Page 469 of 533 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Hey guys.

I was looking through the dominaria spoiler and this card caught my attention:

Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
    1U
    Legendary Creature — Human Rogue
    1/3
    Creatures you control with power or toughness 1 or less can't be blocked.

Unblockable Thalia, Flickerwisp, Phyrexian Revoker. He does push you into blue, but he is a legend so there is possibility for karakas shenanigans. You can also remove counters from a Jitte after blockers declared so that's kinda cool.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. It's a human, so it's also castable with Cavern. It can't be fetched with Recruiter of the Guard, so there's that. Getting around TNN and other annoying blockers is pretty cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. It's a human, so it's also castable with Cavern. It can't be fetched with Recruiter of the Guard, so there's that. Getting around TNN and other annoying blockers is pretty cool, though.
    You're not going deep enough! It also makes your TNN unblockable!

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Jokes aside, this is probably the best card in the set:

Damping Sphere
    Artifact
    If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces C instead of any other type and amount.
    Each spell a player casts costs more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.

Seems like a decent SB card for D&T:
    - attacks Storm
    - attacks Elves in various ways (Cradle, Symbiote/Visionary, Glimpse chains)
    - attacks Stompy decks (minor, probably not good enough as an effect to bring it in)
    - attacks infinite combos like Aluren, Food Chain and the likes

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Jokes aside, this is probably the best card in the set:

Damping Sphere
    Artifact
    If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces C instead of any other type and amount.
    Each spell a player casts costs more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.

Seems like a decent SB card for D&T:
    - attacks Storm
    - attacks Elves in various ways (Cradle, Symbiote/Visionary, Glimpse chains)
    - attacks Stompy decks (minor, probably not good enough as an effect to bring it in)
    - attacks infinite combos like Aluren, Food Chain and the likes

Thoughts?
    It’s a cool card, but I don’t think D&T wants it when Ethersworn Canonist covers most of the same ground.

is Medea_ , aka deathandtaxesftw , creator of thrabenuniversity, one of the best death and taxes pilots in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Moctzal View Post
    It’s a cool card, but I don’t think D&T wants it when Ethersworn Canonist covers most of the same ground.
    It's definitely worth testing. I think other decks want it more (Merfolk, Painter). White just has so many busted sideboard cards that there might not be room for it. Dodging creature removal is pretty important and that's definitely something to consider. The problem is that so many people are bringing in artifact hate that Canonist being a clock, giving it protection from Mom, and tutorable are pretty important.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer733 View Post
    is Medea_ , aka deathandtaxesftw , creator of thrabenuniversity, one of the best death and taxes pilots in the world?
    Nah, totally incompetent. 0/10 stars.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Nah, totally incompetent. 0/10 stars.
    Don't be so hard with yourself.

Good players with D&T are the dans. Thomas enevoldsen and Michael Bonde (One of them is bahra i think?)

I should have added a winky face to my last post...

Anyway, it's Marc Konig that goes by the handle Bahra. Enevoldsen goes by Scabs.

Other notable regular D&T players include:
    Mike Derczo
    Iatee

People who have spiked big events:
    Andrew Calderon
    Craig Wescoe

Notable MTGO names that show up a ton:
    Malimujo
    Koke_mtg
    Eron Relentless

Edit: and Egget as well.
    Last edited by Medea_; 03-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Poor Michael Bonde gets no love.

He's the Ringo of D&T players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moctzal View Post
    Poor Michael Bonde gets no love.

He's the Ringo of D&T players.
    I like Bonde. I said *other* notable D&T players. His videos were the super league were great.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Enevoldsen has betrayed us. he played something like 4C delver or czech pile at the team trio GP... :(

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Enevoldsen has betrayed us. he played something like 4C delver or czech pile at the team trio GP... :(
    He mentions it briefly here, he played Czech Pile.

https://twitter.com/therealenevolds/...81253416439809
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I kinda like the orb. It fits the DnT style of broad, weak disruption pretty solidly. Put another way, if you have one in your sideboard, you are very likely to board it in against a variety of opponents and be happy with it. For anyone using an enlightened tutor sideboard, it looks like a definite pickup. I betcha it’s great against a lot of fringe rogue stuff also.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

I'm 100% testing that orb.

