Page 199 of 533 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

No one is playing Gut Shot? I think it's way better than Sunlnce, since you only lose if you get aggro'd out by UR. And Gut Shot makes the infect match up a joke, and gives you a chance vs. elves.

Sep 2010
    MNL

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    No one is playing Gut Shot? I think it's way better than Sunlnce, since you only lose if you get aggro'd out by UR. And Gut Shot makes the infect match up a joke, and gives you a chance vs. elves.
    What's your latest list Bahra?

As of right now I have 2 Gut Shot in my board, not 100% on those but gonna test em tonight. My local meta is literally swarming with UR atm...

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

I've looked at it.
    Every time I played against Infect, I felt our deck was well suited to hinder their battle plan (Thalia and other taxing effects). I've only played the matchup twice (won both matches)

Also, was watching you play the DE on Monday(?) night and your list is pretty similar to mine + or - 2-3 cards

Also, for those asking, I cut 2 Revoker MD a while ago. Never regretted it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    What's your latest list Bahra?

http://www.mtgo-stats.com/decks/123789

But I'm playing 1x Brimaz for a Mirran Crusader now, and there should be 1 Horizon Canopy but they're expensive on modo, I'll get them now though, been doing extremely well lately with this list.

Dec 2013
    Chicago

Do you think that you'd alter your list at all for a large paper tournament (like GP NJ)?

Quote Originally Posted by cursecatcher View Post
    Do you think that you'd alter your list at all for a large paper tournament (like GP NJ)?
    Yes. I am going to GP NJ, and my list is currently tuned for MODO meta, which is close to paper meta right now it seems but I am not playing this list for GP NJ. For example, there won't be a lot of miracles at the GP I think so I won't be playing 2x Cataclysm, there will probably be a decent amount of burn because a lot of people who are not familiar with legacy are playing so the COP: Red might stay. There will be more UWR Delver than I've met online so I have to play a Manriki-Gusari and maybe a Disenchant too, along with Council's Judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    I've looked at it.
    Every time I played against Infect, I felt our deck was well suited to hinder their battle plan (Thalia and other taxing effects). I've only played the matchup twice (won both matches)

Also, was watching you play the DE on Monday(?) night and your list is pretty similar to mine + or - 2-3 cards

Also, for those asking, I cut 2 Revoker MD a while ago. Never regretted it
    2 times is not a lot of times you've played that match up. I've played the match up close to a 100 times and D&T is definitely the dog in the match up, just ask any good Infect player too. The problem is beating a fast Glistener Elf, a couple of Inkmoths or a Blighted Agent. They're very likely to have either so it will be difficult. With 2x Gut Shots I have a hugely positive record against Infect, it seems to just put it over the edge and make the match up very good instead of unfavorable.

I've known Olle Råde for a while and he used to play Infect online, so I've played against him a lot. And then just before Khans, the winning MODO meta was more than 10% Infect. And basically every delver player was playing Infect (now they're all playing UR Delver).

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

I am going to post this here: http://puremtgo.com/sites/default/fi...206/master.jpg

So, it's probably just a junk rare for us, but I figured it is so far the only thing out of CMD2014 that is even remotely good for us.
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

That equipment from Commander is cute, but the obvious problem is that it requires another equipment in play.

I'd say it's best hope would be if the deck decides to run a 2nd Batterskull somewhere, and even then, the 2nd actual Batterskull is likely better. Merits testing, but I don't have high hopes for it :(

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Two problems I see with that card is, first, the natural draw of it when you have no equipment out. Second, when you play it and they pop your equipment in response (you could Stoneforge this in so that doesn't happen). The cost you save casting this probably doesn't make it worth these draw backs.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

White's weenie card for CMD2014 has been spoiled I think: http://cdn.magicspoiler.com/wp-conte...iritkeeper.png

It kind of just looks like a bad Brimaz, but if it activates for 3+ (which shouldn't be too hard to engineer) that could be solid value. The fact that it does nothing to interact with the opponent and turns on every single piece of removal in the format is probably a deal breaker though, especially when you consider that Plows and Terminus don't trigger it and it's unplayable vanilla garbage if you have RIP in play. I think it's probably going to stay on the bench in favor of more versatile and impactful 3-drops.

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

I've been on the Brimaz plan since its release now. He can create a lot of tempo for us.

Im trying Ghostly Prison in the board. Also, I am now running only 1 Cataclysm (same argument that Bahra raised)
    Will let you know more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Barbed Blightning View Post

Seems pretty good against Elves and Show and Tell decks. But isn't the nonbo-ness of this with Aether Vial kinda unsexy?
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post

Seems pretty good against Elves and Show and Tell decks. But isn't the nonbo-ness of this with Aether Vial kinda unsexy?
    The combo with flickerwisp out-sexies the unsexiness of the aether vial nombo. Also good against reanimator and dredge.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Is that Tyra Banks?
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    Is that Tyra Banks?
    I saw Zoe from Firefly.

I agree, we can always use Flickerwisp to get around her. But the fact she basically invalidates a few strategies on her own (in addition to really helping the Elves match up) means she's a great sideboard option. And Flash is so damn good, too

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Barbed Blightning View Post
    I saw Zoe from Firefly.

I agree, we can always use Flickerwisp to get around her. But the fact she basically invalidates a few strategies on her own (in addition to really helping the Elves match up) means she's a great sideboard option. And Flash is so damn good, too
    You don't use Flickerwisp to get around her... you use Flick as permanent removal.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Thread Information