Page 527 of 533 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    W6 in general completely wrecks DnT. Pinging our guys for 1 damage is very tough on us and the 2 mana crucible of worlds that is W6 makes our taxing effects much less potent. If W6 continues to be so pervasive, DnT will either have to adapt or die.
    Maybe is a stompy version, like it is played in MKM Series 2019 Frankfurt from Seipel, a better D&T version for this meta? Also considering the new london mulligan rules...

https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=22689&d=354838&f=LE

He arrive in top8 in a 282 player tournament and i think the deck is more a death & taxes version than an eldrazi version

Also, [[Tomik, Distinguished Advokist]] would work well, but he can't be tutored via recuiter.

Sent from my Android Palantír using Tapatalk

Jul 2018
    San Francisco, CA

Repeatable removal is certainly interesting. Delver & Angler are reasonable targets. Marit Lage, Emrakul to a lesser extent. I don't think this makes the cut, but I'm interested if anyone has thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    W6 in general completely wrecks DnT. Pinging our guys for 1 damage is very tough on us and the 2 mana crucible of worlds that is W6 makes our taxing effects much less potent. If W6 continues to be so pervasive, DnT will either have to adapt or die.
    Anyone considered going with the Red splash again? Magus of the Moon stops the W6 land recursion. It's not a complete solution but like anything else with D&T, its the accumulation of small pieces that put the choke hold on decks. Revoker shuts down W6 obviously. One Mom and one Magus shut it down also.

Celestial Purge doesn't seem terrible considering it also deals with Plague Engineer.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by JitteJitte View Post

Repeatable removal is certainly interesting. Delver & Angler are reasonable targets. Marit Lage, Emrakul to a lesser extent. I don't think this makes the cut, but I'm interested if anyone has thoughts.
    How come this is a removal?
    In a two player game, this does nothing except forcing the equipped creature to attack you (Because it is not able to attack another player).

Jul 2018
    San Francisco, CA

In 2 player, a goaded creature cannot attack. It would sit on the board as a blocker, allowing time to move into the late game.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by JitteJitte View Post
    In 2 player, a goaded creature cannot attack. It would sit on the board as a blocker, allowing time to move into the late game.
    Unfortunately that is not how it works.

If the creature can't attack a player other than you, then it must attack you or a planeswalker if it can. This is most likely when the game is down to two players. And keep in mind that a goaded creature remains goaded until your next turn. So if another player gains control of it before then, it attacks under the same conditions if able.
    You can see the rule explained here.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jul 2018
    San Francisco, CA

Whoops! My mistake. Apologies for diluting the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Anyone considered going with the Red splash again? Magus of the Moon stops the W6 land recursion. It's not a complete solution but like anything else with D&T, its the accumulation of small pieces that put the choke hold on decks. Revoker shuts down W6 obviously. One Mom and one Magus shut it down also.

Celestial Purge doesn't seem terrible considering it also deals with Plague Engineer.
    Hi. Why not just consider 2 Rip in Main? It destroys many decks.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
    Hi. Why not just consider 2 Rip in Main? It destroys many decks.
    The problem is not about recursing lands i guess. It's more about having a turn one repeatable pinger.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Has Force of Virtue been discussed as an answer to W6? Some even push this concept further with Squadron Hawk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

No more discussion on this deck? Death and Taxes in this configuration is no more considerated a deck to beat... we have to research a new configuration for return competitive tier 1 deck. I think:
    1)giver of runes instead mom
    2)3 copy of tomik instead serra avenger and crusader/ other stupid creature
    3) play more sanctum prelate on main
    4)seem foolish but i think we have to reduce the number of flickerwisp...
    My idea is simple: reduce the number of x/1 to only 4 copy of thalia , 2 revoker and MAYBE 2 recruiter of the guard. Became more an heavy lock deck and use only the stoneforge package for fighting creature.
    What do you think?

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Just play the UW version I've been running for the past few months? %) Geist of Saint Traft solves many problems with our creatures' resiliency. Also, make sure to try Epochrasite.

