Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1514

Thread: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Re: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Pulse of the fields or an abundance tutor target both combo with library to create a draw engine. Zuran orb too as sheets gets us a lot of land.

Yeah, Pulse of the Field is definitely on my "to try" list.
    I did not test the Abundance/ Library interaction (since I have the Abundance on paper but not on MTGO yet). How does it work exactly? Obviously you can triple-name non-land but you still have to pay 4 life or put back on top, right?

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    I did not test the Abundance/ Library interaction (since I have the Abundance on paper but not on MTGO yet). How does it work exactly? Obviously you can triple-name non-land but you still have to pay 4 life or put back on top, right?
    Abundance puts cards in to your hand (you do not draw them), so when Sylvan Library asks you to choose two cards you drew that turn, you don't have any, and so don't have to pay any life and get to keep all three cards.

Quote Originally Posted by area View Post
    Abundance puts cards in to your hand (you do not draw them), so when Sylvan Library asks you to choose two cards you drew that turn, you don't have any, and so don't have to pay any life and get to keep all three cards.
    Yeah as long as you use abundance all three times you get three cards and pay no life. I believe this gets around leovold too which normally shuts down library but not 100% on this.
    Last edited by kinda; 03-03-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Yeah as long as you use abundance all three times you get three cards and pay no life. I believe this gets around leovold too which normally shuts down library but not 100% on this.
    Correct the same way you can dredge 3 times with library and you don't have to pay life to keep the cards because you are replacing the draws. Library only cares about the cards you have drawn that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    Correct the same way you can dredge 3 times with library and you don't have to pay life to keep the cards because you are replacing the draws. Library only cares about the cards you have drawn that turn.
    Did you ever end up trying Sylvan Quinn, or did you stay a top purist?
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

The new Serra planewalker looks awesome for Quinn.

Combos beautifully with Moat. Planewalkers are amazing with lock pieces, and the Worship effect is fantastic with all the token generators Quinn plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    The new Serra planewalker looks awesome for Quinn.

Combos beautifully with Moat. Planewalkers are amazing with lock pieces, and the Worship effect is fantastic with all the token generators Quinn plays.
    As I stated above, I'm not so sure about Quinn. It would be a completely dijfferent build than we are playing now (wich abviously doesn't mean it's a bad thing per se).
    She only seems great in a build where you replace Humility with Moat and where you shift your wincon from RiP/Helm (the best Oops-I-Win in the format) to a much slower full token condi, wich just seems slower and thus, worse.

But I would love to be proved wrong.

Yeah it doesn't work with bridge or humility.

Winter Maze

Went 1-3 at our Legacy night this time with almost the same list than I posted above.

Began nicely 2-1 against 8 Moon and lost the follow-up rounds against UR Delver, Phoenix and BUG Control (same player than last week).
    I drew my most expensive spells, was late by a turn, or didn't have anything relevant...

Sometimes the deck shits on you, although I did made some mistakes.

I don't really know if I'll change anything for next week. Maybe I'll even play something else, to get my mind out of Quinn for now.

Orims chant/abeyance/rip/swords/humility/Bridge makes the phoenix match pretty positive, that seems like a fluke.

With burn/UR delver you need enough relevant cards like leyline of sanctity/pulse of the fields/aegis of honor/cop red in your 75 or you'll just lose before you get to helm them.

Dodge bug control next week. You need to play very aggressively here and get lucky.

Winter Maze

Orims chant/abeyance/rip/swords/humility/Bridge makes the phoenix match pretty positive, that seems like a fluke.

True. So far this MU felt like a walk in the park everytime I encountered it on MTGO.
    Opponent had a sweet build however. He won the first round on T1 with the triple Phoenix and got the 2nd on the back of two Confident.
    I did not find Orim's on any game we played.

With burn/UR delver you need enough relevant cards like leyline of sanctity/pulse of the fields/aegis of honor/cop red in your 75 or you'll just lose before you get to helm them.
    Although I did have my LL of Sanctity T0 on the 2nd round I did'nt draw anything relevant. No Wrath, No choke, anything.
    To be Honest I don't really want to warp my SB for this MU.

Dodge bug control next week. You need to play very aggressively here and get lucky.
    If only :(

And you? Did you play anything interesting this week?

