Page 520 of 533 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,400 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Draggo View Post
    What are the thoughts on Smuggler’s Copter? Anyone tried it recently?
    Being able to loot trough your cards seems something D&T could use.
    Copter has great stats and abilities, no doubt, but I think it wouldn't synergize well enough with the rest of the deck: You cannot vial it, and it will cost 3 under Thalia. The only "long-term useless" bodies you can count on are Recruiter of the Guard and Stoneforge Mystic, because you certainly don't want your Mother of Runes to crew the copter under normal circumstances. It does nothing on an otherwise empty board. Equipment is needlessly clunky with it. I think Copter's impact has a rather high ceiling, but it won't save your sorry arse if you're struggling with removal-heavy decks. I'd rather have Serra Avenger instead.

That makes sense, thanks!

Tonight I'll be streaming some D&T vs Miracles exhibition matches with Anuraag Das. Matches will start at ~7:15 PM EST. My channel for the D&T side (https://www.twitch.tv/deathandtaxesftw) and his for the Miracles side (https://www.twitch.tv/anzi104).

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Tonight I'll be streaming some D&T vs Miracles exhibition matches with Anuraag Das. Matches will start at ~7:15 PM EST. My channel for the D&T side (https://www.twitch.tv/deathandtaxesftw) and his for the Miracles side (https://www.twitch.tv/anzi104).
    Phil, I really enjoyed this. Your knowledge of the meta has gotten to strong, and you have become so good at D+T. Thanks for sharing and keep it up!
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Faerie Macabre or Surgical Extraction at the moment?
    What are the most important advantages over the other one?

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    Faerie Macabre is better against Reanimator. It gets around situations where they Exhume with 2 possible targets in the GY.
    Faerie Macabre cannot be countered except by Stifle and stifle effects.
    If you have graveyard recursion, Macabre will be re-usable.
    There's probably more.

Advantage of Surgical is it helps you dismantle a deck's game plan.
    Maybe others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

May 2018
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    Faerie is also tutorable with Recruiter

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Thanks for the fast answers. Momenterily I tend to play 2 Faerie then as a fast grave hate option as it still function under a Chancellor or a Thalia in play while being searchable and even a beater with an Aether Vial in play. Sure there are some merrits to shut down an entirely Deck with Surgical, but as we don't play any counters nor discard this should almost never happen, and on the long run against Loam I already play 2 RiP in the SB as well.
    Do I miss something?

Hello,
    Where do people discuss death&taxes nowadays? This thread seems a bit dead. Could someone link me to a place where people discuss regulary?
    Thanks

May 2018
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by gfernandes View Post
    Hello,
    Where do people discuss death&taxes nowadays? This thread seems a bit dead. Could someone link me to a place where people discuss regulary?
    Thanks
    https://discord.gg/CrE8AGc

Looking for some sideboard advice (if anyone is paying attention!):

Want to play one equipment in the board to improve the mirror match, so Manriki-Gusari or SoWaP? I'm leaning toward SoWaP since it has wider applications. Manriki very good at what it does but very narrow.

Ensvoleden ran 1 Dismember in his sideboard recently which I assume replaced one Path. I think I'm going with this plan. Anyone have any opinions on this? Seems good to me, definitely going to surprise most non D&T players when we are tapped out of white mana.

Thoughts?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by gfernandes View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Why not asking your questions here?!!

I’m considering branching into dnt (I have a high tide as my only viable deck) - I’m kinda getting sick of being hosed by hatebears, so I thought I’d give this deck a go (and it seems relatively inexpensive).

