Page 227 of 533 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

@bahra
    What is your list now? Is Leonin-Relic Warder main or side?

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    @bahra
    What is your list now? Is Leonin-Relic Warder main or side?
    This is the list I'm currently playing:

I've cashed both events I've played with Leonin Relic-Warder but then again, I've cashed +90% of the events I've played with the red splash.

Although I do believe that this is an improvement when it comes to playing in an Omnitell heavy meta, which we are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbed Blightning View Post
    So, I know it's a long shot/maybe cute, but why not consider Jaya Ballard, Task Mage? I know discarding actual cards isn't so hot, but she is Recruitable and her first and second abilities have a lot of use across many matchups, including Omni and Miracles. She's also protected by Karakas, is a human for Cavern, survives Golgari Charm and the like, and fits well on the Vial curve.

Just a thought.

Jaya is good in Painter because of Painter's Servant and Ensnaring Bridge, though she is far from an auto-include in that deck. Outside of the Dread of Night/Golgari Charm scenarios, wouldn't Mangara and finding room for the 3rd Karakas be more on color and effective if you even wanted something like this effect?

Like the list, but kinda want to play some number of containment priest/ fire walker. Do you think they're not needed now

Quote Originally Posted by BearsandSquires View Post
    Like the list, but kinda want to play some number of containment priest/ fire walker. Do you think they're not needed now
    Containment Priest would be nice, but I don't think Kor Firewalker is needed. Burn can be a little rough but if you want to consistently beat burn I suggest an E-tutor sideboard with Circle of Protection: Red.

I just played another daily event losing to Elves, then beating MUD, UB Tezzeret and Miracles (even on a mull to 5 I destroyed miracles (without Æther vial)).

I noticed Hill Giant also played the daily with Imperial Taxes, I saw him play against a streamer that was on Sylvan Plug (with so much D&T hate it was kind of ridiculous).

Hill Giant care to share your experience in the daily?

BTW, next time: Bounce Titania with the return land trigger on the stack, that way he doesn't get any tokens. I don't really understand why you bounced your own Thalia there.

Was thinking of running this as the sideboard for the Portland scg this weekend:
    1 pithing needle
    1 leonin relic-warder
    1 cataclysm
    2 kor firewalker
    2 containment priest
    2 rest in peace
    3 sudden demise
    1 council's judgment
    2 Ethersworn canonist

Quote Originally Posted by BearsandSquires View Post
    Was thinking of running this as the sideboard for the Portland scg this weekend:
    1 pithing needle
    1 leonin relic-warder
    1 cataclysm
    2 kor firewalker
    2 containment priest
    2 rest in peace
    3 sudden demise
    1 council's judgment
    2 Ethersworn canonist
    Not enough storm hate in my opinion. Or omnitell hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    Not enough storm hate in my opinion. Or omnitell hate.
    He plays 2 Canonists.. how much hate do you need?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    2 cannonists without any way to find these.
    I think 2 cannists is the right number when you also have 2 enlightened tutors in the sideboard (In this meta of course).
    KorFirewalkers seems to be an overkill. It's good vs burn only (let's say goblins also), and I think the matchup vs burn is quite good with the mainboard Batterskull and jitte.
    They could easily be replace by those 2 suplementary cannonists.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Are you new? Do you realize how much combo there is in legacy?

This is the list I'm currently playing:

I've cashed both events I've played with Leonin Relic-Warder but then again, I've cashed +90% of the events I've played with the red splash.

Although I do believe that this is an improvement when it comes to playing in an Omnitell heavy meta, which we are in now.
    The sideboard is interesting. You don't feel Containment Priest is necessary?

How is playing with 0 Serra Avenger? It's always been a card I can rely on.

Is Fiend Hunter better than Mangara?

So maybe cut the fire walkers for 2 more canonist, was thinking there could be more burn at a scg event then a more broad meta and yeah ive been liking fiend hunter a lot and dont really want to a mangara.

Apr 2014
    Madrid, Spain

Hey guys!

I am following this thread for a few months every day but had written only once.

