Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1514

Thread: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Re: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

I like having a e tutor wincon on its own like mobilization which is sweet with humility obviously. If you cut it you can run caltrops though which also combos with humility. The other option I've considered is the 4 cc white god thing that makes tokens. The need to win through bridge requirement is tough. If you've got moat your options increase. G1 I'm fine just relying on helm to win.

I've never actually run words but I really want to for fun. Abundance is OK on its own then broken with library...or two of them.

Those two are interesting but I feel like four drops in this deck need to win you the game. For me that's planes walkers, helm, humility, possibly abundance. Moat if you've got one depending on meta.

I think I'll run this on Tuesday, haven't run sylvan Quinn in months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I like having a e tutor wincon on its own like mobilization
    That's absolutely true. That would be the main reason to play mobi'

If you cut it you can run caltrops though which also combos with humility.
    I hate Caltrops. To me it's exactly a card that doesn't do anything on it's own. At best it prevent Young Pizy+tokens to attack... meh... AND it costs !!! Eurk...

The other option I've considered is the 4 cc white god thing that makes tokens.
    Yeah I thought about Heliod for a while, but the Indestructible upgrade doesn't seem that good compared to an increase of CMC and token cost. Also we can't really have the devotion reliably.

G1 I'm fine just relying on helm to win.
    Does it mean you would be okay putting all your alternate wincons in the side?

Abundance is OK on its own then broken with library...or two of them.
    I see that's indeed a way to make good use of redundant Libraries.

Following-up our discussion yesterday I wonder if it wouldn't be worth trying a "Gideon-Package".
    If you take my previous list, I would go as follow:
    -Elspeth + Gideon AoZ
    -mobi' -O-ring +2 Gideon otT

Plus the already existing Gideon, that would be 4 Gideon. Koplinchen is testing 3 in their MWC list.
    I don't know what the critical mass would be to abuse the "you can't lose the game" emblem.
    I don't now, I might test that in a near futur.

I'm completely fine running just rip helm md. It's getting one surgical'd g2 or otherwise stopped which is an issue.

Gideon is excellent, I'll try to borrow some for Tuesday. Never ran it cuz I don't own them.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

I went 2-2 yesterday.
    Won VS Miracles and Antiquities War. Lost to Jund and Elves (I'm actually extremely fucking pissed about this one. At some point I lost my focus, which led me to an incredible punt G2 which made me lose the game, which made me lose the whole match. I hate myself about this).

Overall the deck went great:
    -Scrying sheets was stellar the whole day.
    -triple choke in the side VS Miracles isn't overrated.

VS Jund 4LL side was good, but it's still a bad match up with Decay/A-trophy. In the end, with the number of enchantment removal I faced, I'm quite tempted to replace the Nevermore with Sterling Grove. I will sleep on this.

I'm completely fine running just rip helm md. It's getting one surgical'd g2 or otherwise stopped which is an issue.
    I don't know about this. It seem to me that you're willing to lose a lot of SideBoard space for this. But whatever, it could be a matter of playstyle.
    Last edited by aedemiel; 03-15-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    I went 2-2 yesterday.
    Won VS Miracles and Antiquities War. Lost to Jund and Elves (I'm actually extremely fucking pissed about this one. At some point I lost my focus, which led me to an incredible punt G2 which made me lose the game, which made me lose the whole match. I hate myself about this).

Overall the deck went great:
    -Scrying sheets was stellar the whole day.
    -triple choke in the side VS Miracles isn't overrated.

VS Jund 4LL side was good, but it's still a bad match up with Decay/A-trophy. In the end, with the number of enchantment removal I faced, I'm quite tempted to replace the Nevermore with Sterling Grove. I will sleep on this.

I don't know about this. It seem to me that you're willing to lose a lot of SideBoard space for this. But whatever, it could be a matter of playstyle.
    2-2 is fine **** happens, keep calm and carry on! Elves is normally a good matchup. They can't get rid of scepter chant or bridge or humility game one. Chant counters glimpse. I beat elves in my last round when I went 4-0. Then the next Tuesday I beat elves again on camera (twitch link is on the previous page or two).

Also all of my advice should be taken with a large grain of salt . You're probably right that no alt wincon md is bad.

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Don't give up!
    Overall I think your list isn't exactly tuned for heavy control MU (like Miracles).