Unrelated, here are the long-awaited results of the D&T mulligan survey.

I went 3-1 at my lgs weekly legacy event, using the 4 vryn wingmare list. that Medea streamed last week. I was on camera for rounds 2-4, but only as the back up game. I was really hoping to re-watch my matches. However, most of the gameplay is bits and pieces of my matches.

Rnd 1: mono red control 2-0
    Game 1: I flickered his ensnaring bridge two turns in a row in order to kill him.
    Game 2: I council's judgement his bride and kill him.

Rnd 2: 4c control 2-0
    Game 1: double wasteland, swords drs, Thalia, flying Thalia, and opp. Scopes to Sofia.
    Game 2: triple wasteland, swords drs, swords drs, Thalia, flying Thalia, and opp. scopes it up.

Round 3: 4c control 2-1
    Game 1: I know my opp. Is on the same deck because he was sitting next to us on the feature matches. My game plan was pretty much the same as last match tax him to death and it worked perfectly!
    Game 2: I kept a bad 6 and after he plays Jace on turn
    4, I scope. I really just wanted to be back on the play again.
    Game 3: this game was really grindy. There were a few K. Commands but eventually my opp. Scopes to an army of flyers.

Round 4: miracles 0-2
    I was never in this match. My opp. Had every answer to every single play I made.

I apologize for the quick breakdown of my matches. I don't take notes so remembering everything is a challenge.
    I really enjoyed this build, but I'm pretty sure my opponents hated me. I'm going to jam it again on Friday and hopefully have the same results.
    Using Tapatalk

Played a 26 team Tri-wizard event yesterday, I was representing RW DnT. My only losses were to Mono-W DnT (same guy, we drew the first one but he probably would have won and I lost the second one clearly; turns out that if your opponent in the mirror hits 3 moms and 3 Revokers each game in the first 5 turns and either gets Vial when you don't or names Vial with Revoker when you do, it is a tough match and even 4 StP/PtE can't get you out of it.) We still made the semis and got 3rd or 4th place (I didn't stay to check.)

I think my sideboard was suboptimal, I don't see a lot of people running PtE in the side any longer. Also, no one seems to be running Crusader, preferring Palace Jailer instead. Reasons?

Probably would swap the lands around and go -1 Port, -1 Plateau, +1 Cavern, +1 Fetch.

23 LANDS
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 Flooded Strand
    3 Karakas
    3 Plains
    3 Plateau
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    2 Windswept Heath

26 CREATURES
    2 Dire Fleet Daredevil
    3 Flickerwisp
    2 Magus of the Moon
    4 Mother of Runes
    1 Mirran Crusader
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

4 Instants
    4 Swords to Plowshares

7 Artifacts
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

SIDEBOARD
    3 Path to Exile
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Pia and Kirran Nalaar
    1 Holy Light

I think I would do this with the sideboard
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Pia and Kirran Nalaar
    1 Cunning Sparkmage
    1 Sword of War and Peace

Jun 2015
    NYC

I think Path is as good as ever, considering that Grixis Delver is the best deck in legacy. The format is the 'beat DRS' game right now, and dropping both a RiP and Paths is definitely not the way to do that - the second sideboard looks like it's built to beat Miracles.

@iatee

In the first sideboard, are you going with PtE + 1-2 Relic versus Grixis Delver?

Jun 2015
    NYC

You mean RiP, right? I think I would do:

-2 Recruiter -1 P/k -2 Revoker -1 Crusader
    +3 PTE +2 RiP +1 Holy Light

Thread Information