I really like the Imperial Taxes, but I have not enough money to get Imperial Recruiter so I am playing the classic D&T built. Firstly I would have to get the full set of Rishadan Port. I am playing 4x Ghost Quarter right now. I know, it is not the same but it is ok I think. The most notable differences are against control and combo decks but in the other hand, I have a really good matchup against RUG, BUG and 4-C Delver. It is an abuse run 8 Wasteland in these cases. I help them with 2 copies of Aven Mindcensor in mainboard too.

I agree with Bahra in reference to the number of Ethersworn Canonist in the board. It of course depends on the meta, but I think it's a mistake to run less than 3 copies right now. It is an improvement against Elves, Omnitell, Storm and Infect, and against these decks you need her as soon as posible.

Well, I leave here my current sideboard:

2 x Council's Judgment
    2 x Cataclysm
    1 x Pithing Needle
    2 x Containment Priest
    3 x Ethersworn Canonist
    2 x Ratchet Bomb
    3 x Rest in Peace

Thoughts? Improvements?

Thanks D&T players!

Little write up on Red DnT, and some other variants today @ http://brainstormbrewery.com/new-is-...ath-and-taxes/

Bear Cub > Tarmogoyf

Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by RingoDeathStarr View Post
    Little write up on Red DnT, and some other variants today @ http://brainstormbrewery.com/new-is-...ath-and-taxes/
    One red list, zero green lists, three blue lists. Seems like a misrepresentation of the splashes people are actually using and winning with.
    Most people blindly suggest new cards for decks. True contributors also suggest what to remove. It's not about what's good, but rather what's better than the current selections.

To be clear, I didn't write this article or have any affiliation with the site.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbysdl View Post
    One red list, zero green lists, three blue lists. Seems like a misrepresentation of the splashes people are actually using and winning with.
    Misrepresentation? I don't believe that it stated anywhere that these are the most popular lists. It's just an article exploring some ideas.

Bear Cub > Tarmogoyf

Jul 2007

Sure, misrepresentation may be a poor choice of words. But with quotes like:

remained the same for a long time. Until now.
    this new take on Death and Taxes that popular MTGO streamer Bahra has been playing recently
    the first time I’ve seen the red splash get this much attention.
    I was expecting a more even-handed survey of recent developments before diving into experimental brews (i.e. the blue splash decks). That my expectations weren't meant doesn't mean the article is bad.
    Most people blindly suggest new cards for decks. True contributors also suggest what to remove. It's not about what's good, but rather what's better than the current selections.

Containment Priest would be nice, but I don't think Kor Firewalker is needed. Burn can be a little rough but if you want to consistently beat burn I suggest an E-tutor sideboard with Circle of Protection: Red.

I just played another daily event losing to Elves, then beating MUD, UB Tezzeret and Miracles (even on a mull to 5 I destroyed miracles (without Æther vial)).

I noticed Hill Giant also played the daily with Imperial Taxes, I saw him play against a streamer that was on Sylvan Plug (with so much D&T hate it was kind of ridiculous).

Hill Giant care to share your experience in the daily?

BTW, next time: Bounce Titania with the return land trigger on the stack, that way he doesn't get any tokens. I don't really understand why you bounced your own Thalia there.
    This was a few days ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I think that was the game where he had like a 9/9 kotr and my deck refused to cough up a third land for rip, so I was planning to bounce Thalia eot or during blocks that turn and use rip to make Thalia able to fight kotr, but he used kotr to get enough mana for Titania targeting a land without a sac ability, so I thought I'd bounce Thalia and use rip to shrink kotr and stop Titania from ever making dudes, so I let the trigger resolve, and then he played a wasteland from his hand and I was just screwed. Also I punted one of the games that round by not playing around rolling spoil when I could have afforded to do so. Round 2 of that DE I played reanimator, won g1 easily, failed to find hate g2, and lost to t1 griselbrand g3 (off of double petal so it didn't even cost life, so he easily countered my STPs and rip was too late)

For the rw version, how would you guys board against the non delver grixis deck

Thread Information