About the list:

I really don't like Mana Tithe. I think it's a dead card a lot of the time.

How were the 2 scepters MD? Do you side them out a lot?

Also, curious about Desert. How was it?

Ohran Viper???
    Why? How? Against what???

I also have severall question about your side, but it's probably meta-dependent.

Mana tithe is terrible but no one expects it and helps you not lose early where the deck is weak.

You can draw ohran viper with Scrying sheets .

Desert is old tech, ran it for nostalgia.

Yes, scepter is often my first cut but it's very good md.

Winter Maze

Went 3-1 yesterday with this as aforementioned "Chaddeon" list:

Won match one VS UR Delver 2-1
    G1: Opponent as medium pressure and I just "Oops-I-Win".
    G2: This time the pressure was much better with an early Pyromancer and Wee Dragonauts. I keep a long distance with a Gideon fortress (Emblem+Token every turn) but can't seem to find an answer. TNN seal the deal.
    G3: The pressure was good again, but he burnt his ressources a bit too fast. I "Oops-I-Win"while he only had one card in hand.

Won match two VS DnT 2-0
    G1: My opponed kept a hand with two vials but no Thalia. I get a lucky Humility and Helm my way to the win.

G2: Opponent kept a risky one lander with one vial. He casts a T4 Hokori, Dust Drinker (hell that's a blast from the past!). At this point they have Hokori, Thalia, SFM and a Jitte they can't equip because of Hokori. I do the maths and count that he can't kill me before I wipe the board. I slowly untap my lands and cast à 5 mana Wrath of God. I then proceed to get the best lock in the world with Humility, Bridge with hellbent, small Gideon "You-can't-lose-the-game" Emblem.

Won match three VS Phoenix Storm 2-0
    G1: I keep a T2 RiP and cast a T4 Choke. Opponent durdles a bit and conceded when he saw the "Oops-I-Win" Helm T5.

G2:I keep a solid hand and it went as such:
    T0: Leyline
    T1: Tutor
    T2: Canonist
    T3: Choke
    T4 Orim
    Opponent conceded.

Lost the final VS Grixis Delver 0-2
    G1: He casts a TNN and counters the few ways I have to interact with it. I'm at 12 when I think I can maybe stabilize but my opponent showed me 3 bolts.

G2:I mulligan a no-lander and keep a terrible 6 with 3 4-mana spells. I think I could mayyyybeeee get a lucky Helm kill but my draws are terrible.

The list behaved nicely. Gideon didn't have the time to shine much but I feel like 4 could be too much. I might end up cutting one small Gid' if I feel 3 is the right number.

I finished second on 18 players. Not too bad, although I will probably play something else next week to take a break from all the "You just got lucky" and "Your deck is so bad".
    Last edited by aedemiel; 03-23-2019 at 04:25 AM.

I finished second on 18 players. Not too bad, although I will probably play something else next week to take a break from all the "You just got lucky" and "Your deck is so bad".
    Congrats! Winning with decks people decided are bad is my favorite part of magic.

Winter Maze

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Congrats! Winning with decks people decided are bad is my favorite part of magic.
    This. The best part is the salt of people losing to "bad" decks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by megadeus View Post
    this. The best part is the salt of people losing to "bad" decks
    +1 lol
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    This. The best part is the salt of people losing to "bad" decks
    Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    +1 lol
    I guess I will just bring some really bad brews from now on...

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

I guess I will just bring some really bad brews from now on...
    Always a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    Always a good plan.
    , they need to be good enough to prize though. Spicy is my preferred term.

Winter Maze

New karn is incredible...right?

Winter Maze

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

new Karn into Mycosynth Lattice is my kind of Magic
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

it's good.
    Why didn't we played the previous Karn in the first place? Too slow?

it's good.
    Why didn't we played the previous Karn in the first place? Too slow?
    The deck should definitely run more pw's like you are, but I've only got one elspeth. I borrowed gideon last time.

Winter Maze

The deck should definitely run more pw's like you are, but I've only got one elspeth. I borrowed gideon last time.
    Well Gideon has been really good so far. I talked a bit in the "Oops, All Gideons!" thread which could honestly work I think.
    About Karn, it doesn't exactly fit our shell since we're not artifacts based. But it still a nice engine I guess.

Thread Information