Page 517 of 517 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517
Results 10,321 to 10,325 of 10325

Thread: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Speaking of thinking outside of the box:

I've been trying a BW-list for a bit since it can use Pontiff to fix some bad match-ups like Elves and the mirror. Also tried Kambal but didn't like it.

Before this I played and Eldrazi splash (for Thought-Knot and Displacer) and a red splash for things like Daredevil.

Missing the Thought-Knots for peeking and removing cards, I've had a look at Tidehollow Sculler and Kitesail Freebooter. The last one being easy to cast since it's a human and only has a single mana-symbol. It also flies wich is great for carrying equipment.

Anywho, working on the following list, what do you think about it?

Mana-stuff:
    7 Plains
    4 Scrubland
    2 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

Can't do without:
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Swords to Plowshares

SFM-pack:
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

Utility-stuff:
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate (great card, dropped 1 to SB to try Freebooter)
    1 Remorseful Cleric (love this card when testing 2 main deck, no room for it when testing Freebooter)
    1 Palace Jailer
    4 Kitesail Freebooter
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    3 Flickerwisp (never liked to have 4)
    1 Isolate (I like to have a fifth removal spell next to STP)

// sideboard
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (already moved to 2 main and 1 side. testing Freebooter should be ok moving this to side completely)
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Declaration in Stone
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Grafdigger’s Cage|
    1 Cataclysm
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Plaguecrafter
    2 Damping Sphere
    1 Act of Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Draggo View Post
    Speaking of thinking outside of the box:

I've been trying a BW-list for a bit since it can use Pontiff to fix some bad match-ups like Elves and the mirror. Also tried Kambal but didn't like it.

Before this I played and Eldrazi splash (for Thought-Knot and Displacer) and a red splash for things like Daredevil.

Missing the Thought-Knots for peeking and removing cards, I've had a look at Tidehollow Sculler and Kitesail Freebooter. The last one being easy to cast since it's a human and only has a single mana-symbol. It also flies wich is great for carrying equipment.

Anywho, working on the following list, what do you think about it?

Mana-stuff:
    7 Plains
    4 Scrubland
    2 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

Can't do without:
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Swords to Plowshares

SFM-pack:
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

Utility-stuff:
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate (great card, dropped 1 to SB to try Freebooter)
    1 Remorseful Cleric (love this card when testing 2 main deck, no room for it when testing Freebooter)
    1 Palace Jailer
    4 Kitesail Freebooter
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    3 Flickerwisp (never liked to have 4)
    1 Isolate (I like to have a fifth removal spell next to STP)

// sideboard
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (already moved to 2 main and 1 side. testing Freebooter should be ok moving this to side completely)
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Declaration in Stone
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Grafdigger’s Cage|
    1 Cataclysm
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Plaguecrafter
    2 Damping Sphere
    1 Act of Authority
    I think it is worth trying. I like Kitesail myself.

Changes:
    +1 Cavern of Souls
    Mix 2 Scrublands and 3 Plains with 5 fetches.
    -1 Remorseful Cleric, +1 Mirran Crusader main. Being able to be aggressive is more important right now and being able to attacked through B creatures and nonsense like Strix is very important.

I would be very tempted to replace Isolate and Prelate for 2 Bob. Bob is always a must-consider if you go WB.

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    DnT is really good against tier 2 decks right now and pretty bad against tier 1 decks, which means it's gonna crush locals and do fine in leagues, but it's gonna struggle at larger competitive events.
    Eldrazi, SNT and Death's Shadow from DTB are good matchups? Storm as always is a cointoss.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Eldrazi is definitely not a good matchup, at best it's even. The deck going bigger and playing Walking Ballista hasn't helped. (The saving grace is that Eldrazi players tend to be...Eldrazi players.) SnT in its current Omni-happy incarnation is also, at best even. Death's Shadow is pretty good, but sometimes you're just gonna get Dread of Nighted. In all cases you have decks where the core of the deck might form a good matchup, but the builds have adjusted to be better vs DnT.

But really the decks to beat criteria is kinda nonsense - Miracles and Grixis Control are the real tier 1 at the moment and are gonna be the decks you need to beat on day 2 of a real event, and DnT is unfavored vs both of them. I'm not saying any of these matches are impossible, I play and beat these guys all the time. But I'm not particularly excited to find out I'm playing vs. any of them, nor Storm.

Agree with everything iatee just said. Totally encapsulates my feelings on DNT

Thread Information