Page 455 of 533 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Jun 2015
    NYC

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Yes I am. Magus is stronger if they don't have Fire (or you have protection), Prelate better if they do. If you're playing both...you really don't lose to Lands very often. There's just too much they need to fight through.

Ah, I was referencing the list Bahra used with you as his guest, there were none in the list on the video. Maybe the Vryn Wingmare was there in it's place? Never mind, it was Rest In Peace.

Did you go back to Prelate?

I think the only difference with my list is that I like Mirran Crusader main and Palace Jailer in the side, but otherwise I am running your list at the Baltimore Team event. I have really enjoyed it.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Yeah, swapping Crusader and Jailer seems reasonable, the tutorboard is always a meta call.

Hello everybody,

Went 2-2 in a 12-players Legacy weekly yesterday evening, preparing for a big regional event on Sunday.

Here's my list:

// 23 Lands

4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    7 Plains
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Scrubland

//7 Artifacts

4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte

// 4 Spells

4 Swords to Plowshares

// 26 Creatures

4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Flickerwisp
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Dark Confidant
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Orzhov Pontiff

// 15 Sideboard Cards

2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Cannonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Council’s Judgement
    1 Orzhov Pontiff

I play the black splash, as I find it the most appropriated solution to answering the meta right now. Orzhov deals quite efficiently with TNN, Strix and other Pyromancer's tokens and the 1 off Bob is there to create card advantage in grindy matchups, like versus Czech Pile or UW control.

Game 1 vs Esper Delver (1-2)

I almost never practiced this matchup, so it felt a little ambiguous.
    Game 1, I just outpowered his Delver play with Flicker chains and Thalia taxing his cantrips. Game 2 I didn't know how to side precisely. Since he's on 4 Delver, 2 Gurmag, 2 TNN, I was not sure what to enter or to side out. I remember hesitating to enter Path to Exile, Council Judgements, a second orzhov, SWP, needle? I don't really know what threats we have to answer and what cards we don't need main. Bob was the only clear pick.
    Game 2 he steamrolled me, getting out much faster, and instauring a board state that was not managable anymore. One more time, I felt the drawback not having a starting hand with Vial in the Delver matchups.
    Game 3 I figured out I'd try a keep with Karakas, a plain, Vial and 4 creatures (Thalia and 3 3CMC). I got punished by t1 pithing on Vial and t2 Wasteland on Karakas, and then he just overpowered me with threats, with me not drawing any land. Turns out Gurmag and Delver's are probably threats that must be answered first, maybe prioritzing it over SFM fetching equipment and an TNN online. I don't know. This loss is most probably due to my lack of knowledge in the matchup. With death and taxes, this hardly ever forgives, and I did a few suboptimal decisions (particulary in sideboarding and mull decisions) that cost me the game.

Game 2 vs UW Control (2-0)
    I was very happy with this win. My opponent was one of the best Legacy players we have around, and it seems a difficult matchup for DnT, probably more difficult than Top Miracle. Anyway, I had a very good hand game 1, tempoing him out old-fashioned style, with Thalia protected by Karakas, Vial on 2 and regularly getting threats on the board. Post-board, Sword of War and Peace was game-breaking, with Sanctum Prelate as a 2 off in the deck also very handful.

Game 3, vs Delverless Deathproof (0-2)
    This deck is a surprisingly competitive homebrew by a very good friend of mine, who got inspiration from the Modern version of Deathshadow decks to construct a Legacy BUG version. It encompasses 4 Death Shadow and 4 Hooting Mandrils. I did a lot of testing versus this deck, knew my sideboard plan and the matchup is pretty-much even. Both games were super close, he eventually outplayed me both times at critical moments. The trample ability of the Mandrils are also a big hedge in the matchup. He previously played Delvers instead, and I was much more confortable. Now, every turn he gets in with the Mandrils, and chump blocking is not an option anymore. Pretty annoying. He kiled me both times by answering my Batterskull and berskering his Deathshadow for the win. I had a few bad draws, drawing my 4 ports before another white mana source, or not drawing one of my 2 RiP postboard for instance, but in the end, Massacre still destroys DnT and he outperformed me generally. Not much to be added here.

