Page 462 of 533 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Jun 2015
    NYC

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Yeah, you can also Portent them. (One thing I realized while playing - vs Snapcaster decks, it's safer to target sorceries.)

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    Yeah, you can also Portent them. (One thing I realized while playing - vs Snapcaster decks, it's safer to target sorceries.)
    Yeah, I thought about this as well.

However, it would seem like this is actually pretty insane versus Delver decks as it effectively turns their bolts on them. Giving us more removal + a 2-1 first strike that can eat pyromancer and tokens for days is pretty awesome.

Versus Pile it also seems pretty strong as they have a ton of cards we can steal for value (Removal, Cantrips, Night's Whisper, Hymn to Tourach (!!))

Versus Miracles, you can muck up their terminus/predicts.

And the best part is that the dude does not have to survive to provide net positive value, so it appears to have a lot of potential. Looking forward to more testing on it (im in process of getting some copies in paper)

Versus Storm (if you survive to cast) you can use their discard against them also!

Jun 2015
    NYC

Yeah there's a lot of 'you could do this in theory' type situations vs combo decks (exile any spell at instant speed with Vial, even if you don't plan on casting it.) But combo decks are generally low on interaction. In practice, most of the time this is gonna be a souped up Elvish Visionary.

Vs Pile this guy is great if everything goes right, but as the DRS + Snapcaster deck they're the most likely to have an instant speed response to eat your value. It's also another x/1, and Lili Last Hope seems like she's been growing in popularity. Still, if the game grinds it's one of the few cards you want to topdeck, and you don't have to worry about fetching Plateaus early, which is nice. I have successfully cast Kolaghan's Command, and that felt pretty good.

Anyone have a Wr list with multiple direfleet daredevils they like after testing? Card seems bonkers with vial. There really isn't anything it's bad against. Even vs lands you can exhile loam or grab a can trip or counter vs sneak.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Anyone have a Wr list with multiple direfleet daredevils they like after testing? Card seems bonkers with vial. There really isn't anything it's bad against. Even vs lands you can exhile loam or grab a can trip or counter vs sneak.
    iatee just posted a RW list on the last page :)

Jan 2017
    Batavia, IL

Just remember Revoker is a solid maindeckable card because it is a creature that is rarely dead except in situations where anything else we played would be equally-dead. Daredevil might end up fitting the same justification (I've only played a few matches with it, so I don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed Duressing storm and bolting a Swiftspear).

My first draft maindeck was the same as iatee's but -1 Jailer +1 Flickerwisp, -1 Cavern +1 Port. I still want to play like 6 Flickerwisps, especially in a version that adds another ETB value effect in the 2drop slot. It's possible his manabase is right, 1R is hard.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCunningham View Post
    Just remember Revoker is a solid maindeckable card because it is a creature that is rarely dead except in situations where anything else we played would be equally-dead. Daredevil might end up fitting the same justification (I've only played a few matches with it, so I don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed Duressing storm and bolting a Swiftspear).

My first draft maindeck was the same as iatee's but -1 Jailer +1 Flickerwisp, -1 Cavern +1 Port. I still want to play like 6 Flickerwisps, especially in a version that adds another ETB value effect in the 2drop slot. It's possible his manabase is right, 1R is hard.
    Yeah there is a tension between this becoming a mono-humans deck (so you want as many Caverns as possible) and an etb value deck (so you want as many Flickerwisps as possible.)

I am not 100% sold in any direction on this card yet but I could see the right number being 1 in the end.

I'm planning on streaming WRb Taxes tonight at ~7:00 Eastern time. Link.

I'm planning on streaming in about an 2 and a half hours (1:00 EST) due to a snow day. Link.

Edit: I got another snowday, so I'll have another snow day stream tomorrow at 1:00 PM EST.
    Last edited by Medea_; 01-18-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Awesome write-up! Thanks for all of your hard work as always. How did Palace Jailer work out (or not)? I'm wondering if room could be made by cutting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Awesome write-up! Thanks for all of your hard work as always. How did Palace Jailer work out (or not)? I'm wondering if room could be made by cutting that.
    Palace Jailer is fine. I'm rarely overly impressed with it, but I'm not sad to have it in the deck. Sometimes it takes a game over, sometimes it loses you a game when you lose the crown.

