Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The EPIC DLD and MORE!!!!

Re: The EPIC DLD and MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freakish777 View Post
    Who from Rochester is headed to this? I just got back from the West Coast and hadn't really been checking up on the tournament boards until a couple nights ago when I found out about this.

I also might want/need to borrow a deck for this since well, I kind of sold some cards for moving out to aforementioned place...
    I have a sub-optimal TES deck you could play. By that I mean ti's like six cards off of Bryant's newest list.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nickrit2000 View Post
    I'm not going to quit legacy, b/c I love magic. I just wanted to make a point.
    Really disappointed you can't make it... although your attitude isn't helping in that respect.
    EPIC Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

Keep in mind that Nick doesn't know Bob. Bob could say that to any of you guys that are flipping out because you'd be like "ha ha, Bob made a funny. You're funny Bob." and no feelings are hurt. But if some random dude says something like that to you, you'd get a little offended and think he was a jerk. Cut him some slack.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear102 View Post
    Really disappointed you can't make it... although your attitude isn't helping in that respect.

I want to apologize guys. I had a really rough day at work today and when I got home I first comment I read up on these forms was the one by bob. That got me a bit upset. I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this, but I'll be at all the big legacy events coming up in the next month or two. It should be a great 2 months of legacy magic.

I hope everyone has fun at this tournament. Take care.
    ~Shriek~

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Hey does anyone from the Cuse' need a ride to this thing. If ya PM me I may be able to help. Nick sorry to see you won't be there, hope to see you at the next few legacy events.
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    Keep in mind that Nick doesn't know Bob. Bob could say that to any of you guys that are flipping out because you'd be like "ha ha, Bob made a funny. You're funny Bob." and no feelings are hurt. But if some random dude says something like that to you, you'd get a little offended and think he was a jerk. Cut him some slack.
    You can't make posts like these Mike. You have a reputation online as a sarcastic asshole to uphold.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    You can't make posts like these Mike. You have a reputation online as a sarcastic asshole to uphold.
    QFT

I apologize also Nick, I shouldn't have said anything. I assumed you knew Bob.

On another note, I must sadly say that soda will not be sold. The VFW has a dumb policy of having to use their fountain soda, and charge a flat rate. So, soda will have to be bought at the bar, or just bring your own, but I didn't tell you that....

I will have a printout of the first post in this thread there to resolve any disputes that people may have, it will be binding and I will stand by it. I don't want any problems like Eli had, because if this is a success I want to do another in the future.

On a lighter note, lets get some better trash talking going... this is getting boring to read.
    EPIC Syndicate

I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear102 View Post
    On a lighter note, lets get some better trash talking going... this is getting boring to read.
    Zach Tartell thinks Goblins is a powerhouse in the format, he told me so in a PM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Good Christ, that's funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

No trash talking from people who said they would be here but won't!

Too busy cruising the playgrounds???
    EPIC Syndicate

-My hero

Bryant Cook

I'm calling 13th. Go for it and there will be a throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    Zach Tartell thinks Goblins is a powerhouse in the format, he told me so in a PM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Good Christ, that's funny!
    I told you so in the landstill thread, and didn't respond to your "put down the crack pipe" pm becuase I dind't want to get into an arugment and get weird around each other.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Quote Originally Posted by AnwarA101 View Post
    The only thing suprising about Deadguy is that people still play it.
    Excuse me, people so most certainly do NOT still play deadguy. It's [singular]person[/singular]
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by rsaunder View Post
    Excuse me, people so most certainly do NOT still play deadguy. It's [singular]person[/singular]
    So why are you still playing it?

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    I have a sub-optimal TES deck you could play. By that I mean ti's like six cards off of Bryant's newest list.
    Alright, deck down, ride to go.

May 2007
    Rochester

I play dead guy, mainly because I always die and I am a guy. The should call it die guy, it rhymes and people might think you are playing a graft deck.

Worst character ever
    Sep 2004
    Newton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Guy I Don't Know View Post
    I play dead guy, mainly because I always die and I am a guy. The should call it die guy, it rhymes and people might think you are playing a graft deck.

No.
    -Slay
    OH SHIT THERES A HORSE IN THE HOSPITAL

Team Slay and Lego: Slay your a tool and your glasses are almost as GAY as your retarded snitch of a boyfriend Lego. Lego focus on your own game you are a fucking clown and should have heard the rediculous amount of people saying how much of a dick you were being and what kind of a fool you are. I laugh at you two. Seriously you both need attitude adjustments. I have never encountered a larger pair of pussy bitches in my whole life.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    I told you so in the landstill thread, and didn't respond to your "put down the crack pipe" pm becuase I dind't want to get into an arugment and get weird around each other.
    The only reason you'd feel weird around me is because you want to touch my ass (and eat frozen waffles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    The only reason you'd feel weird around me is because you want to touch my ass (and eat frozen waffles).
    Those waffles were delicous, and my participation was minimal!

Asshole

Jan 2004
    Chickenango

Yeah I dont feel like reading.....
    1 how much is this?
    2 what are the prizes?
    3 Is this sanctioned?
    Survival will be good forever... kinda like a maraschino cherry.

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletus View Post
    Yeah I dont feel like reading.....
    1 how much is this?
    2 what are the prizes?
    3 Is this sanctioned?
    1-$30
    2-Dual lands and other fun stuff
    3-Yes
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

Thread Information