Game 4, vs 4c control (2-0)
    Another win that felt great. I just outplayed him every game. Bob was MVP here. Game 1, I vialed him in with an active Mom in play, and it turns out that Death and Taxes with card advantage goes insane. I played safe: Revoker in hand with Vial on 2 for when Jace would hit the board, getting Thalia early in with Karakas protection, and trying to have at least 1 threat on the board (Thalia, a Flicker, Mirran ...) that hits every turn, to keep the pressure, while keeping safe options in hand to fight versus removals or discard. This allowed me to have him concentrating on answering the board, and me finding and throwing more threats (Prelate, equipments ... ) as he was answering the previous ones. It went great. I had one very enjoyable play: he was very happy to cast a Toxic Deluge, paying 3 HP in order to get rid of a mother of runes and a Thalia freshly equipped with a SFI, and I Vialed in Pontiff giving +1/+1. Pontiff haunting Thalia even got me rid of 3 baleful strixes on board when he killed Thalia with a Fatal push later in the game. The 2 RiP were great, as I found 1 postboard, and it was another must answer card on the board for my opponent, nullifying his snapcasters. The matchup feels like a catch me if you can game, where the player managing to get in the cop's position being the one that eventually wins it: whatever the opponent throws at you or on the board, you just keep outplaying the threats, and at some point you get catched.
    Post-board Sword of War and Peace went nuts again. I decided to put it in the sideboard, with 1 pithing needle over 2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. I still don't know if this is a good call, but it seems like having access to Pithing is never bad, and SWP sweetens a few tough grindy matchups.

I overall felt very happy with the deck. Like usual, it's DnT, so you need a lot of thought and knowledge of both your deck and your opponent's deck, and that's not even a sufficient condition to win, it's a necessary one. Then it's about playing as optimal as possible.

Two times Prelate in main felt great, and I was not even paired in matchups where it's the most useful (Lands, Grixis Delver, 4c Loam, Burn, Storm ...). I could not imagine not playing Pontiff right now, as it straightforwardly handles TNN, but is also a very good edge in tough matchups like Infect, and even gives you a little bit more of a chance versus Elves. Bob was great, even awesome. Getting card advantage is usually enough to give you the fuel to power a win. Some players advised me to consider playing 2, or even 3, but I am reticent to cutting off Mirran entirely (he still is amazing in Eldrazi and 4c Matchups, and out of this world when equipped with anything) and having to stretch my manabase even more. I was reluctant enough already to go down to 7 basics. But I'll test it.
    Last edited by Mannaus; 11-22-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Played a win-a-Mox in Atlanta yesterday and ended up 4-3, but had some pretty sweet plays I was quite proud of.

Maindeck (60)
    4 Mother of Runes
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Flickerwisp
    4 Mirran Crusader
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 Karakas
    10 Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Council's Judgment
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    2 Rest in Peace

R1: Elves (0-0)
    G1: We both develop our board. I sit on a Vial on 3 for a while and cast creatures. Get a Jitte online but he casts Green Sun's Zenith for Reclamation Sage to take care of it. He develops a little more and taps most of his board with Heritage Druid activations to hard-cast a Craterhoof Behemoth, then untaps one other elf so he has enough to swing for lethal. I Vial in Flickerwisp, flicker the Craterhoof, and take 7. Next turn he swings into my measly board with his 5/5 Craterhoof. I vial in Mirran Crusader and double block with Crusader and Recruiter to kill Craterhoof, and win shortly after with Flickerwisp and Crusader beatdown.
    G2: On my turn 2 I wasteland a Dryad Arbor instead of casting Ethersworn Canonist, and his next turn he drops like 6 elves. Get Hoof'd the following turn.
    G3: I sandbag a Containment Priest in my hand while ticking up Vial. After he develops a few turns he casts Wirewood Symbiote and then Green Sun's for 4 (I think for Wren's Run Packmaster). I respond by putting in Flickerwisp with Vial, flickering the Symbiote, and then flashing in Containment Priest. After a few more turns of staring each other down I get a Jitte online with a Crusader and take over.
    Win 2-1

