Page 494 of 533 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Here’s to hoping Reanimator makes a comeback, how do we against matchup Canadian Threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by jwl3gg View Post
    Here’s to hoping Reanimator makes a comeback, how do we against matchup Canadian Threshold?
    Great. Actual 75-25 if not better

Quote Originally Posted by jwl3gg View Post
    We do great against RUG. Delver decks used to be our dream matchup pre-DRS and Angler.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    We do great against RUG. Delver decks used to be our dream matchup pre-DRS and Angler.
    Makes me wonder how D&T is positioned now that Brightling turned out to be the new hotness AND DRS being gone.

Feels like this is going to be a pretty epic shake-up. I have never played Legacy without DRS and Probe.

Does Delver just become RUG and UR? Wasn't BUG pretty DRS-dependent too?

Wow, mana is going to be pretty wild.

I guess I expect Stifle to return now.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

These are exciting times! I'm very OK with both of these extremely boring cards gone for good. I'm pretty sure that no matter the direction the meta is going to take, D&T will be well-equipped - maybe even better than ever! - to deal with it.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    These are exciting times! I'm very OK with both of these extremely boring cards gone for good. I'm pretty sure that no matter the direction the meta is going to take, D&T will be well-equipped - maybe even better than ever! - to deal with it.
    True. I think it would be wise to pack a bit of extra graveyard hate for awhile at least as players take their reanimator and dredge decks out of mothballs. And I expect to be more dependent upon Enlightened Tutor during the immediate transition because the meta will be less predictable. In fact, I would like to see a list that attempts to be complete of this sort (which of course is not).

Expect to see more of:
    Miracles
    Reanimator
    Lands
    mirror

Expect to see less of:
    Jund
    Leovold
    Kolaghan's Command
    Storm
    Tropical Island
    Last edited by Finn; 07-03-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Nov 2016
    France

Hello there, first post from a long time lurker and D&T player. ;)

And what a day to post my first message here !

Elves took a hit, and I guess... Baleful Strix too ? It's hard to evaluate whether GBx fair decks will manage to stay viable, but it makes me wanna go down to 1x Mirran Crusader right now (it also strenghtens the choice of only 2x Phyrexian Revoker). I feel it's going to be about how good Noble Hierarch and Tarmogoyf will become.

I'm crying with happiness right now. After 5 years of agony, I feel like justice has finally been served. What's coming is the Legacy I know and love, and I'll thoroughly enjoy every single minute of it until WotC inevitably fucks it up again.

Also, keep an eye on Containment Priest, and buy them if you still don't have them. The card hits Maverick, Sneak, Reanimator, Tin Fins, Dredge and many other decks that will be assured to play a big part in the new meta.

Apr 2017
    Santa Barbara, California

Quote Originally Posted by frenadol View Post
    I'm crying with happiness right now. After 5 years of agony, I feel like justice has finally been served. What's coming is the Legacy I know and love, and I'll thoroughly enjoy every single minute of it until WotC inevitably fucks it up again.

Also, keep an eye on Containment Priest, and buy them if you still don't have them. The card hits Maverick, Sneak, Reanimator, Tin Fins, Dredge and many other decks that will be assured to play a big part in the new meta.
    Good call on the Priests. I am extremely excited about playing Reanimator and D&T in the upcoming meta.

The mana-denial game is what D&T does best, and DRS was a huge pain, having to use Swords or Revoker naming DRS.
    A turn one DRS on the play was so frustratingly powerful, considering how D&T needs to stay ahead to effectively deny your opponent's resources.

Going forward, I am curious to see how D&T will adapt to the use of different mana sources. I feel like Thalia + Wasteland improved greatly. I'm really excited about mana denial, especially early in the format. The printing of cards like Brightling. Meh. Card is great. But, I'm tired of hearing about the white morphling.
    Beaters are beaters. It's the hatebears that bring home the bacon.
    MTGO: Cucaracha_Gigante
    Currently Playing:
    Maverick. D&T.
    Reanimator.
    BURN.

