Thread: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

Re: [Deck] Quinn The Eskimo- Aka, The Mighty Quinn

So the complete line is:
    — Cast Jegantha
    — Opponent's turn
    — Cast Living Wish+Bringer
    — Opponent's turn
    — Get CA

That's slow and not really on Legacy powerlevel.
    But it only takes two cards in our SB so I guees it's mostly fine?

HOWEVER that being said I think there is a build to craft with Living Wish. This is a really powerfull card that can get a lot of answers for the degenerate combos we see today: Karakas (incredible right now), Drannith Magistrate, Containment Priest, Ethersworn Canonist, Knight of Autumn...

I tried to tinker with it a moment ago and it was already promising.
    Last edited by aedemiel; 04-28-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    So the complete line is:
    — Cast Jegantha
    — Opponent's turn
    — Cast Living Wish+Bringer
    — Opponent's turn
    — Get CA

That's slow and not really on Legacy powerlevel.
    But it only takes two cards in our SB so I guees it's mostly fine?

HOWEVER that being said I think there is a build to craft with Living Wish. This is a really powerfull card that can get a lot of answers for the degenerate combos we see today: Karakas (incredible right now), Drannith Magistrate, Containment Priest, Ethersworn Canonist, Knight of Autumn...

I tried to tinker with it a moment ago and it was already promissing.
    Nice! Yeah I'll need to test bringer but only being 1 SB slot seems fine. I've durdled plenty mid game with quinn, this would help I think. Plus if you've got 7 lands plus two astrolabes you don't need jegantha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

It looks good but I don't think turn 2 drannith is good enough, I don't like it but think we need chrome mox. Uba mask I need to test, I think it hoses our libraries. I'll either run one as an e-tutor option or in some karn board I think.

Edit: marit lage's slumber is pretty strong btw.

Edit 2: Sigarda looks excellent.
    Last edited by kinda; 04-28-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Yeah, I went for 3 Drannith because companions are everywhere right now. But it's probably too much.

I'm not too sure about Karn. I think a Karn-Board would make our Side atrocious, since it's already made weird because of Living Wish.

With the few testings I did, Slumber was pretty lackluster. I guess I will have to test further more!

bruizar

Pretty sure you want Yorion over Jegantha. It lets you trigger Coatls and Astrolabes to draw a few cards. Is the drawback that crucial for this deck?

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Pretty sure you want Yorion over Jegantha. It lets you trigger Coatls and Astrolabes to draw a few cards. Is the drawback that crucial for this deck?
    The yorion snoko deck is held together with cantrips, not sure if we could do 80. I run this in paper too, not thrilled about needing to shuffle 80 either. But...I bet yorion would be fine in some quinn build. Probably just snoko with e tutuor/rip/helm/scrying sheets/some silver bullets.

Winter Maze

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I mean... You're right. But at this point we would just be a worse SnowKo.

So, how do we build Quinn now, if we want the best possible Yorion match-up?

So, how do we build Quinn now, if we want the best possible Yorion match-up?
    I'm not convinced yorion will dominate but either 80 or 60 card snoko will I bet. Rip plus energy field and not running creatures or artifacts md (except helm since we can hold it till we win) and lots of walkers like oko, teferi, and karn. We might be able to outgrind them with scrying sheets. There's a good case to run yorion ourselves but I'll try jegantha too. Tbh though I think we need to see how things look next week, this week will be very interesting.

Winter Maze

I don't know. I think we are heading toward a Yorion dominated format with Posts decks as T2. I hope I'm wrong.
    Anyway, I will play a few games with a living Wish version. Pretty sure there is something to do here.

I don't know. I think we are heading toward a Yorion dominated format with Posts decks as T2. I hope I'm wrong.
    Anyway, I will play a few games with a living Wish version. Pretty sure there is something to do here.
    Definitely possible, I hope not though...not sure if I've ever beaten post with Quinn. Let me how it goes .

Winter Maze

So this new court of cunning thing is completely bonkers in Slumber Quinn...

Winter Maze

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    So this new court of cunning thing is completely bonkers in Slumber Quinn...
    Well, yes, my dear Kinda. We, men of culture, know what the best tier 0 deck will be.

Could Quinn optimally abuse the Court of Grace + Solitary Confinement combo? The deck already plays enlightened tutor.

I think it's a superior win condition to Grindstone + Painter by every metric, especially resiliency and utility of the cards outside of the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Could Quinn optimally abuse the Court of Grace + Solitary Confinement combo? The deck already plays enlightened tutor.

I think it's a superior win condition to Grindstone + Painter by every metric, especially resiliency and utility of the cards outside of the combo.
    I think the white court combos better with humility which is good on its own but possibly!

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I donated this list to ThrabenU to try out on stream. I've only ever tried W, WG, or WU Quinn so curious how this goes.
    Yes!
    Do you know when Phil's gonna stream this? I want to be in the chat when it happens.

Yes!
    Do you know when Phil's gonna stream this? I want to be in the chat when it happens.
    Nice! I've been told 6pm EST on Weds.

Winter Maze

Yes!
    Not sure if you got to tune in but Phil went positive! Spoilers below.

Video link: https://youtu.be/WM1RPr0FzLk

Beat delver, snoko, High tide. Loss 1 was to paradigm shift plus thassa's oracle merfolk...we won the game they went for the Aggro win but lost the two they combo'd. No real outs to this...oh well. Loss 2, also in three to maverick. The one game we likely should of won but went for wurmcoil engine which got stuck in our hand and lost behind our bridge trying to dump it .

Edit: read thassa's oracle again...wut do we do vs this...torpor orb is the only thing which comes to mind.
    Last edited by kinda; 12-18-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Winter Maze

Thread Information