Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Resources - Articles and Stuff

That other Stax guy
    Dec 2004
    Germany

Re: Could we collaborate to compile a download set of legacy decklists for MWS & OCTG

Thanks for the kind words :)
    They motivated me to update the compilation.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38927009...decks.rar.html

As you suggested I added Monoblue and changed the Pox list to the one you posted. I also put the decks in different folders trying to match the categories here (DTB, Established, N&D).

Remember I'm doing this mainly for myself so don't expect any regular updates..
    Anyway, if taking the 20 seconds to zip, upload and post it makes at least one person happy I think I can keep doing just that ;)

edit: haha I totally missed that DnT list.. Seems like another update will be coming soon x_x
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Re: Could we collaborate to compile a download set of legacy decklists for MWS & OCTG

/hits thread with sticky stick
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

XIII
    Jun 2009
    Germany

Awesome Idea, two rather new Decks (compared to some of the ones in the list:

GW Survival:

// Lands
    4 [B] Savannah
    4 [ON] Windswept Heath
    3 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    3 [UNH] Forest
    1 [UNH] Plains
    4 [TE] Wasteland
    4 [FUT] Horizon Canopy

// Creatures
    1 [P3] Loyal Retainers
    1 [ZEN] Iona, Shield of Emeria
    4 [ARB] Qasali Pridemage
    3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    4 [UL] Mother of Runes
    1 [MM] Squee, Goblin Nabob
    4 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary
    4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
    4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
    1 [FD] Eternal Witness

// Spells
    4 [R] Swords to Plowshares
    4 [EX] Survival of the Fittest
    2 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    SB: 1 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
    SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 [CFX] Path to Exile
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 [SHM] Faerie Macabre
    SB: 1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 1 [ALA] Ethersworn Canonist

New Horizons:

// Lands
    3 [A] Tundra
    3 [B] Tropical Island
    4 [FUT] Horizon Canopy
    4 [ON] Windswept Heath
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [UNH] Forest
    4 [TE] Wasteland

// Creatures
    4 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary
    4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
    3 [OD] Terravore

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [M10] Ponder
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    4 [NE] Daze
    4 [SC] Stifle
    2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    4 [R] Swords to Plowshares

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
    SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 [EVE] Worm Harvest
    SB: 1 [RAV] Life from the Loam
    SB: 4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Well you can expect whatever you want but you'd only expect what you said if you were retarded.

Thank you for stickying the thread Nihil Credo.

And thanks so much for your hard work Silverdragon. I feel like the list you already compiled is about 95% complete.

Silverdragon, I was wondering if you would like to be charge of this list, since you already put so much work into it.

It's totally up to you. If you would rather that I or a mod take over the list, that is perfectly okay as well.

All we need right now is for a couple of the current lists in it to be updated (Enchantress, Burn), and a few new decks added (Death and Taxes, GW Survival, Mono Black Pox, Sligh, New Horizons and a few others) and it would be complete.

Thank you again.

Everyone should feel free to propose additions and modifications to the lists.

I feel the collection could also use a strong BWG Rock List with Deeds, Vindicates, Thoughtseizes, Planeswalkers, Tombstalkers etc.
    Last edited by Jon Stewart; 05-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.

That other Stax guy
    Dec 2004
    Germany

As I already said, you shouldn't expect regular updates by me so I'd be glad if you would take over the responsibility. Because you are also able to edit the first post I think it would be best if you or a mod would do it in the future.

Another thought I had is that as soon as our list is "complete" (as in "only lacks some decks from N&D") and we "only" need to update it we could do that about every month and seperate the decks by how current the list is. For example if a list hasn't been updated that month it goes into a folder "probably not up to date" or some such and the ones that are getting updated because we have lists from recent tournaments or updated posts here go into a folder "up to date".

It's a shame that lots of good opening posts here lack a current list of the deck. I think the hardest part in updating this in the future will be to find out whether a list has changed or not :)

So I'll probably update it once more this weekend and then see how much time I have in the future.
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Sounds great Silverdragon.

