Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1514

Thread: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Re: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

I went 2-1-1 with the same list as last time (3 posts up). I decided not to invest in stoneforge/batterskull as I only have 1 stoneforge and want to build something else. Winning with Quinn and his $10 manabase is really very fun...but being an underdog against everything except dredge and painter in my meta is annoying. I would try -1 runed halo, -1 elspeth tirel, -1 ensnaring bridge, -1 or 2 something else and 2 or 3x stoneforge and 2x batterskull though if I wanted to stay with Quinn. And go up to 3 helms...4 possibly if no stoneforge package.

Round 1: Aluren 1-2
    I won game 2 off of t2 RIP t4 helm gets countered t5 helm #2 and win on the play. I have no idea how to beat this deck. Which cards (other than humility) are good in this matchup?

Round 2: Manaless Dredge 2-0
    I get a RIP turn 2 both games and that about sums things up.

Round 3: SnT/Griselbrand/Omniscience/fow/ponder/brainstorm/academy rector 2-0
    Game 1 scepterchant+canonist beats gets there. Game 2 he SnT's in a griselband while I have humility. Eventually I combo out.

Round 4: Shardless BUG 1-1( < 6 minutes going into g3)
    This matchup is terrible as far as I can tell. Really...really terrible.

Oct 2013
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I went 2-1-1 with the same list as last time (3 posts up). I decided not to invest in stoneforge/batterskull as I only have 1 stoneforge and want to build something else. Winning with Quinn and his $10 manabase is really very fun...but being an underdog against everything except dredge and painter in my meta is annoying. I would try -1 runed halo, -1 elspeth tirel, -1 ensnaring bridge, -1 or 2 something else and 2 or 3x stoneforge and 2x batterskull though if I wanted to stay with Quinn. And go up to 3 helms...4 possibly if no stoneforge package.

I won game 2 off of t2 RIP t4 helm gets countered t5 helm #2 and win on the play. I have no idea how to beat this deck. Which cards (other than humility) are good in this matchup?

Round 2: Manaless Dredge 2-0
    I get a RIP turn 2 both games and that about sums things up.

Round 3: SnT/Griselbrand/Omniscience/fow/ponder/brainstorm/academy rector 2-0
    Game 1 scepterchant+canonist beats gets there. Game 2 he SnT's in a griselband while I have humility. Eventually I combo out.

Round 4: Shardless BUG 1-1( < 6 minutes going into g3)
    This matchup is terrible as far as I can tell. Really...really terrible.
    Was really hoping I would get to play against you tonight. Next time, and congrats on the finish.
    Currently playing:
    Imperial Painter

One of the few Painter players in SoCal...

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

I am playing my updated list tomorrow at my lgs. I will post results and my list with thoughts tomorrow. And congrats on the positive results

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Was really hoping I would get to play against you tonight. Next time, and congrats on the finish.
    Thanks, and next time!

@Warp: Cool, good luck!

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    A well timed Canonist does some work in this matchup as well and is free for you to play because Aluren allows both players to put creatures into play. What is their end game?

As always with Quinn we have a great aggro matchup a so/so control matchip with the worst going to counter top and an bad game one and manageable 2/3 against storm.

So we didn't get 8 players which was a first since I have been playing at this store. But I got some testing in with the few people who did show up. So here is the list I played...

Lands (23)
    16 Snow-covered Plains
    3 Scrying Sheets*
    2 Arid Mesa
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Kor Haven

Instant (12)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Orim's Chant
    2 Abeyance

Sorcery (3)
    3 Terminus

Artifact (8)
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Isochron Scepter
    1 Scroll Rack
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Pithing Needle

Enchantment (13)
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Humility
    2 Runed Halo
    1 Story Circle
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 Blind Obedience
    1 Moat

Plainswalker (1)
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Sideboard (15)
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Ray of Distortion
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
    1 Aegis of Honor
    1 Ghostly Prison

I played against a Bant deck with FOW, TNN, Pridemage GSZ and all that good fun stuff. It was tight but manageable chant did work in that match and forced him to use the pridemage to get from under it which let me bring down humility and take over from there. After board he had a second pridemage and a teeg. It was just more of the same and baiting his counters and removal.
    I also played against a goblins deck which is what we love to see and was an easy matchup but a hasted kranko proved to be annoying and enough in one of the games we played.
    I will stick with this deck for a while and get some more solid play time with it again and see how it goes from there.

Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I not sure if going under 20 snow permanents makes Scrying Sheets ideal.

I used to play this deck and 20-22 snow permanents is the ideal number to make Scrying Sheets work. The ratio is like Force of Will vs other blue cards in the deck.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I not sure if going under 20 snow permanents makes Scrying Sheets ideal.

I used to play this deck and 20-22 snow permanents is the ideal number to make Scrying Sheets work. The ratio is like Force of Will vs other blue cards in the deck.
    I am running 19 total with 3 sheets and haven't had an issue yet. Top does a lot of work and I find I hold the sheets until I can get value out of them as they are the only real wasteland target (aside from Kor haven). They can create a degenerate draw engin late with scroll rack as well if left unchecked. I also find most people will let them stick around until they realize what they actually do for us.

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

So between a no fire and a vacation got to play Quinn again to a 1-2-1 result. Here is the list...

Lands (23)
    16 Snow-covered Plains
    3 Scrying Sheets
    2 Arid Mesa
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Kor Haven

Instants (12)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Enlightened Tutors
    3 Orim's Chant
    2 Abeyance

Sorceries (3)
    3 Terminus

Artifacts (9)
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Isochron Scepter
    2 Helm of Obedience
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Scroll Rack

Enchantments (12)
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Humility
    2 Runed Halo
    1 Story Circle
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 Blind Obedience

Plainswalker (1)
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Sideboard (15)
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Ethersworn Cannonist
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Ray of Distortion
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
    1 Aegis of Honor
    1 Ghostly Prison

Round 1 v. Goblins win 2-1
    Game 1 went like it was supposed to and I was able to RiP-helm for the win after a fast start with an early Elspeth.
    Game 2 he had a fast start and I was not able to slow him down enough before getting run over.
    Game 3 humility plus bridge prevent him from swinging until I drew into RiP-helm.

Round 2 v. Affinity loss 1-2
    Game 1 we both had weird opening hands and I was a bit flooded he managed to land a winter orb which slowed me down. But as I was flooded I was able to play through it. I finally resolved RiP-helm for the win.
    Game 2 I punted when I played ghostly prison instead of bridge and again winter orb made my life hell.
    Game 3 turn 1 winter orb and I was not able to draw any hate.

Round 3 U/B/W/g death blade draw 1-1-1
    Game 1 went his way quickly on the back of a batterskull.
    Game 2 went long and I was able to stabilize at 3 life for the longest time behind a bridge before I drew RiP-helm to finish him off with 4 minutes left in the round.
    Game 3 went to time but I was in the process of locking him out when turns ended.

Round 4 merfolk loss 1-2
    Game 1 stabilized at 2 and was able to get RiP-helm for the win.
    Game 2 TNN plus Phantasmal Image ended the game quickly as I was not able to find an answer.
    Game 3 I lost one turn away from being able to stabilize the game with a terminus in hand which if it had been WoG I would have been enough to stabilize the board.

Thoughts on the list...
    Blind obedience was only good against the goblins deck because it turned off silly warchief plays bit it is already a favorable matchup for us I might board it.
    Isochron scepters were underwhelming and now I remember why I didn't mind cutting them. For the most part they sat in my hand with nothing to imprint. The only game it came up was against merfolk where I was able to put StP on a stick.
    On the other hand chant was very relevant all day as not just a fog when I needed it but also as a time walk.
    Winter orb was a beating and I think that it is only in my meta but I think going back to 1 disk or ratchet bomb would be fine on the board. Probably over wheel or prison. Maybe both.
    Ray of Distortion was really in the board against counter-top which has completely disappeared in my meta so I might change those slots as well.
    I might move bridges to the main as I found myself always wanting to board them in in some number all day. They are as good as moat IMO.

