Page 406 of 533 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by vtml1984 View Post
    Why didn't you like Sanctum Prelate?

Why no anti-hate for Dread of Night?

Edit: I like the list overall, but I would trade a Serra Avenger for a Prelate in the Main.
    Feels like people run into dread of night way more than I ever have. Why hate when you can play 2 toughness creatures and just some council's judgment? Card is applicable in one matchup and it's a deck that's obviously gonna see a decline with increased combo presence. It's one of the worst times to play dread of night and even if you do it's not backbreaking like people assume it is.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So Bahra 5-0'ed again (12-3 total record) with the following list (Fiend Hunter has been replaced by Banishing Priest to be fetchable with Recruiter):

Discuss.

Edit: There are appearently videos of the deck from his stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138370242
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138611670

Quote Originally Posted by Marungo View Post
    Feels like people run into dread of night way more than I ever have. Why hate when you can play 2 toughness creatures and just some council's judgment? Card is applicable in one matchup and it's a deck that's obviously gonna see a decline with increased combo presence. It's one of the worst times to play dread of night and even if you do it's not backbreaking like people assume it is.
    Maybe I have just been hit with it a higher amount than others. I seem to get it once a week at my LGS, and every larger tournament I have been to I have faced down it at least once. The problem could just my meta, and it could really lower the likelihood with all the combo now.

@Barook
    Well, the man has chutzpa and that deck is super pared down to the nuts and bolts. No non-humans except Flickerwisp and Stoneforge Mystic. No home run hitters (no Mirran Crusader or Serra Avenger), but plenty of hate: Orzhov Pontiff, Palace Jailer and Pia and Kiran Nalaar in the main... what!?!?!?

But let's be honest, we know what's really insane here: the manabase (the chances of having your human resolve as uncounterable seem insanely high in this build); 4 Chalice of the Void; which leads to 0 Swords to Plowshares replaced by 2 Dismember. The sideboard just kind of follows from there really.

The man is singing a song I am all about hearing.

If this doesn't punish combo for all it's worth, I don't know what does. It also hits Delver really hard. Hope you have that FoW because Chalice on 1 turn 1 is even better in Legacy than Modern. Also, very solid against Burn. Hm... is Chalice as good as it feels?

Obvious concerns are casting Flickerwisp. WW is going to be a bit rough on this deck with 12 W sources. Not enough R for reliable Sudden Demise on turn 2, but plenty of Chalices to accentuate those Demises, so maybe not so bad.

If you think you need to do a lot of targeted removal, going from 2 to 4 actual removal spells is making you sad, but I don't know. StP might now be great at the moment and we might not want to give opponents free life.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    So Bahra 5-0'ed again (12-3 total record) with the following list (Fiend Hunter has been replaced by Banishing Priest to be fetchable with Recruiter):

Discuss.

Edit: There are appearently videos of the deck from his stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138370242
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138611670
    This list is just so insane for me. I'm a man who hesitates to splash because it takes away from core elements of the deck (not easily hit by wasteland, fliers vs delver and true-name), but this man has gone way beyond my wildest ideas of risky. I don't even really wanna call this amalgamation death and taxes. Feels like it's own thing since it plays so differently.

Can someone type out the sb from Bahra's deck for me? I can't see it in the image and can't really get on twitch at the moment.

Oct 2015
    Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Can someone type out the sb from Bahra's deck for me? I can't see it in the image and can't really get on twitch at the moment.
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Sudden Demise
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Fiend Hunter
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Cunning Sparkmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Goyfs from MM are like the last kid you pick in a kindergarten soccer match.
    You know he sucks, he knows, everybody knows, but you still need him to play.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    2 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Plains
    2 Plateau
    2 Karakas

4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Magus of the Moon
    4 Flickerwisp
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar

2 Dismember
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Sideboard:
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Sudden Demise
    2 Containment Priest
    3 Ethersword Canonist
    1 Banisher Priest
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Cunning Sparkmage
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    1 Palace Jailer

Asked him on Twitter about his mana base. According to him, it's pretty okay, although Flickerwisp is troublesome and he might cut down on their number a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by vtml1984 View Post
    I looked at the MKM Frankfort and Death and Taxes was played the second most, and no Top 8 showings. I know it is a sample size of one, and that they could have just been paired against Elves every round. I just thought it was interesting. When I looked they didn't have anything outside the Top so it could have just been breakers.