Any thoughts on what the basic shell should be? I’m thinking:
    4 vials
    4 Thalia
    4 mother of runes
    2-3 revoker
    2-4 recruiter
    2-4 stone forge mystic
    1 batterskull
    1 jitte
    1 sword of x and y
    1 spirit of the labyrinth
    3-4 flickerwisp
    1-3 karakas
    4 swords
    1 mangara
    4 wasteland
    4 ports
    8 lands

Am i missing something? Those are the things that I generally face, so i probably am missing some pieces. Anyways, how should I go about acquiring the pieces? All of this in one go? Or just the shell and proxy-test a build that I like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    I’m considering branching into dnt (I have a high tide as my only viable deck) - I’m kinda getting sick of being hosed by hatebears, so I thought I’d give this deck a go (and it seems relatively inexpensive).

Any thoughts on what the basic shell should be?
    You should check out thrabenuniversity.com. Phil has lots of decklists there, info on match-ups. It's about the best primer available. Also check out the most recent decklists on mtggoldfish. Enesvoldsen (scabs) has been doing well in recent challenges. Check out his shell.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Looking for some sideboard advice (if anyone is paying attention!):

Want to play one equipment in the board to improve the mirror match, so Manriki-Gusari or SoWaP? I'm leaning toward SoWaP since it has wider applications. Manriki very good at what it does but very narrow.

Ensvoleden ran 1 Dismember in his sideboard recently which I assume replaced one Path. I think I'm going with this plan. Anyone have any opinions on this? Seems good to me, definitely going to surprise most non D&T players when we are tapped out of white mana.

Thoughts?
    I quite like Dismember for the mirror, and not Manriki-Gusari at all. But my favorite is now Walking Ballista. It is the only way to get rid of Mother of Runes without serious drawbacks, and it has plenty of additional advantages. It's just not going to be as reliable for equipped guys. DnT has a lot of ways to outplay the equipped creature issue though, even in game 1.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Got second in a 56 player tournament.
    Been testing Orzhov Advokist, and the card in INSANE.
    The list I used: https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=21121&d=340624&f=LE

4x Wasteland
    4x Rishadan Port
    3x Karakas
    5x Plains
    5x Snow-Covered Plains
    1x Cavern of Souls
    1x Horizon Canopy

4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4x Stoneforge Mystic
    4x Flickerwisp
    4x Orzhov Advokist
    3x Mother of Runes
    3x Phyrexian Revoker
    1x Palace Jailer
    1x Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1x Recruiter of the Guard

4x Aether Vial
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Sword of Fire and Ice
    2x Council's Judgment

Side
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Faerie Macabre
    2x Rest in Peace
    2x Sanctum Prelate
    2x Path to Exile
    2x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Pithing Needle

No batterskull. Just 3 mother of runes.
    Orzhov Advokist is absolutely INSANE.
    With this build, you must have ways to remove your blockers efficientely. So, I put 2 CJ MD, so TNN and stuff aren't a problem anymore in G1.
    The card is so great with palace jailer, forcing opp to atack, so it cant put +1/+1 counters on the creatures.
    Its a HUMAN! (cavern of souls)
    It's only costs 2W and not 1WW!
    Great resistence! (anti-bolt, anti-punishing fire, resistence to -1/-1 effects). And it can pump your other creatures, no just him.
    Flickerwisp can reset the counters on the opp creatures!
    Its seems bad. But it is 1/4. On the following turn, it is 3/6. Them 5/8. It grows very fast.
    It was my first time testing with 4. I recommend other people to test too.
    Oh, no batterskull because if you dont have gaga, or if it is destroyed, you now have a dead card in hand.
    And just 3 mother of runes because its bad against combo, eldrazi and other stuff. So 3 was just perfect.
    No more than 1 recruiter, the card is good, but too slow if you dont have vial.

My matchs were:
    Mirror (2-0)
    BR Reanimator (2-1)
    UW Stoneblade (2-0)
    BR Reanimator (2-1)
    BUG Control (2-1)
    Infect (1-2)

Any thoughts?

I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't even know that card was a thing. I have a feeling that this is one of those cards that you need to see in practice to evaluate properly. You officially get a raised eyebrow from me. I'll add this to the bucket list of things to try out. I'm skeptical, but not immediately dismissive.