Thoughts, comments and questions are always welcome.

So, after a couple of mediocre to poor performances with my list, my shop decided to have a legacy night with some proxies. I went 2-1. My updated list is as follows:

17x snow plains
    4x scrying sheets
    2x mikokoro, center of the sea (works with spirit of the labyrinth)

4 top
    3 e tutor

4 swords
    3 oblivion ring
    2 ensnaring bridge
    1 humility
    1 moat (really just worse than bridge but if I can proxy it why not)

4 rest in peace
    3 helm of obedience

4 stoneforge mystic
    3 spirit of the labyrinth
    1 ethersworn canonist
    1 batterskull
    1 sword of fire and ice
    1 elspeth, knight errant
    1 mobilization

SB:
    3 wrath of god
    3 orim's chant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile
    2 ray of distortion
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 humility
    1 rule of law

Thoughts on the sb? I never like my sb.

Round 1: uwbg deathblade 1-2

Round 2: pox 2-0

Round 3 esperblade 2-0

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

SB:
    3 wrath of god
    3 orim's chant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile
    2 ray of distortion
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 humility
    1 rule of law

What kind of decks are in your meta? Based on what you have posted previously it seems rather varied. You are also playing a very creature heavy deck and this deck was meant to prey on creature decks.

I have ray of distortion on my board as well and they seem rather weak to me I really only board them in to handle counterbalance which is the bane of this deck.

What is the relic there for? If it is for graveyard hate RiP and Wheel of Sun and Moon work better. Plus you can target yourself with Wheel to not exile your cards with RiP in play or deck yourself in the off chance you run into mill.

I assume that Path is there for creature decks that don't run a lot of basics like RUG for example. You may consider Porphyry Nodes or Noetic Scales as other ways to deal with creatures. But again you run your own so that changes things a bit.

Another option is to fit Isochron Scepters into your board to come in along side your chants.

As to your MD I am not a big fan of Mobilization. I think Heliod, God of the Sun fit your deck better and can become a creature himself not to mention make tokens and give vigilance to your whole team.

I do like the tech of mikokoro and spirit. How has the spirit been?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    SB:
    3 wrath of god
    3 orim's chant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile
    2 ray of distortion
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 humility
    1 rule of law

What kind of decks are in your meta? Based on what you have posted previously it seems rather varied. You are also playing a very creature heavy deck and this deck was meant to prey on creature decks.

I have ray of distortion on my board as well and they seem rather weak to me I really only board them in to handle counterbalance which is the bane of this deck.

What is the relic there for? If it is for graveyard hate RiP and Wheel of Sun and Moon work better. Plus you can target yourself with Wheel to not exile your cards with RiP in play or deck yourself in the off chance you run into mill.

I assume that Path is there for creature decks that don't run a lot of basics like RUG for example. You may consider Porphyry Nodes or Noetic Scales as other ways to deal with creatures. But again you run your own so that changes things a bit.

Another option is to fit Isochron Scepters into your board to come in along side your chants.

As to your MD I am not a big fan of Mobilization. I think Heliod, God of the Sun fit your deck better and can become a creature himself not to mention make tokens and give vigilance to your whole team.

I do like the tech of mikokoro and spirit. How has the spirit been?

Hey,

My meta is very random. The creature density I feel is necessary. I've been annoyed with the deck's clock for a long time. Against some decks you need to be able to win quickly.

Yeah ray is just there for against cb. It can probably come out...but still want it in that matchup.

Relic is just an extra hate card. Wheel is good but I run 6 colorless sources which makes it difficult to play in my build.

Hm...porphyry nodes could work. Path is there for decks like merfolk that can just win too quickly and I want to be able to interact T1. But I like nodes...

Heliod looks neat...

I havent been able to test spirit too much. I do like it though. It can apply pressure...trade with dudes...combo with mikokoro...shut down griselbrand/glimpse/brainstorm/ponder...wear equipment...etc...