R2: BUG Control (1-0)
    G1: I start out okay until he starts chipping away my board with Liliana, The Last Hope. I Vial in Mirran Crusader feeling confident, then he drops Liliana of the Veil to -2 the Crusader away and once I see Jace, The Mind Sculptor I scoop.
    G2: T1 Thoughtseize takes my Mirran Crusader. T2 Thoughtseize takes the second Crusader I drew on my next turn. He gets Liliana online before I can get anything on board to stick and that's it for me. This guy ended up going on to win the entire tournament.
    Lose 0-2

R3: Sneak & Show (1-1)
    G1: He mulls to 5 and I try to figure out which combo deck he's on after a T1 Preordain. I get his life total low and then he casts Show and Tell. I put in Batterskull expecting to race Griselbrand, but he drops Emrakul, The Aeons Torn instead and I can't beat that with what I have.
    G2: I play the mana denial game and after he miscounts mana to cast and activate Sneak Attack he scoops.
    G3. I mulled aggressively but not enough, as I did not have Karakas. He T2 S&T into Emrakul and I have nothing.
    Lose 1-2

R4: Sneak & Show (1-2)
    G1: Mana denial holds him off long enough for me to get there.
    G2: I keep a hand with Containment Priest and leave it in hand. When he casts S&T I flash in Priest, we both decline to put anything into play. Next turn I drop a Prelate naming 3, and he spins wheels for a bit while I beat down with Priest and Prelate. He kills Priest with a Fire // Ice, and I get a Thalia in. More beat downs. I get him to 4, and then on his upkeep I Port his Island, activate Vial to Flickerwisp his Lotus Petal, leaving him with nothing but an untapped Island. He draws and then flops his hand on the table revealing a freshly drawn Scalding Tarn and a Pyroclasm that he could not cast thanks to Thalia.
    Win 2-0

R5: Maverick brew (2-2)
    G1: We both develop boards with a big stare down. He manages to pull off the Dark Depths combo, but I top-deck a Flickerwisp to take care of the token. Eventually Mirran Crusader and Jitte squeak out a win.
    G2: He T3 Depths combos me and I have nothing.
    G3: I manage to get the mana denial game going and he can't keep up. I trick him into making a block of my Jitte equipped Revoker with his Ramunap Excavator to kill it, and he never comes back from that. Mom equipped with SoWaP seals the deal.
    Win 2-1

R6: Lands (3-2)
    G1: Keep a great hand with Vial and a Plains or two, but don't see another land for like 10 turns. He wrecks me with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and gets Marit Lage out that I can't handle.
    G2: He's about to win after I got him pretty low, but he got too many lands out of his graveyard with Life From The Loam to activate Barbarian Ring to take care of my Prelate on 2 since threshold is turned off so he scoops.
    G3: I keep a mull to 5 with Karakas, Wasteland, Vial. I start out strong and get 4 or 5 creatures on board despite not seeing a single additional land for many turns. He Wastelands both my lands then Crop Rotations for Tabernacle and wipes my board. I never manage to come back from that.
    Lose 1-2

R7: BR Reanimator (friend of mine) (3-3)
    G1: I keep a hand with Vial, Mom, and Karakas, fully expecting the T1 Sire of Insanity that I told him would be his best bet if he ever faced D&T. Instead he casts Entomb for Iona, Shield of Emeria and Reanimates it. I T2 drop Karakas, bounce it, and he has nothing after that. He told me later he wanted the Sire but drew it on his first turn.
    G2: He spins wheels for a bit, then expecting me to be holding a Containment Priest he goes to combo and says "Do you have it?" I did.
    Win 4-3