Hello there,

today I participated in a tournament in Tübingen, Germany. In 6 rounds I played the following 75:

4 AEther Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Flickerwips
    1 Magus of the Moon
    4 Mirran Crusader
    4 Mother of Runes
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

4 Swords to Plowshares

3 Cavern of Souls
    3 Karakas
    9 Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

// SB
    1 Sword of War and Peace
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Path to Exile
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2 Cataclysm
    2 Council's Judgment

Here is a small report of today:

Match 1: Punishing Jund

Game 1: My opponent had a stable mana base, an answer for my t1 Mom and punishing fire combined with Grove of the Burnwillows.
    Game 2: Again he killed the t1 Mom and t2 Rest in Peace. No chance to win here.

Match 2: Nic Fit (GBU)

Game 1: Two Swords for two Veteran Explorer were great and Sword of Fire and Ice finished the game for me.
    Game 2: I took a greedy hand with only one Land but Vial, Mom and removal. That was not good enough.
    Game 3: I lost RIP and a few creatures to Pernicious Deed but Crusader + Jitte while porting his black land won me the game. Pretty unexpectet for me to win this matchup.

Match 3: Belcher

Game 1: I saw 14 Goblins on T1 and conceded without playing a card.
    Game 2: My opponent had enough mana and casted a t1 Burning Wish while controlling a Lion's Eye Diamond. He waited for me to respond to the Wish. I had nothing to interact. The problem was: it was too late for him to crack LED.
    Game 3: Not much hope for me on the draw but fortunately he was not able to draw an additional mana source for 2 turns. So Thalia sealed the deal.

Match 4: Grixis Delver

Game 1: Delver on the draw and a mull to 5 on my side is not my game.
    Game 2: This time my opponent had to mull and I drew enough removal.
    Game 3: T2 True-Name Nemesis and bolt in the end were one turn too fast for me on the draw.

Match 5: Grixis Delver

Game 1: Delver on the draw was too fast.
    Game 2: Delver on the play was a save win with batterskull (25 life for me).
    Game 3: Again delver on the draw killed me with a bolt one turn before I could finish him.

Match 6: Maverick

Game 1: I had to mull to 5 and lost to Jitte and Sword.
    Game 2: Very long and grindy game... Zealous Persecution broke my board. Batterskull pushed me up to 37 life but seeing only 1 Judgement and 1 crusader (no other sb-card, no other removal) in 26 cards was not winable.

Final result: 2-4-0

pros
    - First tournament after 4 years
    - good location and nice people
    - Mirran Crusader was very very good

cons
    - Magus of the Moon was terrible (even though it was castable without Plateau).
    - Sanctum Prelate was bad because I did not play against SnT or control-decks
    - losing four games against "fair" decks like Delver

summary
    - I will try more Phyrexian Revoker md and another Path to Exile in the board.
    - Maybe a Council's Judgement could be playable in the main.

How do you guys win vs delver on the draw? Mull for StP?

Feel free to comment my card-choices. :-)

Greetings
    Stephan

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by EtwasSteIne View Post

How do you guys win vs delver on the draw? Mull for StP?

Greetings
    Stephan
    Most delver decks run around 15 creatures versus our 27 orso on average. In general, Delver tries to stick 1 threath, then protect it with spells. Thing is, if you are able to remove that threath, they need to dig again for another one to try and stick.

I wouldn't mull agressively for an STP, its a solid card to see in your opening hand though. I tend to have 2 path to exile in my SB that I also bring in with this matchup postboard.

If they go (on the play) dual, delver. Your turn: land STP, they go Daze in response. Well thats it, you lost the gamble. Note that most Delver players board out dazes after game 1. I still rather take the gamble T1 by removing their threath, then waiting turn 2 to fire off an STP with a 2nd land as backup. The only time I would do this is if I can stick a vial T1, followed by a STP T2.

Just keep reasonable hands, if you have a mom T1, thats fine, if they have removal they are going to play it ASAP on the mom. Leaving the path open to try and stick a T2 Thalia instead. Thalia is pretty decent overall versus Delver, and messes up the tempo game they are trying to play.

If you only have SFM as T2, go for a sword over Bskull, if you go Bskull they most likely remove the SFM, leaving you with a dead piece of equipment in your hand.

