Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1514

Thread: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Re: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    Well Gideon has been really good so far. I talked a bit in the "Oops, All Gideons!" thread which could honestly work I think.
    About Karn, it doesn't exactly fit our shell since we're not artifacts based. But it still a nice engine I guess.
    I'm not completely sold on Karn but think it's worth testing...I didn't pick them up yesterday but I'm at "magic fest" tomorrow again and might get them. New teferi is a hard lock with scepter chant...wonder if a UW build is possible or if we're just miraskillz then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I'm not completely sold on Karn but think it's worth testing...I didn't pick them up yesterday but I'm at "magic fest" tomorrow again and might get them. New teferi is a hard lock with scepter chant...wonder if a UW build is possible or if we're just miraskillz then.

I don't know...
    Teferi is powerfull indeed but the Orim's lock is already Game-over most of the time. Plus the UW build you're thinking about already exist, it would be RiP/Helm control (which is already a weak Miracle).

Showerthought: if we play Karn, we might want a "Manarock-package" Like Selesnya Signet and Mind Stone...

Showerthought: if we play Karn, we might want a "Manarock-package" Like Selesnya Signet and Mind Stone...
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

What I mean is that we don't play that many artifacts as is.

True, but helm of obedience beat down seems fine. Ensnaring Bridge beat down is exciting too.

Winter Maze

Yesterday I went 3-1 with this beauty:
    1 Karakas
    5 Snow-Covered Forest
    8 Snow-Covered Plains
    1 Temple Garden
    4 Scrying Sheets
    4 Windswept Heath

4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Sylvan Library

3 Orim's Chant
    1 Isochron Scepter
    2 Abeyance

1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Cast Out
    2 Humility

1 Runed Halo
    1 Choke
    1 Sterling Grove
    2 Pulse of the Fields

4 Rest in Peace
    3 Helm of Obedience
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    1 Mobilization
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Wrath of God
    1 Sterling Grove
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Containment Priest
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Choke

Won 2-0 VS BR Pox
    R1: He didn’t do much. Tried to slow me down with a T2 Smallpox but a T4 Helm→T5 activation got him.
    R2: A have a T0 Leyline which completely nullifies his T3 Liliana and his discard spells. He destroys a few lands but Library sticks and I can take the time to ramp into Rip/Helm.
    Library is stellar in this MU since they can’t remove it.

Lost 2-0 VS Antiquities War.
    R1: I keep a bad hand but I got two bridges early which tempo for a good time. I Plow a Sai, Master Thopterist and O-ring a Karn. However my opponent got Chalices on 1 and 2. He then crack an Inventors' Fair for EE, destroy my Briges and swing for the win.
    R2: This one was quick. I have a T2 Library but what I see on top was quite terrible. I took 4 damage, passed the turn. Opponent played Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas who ultimated the turn after. Pulse doesn’t do anything when you lose 16 life in one go.

I don’t think this MU is terrible but I had some poor draws and my opponent was pretty good.

Won 2-1 VS BUG
    R1: I want a quick win and cast a T4 Helm that gets Pierced. However, Elspeth sticks (surprisingly) and does a great job.
    R2: It’s a risky keep with two Humility and one Wrath of God. Opponent shred my hand with two Thoughtseizes and then Surgical my RiPs and my Chokes. I can’t do much and die by the hand of Jace.
    R3: Opponent destroy my T2 Library and Surgical it. I then play the “do you have it?” game and cast a T3 Mobilization. It sticks and completely shift the game. I play Elspeth against his Jace. He plays TNN but can’t do much with it. I play Helm and RiP in the same turn when I know the coast is clear. Opponent then Jace-Brainstorm→Brainstorm→Ponder to find a decay. He doesn’t find it.
    He had exactly one turn to deal with it but couldn’t deal with the tokens anyway.
    Elspeth>Jace

Won 2-1 VS Aggro Loam
    My usual bad manner opponent.
    R1: I’m quickly hiding under a Bridge. I play a RiP that get Decayed. I then play another Bridge and another RiP that sticks.
    R2: I keep a bad hand. Opponent destroys my Library with a Knight of Autumn which slowed me a lot. He has two Bob in play and casts another one. I cast a Humility. He cast a Golgari Charm and swing for 8. I don’t draw anything.
    R3: This one was a slugfest. Opponent had a T2 Ooze which I poorly played around. I had a Bridge for a long time because my opponent was too busy dealing with my other enchantments. He had A LOT of answers. He P-fire me every turn but I cast Pulse all along the game. I then cast a Helm and consider I have a lot of live draws ( RiP obviously, but also Humility, Wrath of God…). He killed a Library, then killed a RiP (I sweat a lot when I see that I milled a Kaya, Orzhov Usurper with the Helm trigger), then died to another RiP.

This list feels great but we might want to change a few things for the (sadly) upcoming London Mulligan.

The guy who won the tournament was on Stoneblade, which made me think: How do I side against this deck exactly? I feel like I want everything.
    Last edited by aedemiel; 05-03-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Nice job! Vs SB I'd cut pulse/1 humility for choke/revoker. One leyline too I think to stop jace the skill card.

Winter Maze

Well, I agree that Humility is pretty bad in the face of all these equipments. Maybe replacing them with Wrath of God is fine.

I would love to side-in all of the Chokes. First as counter-baits but if they sticks, they're just great. You're probably right and Pulse isn't good.
    Keeping Runed-Halo seems perfect since we can name their two best cards (TNN and Jace).

Also, I don't think siding-in Leylines for 2 Jaces is good.

Maybe something like this:
    +3 Chokes
    +2 Wrath of God
    +1 Revoker
    +1 Sterling Grove
    -2 Pulse
    -2 Abeyance
    -1 Isochron Scepter
    -2 Humility

SB lists only run one disenchant for instant speed artifact removal right now, I checked mtgtop8.com. So I'd keep in the scepter.

Winter Maze

Major upgrade in modern horizons, full art snow plains and forests! http://mythicspoiler.com/mh1/ .

Winter Maze

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Major upgrade in modern horizons, full art snow plains and forests! http://mythicspoiler.com/mh1/ .
    I just saw that too. And I play snow covered in my mono w edh...

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    I just saw that too. And I play snow covered in my mono w edh...
    Me too .

Between new teferi and now ice-fang coatl I'm wondering if wug is possible...even just ug might be interesting.

Winter Maze

Good thing we already have our playset of Scrying Sheets.

EDIT: they just revealed this: Abominable Treefolk. It's probably not playable but it's worth noting.
    The Snake is nice too.

There is a new snow land which turns into a 2/3 which plays nicely with humility.

Winter Maze

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

There is a new snow land which turns into a 2/3 which plays nicely with humility.
    That it does. It also gives our opponents more wasteland targets so our sheets have a chance of sticking around. Do we want 4 is the question

Lot of things for us in this set!
    We probably won't play Ice-Skin Golem and I don't think Dead of Winter is worth splashing for, but Arcum's Astrolabe and On Thin Ice are actually interesting.

EDIT: I completely overlooked it, but if you up our land count a bit, this could be playable: Glacial Revelation
    Last edited by aedemiel; 05-29-2019 at 06:26 AM.

I guess we're splashing blue now???

I guess we're splashing blue now???
    Just uw should be good now with this plus teferi I think 🤔.

Edit: Slumber Quinn!

Winter Maze

Arf... Need to buy Snow-Covered Islands now...

Thread Information