Aside from not mulling as aggressively in R3 I feel like I played the best I could. The win against Elves made me suuuuuuper happy and I had a blast despite my disappointing record. The room was full of BUG overall (5/8 of the Top 8 were BUG decks) so 4x Crusader was a great call, and I was never unhappy to see it.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Hey Rob. Thanks for the report. A note on your Elves match. The deck was probably rather rogue. Nice prep though: four Crusaders is kinda nice if you can live that long.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Hello everybody,
    Went 5-2, finishing 15th out of 97 at Geneva Legacy this sunday.
    I missed top8 very closely, losing to the winner of the tournament at 4-1 in round 6.
    The tournament came down the following :
    - 1-2 vs Monored Prison
    - 2-0 vs Infect
    - 2-1 vs DeathProof
    - 2-1 vs Infect
    - 2-0 vs DnT
    - 1-2 vs Turbo Depths
    - 2-1 vs Aggro Loam
    I will try to write a more detailled report later on. In general, Orzhov Pontiff was MVP all day long, and I did not miss Gideons. My loss in 1st round was due to inexperience in the matchup. Game 1 I had a Sanctum in hand, not knowing what to call, and it was too late when he started flowing the board with 3 CMC artifacts. My loss to Turbo Depths was to a good friend that just outplayed me that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaus View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I missed top8 very closely, losing to the winner of the tournament at 4-1 in round 6.
    - 1-2 vs Monored Prison
    - 2-0 vs Infect
    - 2-1 vs DeathProof
    - 2-1 vs Infect
    - 2-0 vs DnT
    - 1-2 vs Turbo Depths
    - 2-1 vs Aggro Loam
    I will try to write a more detailled report later on. In general, Orzhov Pontiff was MVP all day long, and I did not miss Gideons. My loss in 1st round was due to inexperience in the matchup. Game 1 I had a Sanctum in hand, not knowing what to call, and it was too late when he started flowing the board with 3 CMC artifacts. My loss to Turbo Depths was to a good friend that just outplayed me that day.
    Deathproof? Uh, I usually don't ask this question, but what on earth is that deck?

I am not sure of the name of this archetype ; it's all the BUxy Delver decks based on Death'Shadow. Inspired from Modern. In this case it was a BUG version with TNN and Gurmag.

I am not sure of the name of this archetype ; it's all the BUxy Delver decks based on Death'Shadow. Inspired from Modern. In this case it was a BUG version with TNN and Gurmag.
    Ah, okay. I tend to refer to it as Death's Shadow Delver. One of my locals, Justin Parnell, played it to a couple of good finishes.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

It was originally called Deathproof, source.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    It was originally called Deathproof, source.
    Well, I can't argue with a source from 2013! Thanks!

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Hey Rob. Thanks for the report. A note on your Elves match. The deck was probably rather rogue. Nice prep though: four Crusaders is kinda nice if you can live that long.
    I didn't see anything too unusual about it, I think it was fairly standard. He had a 1/1 split of Packmaster and Nissa and I did see one Elvish Mystic, but nothing else stood out as unusual. I only saw one Cradle and zero Glimpses in all three games, so it's possible he was on a somewhat budget list, though.

If I didn't have experience playing the deck myself I probably would've gotten stomped, though. I kept plowing his Symbiotes as soon as they resolved, and his reaction made me think he was used to playing against players less familiar with the deck.

Hello everybody,
    - 1-2 vs Monored Prison
    - 2-0 vs Infect
    - 2-1 vs DeathProof
    - 2-1 vs Infect
    - 2-0 vs DnT
    - 1-2 vs Turbo Depths
    - 2-1 vs Aggro Loam
    How was the match against Aggro Loam? Could specify more. Does this confrontation interest me enough!

Which side out do you give in this match? (This second question is open to all who could complement)

Sideboard report and notes from my tournament

I played this list:

// 23 Lands

4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    7 Plains
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Scrubland

//7 Artifacts

4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte

// 4 Spells

4 Swords to Plowshares

// 26 Creatures

4 Mother of Runes
    4 Flickerwisp
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Dark Confidant
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Orzhov Pontiff

// 15 Sideboard Cards

2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Cannonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Council’s Judgement
    1 Orzhov Pontiff

A few notes: Pontiff is mainly a meta call: he is unmatched in the DnT build to deal with problematic creature decks: any deck encompassing TNN's, Infect, Pyromancer, Elves, Mentor Token's, DnT, Goblins (Storm and variants), and so on.
    Sideboard: pretty stock, I preferred Faeries over Surgical extraction's due to the amount of Reanimator decks I was expecting. I am not too sure about this, maybe I'll switch back. I didn't face any Reanimators tough. I decided to remove my 2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar from the side and include 1 Pithing Needle and 1 Sword of War and Peace instead.
    Heads up to Medea for all his content on DnT. Inspired me largely from his sideboard. Most notably the inclusion of Sword of War and Peace, of which I'm never too sure of, but which consistently delivers the wins. Also the Matchup section of the website helps a lot when preparing for a meta. So one more, time, thank you very much for all the work you're putting in this. It's a great opportunity for the DnT community.

