View Poll Results: Would You be willing to drive out here.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be there, i live locally

7 25.00%
  • Yes, I will come no matter what (not locally)

1 3.57%
  • Yes, but the date/carpools may not let me...

6 21.43%
  • Maybe, Depends on the expected turnout/prizes

3 10.71%
  • No, I want to, but probally can't

6 21.43%
  • No, Thats a long way to drive for me, maybe though?

3 10.71%
  • No, I will never go, i'm not interested.

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern California Legacy Tourny

Southern California Legacy Tourny

I know threads about this exist, but i want a clean one to start this on...

Are you willing to Drive down to LA (read Rose Bowl/Pasadena Area) to have a tournament. If enough people say yes (and can offer prizes) i will talk to our store keepers and see if they will do this (they said they would, but we have to double check.

Date would be in September.October, on a Saturday/Sunday depending on what will work for the most people.

I'm looking at like the third Sat. in September right now...

Edit: Mod, please fix my spelling error, and delete this edit, i'm like spelling retarded.
    Last edited by APriestOfGix; 08-15-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Re: Sother California Legacy Tourny

Approximately when would this go down?
    info.ninja

Aug 2007
    California

Re: Southern California Legacy Tourny

Hey, I registered here to reply to this.

I'd be interested in this, thought I can't be sure that I'd be able to make it.

Definatly need more Legacy in So Cal however.

Ok so we have around 9 people that can/might make it.

We need upwards of 20 guys, i can try doing a 16, but 20 would be much better.

Also prizes, I'm going to be putting up a little.

4 x (Jap) Goblin Welder
    1 x Taiga (R)
    1 x Bayou (R)

Thats it for what i have as prizes, i'm kinda short on extra goodies.

If anyone else has some prizes they would be willing to donate, please let me know, once we get 16+ people, I'm going to talk to the Store, and find a date.

Potential Dates...

September 15th
    September 22nd
    September 29th
    October 6th
    October 13th

It could be later, but it would nice to be able to do one sooner than later.

Times would be around 12noon-Whenever. There is pleanty to eat around here.

The Location i'm looking at is:

Comic Odyssey
    319 S. Arroyo Parkway
    Pasadena, CA 91105

I have talked with the owners before, and if i get a little more intrest i'll talk with them again, and find a date.

I can make this pencil disappear.

Jul 2006
    Santa Barbara

I'm pretty interested, and I can try to get other people from around here (Santa Barbara) to come too. I think most of those dates would be fine for me (just let me know at least a couple of weeks in advance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    For example, if your friend steals your ice cream cone, and you start chasing him only to have a large weretiger jump out from behind a parked car and go "ROAR" in your face, only to then have said weretiger be struck by a bolt of lightning and be reduced to a smoldering catpile, you are probably going to be like "Wtf just happened" for at least a few brief moments while your friend escapes with your ice cream cone. And if you aren't distracted, you have Trample.

Is not Goyf
    Jan 2005
    California

September 29th and onward would be the best as I will be going down to San Diego on the 23rd. I can guarantee two people will come with a possible 3rd. Thanks for the tourney.

~Tog

I'd probably be able to make it, but later september would be best. I'll be coming from Irvine, so it's not that bad of a drive. Sounds good.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Me and four people will be there from AZ if this thing actually happens. Im from Long Beach so it is no problem. If the prizes are better I can bring more.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Ok, i am going to ask the store about "October 6th", if that dosn't work, the next October week, as most people are saying later.

I'm looking to try and keep the cost to a minimun, just enough so i don't go bankrupt paying the store, (prizes are out of my own pocket).

About the prizes, thats all i got guys, i reallt have VERY little extra playables, i mean who really wants to see a playset of Living Wish, or 1 x City of Traitors for getting 4th place?

So if ANYONE can please find something you can put up. Like if you have 5 of a dual, offer up the last.

As it stands right now...