Delver games can go both ways, I dont have the feeling Delvers are a bad MU for our deck. I have had games that lasted 7 turns, and I have had games that lasted 45 turns (was grixis delver) It is mostly the cumulation of multiple small errors on one side that might lead to a loss. Fair decks playing out vs eachother tend to reward the player with the most experience. Of course, luck is still a factor, no matter how good you are, if you need to mull to 5 because of no land hands your gonna fight an uphill battle and still lose in the end just because you are missing some gass to keep the pressure on. .
    Decks I own: 2x DnTx [B,G,R], Deadguy Ale, Maverick, Elves, Enchantress [WG/GU], Goblins, (Shardless) BUG, Food Chain, Aluren, High tide (reset/spiral), UR delver, RUG delver, Grixis Delver, Reanimator, Lands, Dark Depths (turbo / selesnya / hoogaak)

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. A.E. (1879 - 1955)

Alright, well SCG Dallas came and went, and I was present.

The team I rolled up with was kinda last minute. I knew a Modern player who knew a Standard player that I didn’t meet until the morning of. In addition, he apparently didn’t have the cards for his deck, so I had to scrounge together what he ended up playing the morning I was leaving for Dallas. I was not amused.

Anyways, Legacy stuff. This is what I registered for the Open.

4 Wasteland
    3 Rishadan Port
    2 Windswept Heath
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Marsh Flats
    3 Karakas
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 Plateau
    2 Plains
    1 Snow-Covered Plains

4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Swords to Plowshares

4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Dire Fleet Daredevil
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Magus of the Moon
    3 Flickerwisp
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Palace Jailer

Sideboard:
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Cataclysm
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    2 Path to Exile
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Blessed Alliance
    2 Surgical Extraction

I’m still pretty high on Dire Fleet Daredevil and decided that if I didn’t have a ton of confidence on doing well in the event, I might as well have as much fun as I can. Turns out it was as good a plan as any since neither of my teammates knew anything at all about Legacy, so I was often trying to 1v2 or 1v3 people. Also, another note, I tried out Medea’s advice of running Surgicals/Macabres in place of Rest in Peace due to Daredevil. Results were varied, but generally speaking, in the places where Surgical didn’t save me, Rest in Peace probably wouldn’t have either, so it’s probably a reasonable choice, even though it’s weird not registering Rest in Peace.
    I’m trying to remember it offhand, but a few rounds were blurs.
    Rd 1: Grixis Delver 2-0
    Rd 2: ??? (I think Mono White DnT, don’t quote me on it) 2-0
    Rd 3: Sneak and Show 0-2
    I almost pulled it out through an Emrakul off Sneak Attack, but I punted one turn that I needed to Vial Flickerwisp a Mountain to buy an extra turn. Who would have guessed it was that important, but lesson learned.
    Rd 4: Grixis Delver 2-0
    Rd 5: UB Tezzerator 2-0
    I got confused with turn 1 Darkslick Shore and had to ask if he was the Legacy player. He sure was, but apparently, the deck is cold to Magus of the Moon and Wasteland.
    Rd 6: White Eldrazi 2-0
    Rd 7: Punishing Abzan 1-1-1 (This matchup deserves its own story)
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=118329
    Rd 8: Mono White DnT 1-1 (Didn’t finish the last game, as my team had lost at this point)
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=118309
    Rd 9: Dropped after Round 8, because we were hungry, cranky and out of day 2 contention anyways. Our last two opponents went on to top 16 the event.

Concerning Rd 7:
    Due to the way I was placing my deck box, deck, sideboard, and notepad (which is a notebook), as a change in life total occurred, I accidentally knocked my sideboard into my deck. The cards got somewhat mixed up, but both my opponent and I generally could see which is which. After I had picked everything up, I count my sideboard and count up 14. We call a judge over and I try to figure out which card is missing. I figure out what it is and put it back in the sideboard as the judge gives the following ruling.
    Because I had mixed up two unknown zones, and my opponent cannot confirm the origins of the cards in either zone, the fix is apparently to have my opponent look through my deck and sideboard, and pick out 15 cards to put into my sideboard. The judge acknowledges that the fix is extreme, but the fix. He also mentions that the opponent (who is extremely gracious and patient at this point) wants to acknowledge that the pile that I called my sideboard is fine, then that will be that, I get a warning and move on. His teammates goad him on to try and take the free win, which he elects to reluctantly and I appeal. The head judge’s ruling makes a lot more sense to me, where they go get my decklist, confirm the contents with what I have identified as my sideboard, and we go from there. Essentially an informal deck check. I would like to thank my opponent again for being extremely gracious and patient with me and all the nonsense that happened in the game that ended in a draw afterwards.

