Page 525 of 533 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,500 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

I'm just happy to have pro white and pro blue on one sword. I think stoneblade lists will use it better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fire and Ice is still better than either of these. Looking forward to the UB sword.
    UB sword that makes the opponent sac a creature would be pretty dope tech against TNN. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

I'm building D&T, I'm totally new to this deck and my question is: why the deck doesn't play any fetchlands?

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay2101 View Post
    I'm building D&T, I'm totally new to this deck and my question is: why the deck doesn't play any fetchlands?
    Fetches see play in the splash builds that might run 1-2 dual lands. In the mono white build I don't like being called out Blood Moon, Magus or the odd stifle.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

You need lands to play stuff, port lands, and equip equipment all that while playing wastelands. Playing fetches will create mana death situations in a deck that is mana hungry. Yes, vial is there for that, but vials get countered, destroyed, discarded... etc...

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

In short, Magic has ways to punish nonbasic lands - which are relatively common in Legacy - that this deck mostly avoids. The large number of basic lands in D+T is actually enough of an advantage as to swing some matchups considerably.

Lands, Stompy, URG Delver <--or whatever they are calling that design these days, to name a few.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

UW Sword - +1/+1 and proliferate is ok, but not great. Does two things: puts 2 +1/+1 counters on some creature, which is actually perfectly aggressive, but also gets a late game Vial up to speed, so not terrible. Pro-UW is probably quite fine against the meta.

BR Sword - well, it kills a planeswalker, which isn't bad, and it destroys opposing equipment, and in the mirror opposing Vials and Revokers. In general, if you live long enough to use it, seems very good against the new Cloudpost/Metal Worker decks and UW Control looks set to be a Superfriends deck, so maybe...?

I don't think either one is really as good as SoFaI either.

Sep 2004
    South Florida

Just saw On Thin Ice. Card looks like the extra removal this deck needs to back up StP in some matchups.

Can someone explain to me why we should not be playing all snow plains now?
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Just saw On Thin Ice. Card looks like the extra removal this deck needs to back up StP in some matchups.

Enjoy getting rekt by my 5-color meta predator deck at your next big tournament, scrub.

4X of each + 20 lands

Jul 2018
    San Francisco, CA

Holy Cow. This is a great card. Trades with Delver.
    Getting back Mom or Recruiter is situational, but so much value.
    Love this as a flex slot.

Quote Originally Posted by JitteJitte View Post

Holy Cow. This is a great card. Trades with Delver.
    Getting back Mom or Recruiter is situational, but so much value.
    Love this as a flex slot.
    And SfM offcourse:)
    It is also a great card to flickerwisp, to abuse his leave the battlefield trigger.

well, on thin ice is sorcery speed, and i'm not sure if we need all the extra removal.

i'm not a primarily dnt player, but i've already been using only snow plains. The thing is though, i run 3 factories, 2 karakas, 4 port and 4 wasteland (i'm probably not correct here), so there's always a chance that it's going to be a dead card, not having a snow land.

But it looks really solid though. It might force some decks to start sporting some ghost quarters as removal for the ice. how many on thin ice do you think should be run? like 4 swords, 2 ice?
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    well, on thin ice is sorcery speed, and i'm not sure if we need all the extra removal.

i'm not a primarily dnt player, but i've already been using only snow plains. The thing is though, i run 3 factories, 2 karakas, 4 port and 4 wasteland (i'm probably not correct here), so there's always a chance that it's going to be a dead card, not having a snow land.

But it looks really solid though. It might force some decks to start sporting some ghost quarters as removal for the ice. how many on thin ice do you think should be run? like 4 swords, 2 ice?
    I'd say 4 Swords to plowshares, no on thin ice. Path of exile is instant speed and permanent removal and way better even with the added downside.

Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I'd say 4 Swords to plowshares, no on thin ice. Path of exile is instant speed and permanent removal and way better even with the added downside.
    Really? Even giving them a land?

I think the sorcery speed part is really the only large issue. Your Plains are quite hard to destroy, so they are going after the enchantment here most of the time. What I quite like is the ability to reuse it via Flickerwisp if a better target comes up. You can cast it early with the expectation that you can swap it for another critter later on. Sorcery speed actually is annoying though.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Unsettling Mariner - UW
    Creature - Shapeshifter
    Changeling
    Whenever you or a permanent you control becomes the target of a spell or an ability an opponent controlls, counter that spell or ability unless its controller pays {1}.

Ho-ly shit. An upgraded-of-sorts Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, and it slots right into my UW list With a Thalia and this out, a devastating Kolaghan's Command costs six mana.

Mar 2007

Wu D&T seems really appealing now:

Fetch it with Recruiter, then get value every turn. Or keep Flickerwisping. Or recycle SFM. Or exile a creature every turn with Palace Jailer while growing it by two +1/+1 counters.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Man. i don't want to buy two tundras :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Man. i don't want to buy two tundras :(
    It's a shame you guys didn't get a Horizon Canopy land in this set. Apart from price, that might actually be better than Tundra in W/U D&T, and sufficient with Caverns and Vials.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

The trick to make Wu work is to keep the U part very, very light and augmenting (instead of necessary). I do run a playset of Tundra in mine, but mostly to be able to support Daze out of the SB, and I'm 100% sure it's not necessary otherwise. If the UW Kira changeling turns out solid, even Cavern of Souls could become a mana-fixer of sorts in these colours, I think.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    The trick to make Wu work is to keep the U part very, very light and augmenting (instead of necessary). I do run a playset of Tundra in mine, but mostly to be able to support Daze out of the SB, and I'm 100% sure it's not necessary otherwise. If the UW Kira changeling turns out solid, even Cavern of Souls could become a mana-fixer of sorts in these colours, I think.
    Cavern of Souls is a trap, imho, especially with that man different creature types, white non-creature cards in the 75 and SFM activations. Never was a fan in Cavern in D&T for that reason.

2-4 Mariner and 1-2 Soulherder is probably the most you should run. Maybe Meddling Mage in the SB, but that's it. Definitely no blue noncreature cards.

Thread Information