Its been stated many times before that people beleive control to be weak in this format for a variety of reasons that have been discussed in depth. I think most people would agree that the cards available to control to control the board is actually quite good but can`t capitalize on that board position properly because of it`s extremely slow win condition. So one of the weakest points of control has been its win conditions but what can be done to shore up this problem? I feel there are two routes you can go:
1. Try to find a creature that is good against removal, cheap and big enough to kill fast as well as be able to help out in a tight spot against aggressive decks(but if you are able to fill the first 3 requirements then the last one shouldn`t be a problem)

or

2. Find and put together a combo win that is easily acheivable once you have established control. The combo can`t really afford to be dead on its own and has to be relatively fast in comparison with the creature options

Creature win conditions

For the creature route you have a few interesting yet underplayed good win conditions in the form of Fledgling dragon, tombstalker and gigapede.

Fledgling dragon- In the right list this guy can kill the quickest of all the other available creature finishers because of its pump ability meaning a kill as early as turn 6 or 7 but it is still very vulnerable to the sort of removal that many legacy decks play and without threshold this creature is even more vulnerable to that removal and essentially not a great blocker until at least the mid game

Tombstalker- The biggest thing going for this guy is his ability to come down fast and help when or if things go south around turns 4-5 and end the game around turn 8-9. Unfortunately he also suffers from the same problem Fledgling dragon does in the removal department but he is a little harder to remove because he is always huge when he comes out and doesn`t necessarily cost as much.

Gigapede- If this guy had flying I think he would probably be the contender for the best creature win condition available because he is extremely resilient to any sort of removal including your own and he has a very good power to casting cost ratio. The down side is that his mana cost means he won`t be coming down until after turn 5 which means he is the slowest of the 3. High on resiliency low on speed would be a good motto for this creature.

Combo win conditions

Of course the 3 obvious combo wins for control are: mana severance belcher, mizzium tranreliquat plus time vault and walk the eons plus exploration and crucible.

I feel I don`t know enough about how these types of control decks would play to provide an intelligent opinion of how good they are so it can be discussed at length in the thread.

There are alot more options in both the creature and combo win portions than what I have said but these are the ones that are at the forefront of my mind to get the ball rolling. If someone has any better ideas it would be good to hear them because thats what threads like these are for. To figure out what is good or what is bad about something to hopefully make it better in the future and make a more diverse format. Thoughts?