Everything, except Elves, that was in the Top 8 seemed like decks we should have game against (even the mono-white version). This is why I was surprised, but again only one event.
    Yeah i was playing at MKM Frankfurt with a Red splash. Went 7-3. I saw a lot of DnT players around, sadly none at the top8 :(

0-2 BR Reanimator
    2-1 Merfolk
    2-1 Dredge
    2-0 mono white DnT
    1-2 BUG (sadly one of the friends I travelled to the event)
    2-0 RUG Delver
    2-0 Storm
    2-1 Some Tezzeret, Thopter, ensnaring bridge, walking ballista deck, not sure what to call it. (Even was on stream with it, i'll link it when its posted on Youtube)
    2-1 Elves!
    0-2 4c Delver

Played the following list:
    4x Wasteland
    4x Rishadan Port
    3x Karakas
    3x Plains
    3x Flooded Strand
    2x Arid Mesa
    2x Cavern of Souls
    2x Plateau

4x mom
    4x Thalia
    4x SfM
    3x Flickerwisp
    2x Phyrexian Revoker
    2x Mirran Crusader
    1x Sanctum Prelate
    2x Recruiter of the Guard
    2x Magus of the Moon
    1x Ethersworn Canonist
    1x Harsh Mentor (was expecting a lot of mirror and SfM decks...)

4x StP
    4x Vial
    Jitte, SoFaI and Batter

SB:
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Relic of Progenitus
    1x Sword of War and Peace
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    1x Cunning Sparkmage
    1x Faerie Macabre
    1x Leonin Relic-Warder
    1x Magus of the Moon
    1x Sanctum Prelate
    1x Rest in Peace
    2x Path to Exile
    1x Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1x Council's Judgement

Jun 2015
    NYC

Did Harsh Mentor do anything for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Marungo View Post
    This list is just so insane for me. I'm a man who hesitates to splash because it takes away from core elements of the deck (not easily hit by wasteland, fliers vs delver and true-name), but this man has gone way beyond my wildest ideas of risky. I don't even really wanna call this amalgamation death and taxes. Feels like it's own thing since it plays so differently.
    I mean, Vial, Mom, thalia, SfM, Flickerwisp, Wasteland, Port, Karakas, Jitte, Sword, B-Skully. We've seen Imperial and other times Chalice has been used. Looks DnT to me, though I agree it is quite the brew.

Well, it's a touch greedy, I'll say that. I think I'd want to go down one Wisp for sure, and I'm not a huge fan of Faerie, but I think it makes sense as a deck.

I have been watching his stream and the list seems pretty strong. My only question is why he does not include Thalia 2.0 in the list, given that he is already playing Ancient Tombs. Thalia 2.0 seems really strong in this meta.

I feel this takes a bit from the new Enevoldsen lists mixed in with the red splash.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    Did Harsh Mentor do anything for you?
    I would like to know this as well. I have a list that I am going to run here in May with two of these little bastards in the sideboard.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsMissedTrigger View Post
    I would like to know this as well. I have a list that I am going to run here in May with two of these little bastards in the sideboard.
    During the trial on Saturday I was able to play it twice in the mirror and did 10 and 12 damage. On sunday in the mirror I was wishing it would draw it, also against the artifact/thopter deck I wish I would draw one game 1 where he had a Padeem and ensnaring bridge on the table....

So far I will keep in the list.

Sounds about right. That card is a real hoser. I love it. Awaiting my preorders impatiently.

Edit: in an open meta where miracles no longer exists, which equipment out of the following list do you play in a sideboard if your main is Jitte/SoFI/BS?

-Jitte #2
    -SoWP
    -SoLS
    -SoFF
    -Manriki-Gusari
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 05-02-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Jan 2016
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by IRS View Post
    I feel this takes a bit from the new Enevoldsen lists mixed in with the red splash.
    Are these lists in this thread and I am missing them, or can you please post them?

I've been trying out RW taxes, and although it seems pretty close to monowhite in terms of power I'm wondering what the draw to it is all of a sudden. It seems like Red based Delver, Storm and Sneak and Show are all turning out more and more, none of which are crippled by a Magus. While I understand that RW is better vs Elves, what else is leading to the renewed interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Sounds about right. That card is a real hoser. I love it. Awaiting my preorders impatiently.

Edit: in an open meta where miracles no longer exists, which equipment out of the following list do you play in a sideboard if your main is Jitte/SoFI/BS?

-Jitte #2
    -SoWP
    -SoLS
    -SoFF
    -Manriki-Gusari
    I play Manriki-Gusari because I expect more Stoneblade decks since Miracles no longer exists and TNN in combination of Jitte is the real deal.

Thread Information