Date: October 9th (TBC)
    Time: 12:00-Whenever
    Sancitioned: Nope sorry, but i can't count on the player base, to bother, besides, if this goes well, i'll try more and pay a judge.
    Entry Fee: Looking around $10, maybe a bit more...
    Prizes:
    1 x Taiga (Revised)
    1 x Bayou (Revised)
    4 x Goblin Welders (Jap.)

Aug 2007
    Los Angeles

I'm about 20 minutes from Pasadena, I would totally be up for this.

?
    Dec 2003
    High stakes cash games

Way to far away for me. If I lived out there I would.
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

Too lazy to post.

"Catches Bullets With His Teeth?"
    Apr 2007

You could try to do some type of pre-reg; with a couple bucks off. That way, if people saw there was going to be a reasonable tournout they would be more likely to attend. I would be interested in driving from Santa Barbara with a couple friends, but not if there is going to be 6 people.

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

90% Ill be there. I say about 50% that I can bring another player (depends on his work schedule).
    info.ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    You could try to do some type of pre-reg; with a couple bucks off. That way, if people saw there was going to be a reasonable tournout they would be more likely to attend. I would be interested in driving from Santa Barbara with a couple friends, but not if there is going to be 6 people.
    I'm am going to do that.

If you pre reg now, and CONFIRM you are coming, i will cut 3-5 dollar off your entry fee (depending on what the store is going to make us pay) I'm of course going to try and keep the price as low as possible cause it would be better to not have cost be an issue. I should be able to find word from the store in a few days...

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

@demon: If the date is locked in then my buddy will request it off. That means we'll definately be coming. Ill try to talk to another guy I know and see if he's interested.

How do you pre-reg?

Edit: is Oct.9 right? That's on a Tuesday.
    Last edited by xsockmonkeyx; 09-08-2007 at 09:00 PM.
    info.ninja

Feb 2007
    San Diego

I can get me and my team there, That's 4 guys right there.

I could prolly get more than that if the rides permitt... as long as you guys don't mind a bunch of San Diegans there :).

When will it be?

Is this even official yet?

Not offical yet, waiting for responce from store...

Looks like the first of second Sunday in October, (the 9th is NOT a Tuesday BTW... i'm not going to be a bitch and make people drive out here on a fucking weekday...)

Edit: Your right the 9th is a tuesday, i'm looking at the 7th or the 14th.

The store just said no... This means we need to find a venue, Sockmonkey i know you said something to me about a place? I'll look into a local community center, or maybe even some public place...

Feb 2007
    San Diego

If you guys wouldn't mind driving a little further to San Diego, not only could I get a place with prizes... but I could almost guarantee a turnout of at least 40 people (If the tourney was put into the public here).

We would have all of the regulars that already attend the weekly tourney as well as a bunch of guys I know... Especially if there are prizes and you guys get here too, it would be as big or bigger than the average DLD.

Just sayin' though.

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Let's make it the 14th to gives us a little more time.

Theres a place over by my house called Shuffle and Cut (i think thats their current name). Their address is 11525 La Mirada Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638 and they have enough room for a decent size tourney. Not sure how they go about organizing their tourneys though. You can call them at (877) I PLAY GAMES (877-475-2942) and see what's up.

This is their site: http://www.shuffleandcut.com/
    info.ninja

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    If you guys wouldn't mind driving a little further to San Diego, not only could I get a place with prizes... but I could almost guarantee a turnout of at least 40 people (If the tourney was put into the public here).

We would have all of the regulars that already attend the weekly tourney as well as a bunch of guys I know... Especially if there are prizes and you guys get here too, it would be as big or bigger than the average DLD.

Just sayin' though.
    I'm going to also say stores are going to be closer to saying no to me since i look like i'm in High School (of course i JUST graduated so they aren't far off...)

If freak wants to orginize it, and PLEASE make it not on a saterday since i have class, i woul SO come, i can also bring a friend. I would drive down Saterday night spend the night there, come play in the morning, and then drive back that night. From LA it's what a 2-4 hour drive depending on traffic?

Is the train any faster/better?

where in SD?

I would be SO willing...

Thread Information