As it came down:

Match 1 versus Red Prison - Result 1-2 (0-1)
    Side out: 4 Swords to Plowshares
    Side in: 2 Council Judgement 1 Pithing Needle 1 Sword of War and Peace
    This matchup should be favorable, but my inexperience in it cost me game 1, not knowing what to name with Sanctum and losing to Ensnaring Bridge lock-out. Game 2 I had too much for it, and game 3 he had a better outcome, locking me with Chandra, Pyromancer.

Match 2 versus Infect - Result 2-0

Side out: 3 Phyrexian Revoker 2 Recruiter of the Guard 1 Batterskull 2 Mother of Runes
    Side in: 2 Path to Exile 2 Ethersworn Cannonist 2 Council's Judgement 1 Pithing Needle 1 Orzhov Pontiff
    My knowledge of the matchup paid off, and it was 2 straightforward wins. I didn't see my Pontiff's these games. I always name 3 with Prelate. It turns out that cutting them off their free pump spell probably is the best call: then it's way easier to cut them off green mana (port, wasteland) and preventing them to go Lethal.

Match 3 versus BUG Deathproof - Result 2-1 (0-1)
    Side out: 3 Phyrexian Revoker 1 Orzhov Pontiff 1 Sanctum Prelate
    Side in: 2 Council's Judgement 2 Path to Exile 1 Pithing Needle
    I side in 1 pithing for DRS, or would he have problematic PW's. Risk was low, and priority here is to get rid of his big creatures (Death Shadow, Angler and Delver's). I lost game 1 to inferior board presence, but then took game 2&3 control mode.

Match 4 versus Infect - Result 2-1 (1-0)
    Same side as in match 2. He took game 2 by me keeping a slow hand with no 1 CMC spot removal and turn 2 combo'ed me out. The two other games, Pontiff, Thalia, StP and mana denial put me in a driving seat.

Match 5 versus Death and Taxes - Result 2-0
    Side out: 4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben 2 Sanctum Prelate 1 Mirran Crusader
    Side in: 2 Council's Judgement 2 Path to Exile 1 Pithing Needle 1 Sword of War and Peace 1 Orzhov Pontiff
    I dislike keeping my Prelate's, as they feel like a win-more card. They're great only when you're ahead on board and would like to cut your opponent out of spot removals. SWP was great, Orzhov Pontiff was back breaking. I side out Mirran since Pontiff is strictly better.

Match 6 versus Turbo Depths - Result 1-2 (1-0)
    Side out: 1 Orzhov Pontiff 1 Sword of Fire and Ice 1 Stoneforge Mystic 2 Sanctum Prelate
    Side in: 2 Path to Exile 2 Council's Judgement 1 Pithing Needle
    This was the match in which I was least confident in my sideboarding decisions. What to side in was straightforward, but what to side out was not at all... I ended up choosing to get rid of the SFI, since it seemed too slow and not relevant enough (whereas Batterskull and Jitte provide with the HP safety net) and Prelate's, since I would like to call 1 to cut him off Crop Rotation, but then you're left out of your Spot Removals.
    I felt highly confident after a straight win in the first game, but then got outplayed. The matchup is very tricky, and probably I need more practice. Surgical Extraction would have been match winning here probably as well. A good BG depths player turns out to be able to play around all the hate you throw at him, since that's the goal of their deck: dodging the hate, until you have nothing left and you face a huge 20/20 flyer. They were nice matches.

