still kickin' it combo school.

well, its nice to see some changes at least.

Big fuck you to flash and gifts, and we'll see what replenish brings.

Going to be very hard to break mind over matter, with that casting cost and the lack of tolarian academy in the format.

It's good to know I can go back to working on Tier 2 decks that could beat flash maybe 1 or 2 games out of ten.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    It's a size thing. Europe has 300 million people, but only takes like 20 minutes to drive across the entire continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgareth View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard.
    Europe is Huge, no wonder people question Americans Geography skills

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Yeah.... about dragon.... is it faster than Vintage Flash.dec? Gogo rectorbargain, or would you rather just win with Hulk?

Flash was clearly not broken enough in Vintage.
    It really isn't. It might see restricting some time in the future, but try comparing Vintage to Legacy in this regard. In Legacy, Flash was completely degenerate because the power level was light years beyond every other deck. In Vintage, almost every single deck is pretty close in terms of power level. The sheer amount of brokenness in the format is absurd. Flash is still good, though.

Flash: good, that change was necessary.
    Replenish: nice, replenish allows for fun decks. Comboes with all kinds of stuff.
    MOM: the casting cost is very prohibitive. Could be used with gaea's cradle or high tide.

So, yes, I agree with all the changes for legacy.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by greenmage View Post
    Flash: good, that change was necessary.
    Replenish: nice, replenish allows for fun decks. Comboes with all kinds of stuff.
    MOM: the casting cost is very prohibitive. Could be used with gaea's cradle or high tide.

So, yes, I agree with all the changes for legacy.
    Gaea's Cradle produces Green. MoM has 2 BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE in its cost. (I think it is one of like 5-6 cards that cost yXXXX in the entire game).

The best way to abuse MoM I can think of is to have Honden of Seeing Winds, 2 others Hondens, and MoM in your graveyard. Resolve Replenish brining them all back. Cast Obliterate. You are drawing 4 cards a turn, so keeping your opponent locked down should be simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

I know. I never said it would work in a competitive deck. I am not always thinking in kathegories of competitive and not competitive.

Right, but if you're resolving a Replenish then isn't it better to just win then and there with the pandeburst combo? I too think that Replenish is maybe best used in a control deck or enchantress variant, but Pandeburst might very well be viable, especially since Gifts will conveniently dump both pieces into the graveyard every single time. It is a pretty compact combo package that doesn't rely on the combat phase to win so I can see it fitting into some sort of control-combo deck as its victory condition.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

I was more saying Cradle Cannot cast MoM. Only Turbo Stasis and Relic Orb has the power to really abuse MoM (and cast the dang thing, but even then it is insanely difficult. 6 in a color without good mana accel)

PandeBurst could work, but getting both cards in the... actually never mind. I already know EXACTLY how to do this.
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.

Nov 2003
    Arizona

MoM AND Replenish is unbanned?? Finally I can make a combo kill using a Quicksilver Dagger for just 3UUUUUR! Replenish just makes the combo that much easier and resilliant! </sarcasm>
    REVOLT!

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Why would you ever cast MoMa when you have Replenish to cheat it into play? And y'all seem to be forgetting Serra's Sanctum, which also produces a metric fuckton of mana in the right deck (like, say, an Enchantress build....) & could be some good with both Replenish & MoMa.

Thank you Wizards for getting rid of Flash

Fuck you Wizards for having to do so (again) in the first place You couldn't have waited until 10th Ed. this summer to remove the power level errata for Flash? Of course not........

Vintage almost looks appealing now......
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

So Good
    Feb 2007
    Dallas

When the page loaded up and I saw a big X over Flash I got a little excited
    I'm glad Aaron broached the topic of Land Tax actually proving he and others were paying attention to the Legacy community since it seemed everyone and their mother were flapping their e-mouths about it. I even spent last night playtesting it. Replenish seems like it could find a place in a deck somewhere and I voted for it in the poll.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

I love the changes! Flash was stupid good and can go away now. I could give a shit less about Mind Over Matter coming back because I hate it and will never play it. Replenish is cool for sure. I was really close to picking up a playset off Cardshark last night but decided to sleep on it. Replenish is just so damned good I want to rebuild my enchantress deck.

I really like the unrestrictions in Vintage. I might just have to get into some 10 proxy events in the near future...my inner noob just can't wait to have four Black Vises in a deck again. It's been so long.

My hope is that some of those cards might be allowed back into the Legacy pool after a while. Black Vise, Mind Twist, and Voltaic Key could prove to be at a reasonable power level but not Gush. If gush were legal in Legacy Miracle Gro and GAT would be insane.
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

Nov 2004
    Missouri

There was a point Aaron made that I'd like to bring up and see if anyone agrees. He mentioned that not doing an emergency banning and allowing for a GP:Flash raised popularity for Legacy, kind of a controversy ploy. Do you think that could have been part of the plan? Intriguing, but its probably not worth discussing.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Hoojo View Post
    Do you think that could have been part of the plan? Intriguing, but its probably not worth discussing.
    Legacy still generates money for Wizards. Not as much as Standard or Extended, but it still generates some. Making a move where you destroy a metagame in favor of a more polarized one has shown to be very bad for business, so I doubt they intentionally did this.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Hoojo View Post
    There was a point Aaron made that I'd like to bring up and see if anyone agrees. He mentioned that not doing an emergency banning and allowing for a GP:Flash raised popularity for Legacy, kind of a controversy ploy. Do you think that could have been part of the plan? Intriguing, but its probably not worth discussing.
    They might not have done it on purpose, but I guess it is one of the results.

The regular Legacy players will keep on playing (although it really sucked for those of us testing for over a year), but the buzz about 'this unbeatable combodeck' might have resulted in more people participating in the GP, people who might even stick after Flash is banned.

I'm not sure though, but I know a lot of people have signed up an accound during the days of the GP, if they stick around, GP: Flash might have even been a succes for the format.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Undefined Fantastic Object

Oct 2006
    Waterloo, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    And y'all seem to be forgetting Serra's Sanctum, which also produces a metric fuckton of mana in the right deck (like, say, an Enchantress build....) & could be some good with both Replenish & MoMa.
    MoMa cost UUUU, even with sanctum backup. It's not easily hardcasted. About Replenish + MoMa, I think there are better things to do with Replenish.
    She said, "You're broken."
    "So is your face." replied the Tarmogoyf.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    MoMa cost UUUU, even with sanctum backup. It's not easily hardcasted. About Replenish + MoMa, I think there are better things to do with Replenish.
    Like win the game with PandeBurst or restore your massive board position with Enchantress.

Thread Information