One more note about team events: I want to say that about half of my opponents were fewer Legacy players and more players that got stuck with Legacy. Decks were built inefficiently (unless there’s a variant of Grixis Delver that runs Abrupt Decay? Is 4c Delver still a thing?), decks were played incorrectly, and my opponents had a weaker than average understanding of the metagame or the rules as a whole. Maybe I’m just being condescending, but that was the feeling I had for a good chunk of the opponents.

Daredevil hits this event:
    Vs Grixis Delver – Bolted a Deathrite Shaman
    Vs Mono White DnT – Swords to Plowshares on something or other
    Vs Grixis Delver – Cabal Therapy on Daze (revealed two FoWs, but now had perfect information anyways)
    Vs Punishing Abzan – Abrupt Decay on a Mox Diamond (I also had a Magus in play)

After the day ended I signed up for the Legacy Classic to keep playing Daredevil. I made the following changes:
    -1 Palace Jailer (main)
    -1 Blessed Alliance (side)
    +1 Vryn Wingmare (main)
    +1 Faerie Macabre (side)

Jailer remained unimpressive through multiple iterations of Pyromancers and flying things, and was overall depressing to see. Blessed Alliance was supposed to be for TNN, but TNN has recently made friends with Pyromancer, so Alliance wasn’t going to cut it.
    The Wingmare is a bit of a disynergy with the Daredevil, but I ended up appreciating the extra tax effect and Flying anyways. The Faerie Macabre was the one thing I was trying to fit into the sideboard (3rd graveyard hate mechanic), but couldn’t find room.

So here’s what happened in the Classic.
    Rd 1: Grixis Delver 2-0
    Rd 2: Sneak and Show 0-2
    He turn to Show and Tell into Omniscience both games. Dems the beats.
    Rd 3: Mana Dredge 2-1
    Rd 4: Mono White DnT 1-2
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=118399
    There was a point for around 5 turns in g3 where if I drew a land, I can cast SoFI, equip, and kill his Flickerwisp before it can get Jitte counters. Alternatively, I draw specifically Cavern, a Fetch, or Plateau, I cast Daredevil to Swords his Flickerwisp. They both do the same thing, but the end result is that I fail to and die to said Flickerwisp killing everything.
    However, I did get to Flickerwisp + Containment Priest to kill his Revoker on my Jitte. He did the same back to me and eventually, we were staring at each other for a few turns. Then we got to the point I described above and died despite weird plays.
    Rd 5: UB Reanimator 1-2
    So…. Game 1 he goes Careful Study, and I go Revoker blind name Griselbrand. A few turns later he dumps the Griselbrand into the graveyard, Entombs for a Tidespout Tyrant and Reanimates that. At this point, I have both Revoker and a Wingmare in play, alongside a Daredevil in hand and 3 lands in play. I shove with both the Revoker and Wingmare, he blocks Wingmare and I cast Daredevil on Reanimate. He Misdirects the Reanimate to his Hapless Researcher in the bin. I drop Thalia and Mom and just go wide enough to kill him. Magic is weird sometimes.
    Game 2 is a simple he turn 2s an Inkwell Leviathan and I don’t have Council’s Judgment (which probably would have gotten Forced anyways)
    Game 3 involves him dropping Iona and me failing to find Karakas. This is one time that Daredevil was awkward, as all the spells that he had were irrelevant to me at the time and it was uncastable anyways. Probably the only time it happened this weekend.
    Rd 6: Mono White DnT (4 Crusader) 2-0
    Daredevil let me win the removal war, and in g2 I ground him out with Karakas, Vial on 4 and P&K.
    Rd 7: Czech Pile 2-0

Daredevil hits this event:
    Vs Mana Dredge - Faithless Looting to just get it out of the graveyard
    Vs Mono White DnT - Swords to Plowshares on something or other
    Vs UB Reanimator - See above

So overall impressions of Daredevil this weekend was positive. In most circumstances, it remains Nekrataal, but the oddball situations like Reanimating things pushes the power level and fun factor through the roof for me. I almost never wanted to cantrip with it as it felt like a waste when I could be casting more powerful spells. Maybe at some point I’ll just look at some decks in the meta and compile a list of relevant Daredevil targets.

Anyways, had fun, would run some variation of it back again if I had the choice.