Maybe Sanctum Prelate becomes relevant again?

Quote Originally Posted by potentia View Post
    Maybe Sanctum Prelate becomes relevant again?
    It was always relevant.

That aside I feel real happy about all these changes. Still not sold on Brightling and if anything this banning hurts that card. We will see how the format levels out. At this point thinking any current list is up to date or correct is wrong. We got some meta gaming to figure out. And that’s exciting.

Just adding my voice to the chorus that is very optimistic for this turn of events. I also don't think that my build needs much tweaking either for the anticipated meta. Good times.

Tomorrow morning at ~9:15 am EST I'm going to stream a discussion on the Post-DRS/Probe world. Then streams from there on out will be Brightling testing parties!!! https://www.twitch.tv/deathandtaxesftw

Quote Originally Posted by Marungo View Post
    It was always relevant.

That aside I feel real happy about all these changes. Still not sold on Brightling and if anything this banning hurts that card. We will see how the format levels out. At this point thinking any current list is up to date or correct is wrong. We got some meta gaming to figure out. And that’s exciting.

I disagree, brightling is a safer late game threat than crusader in the open meta. It's also a fast clock even without equip. I think the bannings cemented the card in d&t for now.

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Makes me wonder how D&T is positioned now that Brightling turned out to be the new hotness AND DRS being gone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-uagjJQ9k

As good as it can be, don't we have enough mana sinks between equipment, Stoneforge and Ports? It's also a mostly defensive card, and it doesn't help versus True-Derp. Granted, they can't race Brightling by attacking with TNN because lifelink, but lifelink is negated if they use it to block Brightling.

I will admit it does look stellar vs burn decks however. And it's miles easier to keep alive than most anything else.

Also, off topic, Tormod's Flying Bear looks pretty damn good in a post-DRS world.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-uagjJQ9k

As good as it can be, don't we have enough mana sinks between equipment, Stoneforge and Ports? It's also a mostly defensive card, and it doesn't help versus True-Derp. Granted, they can't race Brightling by attacking with TNN because lifelink, but lifelink is negated if they use it to block Brightling.

I will admit it does look stellar vs burn decks however. And it's miles easier to keep alive than most anything else.

Also, off topic, Tormod's Flying Bear looks pretty damn good in a post-DRS world.
    I think I am okay with Brightling causing True-Name Nemesis to stay on defense. I would even call that a win. But that is when we face it against BUG colors. You should expect to see it paired with Stoneforge Mystic in the coming months, making that standoff much less in our favor.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Umezete View Post
    I disagree, brightling is a safer late game threat than crusader in the open meta. It's also a fast clock even without equip. I think the bannings cemented the card in d&t for now.
    We will see. I’m not sold on a mana sink that’s not tutorable and a slower overall clock than crusader. And please nobody reply what it does well. I can read that card, I know what it does well and the sheer fact I own it means I clearly don’t think it’s bad. I just don’t think it’s some slam dunk staple nor even something that is better in this blind meta. I will say I believe not playing a prelate main is a mistake right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marungo View Post
    We will see. I’m not sold on a mana sink that’s not tutorable and a slower overall clock than crusader. And please nobody reply what it does well. I can read that card, I know what it does well and the sheer fact I own it means I clearly don’t think it’s bad. I just don’t think it’s some slam dunk staple nor even something that is better in this blind meta. I will say I believe not playing a prelate main is a mistake right now.
    Why do you think Prelate main is the right choice right now? Is it because you think more combo is on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Why do you think Prelate main is the right choice right now? Is it because you think more combo is on the horizon?
    Yes. Combo and lands are gonna be just some of the “free wins” decks I expect initially. Don’t know if y’all remember but prelate is a house vs lands. It’s also a 1 of that is even better against RUG Delver than it was vs Grixis. In general a very strong card that can hedge our matchups vs the combo and lands decks that people play in the initial weeks. The format won’t be the same fair and midrange grindfest it has been imo.

Thread Information