I'll be happy to take over. Thanks again for putting this all together.

If you still wanted to add or update some of the decklists this weekend, read on below...

I made a public mediafire account and uploaded all your decks to that...

Here is the link...

http://www.mediafire.com/legacydecks

In addition, I want anyone that wants to add a deck or update a particular deck, to have access to the mediafire account. So I'm posting the username and password to that account.

Username: legacydecks@gmail.com
    Password: mtgthesource

Simply go to mediafire.com, and login with the above information, and you can modify the rar file to add or update decklists.

The only request I make is, download the most recent .rar package on that site and modify it within an hour of when you are going to reupload it. That way, the package you upload will always include all of the most current decklists and won't overwrite anyone else's updates. If you're worried about that, you can check the .rar package again a day or so after your update and make sure the changes you made are still around.

We could even include a small "log.txt" text file in the .rar package that everyone modifies to keep track of who made what updates when.

Regarding Pox, is there BG and BGU lists, they are both considerable stronger than BW (which is mucho worse than straight up mono).

I picked the BW list because it won a tournament on deckcheck and it did very well when I tried on workstation. I won against Zoo which I always thought was a very tough matchup for Pox.

But I think the collection should have 3 Pox lists... BG Pox, BW Pox, and Mono Black Pox.

Feel free to add a BG Pox and Mono Black Pox list to the collection.

Various updates to the package were posted, I believe by Silverdragon.

Thanks man.

Downloading now. Thanks.

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

This thread is amazing. When i get home im definetly downloading those....

The title should be changed to something like ' Download Legacy Decklists Here! '

It would get much more atention

Thanks for the suggestion. Glad you like the thread.

I updated the title as per your suggestion, I will contact a mod about changing the name of the thread officially. Thank you.

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Yeah, this is amazing work!

If you want this to last for longer, it might be prudent to start adding dates to the deck titles, so people know when things get updated, etc.

6 months or a year from now, some of these decks will be quite dated while others get updated regularly.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Glad you like the thread.

I updated the title as per your suggestion, I will contact a mod about changing the name of the thread officially. Thank you.
    Done.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: Download Legacy Decklists Here!

Can we do a Cockatrice file for these as well?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jun 2009
    Minnesota

Starting 7 Chart

I made a chart that shows the chances of seeing 0-4 copies of the cards in your starting 7 while running a certain amount of them, and figured it would take me 2 minutes to post it here so I may as well. Worst case someone tells me "DID IT ALREADY, NOOB" and this gets locked.

The bolded parts are where you have to highest chance of seeing a certain number of cards. In the Constructed chart for example, you'll see exactly 1 the most often running 8 of the type of card, 21 to see exactly 2 or 3, etc. Thought it would be useful for land/counter/removal/creature counts or something.

Constructed (60 Cards)

Constructed (61 Cards)

EDH/Commander (99 Cards)

Limited (40 Cards)

I double checked them a fair amount, if something still seems wrong, let me know.

Feel free to post any charts/graphs/etc here!
    Last edited by AlexAI; 09-06-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Re: Starting 7 Chart

Pretty interesting, thanks for posting it. I don't play EDH but I would still be interested to see it to see how the numbers would differ.

Jun 2009
    Minnesota

Added the EDH one. I figured I wouldn't need to go to seeing 5 of a certain kind of card, even in EDH, since I can't think of any hand you'd want to keep with 5 of something similar like mana sources or guys. Even relentless rats.dec would like 3 land in the 7.

Nov 2006
    Brasil

An obvious column missing is "1 or more" and the likes, it's by far the one I use most xD
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Jun 2009
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Gui View Post
    An obvious column missing is "1 or more" and the likes, it's by far the one I use most xD
    I didn't think of that, but I think you can get most of them pretty easily with the chart.

1 or more: 1 - the chance of getting 0

2 or more: 1 - the chance of getting 0 or 1

3 or more: 1 - the chance of getting 0 to 2, etc.

Thread Information