I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't even know that card was a thing. I have a feeling that this is one of those cards that you need to see in practice to evaluate properly. You officially get a raised eyebrow from me. I'll add this to the bucket list of things to try out. I'm skeptical, but not immediately dismissive.
    Yeah, the cards seems strange, but it is really good. I think its the missing piece for "beaters" the deck needs. Mirran is great versus some decks, but dies to bolt. Serra Avenger its sometimes to slow, except via vial.

A little tournament report:

Match 1: Mirror - lost the dice roll
    G1: got a jitte online first, he didnt recover from that.
    G2 grind the opp with a lot of stuff, used pithing needle to stop his jitte, played palace jailer and gideon and he scooped.

Match 2: BR Reanimator - lost the dice roll
    G1: he combo on turn 1......
    G2: mull to 6, got faerie macabre. Even then he leviatan me on turn 2. But spirit of the labirynth and revoker + sword of fire and ice were faster.
    G3: keep hand with 5 lands (1 karakas) and stoneforge. Keep. Top containment priest. He comes slow, containment priest got him.

Match 3: UW Stoneforge - lost the dice roll (-.-)
    G1: very grind, he goes for TNN + jitte, but MD CJ got him. (would have lost otherwise).
    G2: mull to 6, dont remeber much, but last turn he forget to equip his TNN into batterksull and I win the race with 2 flickerwisps + jitte (he had TNN + jitte active, wasnt enoug)

Match 4 - BR Reanimator - lost the dice roll (>.<)
    G1: the combo on turn 1....
    G2: mull to 6. Got faerie macabre. He goes for it turn 1, but then was slow to recover.
    G3: he animate that boar 6/5 hexproof. But a few creatures + jitte were able to race.

Match 5: BUG Control - win dice!
    G1: dont remeber much, but advokist 3/6 + flickerwisp 5/3 were too fast for him.
    G2: he draw all removals perfectly.
    G3: very, very grind game. At one point we both were basically empty handed and I got 7 lands into play. Topdeck recruiter, search for palace jailer, he wasnt able to win with all those card advantages.

Match 6: Infect - lost dice....
    G1: Keep somethig like: 3 lands, vial, stoneforge and other stuff that did nothing. Was able do equip jitte and win.
    G2: Remove the first 2 creatures. Then spellskite came and i couldnt to anything.
    G3: same as g2.

I take out the advokist against the BR reanimator and infect.
    Really liked the deck without batterskull. Were able to play all cards without a problem.
    Usually I would play like 11 or 12 plains. But advokist is 2W and not 1WW, so I just put 1 cavern and 1 horizon canopy.
    Really liked the 3 mothers. Draw suficient of them. Dont like them late-game, so 3 were really the perfect number.
    Dont try this list without a way to kill TNN on g1. He will wait, pumping his TNN with advokist and kill you in 1 or 2 swings. (remember: you ALWAYS put 2 +1/+1 counters, you dont have penalties of doing so. You can attack even if you put the counters. Every time your opp put the counter on their creatures, you gain one turn to find something.

To finalize, a little math:
    Mirran: deals 20 in 5 turns.
    Serra Avenger: deals 20 in 7 turns (flying)
    Advokist: deals 20 in 4 turns (exactly 24, or 15 in 3 turns!) Dont forget he can pump your other creatures.

There was just one card i didnt like on the list, but maybe is a necessary evil: Spirit of the Labyrinth. I know its anti-sinergic with palace jailer, but I really want that slot to be "anti-blue". I dont like sanctum there because will raise to much the CMC of the deck overall.

I think its that. If someone have some question, I will gadly try to answer.

Lol I assumed it was a new card from RNA
    Seems maybe worse than Brimaz? Interesting option regardless I guess

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Anyone else has tested with Orzohv advokist?
    Not sold on it as it is a pure beater without evasion and no protection (except it is Bolt Proof).

Thread Information