I've been looking at dnt for ideas for the board...phyrexian revoker shuts down jace/liliana which I find difficult to handle. Maybe peacekeeper too for matchups where we need to control...

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Painter/stone is a faster combo than RiP/helm because in a vacuum it can go off turn 3. I have always viewed this deck as a slow deck and if games go long we are editing something right. The goal is to lock the opponent out of the game and then win from there. You shouldn't need Path vs merfolk as it is a favorable match up considering you have moat main and as most lists have cut their only answer to it aka Coralhelm Commander as he granted flying. The trick to that match up is baiting counterspells and getting to turn 4 to drop moat, humility or wrath. One way this deck used to lock out the game was Scepter/chant which fell out of popularity when RiP was printed as it fought for space in the deck. I know you have tested it and I am currently testing it. If creatures are your issue maybe Wrath moving Wrath main might not be a bad idea but it hurts your overall game plan.

For reference this is the list I have been testing:
    Lands (23)
    15 Snow-covered Plains
    1 Snow-covered Mountain
    3 Scrying Sheets
    2 Arid Mesa
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Kor Haven

Instants (13)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Enlightened Tutors
    3 Orim's Chant
    2 Abeyance
    1 Lightning Helix

Sorceries (3)
    3 Terminus

Artifacts (10)
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Isochron Scepter
    2 Helm of Obedience
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Pithing Needle

Enchantments (10)
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Humility
    2 Runed Halo
    1 Story Circle

Plainswalker (1)
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Sideboard (15)
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Ethersworn Cannonist
    2 Ray of Distortion
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Wrath of God
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
    1 Aegis of Honor
    1 Blind Obedience
    1 Nevinyrral's Disk

As I had said I am most likely going to drop the Rays as I don't encounter cb in my meta but I am not sure what I want to go in that spot. I have tested Ratchet bomb which was cute but slow as it dealt with tokens and shroud guys. Elixir has been good for me as well as way to gain life vs red deck and various creature decks as well as a shuffle effect. The lightning helix has been great it is amazing on a scepter and gives me another way to deal with my opponents critters plus a small boost in life to boot. The mountain is at worst a colorless mana source it is fetchable with the mesas and i might consider making the strand a 3rd Mesa but it hasn't come up yet as an issue.

Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    Painter/stone is a faster combo than RiP/helm because in a vacuum it can go off turn 3. I have always viewed this deck as a slow deck and if games go long we are editing something right. The goal is to lock the opponent out of the game and then win from there. You shouldn't need Path vs merfolk as it is a favorable match up considering you have moat main and as most lists have cut their only answer to it aka Coralhelm Commander as he granted flying. The trick to that match up is baiting counterspells and getting to turn 4 to drop moat, humility or wrath. One way this deck used to lock out the game was Scepter/chant which fell out of popularity when RiP was printed as it fought for space in the deck. I know you have tested it and I am currently testing it. If creatures are your issue maybe Wrath moving Wrath main might not be a bad idea but it hurts your overall game plan.

For reference this is the list I have been testing:
    Lands (23)
    15 Snow-covered Plains
    1 Snow-covered Mountain
    3 Scrying Sheets
    2 Arid Mesa
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Kor Haven

Instants (13)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Enlightened Tutors
    3 Orim's Chant
    2 Abeyance
    1 Lightning Helix

Sorceries (3)
    3 Terminus

Artifacts (10)
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Isochron Scepter
    2 Helm of Obedience
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Pithing Needle

Enchantments (10)
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Humility
    2 Runed Halo
    1 Story Circle

Plainswalker (1)
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Sideboard (15)
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Ethersworn Cannonist
    2 Ray of Distortion
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Wrath of God
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
    1 Aegis of Honor
    1 Blind Obedience
    1 Nevinyrral's Disk

As I had said I am most likely going to drop the Rays as I don't encounter cb in my meta but I am not sure what I want to go in that spot. I have tested Ratchet bomb which was cute but slow as it dealt with tokens and shroud guys. Elixir has been good for me as well as way to gain life vs red deck and various creature decks as well as a shuffle effect. The lightning helix has been great it is amazing on a scepter and gives me another way to deal with my opponents critters plus a small boost in life to boot. The mountain is at worst a colorless mana source it is fetchable with the mesas and i might consider making the strand a 3rd Mesa but it hasn't come up yet as an issue.