==

Edit-

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the matchup list that is listed at Thraben University to see what sort of targets Daredevil has. This list is not comprehensive, but a good starting point when determining effectiveness, I believe.

http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=17

ANT - Cantrips, Duress, Cabal Therapy, Infernal Tutor, also serves as disruption against Past in Flames and achieving Threshold.
    Burn - removal spells for their creatures. Also incidentally affects Lavamancer.
    BUG Leovold/Czech Pile - Discard spells (Inquisition, Thoughtseize, Hymn) and removal spells (Push, Edict, Deluge, Abrupt Decay) are all strong targets. Cantrips exist, but the aformentioned types of spells listed. Against Pile, KCommand is a strong target, but achieving the mana requirement to cast it can be difficult.
    DnT - Swords to Plowshares. Despite having the singular target, I would leave in Daredevil because it brawls well in combat, and having extra removal in the matchup is another way to get an advantage in an already glacial matchup.
    Eldrazi - Uh.... sometimes you can Warping Wail their All is Dust? Clearly not the matchup for Daredevil.
    Elves - Speed bump game 1. Game 2 you can hit their Abrupt Decay and discard spells if you're still alive. G3 is unapplicable because I refuse to believe that a DnT player has survived that long.
    Food Chain - Abrupt Decay, Fatal Push. Sideboard they bring in Diabolic Edict sometimes. This matchup doesn't feel particularly good with Ballista, and I don't think Daredevil improves this. Cantrips can allow you to find Revoker faster, I suppose.
    Grixis Delver - Bolt, Push, Cabal Therapy, Stifle. In the sideboard you can hit their Ancient Grudge so it doesn't get full value, but the real value of Daredevil in this matchup is doing their best Nekrataal impression. It does it pretty well.
    Infect - Pump spells. You too can race Infect! But really hit their Spell Pierce and sit behind the First Striker team, and hope it gets you there. Sometimes they bring in artifact removal postboard, which can be turned on their Inkmoth. Crop Rotation can also find Wasteland.
    Miracles - Cantrips. I believe the goal is simply to either ambush their Snapcaster Mage, or find more threats by using their Cantrips. I have won at least one game where I sat there threatening to Counterspell as well. It's on my bucket list with Dire Fleet Daredevil to Predict their Terminus at one point.
    Reanimator - I'm lumping them both in here, but RB is far more popular. Reanimate, Collective Brutality, Duress, Faithless Looting, Thoughtseize are all reasonable targets. The difficult part is surviving long enough to actually cast them, but sometimes their hands are slow out the gate. Also of note is that you can cast Daredevil through Iona (which is 90% on white). Worth noting, I suppose. Against blue variants, cantrips are also targets to try and find RiP or whatever graveyard hate you play.
    Lands - Loam, PFire, Crop Rotation, Abrupt Decay (Gamble?). Loam and PFire as targets are mostly just to get rid of it. Crop Rotate for Karakas is an amusing line against them going for Depths, as is Gamble, I suppose. Abrupt Decay can hit whatever permanents they're leaning on. Postboard their options are super varied, but hitting Grip is reasonable when they lean on Mox.
    Shardless BUG - I would normally write this off as a dead deck, but I saw it the other day in a league. Who knew. Abrupt Decay, Hymn, Push, Pulse, basically everything is a reasonable target. The point of the matchup is spam value, so either Vial on 2 or killing DRS allows you to get more value. Postboard is much the same, and hitting Decay to kill Null Rod sounds like an amazing deal to me.
    Sneak and Show - Cantrips to find Karakas. Honestly, there probably isn't going to be much that will help you if they have Omniscience anyways, so just pretend they don't have it game 1. Game 2 it's still more cantrips to find whatever bullets you brought in.
    Tin Fins - See Reanimator above.
    Turbo Depths - Discard spells, Abrupt Decay, Sylvan Scrying, Crop Rotation. Discard spells slows them down a little bit or forces them to Crop Rotate early. Crop Rotate or Scrying for Karakas. Abrupt Decay for Needles or whatever other permanents they brought in.
    UR Delver - Removal spells for their creatures, counterspells on occasion, first striker, cantrip as a last resort to find Thalia or Stoneforge. Now that I think of it, Spell Snare on their Price of Progress sounds good to me.

All in all, there's usually some target for most relevant decks out there. The few decks that I didn't have targets with (UB Tezzeretor and Show and Tell) were few and far between. I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by piroko139; 01-22-2018 at 11:47 AM.

