Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Deck] Peach Garden Lich.DEC

Re: [Deck] Peach Garden Lich.DEC

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    How do you tutor Lich?
    Well I don't apparently...but enlightened tutor can grab lich/pattern/shield sphere/library so might be worthwhile. Probably could shave 1 or 2 lich for etutor? Cruel bargain can find lich, and library plus children is a draw engine of sorts. Plunge into darkness and diabolic intent are options too.

Side note...Chalice is a big concern but using evoke on Ingot chewer helps here...you can then sac it to culling the weak before the sac trigger resolves. This also helps with the tendrils possibly decking you issue. I could swap tendrils for burning wish and imprint chewer on chrome mox to cast it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

May 2015
    PDX

Every time I think about a list with Lich, I always end up at the conclusion that it should be used as 'deck'ropotence with a Lab Maniac finish. The best card I find to turn on Lich is always Horizon Chimera, but I haven't looked too hardly for its wording elsewhere. So once you draw a single card, you will deck yourself 1 trigger at a time. The best card to cast Lab Man [1x] at instant speed is Savage Summoning [1x] (beats Sudden Shock!), and to get the green mana and colorless component you need to draw ESG [3x]. Given that you're drawing the deck once you go off, the jankiness doesn't matter; it's really just a challenge to see how few slots you can invest into this. Note how every instant speed draw effect with combo on board (Chimera + Lich) is effectively a counterspell as it buries any non-split second interaction under a pile of triggers to deck yourself - so we're playing Brainstorm (SDT too once it's unbanned, which should happen whenever they ban Counterbalance).

The combo version should begin looking like:
    Brainstorm x4
    ESG x3
    Lab Man x1
    Savage Summoning x1
    Horizon Chimera x2 or 3
    Lich x2
    Dark Ritual x4
    Discard x7 or 8 (Duress/Coll. Brutality and Thoughtseize)

Brings the deck to around 24 cards, and lets reserve 20 slots as lands (not that this number is optimal, but more to get the idea of what's left to work with). The ~16 cards left probably include Ponder x4, a Vamp Tutor substitute like Lim-Dul's Vault x2, a turn 1 oops I win card b/c Dark Rit is in the deck (Lilly, Last Hope x3-4), and something else that improves consistency. Pretty rough draft, but if you're playing Lich, you probably need to focus on a combo kill or artifact-centric black stax type cards.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

What a legendary necro

#FreeNedleeds
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

@fox: It's an interesting concept definitely but it doesn't feel like peach garden lich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Well it was nice imagining that it is 2007 again.

Thread Information