Match 7 versus Aggro Loam - Result 2-1 (0-1)
    Side out: 4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben ; 1 Orzhov Pontiff ; 1 Umezawa's Jitte
    Side in: 2 Rest in Peace 1 Pithing Needle 1 Sword of War and Peace 2 Council's Judgement
    The big deal here is getting rid of recursive Loam's and Punishing fires, which destroyed me game 1. I missed not having Surgical Extraction here, and in the end opted to not board in the Faeries, since I played 2 Prelate and 2 RiP already, and didn't know what to board out additionaly. It turned out to be enough, and Sanctum Prelate with Mother of Runes plus Vial locked him out of the two next games. I also aggresively casted Revoker naming Liliana of the Veil both games. At the end, my opponent told me he actually sided them out. Not sure of this choice, also because it was to side in Golgari Charm and Krosan Grip, both eating it to Prelate (the 1st one locks out the 2, the second one the 3 CMC, for Toxic deluge, Liliana ... Sometimes I call 3 first, depending on the board state, to cut him off Liliana and Toxic Deluge. ).
    I believe this matchup is slightly unfavorable before side, but then turns in our favor. It all depends if they can Turn 2 Liliana us, keep an active Bob on the board or lock us out with Punishing Fire and if we have the relevant answers to those cards. I think the DnT player should take the control role, and try to lock them out of their game. Then, Knight of the Reliquary apart, we should be able to overpower them on board with Equipments and Flyers. Sword of War and Peace helps a great lot here as well, as it serves as an additional pro-red protection (since SFI usually eats its Qasali Pridemage activation). Plus it can give protection from Knight, which turns out to be highly relevant.

In general: I didn't face TNN decks, but Pontiff still delivered. He helps fixing a lot of difficult matchups. Bob was the best Silver Bullet one could wish for: when you don't have him, you do your usual DnT stuff, and when you turn out to have him active, he gives so much card advantage that the game is pretty much unlosable further down the road. The 2 Prelates main felt great all day long. I sided in Pithing Needle every match, and it never was a dead draw.

Any comments are welcome on all the sideboarding decisions or in general
    Last edited by Mannaus; 11-22-2017 at 06:53 AM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    You were wondering in you report from the classic event if Sneak and show is still a favorable match-up for D&T.
    I don't think it is anymore. Most of them now play omniscience to drop down from Show and tell and you can't win most of the time vs a resolved omniscience. You really need a lot of hate and most important, you need to gamble when playing the show and tell game.
    Do i drop a thalia or cannonist against omniscience? or containement priest vs emrakul or griselbrand? or Revoker for sneak attack? It's a guessing game that you can loose very easily.
    First you need hate, then it needs to be the right hate, and you need to choose wisely when he resolves a sneak and show.
    They also play more basics making it a little bit harder to disrupt their mana...
    Maybe still favorable against none omniscience versions, but i think most of S&T decks now play omniscience, and then the match-up is only even, or a little bit favorable only.
    Last edited by Tylert; 11-25-2017 at 01:30 PM.

What's the link to the DNT discord group?

Quote Originally Posted by cheerios View Post
    What's the link to the DNT discord group?
    EqTF7y5

Here is some new deck tech I am going to test.

Death & Taxes & Force of Will

Creatures:26
    4 Mother of Runes
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Spell Queller
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant

Spells:11
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Lands:23
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Island
    1 Karakas
    1 Marsh Flats
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Tundra
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Rest in Peace
    4 Force of Will
    2 Submerge

My main goal when building the deck was to retain the strengths of mono white D&T but to be able to support Force of Will.

I put FoW in the board because I could not get enough blue sources in the main without playing cantrips.

I expect a better matchup than monowhite D&T against basically all combo decks. I think the deck looks strong against many other decks as well thanks to TNN, Spell Queller, Spell Pierce, FOW and Submerge but that comes at the cost of a weaker mana base. I expect a worse matchup than mono white against Eldrazi, Lands and Loam.

I would be interested in hearing what you think about the deck and how you would tweak it. I will post a report if it plays well :)

Some things I have considered:
    * Spell pierces to the main to complement the mana denial plan, but havent been able to fit them.
    * Cantrips to support FoW in main and as a great use of mana with active vial, but this opens the deck up to two new angles of attack: CMC 1 hate and card draw hate
    * More cliques main but I wanted to keep the number of UU cards pretty low. I instead choose to play only 1 karakas and 1 Venser + 1 Clique as tutorable toolbox cards and late game recursion.
    * 1 Labyrinth, 1 Meddling Mage and 1 Revoker instead of 3 Revoker. Meddling Mage would work as good insurance when Spell Queller has exiled a card. Labyrinth works well with Clique. But I think the deck needs more answers to already deploed threats which Revokers provides.
    * Removing SoFaI as maybe I dont need it since I am playing TNN. I could replace it with something like Meddling Mage or Clique instead. But I still think that SoFaI plays an important backup role incase Jitte gets disrupted.

Thread Information