Page 511 of 533 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

@marungo
    Is that 2nd Crusader in the main supposed to be Prelate? Would you stick with 1/1 Jailer/P&K? It feels like 2 P&K main is the right move now.

Would you do the sideboard the same? I think I'll still adjust a bit away from Canonist and Priest.

RE: 3 Flickerwisp, the issue is WW in non-humans.
    Last edited by redtwister; 09-14-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    @marungo
    Is that 2nd Crusader in the main supposed to be Prelate? Would you stick with 1/1 Jailer/P&K? It feels like 2 P&K main is the right move now.

Would you do the sideboard the same? I think I'll still adjust a bit away from Canonist and Priest.

RE: 3 Flickerwisp, the issue is WW in non-humans.
    Yes prelate is main. At this point I went 2 crusader main and jailer board. I don’t feel P+K is necessary as a 2 of main. It sometimes is hard to cast and if we need it, we can tutor it up. Sideboard is already what I like. I don’t get the appeal to chalice other than Phil said it’s good and canonist has served me well and did so on the Richmond weekend. Also I feel like one priest for the random times it’s good is a fine one if slot. I don’t really want anything else in the slot so I’m fine with one to tutor for.

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Still on the fence whether to play Matt Nass.dec or DNT at the Finnish Legacy Nationals. Here's my current list, thrown together with Grixis Control in mind mostly. Looking for constructive critique.

11 Basics or 10 Basics+Flagstones of Trokair
    2 Mishra's Factory
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    4 Flickerwisp
    2 Mirran Crusader
    4 Mother of Runes
    1 Palace Jailer
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

2 Cataclysm
    2 Chalice of the Void
    2 Council's Judgment
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Path to Exile
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Walking Ballista

I feel Cataclysm is superior to Gideon and that Phil has the right idea swapping the sideboard hatebears for Chalices.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

If you wanna play more non basics, then play canopy instead of flagstones.
    I understand the appeal of playing it with cataclysme, but the interaction is cute only.
    Canopy plays well alone without anything.

The rest of the deck is good. it's hard to tell wether a 3rd crusader or only 2 revokers would be good for example. it's really meta dependant.

For the sideboard, i feel like a third council judgement would be better than an oblivion ring even if ring is easier to cast. they do the same thing except that judgement has more targets (TNN, any hexproof or pro-white random creature).

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

O-Ring is mostly for being a better Judgment vs Skill and Tell and it also has potential for value vs Grixis with Flickerwisp, since they most likely board out some or all Forces and can only remove it with EE. Three Revokers is meant to be a catch all against all the random shit that might pop up while also being decent vs Liliana and Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by jolssoni View Post
    I think your list is fine. I'd be hesitant to run with only 14 sources of white mana, but you can get by with that number. I certainly understand the desire to play Factories in this control-dominated meta. I might try to fit 3-4 Flagstones, if you expect to see few Blood Moons and get a lot of play off Cataclysm, but I don't know that the singleton is worth much. Your SB seems fine, save that I'm unsure having the Needle is worth much with 3 Revokers in your 60.

Good luck with the build, and prepare to do a lot of tweaking and customizing to your meta.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

O-Ring is mostly for being a better Judgment vs Skill and Tell and it also has potential for value vs Grixis with Flickerwisp, since they most likely board out some or all Forces and can only remove it with EE. Three Revokers is meant to be a catch all against all the random shit that might pop up while also being decent vs Liliana and Jace.
    Leonin relic warder is better than oring then if it is supposed to be played vs show and tell? (As it is the same thing on legs?)

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Leonin relic warder is better than oring then if it is supposed to be played vs show and tell? (As it is the same thing on legs?)
    Eh, depends. It can die to Abrade/Pyroclasm and does nothing vs Grixis.
    Last edited by jolssoni; 09-17-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

@Medea: Can we get an explanation of your round 4 draw vs the Mirror at GP Richmond? :) I was frustrated by the small paragraph in your article!

Quote Originally Posted by Marungo View Post
    Yes prelate is main. At this point I went 2 crusader main and jailer board. I don’t feel P+K is necessary as a 2 of main. It sometimes is hard to cast and if we need it, we can tutor it up. Sideboard is already what I like. I don’t get the appeal to chalice other than Phil said it’s good and canonist has served me well and did so on the Richmond weekend. Also I feel like one priest for the random times it’s good is a fine one if slot. I don’t really want anything else in the slot so I’m fine with one to tutor for.
    I've just been underwhelmed by Canonist lately. It's not like the card has gotten much worse, but I feel like it has won me very few games. The Chalices, though awkward, have pretty good potential. I like having another haymaker vs Miracles. I'm still certainly in the experimental phase with them, though I'd run them back at a big event in a heartbeat.

Lately I have been running this list and I'm pretty happy with my MB and most of my SB, but I have been having problems with Grixis Control. It's about the only matchup I feel miserable playing against.

Any suggestions on:
    (1) the approach to this match.
    (2) changes in the SB to help the win%?

23 LANDS
    6 Plains
    5 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Karakas
    1 Cavern of Souls

26 CREATURES
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Serra Avenger
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Mirran Crusader
    4 Flickerwisp
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Palace Jailer

4 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Swords to Plowshares

7 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull

15 SIDEBOARD

2 Path to Exile
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    1 Elspeth Knight-Errand
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Cataclysm
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Containment Priest

Hey gang! Been out of the magic game for about 6 months while I hiked the Appalachian trail but got super excited while out there to see news of the drs ban and dnt doing well at the PT.

Against the odds looks like I’m going to be able to get to Baltimore this weekend and wanted to take the trusty WW for a spin. I’ve tried to stay abreast of the meta but I’m wondering what are the specific concerns you all have about a generic openesque meta and how hostile it will be to dnt. Is there anything to do with the 57th to 60th cards to adapt to this control heavy meta? Any board suggestions that may have come up in last few months as particulatly new tech?

I'm working on a page that gives a brief snippet on the various flex slot creatures in the maindeck of D&T. I'm taking suggestions for things to add here. http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=2003

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    I'm working on a page that gives a brief snippet on the various flex slot creatures in the maindeck of D&T. I'm taking suggestions for things to add here. http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=2003
    Brimaz, King of Oreskos - Excellent beater in the Mirran Crusader slot. Gets through TNN, protected by Karakas, generates card advantage through tokens. The printing of Recruiter of the Guard and Sanctum Prelate made it fall out of favor as well as his inability to get through a stupid dead fish.

Banisher Priest - Tutorable Journey to Nowhere. Can’t target TNN or Omniscience so it isn’t that good.

Orzhov Pontiff - Excellent black splash card.

Hokori, Dust Drinker - Tutorable Winter Orb.

Edit: I also played maindeck Kor Firewalker during UR Delver Treasure Cruise era, but I haven’t played him outside of Burn heavy locals in a long time.

These may be more SB but:
    - Wilt-Leaf Liege
    - Judge's Familiar
    - Devout Lightcaster

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Paladin en-Vec - Grixis

Paladin en-Vec - Grixis
    on the same note:

Knight of the Holy Nimbus
    Mystic Crusader

If you had to pick one, would you rather face Miracles with maindeck B2B or Grixis control? I feel like I'd have a better chance against miracles, but I'm curious how everyone else feels.

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBerry84 View Post
    If you had to pick one, would you rather face Miracles with maindeck B2B or Grixis control? I feel like I'd have a better chance against miracles, but I'm curious how everyone else feels.
    Miracles and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBerry84 View Post
    Miracles in a heart beat.

Thread Information