Page 467 of 533 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Cermak View Post
    -Huge creature controll, protection, jump ledgens, non targetable creatures
    -Lock out after sideboard whit btb
    -extermely easy connect the attachments.
    You have less removal than even mono-white D&T in your 75. You're running 2 Karakas, which is generally incorrect in D&T. 3 is the standard amount for good reason.

Aside from fetches, you're running 4 basics, and 11 non-basic lands. Back to Basics hurts you a lot.

Stoneblade connects with equipment faster due to running mana dorks.

Thalia hurts you a lot, especially with those sideboard cards, you have 28 cards that are taxable by Thalia in your 75. 22 creatures in an Aether Vial deck hurts your vial's power level, and you only have 2 creatures in your sideboard. Orzhov Pontiff with 0 lands that can cast it is bad.

You're diluting the good things about D&T and Stoneblade a lot here, and not fully benefiting from any of them.

This is just a bad hybridized deck.

Has anyone tried out Walking Ballista in Taxes yet? It kind of plays a couple roles; as a late game mana sink, an early game removal spell or a mid-late game one sided Wrath. Its tutorable, and I've certainly played far worse creatures in that slot.

I finally got to test DFD in paper and in 6 matches, the best things it has done so far is:
    1) kept my burn opp. From activating a grim lavamancer for a turn.
    2)I'm on the play and my Land's opp. On a mull. To 5. He turn one cast LFTL and on my turn two cast DFD to exile his LFTL. Then turn 4 flickerwisp my DFD in order to hit his second LFTL.

I will instantly side it out game 2 against any graveyard deck.
    Using Tapatalk

Jan 2017
    Batavia, IL

Quote Originally Posted by WashableWater1 View Post
    Has anyone tried out Walking Ballista in Taxes yet? It kind of plays a couple roles; as a late game mana sink, an early game removal spell or a mid-late game one sided Wrath. Its tutorable, and I've certainly played far worse creatures in that slot.
    I'm skeptical since our mana sinks are Rishadan Port and Batterskull, and you can't vial a Ballista, and Ballista isn't really a particularly good equipment wielder, and we don't have anything that plays it "unfairly" like Food Chain. If you could give some examples of when your opponent has a 1-toughness creature that you would like to tutor up a 2-or-4-mana answer for, then I guess I might be more interested. Opposing Mother of Runes, I guess? But in that case, Pia & Kiran or a Revoker are probably a better option.

Link to vote for bonus stream. Winner will be announced tonight after the stream.

Feb 2017
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Cermak View Post
    Hi thanks for a great legacy community all my friends writes here! I have until now just read a lot but never actually posted anything here. Normally I play old school 93/94, but after meeting (pettdan) at a bar I got some interest for legacy. It really got me hooked great community and such a variety of decks to play.

I made it top 8 in a tournament with the deck last month.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...d-School-93-94
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17517&d=308517&f=LE

And last week now with a Blue Control No taxes ( White-blue taxes.) Inspired by (Autonom).

The deck was just featured in an article (see below) and tweeted by Gerry Thompson:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...me-niche-decks

This version plays 4 Thalia and 4 Brainstorm, some people had something against that, most of them i crushed in the swiss, for me it has been worth paying 2 for both STP and Brainstorm most of the times. Finding the the cards you need and good combo with SFM and RoTG.
    The heavy basic lands to get back to basics also worked out very well. Please give me some feedback. And let me know if there is some other appropriate thread, thanks!
    Thanks for a great page community!