Choke and wog are too slow vs ur delver imo. Just need to combo ASAP. Lightning bolt matchups tend to have the lands strategy of, well we just need to combo win and try to race. I would try running four helms if you have them and shave some of your other 3/4 cc drops.

I always play silliness, check out the new and development section on here. Minotaurs next week, get pumped!

Winter Maze

Went 3-2 In a MTGO league with a bit of a subpar list.

Won 2-1 vs BUG Worldgorger Combo
    An interesting list, a mix between BUG Control and the combo.

Won 2-1 UR Delver

Loss 0-2 StandStill
    Scrying Sheets was really good G1 but Jace stayed way too long. I coulnd't keep the distance G2 as every spell I played was countered.

Won 2-0 Show and Tell

Loss 1-2 Slow Depths
    G2 I kept a mediocre 6 but a mull to 5 would probably have been even worse since my opponent played T1 and T2 Bob...

Went 3-2 In a MTGO league with a bit of a subpar list.

Won 2-1 vs BUG Worldgorger Combo
    An interesting list, a mix between BUG Control and the combo.

Won 2-1 UR Delver

Loss 0-2 StandStill
    Scrying Sheets was really good G1 but Jace stayed way too long. I coulnd't keep the distance G2 as every spell I played was countered.

Won 2-0 Show and Tell

Loss 1-2 Slow Depths
    G2 I kept a mediocre 6 but a mull to 5 would probably have been even worse since my opponent played T1 and T2 Bob...
    Winning prizes with Quinn...woot!!🎊

Winter Maze

Winning prizes with Quinn...woot!!🎊
    Yeah, with an out-dated list and some bad luck. I could have 4-1.
    A 5-0 is not out of reach.

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure the London Mulligan would be terrible for us.

Yeah, with an out-dated list and some bad luck. I could have 4-1.
    A 5-0 is not out of reach.

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure the London Mulligan would be terrible for us.
    ...I bought Quinn as my first legacy deck. Then...they printed jace the mind sculpter...abrupt decay...banned top...printed good creatures that don't care about the gy (unlike goyf/goose/kotr) more walkers and Kolaghans command. The new mulligan will be nothing, we've had worse.

Winter Maze

Nov 2016
    Los Angeles, CA

Any updated lists, put together parfait and looking to try this version too

Quote Originally Posted by Elpresidente View Post
    Any updated lists, put together parfait and looking to try this version too

This is the list I'll play at our Legacy night tomorrow. BEWARE though, the SB is extremely meta-oriented. You might not want to run it as it is.

I think aedemial's list is solid...might cut the cast out, possibly ratchet bomb, and one o-ring for the third helm/pithing needle effect/either abundance or words of Wilding (both combo with library). I'd swap one humility with the runed halo in the board as my meta has tendrils.
    The deck can definitely be adjusted for your meta, if you're not worried about maindeck artifact hate run a second isochron scepter (then probably side them out g2). Or if there's no burn you don't need the four leylines probably.

Winter Maze

I think aedemial's list is solid...might cut the cast out, possibly ratchet bomb, and one o-ring for the third helm/pithing needle effect/either abundance or words of Wilding (both combo with library). I'd swap one humility with the runed halo in the board as my meta has tendrils.
    The deck can definitely be adjusted for your meta, if you're not worried about maindeck artifact hate run a second isochron scepter (then probably side them out g2). Or if there's no burn you don't need the four leylines probably.
    A few words about this.
    I do agree that the O-ring are somewhat too slow sometimes, and I think you're right, I will try to swap one (as a start) for a needle. But overall yes, there are a few flex spots here, ratchet bomb being the major one.

I can definitely see a third Helm in here. Do you think it would just be better than Mobilization?
    Mobi' is a good card on it's own while Helm wins on the spot but is a dead draw a lot of the time.

I'm quite reluctant about Abundance and words of Wilding. They're both stellar with Library but are just dead without it, and since your opponent usually wants to get rid of it asap...

I would be hesitant to add another Isochron Scepter as well. The meta (my meta at least) is filled with Decay/A-trophy.

A question now: What do you guys think about replacing another O-ring with Ixalan's Binding or Gideon's intervention?

I think in the end we probably need another wincon, but it would need te be:
    -3 mana or less
    -Faster than Mobilization
    -Can win by itself and doesn't rely on another card.
    I don't think small Gideon fulfill this role efficiently enough. Let's hope for a Modern horizon surprise...

Thread Information