Page 397 of 533 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    What?
    "When Restoration Angel enters the battlefield, you may exile target non-Angel creature you control, then return that card to the battlefield under your control."

Serra Avenger is an angel.

Why would you play both? Neither can be recruited for and they seem to compete for the same slots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Why would you play both? Neither can be recruited for and they seem to compete for the same slots.

the big dnt lists that medea referenced ran them both. being able to support moat with the high flying count was one of the easiest ways to cheese a win against eldrazi at that point.

I see. Somehow I missed the part where it turned to Big DnT. My mistake.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I know that Red and Taxes is a real thing at this point, but does anyone have a current list for a Green and Taxes build? There is so much static searching the interwebs for a current/viable list.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    I know that Red and Taxes is a real thing at this point, but does anyone have a current list for a Green and Taxes build? There is so much static searching the interwebs for a current/viable list.
    My site has some slightly outdated stuff. I haven't seen many green splash builds recently. This is about the closest thing I've seen.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Most decks trying the GW taxes tend to lean in a nearly Maverick-like direction anyways. Maverick does its own hatebears game pretty well.

There was the idea of a Noble Hierarch and Qasali-centric styled lists floating around awhile back, just to slam down turn 2 Prelates and Thalia, Heretic Cathars.

The idea of turn 2 three drops will always be sound so that idea will always be worth exploring. That and SB Chokes.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks!

That displaced list looks pretty cool, I wish there was a way to abuse recruiter of the guard....

I have been trying to get turn 2 prelates and knights in Maverick and figured I would ask the other white based aggro deck if they had any splash success recently.

I have read the splash page on your website Medea, very helpful!
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

I mean recruiter basically acting as GSZ is pretty neat. You can tutor pridemage, knight, teeg, etc. Basically every card you want out if maverick.

Iatee, what slots will you be putting the Harsh Mentors in? I have this feeling that they are going to be better than most have given him credit of being. I'm starting with your exact list, but dislike a few choices. I cannot argue with your results though, so I'll give it a go.

Most notably, I know the mana would need a touchup, but I really do dislike the Jailer main, and I think that PKN is at the top of the list as to why one would play the red splash anyway.

Red can give you Magus and Mentor
    Green can give you Teeg and Qasali.

Given that you can Prelate for 6 I would just play red. From Swords to Plowshares you can still protect with MoR. Mentor makes a Bolt every opponent's fetchland.

I would play it four copies against Miracle and all its neat shuffle effects

4 is a ridiculous number, no matter how good he ends up being.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Assuming Miracles doesn't get banned out of existence in a few hours, I'm going to try one Harsh Mentor over the Spirit of the Lab in the main. If Miracles is banned, the whole deck probably gets retooled and Harsh Mentor seems def not worth it.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Sigh. I have started working on a new list for our impending meta:

4 Sfm
    4 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    4 Cunning Sparkmage
    4 Big Thalia
    4 Jitte
    4 Aven Mindcensor

My only concern is it seems weak to Elves.

Death & Taxes gets a LOT worse now with a Miracles ban. A lot of our bad matchups weren't that popular cause they had an unwinnable Miracles matchup. UWx Stoneblade decks are gonna come back now, which is awful for us as well as Junk Stoneblade which is possibly even worse. True-Name Nemesis+Deathrite decks are going to be everywhere, and they were somewhat popular before, which'll be terrible for everyone. Wizards doesn't understand that there are far worse cards for Legacy than Top. True-Name, Deathrite, and Griselbrand are three of the most miserable cards they've ever printed and if you aren't playing at least one of those three in your deck, or Storm, the next few months, you're probably not going to be doing to well.

Top banned. Bad news. Code red. Combo summer. Etc.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Yeah after Miracles...which isn't a deck now...nobody gets hit by this more than us. DnT is still playable, even pretty good, but the meta is going to be much, much worse without Terminus around to sweep up boards of goblin tokens, elves, TNNs.

Yeah was looking forward to Harsh Mentor to further punish Miracles and DRS decks....

But now??

I will say that the format seems a lot more open than it used to be; you can actually play creatures (safely) again and even if your deck takes a bit to get going you don't have to worry about getting locked out of the game.

Also (hopefully) fewer games going to time and faster overall tournament experiences.

Uhhh, I'll start thinking about this immediately. It's going to be a strange new world for the next few weeks. Treat nothing as sacred for the next few weeks. Of immediate thought:

SoWaP likely goes back to the board.
    Revoker's stock drops a bit.
    4 Color decks likely become the new control deck of choice; thus Crusader gets better, and the red splash is appealing.
    Decks that were soft to Terminus get better (Elves)
    The sideboard can likely be reevaluated since slots like Gideon will be worse.
    Previously fringe playable cards like SotL become more attractive.

Thread Information