Just some food for thought.

I would strongly recommend the 4th top. Runed halo gets a lot worse when you add in colorless mana sources. That is why I dropped it...but it was also underwhelming in a lot of matchups. Why is disk in the board? The strand should really just be the 3rd mesa. And my issue with scepter/chant is that too many decks can deal with it main deck now and every deck can 2 for 1 it sb. Abrupt decay is a 2/1 and the pieces are weak by themselves. It is very good when it sticks...but the 7 spaces chant/abeyance/scepter took up I felt was too much.

Hi,

I went 2-1 again on proxy legacy night (see moat...). Same list as last time. One guy shows up weekly with pox...thoughts on a good sb card?

17x snow plains
    4x scrying sheets
    2x mikokoro, center of the sea (works with spirit of the labyrinth)

4 top
    3 e tutor

4 swords
    3 oblivion ring
    2 ensnaring bridge
    1 humility
    1 moat (really just worse than bridge but if I can proxy it why not)

4 rest in peace
    3 helm of obedience

4 stoneforge mystic
    3 spirit of the labyrinth
    1 ethersworn canonist
    1 batterskull
    1 sword of fire and ice
    1 elspeth, knight errant
    1 mobilization

SB:
    3 wrath of god
    3 orim's chant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile
    2 ray of distortion
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 humility
    1 rule of law

Round 1: 2-1 Jund Lands

Round 2: 0-2 Pox

Round 3: 2-1 Burn

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

@pox match up: not a match up I have a lot of practice against I think Leyline of Sanctity could be good because it is good vs targeted discard. Which i have found really hurts this deck. It also has uses in other match ups like storm.

The disk is mainly on my board for the blow out against Affinity. I have also used it to deal with Iona on white.

Runded Halo is one of my favorite cards in the deck. It is a catch all. You play TNN I name TNN. You play Emrikul I name Emrikul. You play Tendrils I name Tendrils. It handles what ever my opponent is trying to do. It is a little reactive game one and more proactive in games 2 and 3. Most of the time you lead with as many plains as you can to avoid wasteland. This should make casting it easier, also it is not a t2 play unless you know what you are up against and need the answer.

Mar 2009
    Gent, Belgium

Runed Halo is great, especially in the current metagame...but probably won't save you from Emrakul because of the Annihilate-trigger .

I actually slung a few games against pox with a pretty traditional Quinn-list.
    Tools which help:
    - Pithing Needle (Liliana, Cursed Scroll, M.Factory,...)
    - Runed Halo (M.Factory, Liliana to avoid getting Ultimated)
    - Elspeth, Knight-Errant (source of CA, pressures Lili, hard for them to get rid of)
    - Sacred Mesa (if you get to enough mana)

Having an early-game top is crucial.

Sideboardcards you might consider:
    - Leyline of Sanctity (which I would definately recommend, as WarpWrold suggested)
    - Sacred Ground (blanks Sinkhole, wasteland, Smallpox)
    - Extra Pithing Needle
    - Crucible of Worlds
    - Disenchant
    - Celestial Purge (I consider Liliana to be their main threat)

At the last tourney I played with Quin (a GPT for Paris), my match vs Pox ended in a draw. I lost G1 because I didn't find any removal for his Tombstalker (playing 4 StP, 3 Terminus, 1 O-Ring, 1 Runed Halo), but won the second one through his Trinisphere + Nether Void. Oh, the joys of old-school prison. The 3rd game ended in turns with no clear frontrunner in terms of board position. But I did feel as if the matchup was decent, since they have a pretty hard time winning through all the removal and targeted lock pieces, as long as you don't get locked and ulti'ed by Miss Lili.