23 LANDS
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Karakas
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Misty Rainforest
    2 Rishadan Port
    1 Scalding Tarn
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Tundra
    4 Wasteland
    22 CREATURES
    2 Flickerwisp
    1 Geist of Saint Traft
    4 Mother of Runes
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Vendilion Clique
    8 INSTANTS and SORCERIES
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    7 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    SIDEBOARD
    1 Armageddon
    1 Aura of Silence
    3 Back to Basics
    1 Disenchant
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Rest in Peace
    I think that the list looks competitive and like a lot of fun!
    Thanks for sharing your list!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCunningham View Post
    I'm skeptical since our mana sinks are Rishadan Port and Batterskull, and you can't vial a Ballista, and Ballista isn't really a particularly good equipment wielder, and we don't have anything that plays it "unfairly" like Food Chain. If you could give some examples of when your opponent has a 1-toughness creature that you would like to tutor up a 2-or-4-mana answer for, then I guess I might be more interested. Opposing Mother of Runes, I guess? But in that case, Pia & Kiran or a Revoker are probably a better option.
    The mirror and infect are where being able to gun down x-1s comes in handy. Grindy matchups like Pile are where having a big creature that can blast them for the last couple points of damage comes in handy, especially in games where Port has passed the point of usefulness. Against Delver, a tutorable removal spell is nice if not efficient. It’s certainly worth considering. It does a little bit in every fair matchup, which makes me kind of want it, particularly in mono-white. Hangarback walker is a similar “tutorable 4/4” that’s better vs Pile.

How does it not carry equipment well? The point of equipment is that it makes dorky creatures threatening.

Here's the draft decklist for Thursday's bonus stream. Let me know if you have any ideas for spicy singletons.

Lands
    3 Karakas
    11 Plains
    1 Horizon Canopy
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    Creatures
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
    1 Aven Mindcensor
    1 Serra Avenger
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Mangara of Corondor
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Flickerwisp
    Spells
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    Sideboard
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Elspeth, Knight Errant
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sword of War and Peace

Jan 2017
    Batavia, IL

Quote Originally Posted by WashableWater1 View Post
    How does it not carry equipment well? The point of equipment is that it makes dorky creatures threatening.
    Flying or First Strike or having an activated ability that helps in combat would make me more interested. For example one of the reasons Dire Fleet has a higher floor is that it wields Jitte really really well. Again, not complaining or trying to ping down your idea, just telling you why I am skeptical. I agree it would be good against Infect and decent against the mirror.

Ballista might have a better home in some kind of 8Thalia Ancient Tomb Chalice deck, though. D&T isn't doing anything broken with the card like Food Chain does; we would play it at the same power level that people play it in Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Here's the draft decklist for Thursday's bonus stream. Let me know if you have any ideas for spicy singletons.

Lands
    3 Karakas
    11 Plains
    1 Horizon Canopy
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    Creatures
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
    1 Aven Mindcensor
    1 Serra Avenger
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Mangara of Corondor
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Flickerwisp
    Spells
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    Sideboard
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Elspeth, Knight Errant
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    Wouldn't a third recruiter work well with a toolbox build like that? I have even played four back when imperial recruiter was a thing. The chance of fetching up your one off of choice improves a bit, even though you'll have to cut one silver bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Needs more Mana Tithe!

Okay, I owe you guys an article. Here's one on DFD.

Intrepid hero for eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Oogway View Post
    Intrepid hero for eldrazi
    At this point isn't Reprisal just better? I'm not sure this is even correct to worry about. I mean, the matchup is not really even good enough for cards like this to pay off enough to win the typical game. It could work I guess, but if you have to tutor for it, it's going to be active no earlier than turn 5, and that's not good enough imo; but just my opinion. Test it and give feedback.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Why not playing peacekeeper against elvs , eldrazi .... him with an active mother :)

Quote Originally Posted by FFreak View Post
    Why not playing peacekeeper against elvs , eldrazi .... him with an active mother :)

How do you intend to win if you can't attack?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The same way as if the Opponent got a Bridge out.
    Flicker peacekeeper or just dont pay for the Trigger if you got a board that win on this turn.

This is right up there with Tabernacle in the sideboard.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Peacekeeper is old good "trumps Infect because that's an easy way to beat them" SB tech. I've run one before to moderate success and never had a problem playing around it when time came to close the game.

New article! This one includes an interactive survey about mulligan decisions!

Thread Information