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    Just play the UW version I've been running for the past few months? %) Geist of Saint Traft solves many problems with our creatures' resiliency. Also, make sure to try Epochrasite.
    Lol I was just looking at Epochrasite yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    What's your updated list again? :)

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

If that can help a guy posted on the french legacy forum saying he is testing 2 Jotun Grunt to better handle W6.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Jotun Grunt is one of those guys that's very good when it works but just too unreliable and annoyingly generally card disadvantage to actually win games with. It requires a very specific metagame to shine. Again, W6's pinging is the main problem and between Mom, Thalia, Revoker (though Revoker itself answers W6 and thus can't really be a problem there) and Flickerwisp, much of our power is behind X/1s and those cards aren't really replaceable (Thalia and Flickerwisp in particular). Mom in particular is so good when it comes online but W6 can just keep it down pretty reliably. The fact that Giver can't protect itself makes it far less potent on many boards. Sadly, this is a Thalia-deck and Thalia just became incredibly much weaker with W6. I think much like with Kolaghan's Command, we just sort of have to accept that RG is a poor match-up (much as RB is problematic but Kolaghan's costing 3 at least makes it more beatable) or rebuild the deck ground-up quite probably losing much of what made it good in the first place. Some sort of Humans base could be more resilient to W6 but without Phantasmal Image, Meddling Mage/Sanctum Prelate/Freebooter lose much of their power and PI just seems too bad against W6 to play if that's the problem we want to solve. No matter how you spin it, you want Thalia at least and Thalia and Taxes are going to be weak to W6 no matter what.

I placed 28th in the SCG Syracuse open with the list below. I won't profess that this list is necessarily optimized. I didn't test as much as I'd like and I have never played a match with Giver of Runes yet. I may opt to run them as a concession to Engineer and Wrenn depending on how the meta shakes out.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/132873

Matches :
    R1 : 0-2 vs U/W Stoneblade
    R2: 2-0 vs G/W Depths
    R3: 2-1 vs RUG Delver
    R4: 2-1 vs Red Stompy (Wilson Hunter)
    R5: 2-1 vs 4c Astroble control
    R6: 1-1-1 vs U/W Stoneblade
    R7: 2-0 vs G/W Depths
    R8: 2-1 vs RUG Delver (Dylan Hand)
    R9: 2-0 G/B Depths
    R10: 2-0 vs G/B Depths (Ross Mirriam)
    R11: 2-0 vs RUG Delver
    R12: 2-0 vs 4c Astrolabe control (Aiden Brier)
    R13: 1-2 vs 4c Loam (Jon Orr)
    R14: 1-2 vs Elves (Charles Azuelos)
    R15: 0-2 vs RUG Delver (Matt Tumavitch)

Dropping round one seems to be a recent trend for me. My last two 1k events went round one loss into top 8, and it was looking like this had the same trajectory for a time.

Round 12 and 14 were on camera feature matches. Check it out if you want to see why Cataclysm is a good card, or see me struggle against Elves. I made a brain-dead play against Elves in game two, but won despite it. Game three was almost as fortunate a mull to five that I could hope for, but drew Mom a turn too late.

The loam match was a slugfest. Sanctum Prelate was the game one hero. I took a poor line when I chose to fetch a Flickerwisp instead of a Revoker on Knight in game two. Not sure if that would have made the difference there. Game three went long, and saw me cast a Cataclysm. I think I pull it out if I find a StP or CJ at any point of the game, but not meant to be.

The best Cataclysm of the tournament came in round 6 to kill Jace, Gideon, and like 6 lands to steal game two. I had lethal damage in game three if we had one more turn so it ended as a draw.

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

I watched the Legacy stream during my nightshifts. Seemed like a really fair playing field overall.

At least you didnt pun as hard as the storm player did in his G1 in the finals. Dude has everything he needs, commentator: He has it as long as he doesnt go down to 1 card. *storm player proceeds to go down to 1 card in hand.* Opponent seems to think for a bit, chat goes: Oh shit here we go. Snap into K command.

I was slow clapping irl for that play.
    Decks I own: 2x DnTx [B,G,R], Deadguy Ale, Maverick, Elves, Enchantress [WG/GU], Goblins, (Shardless) BUG, Food Chain, Aluren, High tide (reset/spiral), UR delver, RUG delver, Grixis Delver, Reanimator, Lands, Dark Depths (turbo / selesnya / hoogaak)

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. A.E. (1879 - 1955)

What is the general opinion on Cavern of Souls? I have been running 2 and it hasn't felt as strong as it used to. I suppose creature diversity in our deck hampers it a bit, seems like the 10-12 basic plains are serving people better.

Thread Information