Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Source Tournament VIII

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Re: Round 6: Source Tournament VII

Quote Originally Posted by Atwa View Post
    Sorry man.

Although some of those cards I've drawn were the whole purpose of the deck, lots of luck was involved.
    It's eating at me to know what you're playing now.

Though I think Illissius will kill me long before I get to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's eating at me to know what you're playing now.

Though I think Illissius will kill me long before I get to find out.
    I also thought Tao was going to wreck me, like always. Some luck and an unknown deck can really do wonderfull things though.

My deck is good only against some archtypes and really sucks against others, it mostly depends on luck. I've already written a primer about the deck which I'll post after I'm finished with the tournament, together with a report.

In about (maximum) a week you'll know what I play. Or you should win your next round, then you get to play against it :) I think it's in my advantage we didn't release decklists, now I've still got some nasty suprises. Ask White-ghost how he felt after our thirth game.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

I also thought Tao was going to wreck me, like always. Some luck and an unknown deck can really do wonderfull things though.

My deck is good only against some archtypes and really sucks against others, it mostly depends on luck. I've already written a primer about the deck which I'll post after I'm finished with the tournament, together with a report.

In about (maximum) a week you'll know what I play. Or you should win your next round, then you get to play against it :) I think it's in my advantage we didn't release decklists, now I've still got some nasty suprises. Ask White-ghost how he felt after our thirth game.
    You don't even need to, just read Atwa's sig.
    If he didn't do what he did, I was winning that next turn.

Instead, I took the bullet train to frowntown.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

I could just copy-paste what Tao wrote, I was also simply lucked away.
    Actually the 2nd game was acceptable. I had my average draw and won.
    But g1 and g3 sucked.

Anyways, Van Phanel won 2-1

This is what my build looks like:

// Lands
    2 [ON] Polluted Delta
    1 [RAV] Mountain (1)
    2 [RAV] Island (1)
    3 [UL] Faerie Conclave
    4 [4E] Mishra's Factory
    4 [R] Volcanic Island
    1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
    3 [TE] Wasteland
    2 [ON] Bloodstained Mire

// Spells
    4 [AT] Lightning Bolt
    4 [AP] Fire/Ice
    3 [GP] Repeal
    2 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
    4 [OD] Standstill
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [CS] Counterbalance
    3 [BOK] Disrupting Shoal
    2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    2 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    SB: 3 [4E] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 3 [4E] Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
    SB: 3 [SC] Stifle

UR Landstill doesn't suck by the way. You just don't see the potential.^^
    But this way actually a experimental build. But I was doomed to play with it because I misclicked and copy-pasted the wrong security code (I sent the code of this build instead of the good one, Counterbalance was not meant to be in the maindeck.) I'll post the actual build into the landstill thread for discussion.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Gettin owned by MWS really sucks, but now you've spoiled the decks of 2 people still in the running.

I'd suggest you erase that part of the post, since we ould have a Top 8 where noone still knows which decks we all play.
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Gettin owned by MWS really sucks, but now you've spoiled the decks of 2 people still in the running.

I'd suggest you erase that part of the post, since we ould have a Top 8 where noone still knows which decks we all play.
    Ok, I erased it, but usually, in Single Eliminations each other has to show the opponent the decklists.

I had a lot of informations before, so actually I could have an advantage.
    I knew where to look after these and that builds.

So where's the problem? wastedlife already said that he runs TES, Tao ran GBw Survival and I ran UR Landstill. What Tacosnape runs should also be obvious.
    And I also know what you play (which makes me think that Van Phanel will lose in the Semifinals since I also did some playtesting and met Glix on MWS, playing that deck).
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Hold on! I have a 12/12
    Mar 2007
    Germany

You got something wrong here Adan:

If I'm playing Atwa, then it will only be in the finals. In the semis, I'll get the winner from Di-Wastedlife.

And another thing: You can sure quote Tao's post, but not the part about losing an 80% matchup. That would just not be correct. I'd rather say our matchup is 50-50 maybe (and only maybe) slightly preferring you.

I won't deny the fact that MWs hated you and liked me in 2 of the 3 games though and the other way round only in 1 game.

Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

I had no idea what Tacoscape was running until I read your post. It doesn't matter that much to me, since I haven't tested the matchup yet, but I believe Parcher said he didn't want us to release our decklists.

Anyway, who is Glix and how does he know what I'm playing? The only place I've posted the list so far is on our teamboards (of which I can guarentee he didn't acces). Maybe if he played me on MWS he might have some general idea, but I really doubt it.

Anyway, this doesn't matter all that much. I'm fine with releasing my decklist (or just say what kind of deck I'm playing) if Parcher askes me to.

I do however, prefer to keep it unknown for a little while, because even if I've read now what archtype my (possible) next opponent is playing, I still have no idea what his list looks like. His archtype is one of those with nummerous tuning options.

And btw, Tao also didn't have a 80% matchup against me. I think if I really had to give numbers, it would be 55-60% max. Anyway, we'll see after the decklists all have been released and some people can have done some testing. I do not really care about numbers. These evolve too much of people's expecience with their decks.
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

Anyway, who is Glix and how does he know what I'm playing? The only place I've posted the list so far is on our teamboards (of which I can guarentee he didn't acces). Maybe if he played me on MWS he might have some general idea, but I really doubt it.
    Glix is a random MWS guy and plays a different deck from you.

And btw, Tao also didn't have a 80% matchup against me. I think if I really had to give numbers, it would be 55-60% max. Anyway, we'll see after the decklists all have been released and some people can have done some testing. I do not really care about numbers. These evolve too much of people's expecience with their decks.
    Seriously, you cannot win this matchup realistically. I fear only 1 card in your deck (the card you had 2 of early in G2) and I have enough solutions for that card.

The luck in Game 3 would have brought you a million $ in any lottery and even though you topdecked for 8 turns and I was mana screwed it was only the 8th Topdeck in a row that won you the game.
    But usually I draw lands and usually you stop topdecking the perfect card at least for 1 turn.

@Parcher: Sorry for posting the result too early! I missed that you wanted us to post results later.

Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    Seriously, you cannot win this matchup realistically. I fear only 1 card in your deck (the card you had 2 of early in G2) and I have enough solutions for that card.
    We'll discuss that after the tournament is played, ok? Since you seem to forget you had kept me at 2 lands almost the whole game 1. Let's not spam this thread anymore with arguing who's deck is better.

I'll make a thread for these kind of arguments
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Yeah, I think we should wait until after the T8 for discussing anything besides our own decks, if that. For example, knowing that Tao's Survival deck is supposed to have an excellent matchup against Atwa's already lets one make some educated guesses about what Atwa is playing. Not good.

Alternately, make all the lists public at the start; but Parcher decided otherwise, and as some matches have already been played, it would be unfair to them to do it now.
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

I just opened a new finals thread.

I think it is a good idea for the losing player to post their list each round.

I will also ask that the finals players post the game log.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Thread Information