Was anyone brave enough to play our Mighty Eskimo at the GP? I went for Miracles in the end, which in retrospect proved to be the right call. Unfortunately, I stranded in round 9 (6-3), after getting thoroughly molested by Shardless BUG.

Take care,

Tom

Surprised at the lack of Unexpectedly Absent from Quinn lists. Such a flexible card, I much prefer it to both Oblivion Ring and Path to Exile for removal slots 5-7. And it's a must include in any list playing Isochron Scepter
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 02-28-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Hi,

I went 3-1 today. Since it is not proxy legacy night (aka Monday) my list above had a few changes:

-1 stoneforge mystic, -1 helm of obedience, -1 moat, -2 mikokoro

+1 runed halo, +1 entreat the angels, +1 pithing needle, +2 desert

@ warp/nirves: I really want to add leyline to the sb now. Looks good...gets around abrupt decay and stops liliana ultimate. Sacred ground is neat too. What do your lists look like now?

@ captain:I haven't tested it...but usually if I'm using targeted removal I really want to get rid of something. I may try it Monday...on proxy day...

Round 1: Merfolk 2-0

Round 2: UW Miracles 0-2
    I messed up game 2 bad...played rip before flashing back ray of distortion and didn't understand the clique vs. entreat interaction.

Round 3: Ant 2-0
    I did get lucky here game 1...got a turn 2 runed halo naming tendrils and he scooped.

Round 4: Manaless Dredge 2-0

Overall, I really like having a more aggressive game plan and missed helm #3.

Max out your mana payment if you absolutely need to get rid of something and aren't expecting them to Crack a fetch in the next turn or two.

Oblivion Ring is even less reliable at getting rid of things permanently. It also can't be cast during your opponents turn at instant speed.

Absent hits everything unlike Path. Path can't remove a pithing needle naming helm so you can combo out. Absent can.

The fact that you basically outright win the game if you imprint it to a scepter and they don't have an answer for it in their hand already is just gravy. Between it and Orims Chant I went up to 3 Scepter.

Hi,

I finally won my local tournament! 4-0!!! And I played 3 main deck mana tithe's today! Yes, really. Since I didn't play Monday, in my last 3 tournaments with Quinn I am 9-2 overall in matches. I also realized sword of fire and ice with a spirit of the labyrinth is a nombo...so there's that too. In addition to the 4 games below I tested against WB confidant/stoneforge/liliana/lingering souls/discard before the tournament and went 2-0.

17x snow plains
    4x scrying sheets
    2x desert

4 top
    3 e tutor

4 swords
    3 Mana Tithe
    3 oblivion ring
    2 ensnaring bridge
    1 humility
    1 runed halo

4 rest in peace
    2 helm of obedience

3 stoneforge mystic
    2 spirit of the labyrinth
    1 ethersworn canonist
    1 batterskull
    1 sword of fire and ice
    1 elspeth, knight errant
    1 entreat the angels

SB:
    3 orim's chant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile
    2 ray of distortion
    1 wrath of god
    1 terminus
    1 spirit of the labyrinth
    1 humility
    1 rule of law
    1 mobilization

Round 1: Jund Depths 2-0
    I mana tithed a turn 1 entomb. Soon followed by RIP and ensnaring bridge.
    I dont remember game 2.

Round 2: Reanimator: 2-0
    Won game 1 despite a turn 2 or 3 griselbrand. Runed halo+stoneforge as fodder+ensnaring bridge+spirit of the labyrinth+RIP got there.
    Game 2 I mana tithed a t3 intuition. He gets 3 hits with the 5/5 flyer who kills something but I stabilize.

Round 3: UW stoneforge/tnn/jace 2-0
    Game 1 I mana tithe stoneforge and combo turn 5 or 6.
    Game 2 was very close. I end up seeing the 2nd combo piece as the 3rd top card the turn I needed it.

Round 4: UW wizards: 2-1
    Game 1 clique and meddling mage on swords plus spellstutter sprite got there.
    Game 2/3 I was able to stabilize.

Edit: Oh and I picked up a leyline of sanctity. 3 more to go...
    Last edited by kinda; 03-07-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Thread Information