There were a ton of D&T finishes this weekend at the Open and the Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Emurian View Post
    Most delver decks run around 15 creatures versus our 27 orso on average. In general, Delver tries to stick 1 threath, then protect it with spells. Thing is, if you are able to remove that threath, they need to dig again for another one to try and stick.

I wouldn't mull agressively for an STP, its a solid card to see in your opening hand though. I tend to have 2 path to exile in my SB that I also bring in with this matchup postboard.

If they go (on the play) dual, delver. Your turn: land STP, they go Daze in response. Well thats it, you lost the gamble. Note that most Delver players board out dazes after game 1. I still rather take the gamble T1 by removing their threath, then waiting turn 2 to fire off an STP with a 2nd land as backup. The only time I would do this is if I can stick a vial T1, followed by a STP T2.

Just keep reasonable hands, if you have a mom T1, thats fine, if they have removal they are going to play it ASAP on the mom. Leaving the path open to try and stick a T2 Thalia instead. Thalia is pretty decent overall versus Delver, and messes up the tempo game they are trying to play.

If you only have SFM as T2, go for a sword over Bskull, if you go Bskull they most likely remove the SFM, leaving you with a dead piece of equipment in your hand.

Delver games can go both ways, I dont have the feeling Delvers are a bad MU for our deck. I have had games that lasted 7 turns, and I have had games that lasted 45 turns (was grixis delver) It is mostly the cumulation of multiple small errors on one side that might lead to a loss. Fair decks playing out vs eachother tend to reward the player with the most experience. Of course, luck is still a factor, no matter how good you are, if you need to mull to 5 because of no land hands your gonna fight an uphill battle and still lose in the end just because you are missing some gass to keep the pressure on. .
    Thanks for the response :-)
    It seems like the coin toss is a big deal vs delver.

Apr 2014
    Madrid, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    There were a ton of D&T finishes this weekend at the Open and the Classic.
    Yep, I think the deck is well positioned again and fights comfortably tier 1 decks.

Finally we find the way to beat Czech Pile plus the return of Miracles to DTB that is worth as well.

Of course this cost us in form of tempo and we're a bit worse facing Delver decks IMO because we're in more bombs that must be resolved, being better on late-game and weaker to soft counters and early preassure. For that, I find myself winning less by short advantages of mana constraint like we used to do.

It's interesting looking how a 'limited' deck like this evolves in a complicated metagame like Legacy.

Btw, yesterday I 5-0'd with Wr D&T. First try with those 75 and got it:

4 x Mother of Runes
    4 x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 x Stoneforge Mystic
    2 x Phyrexian Revoker
    3 x Flickerwisp
    2 x Recruiter of the Guard
    2 x Magus of the Moon
    1 x Mirran Crusader
    1 x Sanctum Prelate
    1 x Palace Jailer
    1 x Pia and Kiran Nalaar

4 x Aether Vial
    4 x Swords to Plowshares
    1 x Batterskull
    1 x Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 x Umezawa's Jitte

4 x Wasteland
    4 x Rishadan Port
    3 x Windswept Heath
    2 x Marsh Flats
    2 x Plateau
    3 x Plains
    3 x Karakas
    3 x Cavern of Souls

SB:

2 x Path to Exile
    2 x Council's Judgment
    1 x Cataclysm
    1 x Palace Jailer
    1 x Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 x Mirran Crusader
    1 x Sanctum Prelate
    2 x Containment Priest
    2 x Ethersworn Canonist
    2 x Rest in Peace

I tryed to find room for the 4th Flickerwisp but was near imposible...

Find myself winning a lot through Vial on 4, even in tempo matchups.

Next step is give Dire Fleet Daredevil a try. When testing it do you guys consider it as a 3 drop to build a manabase? I mean, how often are you hurry of mana to give it value, how often is just a body for you etc etc?
    In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except DEATH & TAXES

It is more or less a three drop, but in a lot of matchups you can just cast it on 2 and probe your opponent, a kind of DIY elvish visionary.

@koke_mtg

I got a 5-0 with a RW list yesterday as well. I beat Aggro MUD, Miracles, BUG Delver, Sneak and Show, and Czech Pile.

Lands
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 Karakas
    3 Plains
    3 Plateau
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Flooded Strand
    1 Windsweapt Heath
    Creatures